• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

netguy503

Why does the screen shot feature in Dragons Dogma compress the image so much? I want to take some shots of my character + environment but it just ends up looking like a blurry mess of blocks
LLShC.gif

Oh, you didn't realize you were playing Dragon's Dogma: Minecraft Edition?

The Jutty

Dragon's Dogma finally finished downloading, so I told it to install when I got home from work at 6. It got to 82% and froze so I had to power down the system. It crashed again when trying to delete the corrupted data it started installing, had to power down. Finally got that cleared out and tried it again, stalled out installing at 92% and had to power down - this was at midnight. Someone out there really doesn't want me to play this game.

This is happening to me how did you manage to figure out how to fix this?

My DD:DA bubble is sitting quite nicely here. I'm afraid of installing it, seeing some of the documented install problems. With my shit internet it took me almost a week to DL it (started when it came up last Tuesday, finishing only now).

If this fails then I'd be too disheartened to even try and DL it again.

Dambrosi

Banned
Wow, really? I just remember leaving the PS3 on while I slept to install that bad boy. I guess if you can't remember it, it doesn't annoy you quite so much, eh?

Either way, my machine has YLOD'd twice already, but has also been repaired by proper technicians, so i thought it was just my PS3 acting up. I didn't know Dragon's Dogma's installation issues were supposed to be so widespread. My condolences to all those affected, but really? Just give it time.

Stronty

I entered a 1 year ps+ code back in October, which was accepted and it added the membership into the cart, but I accidently hit the cancel on the pad, it now appears the membership was turned into a $50 account credit. Anyway, seems I missed out on the $10 October credit either way since pre paid psn cards didnt count for the $10 promo? I didnt notice till last week that the membership didnt stack on another year.

Celegus

This is happening to me how did you manage to figure out how to fix this?

I deleted a bunch of old stuff to give it more room to work with, that seemed to help. It installed perfectly the next day (well, on my second try, the first time somehow the cat yanked the entire system out of the cubby hole it's in and knocked it on the floor in the middle of install). It still took about 2 hours to install though.

I'm digging the game so far at least. It's really brutal, and doesn't feel like much of anything else out there. I keep failing quests that involve other NPCs because they get themselves killed, it's just crazy for a game in this day and age to say "Well sorry ya done screwed it up" instead of making NPCS invincible or failing the mission. I have to get my sorry butt back to the capital now and tell the captain that my assault on the goblin fort was a wash and got all of his men killed. Whoops.

Pretty sure I'm definitely done with Amalur now, I'm liking this a lot better.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
My DD:DA bubble is sitting quite nicely here. I'm afraid of installing it, seeing some of the documented install problems. With my shit internet it took me almost a week to DL it (started when it came up last Tuesday, finishing only now).

If this fails then I'd be too disheartened to even try and DL it again.

My first DL was corrupt... had to delete the data.

Second attempt, I redownloaded and just left it in the store... let it DL and install from the store. It worked.

Pretty annoying though.

I deleted a bunch of old stuff to give it more room to work with, that seemed to help. It installed perfectly the next day (well, on my second try, the first time somehow the cat yanked the entire system out of the cubby hole it's in and knocked it on the floor in the middle of install). It still took about 2 hours to install though.

I'm digging the game so far at least. It's really brutal, and doesn't feel like much of anything else out there. I keep failing quests that involve other NPCs because they get themselves killed, it's just crazy for a game in this day and age to say "Well sorry ya done screwed it up" instead of making NPCS invincible or failing the mission. I have to get my sorry butt back to the capital now and tell the captain that my assault on the goblin fort was a wash and got all of his men killed. Whoops.

Pretty sure I'm definitely done with Amalur now, I'm liking this a lot better.

Both games have issues with difficulty. One has shitty level scaling that punishes the player for exploration, while DD is just too easy too quickly. You level way too fast. And your jobs level too slow. It's very hard to maintain the sweet spot.

But DD is much more fun imo.

Celegus

Both games have issues with difficulty. One has shitty level scaling that punishes the player for exploration, while DD is just too easy too quickly. You level way too fast. And your jobs level too slow. It's very hard to maintain the sweet spot.

But DD is much more fun imo.

I got about 20 hours into Amalur on Hard and it was a pushover the entire time. DD has been pretty tough so far, I've died quite a few times already. You do seem to level up pretty quickly, I'm already 18. I think my favorite part of DD so far is the lighting, it's really incredible. The unease of traveling at night or exploring a dark cave, not being able to see what's going on, trying to stay in the spell effects for light, etc.

Roto13

It'd be nice if the Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 DLC was on sale too. I'd like to have those two characters but I'm not paying $10 for them. That's what I paid for the game.

Biochet

Are you sure about that? And what do you mean by "soon after"? This week too?

December content this Wednesday(presumably). Annual PS Vita titles will have a separate blog post later on in the month, guess because they don't have their shit together yet.

Could somebody explain me why games like Hotline Miami have a Platinum Trophy and games like Beyond Good and Evil HD or Resident Evil 4 HD don't?

jvm

Gamasutra.
Haha probably true. But still, games like Okami HD also have a Platinum Trophy and RE4 HD doesn't (same developer).

I'm just curious btw.
Platinum is an expensive and finite resource, subject to high demand and low supply. Not every developer can cut into their precious margins by including a platinum trophy with each copy of a game.

Sheesh. What are they teaching you kids nowadays?

mclem

Haha probably true. But still, games like Okami HD also have a Platinum Trophy and RE4 HD doesn't (same developer).

I'm just curious btw.

Is it not simply age?

I might be misremembering, but I thought that there was a policy that games below a certain price threshold weren't permitted to have platinum trophies; that policy was relinquished later on, so newer titles will have plats when older ones do not.

I think.

Could somebody explain me why games like Hotline Miami have a Platinum Trophy and games like Beyond Good and Evil HD or Resident Evil 4 HD don't?

Because of Xbox.

Beyond Good and Evil HD and RE4 (edit: re4 has 1000 points) are available on Xbox marketplace, but they are downloadable titles so they have 200 points. Developers are lazy and don't want to make an exception for the PS3 version, so the PS3 version also ends up with a "PSN trophy list" (315 trophypoints or less).

Okami HD and Hotline Miami are both exclusive for the PS3, so the developers did take the time to include a Platinum.

Edit: Lumines is indeed a weird case.

jvm

Gamasutra.
The original Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection, a retail disc game, does not have a platinum. (I earned 100% on that one, but no platinum of course.)

Now that game has been reborn as Pinball Arcade and it has maxed out the trophy list, and cannot have any additional trophies for new DLC tables. Yet, it also has no platinum.

Ah, I finally took the plunge and installed my nice DD:DA bubble. Took 1 hour, nice and steady without it freezing up or slowing at any point. Now, onto actually playing it. Much deserved after that 5 days of downloading

jvm

Gamasutra.
Ah, I finally took the plunge and installed my nice DD:DA bubble. Took 1 hour, nice and steady without it freezing up or slowing at any point. Now, onto actually playing it. Much deserved after that 5 days of downloading
This is the PS+ thread, right? Do people not set their PS3's to install games overnight, when it doesn't have to be watched for an hour?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Platinum is an expensive and finite resource, subject to high demand and low supply. Not every developer can cut into their precious margins by including a platinum trophy with each copy of a game.

Sheesh. What are they teaching you kids nowadays?

Talking as if devs owed you a platinum... Sheesh indeed.

Top Bottom