• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Darksheik

Not sure if old, but today I received an email from Sony saying that in Switzerland, due to the appreciation of the CHF against the USD (and virtually any currency) in the last period, the Ps+ for 12 months will cost less. Down from 64 Chf to 50 Chf!
Quite nice.
ZdybdXh.png

xrnzaaas

I've tried Styx yesterday and normally I love stealth games, but holy hell this is one unpolished product. I feel like I'm never in full control and just constantly balancing between wining and losing. Deleted it and I don't think I'll be coming back since my backlog is big as it is.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I've tried Styx yesterday and normally I love stealth games, but holy hell this is one unpolished product. I feel like I'm never in full control and just constantly balancing between wining and losing. Deleted it and I don't think I'll be coming back since my backlog is big as it is.

I read it has abysmal loading times as well, is that true? Everything I've read about this game has prevented me from booting it up. Seems like there are a lot of technical issues.

Alpende

The loading times are shit in Styx, they take way too long. I tried playing it, did like 3/4 missions but I just couldn't finish it.

Something simple like dropping down to a ledge is a pain in the ass. Something that should be easy in a stealth game.

xrnzaaas

I read it has abysmal loading times as well, is that true? Everything I've read about this game has prevented me from booting it up. Seems like there are a lot of technical issues.

I didn't count, but it's probably about 30 seconds (in chapter 1, don't know how it's later on). So yeah, it's annoying if you constantly have to repeat sections of levels. At least the game has manual save.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Beat Stealth Inc 2 last night. Absolutely fantastic game. Even better than expected. I like that they put emphasis on gadgets this time. Now I'm in the process of exploring the map and doing the extra test chambers.

Alpende

Beat Stealth Inc 2 last night. Absolutely fantastic game. Even better than expected. I like that they put emphasis on gadgets this time. Now I'm in the process of exploring the map and doing the extra test chambers.

I was on the verge of giving up, had no idea where to go... until I watched a video and figured I had to jump and go in to the teleport gate (instead of just walking in) to get to the other side which also had a teleporting gate.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Holy shit labyrinth of doom in Stealth Inc 2 is ridiculous. Wow. For anyone that has completed Stealth Inc 2, go to the red section of the map and try to find the last secret test chamber there on the right hand side of this section. On your way you will reach a room called labyrinth of doom. It's fucking insane. The room just before it seemed pretty hard as well, but this room which uses the same mechanic puts that in perspective. The previous room was basically a tutorial for this.

Nightbird

So I just loaded 5€ on my PSN Account, so I could make myself PS+ for one month.
I wanted to download all the saves for my Games I had in the Cloud and back them up on my PC so I could have access to them without PS+

But as I just got to witness, I can't buy myself PS+ from the Store since I am not able to prove that I'm over 18 already (my ID uses a different Format than the one asked on PSN)

Seriously, PSN just continues to disappoint me :/

hawk2025

Glad you liked it!

It's such a massive improvement over the first game. Impeccable pacing, great difficulty curve, fun way to use the gadgets one at a time, then all together on the main map.

skynidas

Banned
That's not a slight. They just have similar requirements for trophy completion, and all in all similar length. Complete all the level without dying, under par, etc.

It's like if Battlefield 4 had a plat, but Cod Advanced Warfare didn't. No consistency.

that's up to the developer. they don't want to put a platinum trophy because it requires more testing and that means extra work.

grimmiq

Slowly playing through my PS+ backlog waiting for MGSV. Futuridium and Entwined both deleted, likely to never be played again..They're ok, but after playing Flower/Fl0w/Race the Sun and dealing with Kingdom Hearts gummy bullshit lately I don't think I can take playing any more of these types of games.

So I was enjoying the sound shapes campaign, then came death mode. Now I know what a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster must feel like.
'like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon, wrapped 'round a large gold brick.'

An hour in I actually managed to beat one, but I think I'm done with that game...

JonnyKong

I'm thinking of replaying Limbo again to get all the trophies this time around. What are the trophies like, doable in just one run? I'll probably have an online guide with beside me as I play.

Edit: just read there's a trophy for completing it without dying more than 5 times. Screw dat!

xrnzaaas

I'm thinking of replaying Limbo again to get all the trophies this time around. What are the trophies like, doable in just one run? I'll probably have an online guide with beside me as I play.

Edit: just read there's a trophy for completing it without dying more than 5 times. Screw dat!

You can get 11 out of 13 trophies easily. There's a trophy for exploring a secret area in pitch black conditions so unless you want to cheat with a guide it's better to ignore it. And the less than 5 deaths trophy is for masochists or for people that don't have any other games in their library. ;)

Auctopus

So I was enjoying the sound shapes campaign, then came death mode. Now I know what a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster must feel like.
'like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon, wrapped 'round a large gold brick.'

An hour in I actually managed to beat one, but I think I'm done with that game...

That's how it goes. I loved Sound Shapes until Death Mode. It's broken, it doesn't really require skill due to it being randomised.

You can get 11 out of 13 trophies easily. There's a trophy for exploring a secret area in pitch black conditions so unless you want to cheat with a guide it's better to ignore it. And the less than 5 deaths trophy is for masochists or for people that don't have any other games in their library. ;)

The deaths trophy takes less than an hour but obviously requires that you're pretty familiar with the game.

It's not difficult, really, if you know what's coming.

xrnzaaas

The deaths trophy takes less than an hour but obviously requires that you're pretty familiar with the game.

It's not difficult, really, if you know what's coming.

Maybe, I haven't tried it myself, but it seemed to me that a lot of the puzzles later in the game (especially the ones involving gravity) require a lot of precision, perfect timing and maybe even some luck. Besides I don't think that one playthrough would be enough for me to memorize all the dangers and I would have to either try multiple times or use a video guide. None of those seem like a fun way to spend the time, because I had enough of this game after a single playthrough. ;p

Maybe, I haven't tried it myself, but it seemed to me that a lot of the puzzles later in the game (especially the ones involving gravity) require a lot of precision, perfect timing and maybe even some luck. Besides I don't think that one playthrough would be enough for me to memorize all the dangers and I would have to either try multiple times or use a video guide. None of those seem like a fun way to spend the time, because I had enough of this game after a single playthrough. ;p

I got the achievement on Xbox and yeah, there was one part right at the end that it's easy to mess up but I still had all my lives so it wasn't really a problem, hitting it one time in five wasn't hard.

I loved the game though, so playing a couple of times to get it all straight in my head wasn't a chore at all.

JonnyKong

Has anybody bought and played those extra tombs on the Lara Croft game? I think there's about two separate Dec for it. I'm just wondering if they're worth the 2 or 3 quid cos the tombs in the main game only last about 20 minutes which personally I don't think is long enough for 3 quid.

Benedict

Entering PS Plus:

1st September: Grow Home (PS4)
1st September: Super Time Force Ultra (PS4 and PS Vita)
1st September: Twisted Metal (PS3)
1st September: Teslagrad (PS4 and PS3)
1st September: La-Mulana EX (PS Vita)
1st September: Xeodrifter (PS4 and PS Vita)

Entering PS Plus:

You know, I'm no longer pissed when a game goes on PS+ soon after a sale (see: La-Mulana EX), because I get even more pissed when a game goes on sale that I already have on PS+ and I can't buy it (see: Gravity Rush and Pix the Cat)

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Entering PS Plus:

Fantastic update. I want to play every one of those except Twisted Metal which I already own. And that's a great game by the way. So sad they fucked up the online so badly at launch.

Top Bottom