• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Celegus

This is the PS+ thread, right? Do people not set their PS3's to install games overnight, when it doesn't have to be watched for an hour?

I've never messed with the turn on overnight stuff, mostly because I use one of those master/secondary power strips for my living room, so whenever the master(TV) turns off, it cuts power completely to anything in the secondary outlets (PS3). It's really not a big deal, I just tell it to install then make dinner or take the dog out or whatever else needs done.

Also: my Vita should be arriving sometime this week! I had negative zero interest in ever getting one when I signed up for PS+ (start of the IGC) but this service alone made it worth it (and Tearaway). Can't wait to check out that OLED goodness! I've never even touched a Vita before.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hey is the Vita going to get a refresh of it's 52 week titles?

Shouldn't it happen in November

jvm

Gamasutra.
Also: my Vita should be arriving sometime this week! I had negative zero interest in ever getting one when I signed up for PS+ (start of the IGC) but this service alone made it worth it (and Tearaway). Can't wait to check out that OLED goodness! I've never even touched a Vita before.
Welcome to the club. It's a great little machine, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Hubb

Hey is the Vita going to get a refresh of it's 52 week titles?

Shouldn't it happen in November

It happened between the 15-19th of last year so I'd expect it to happen in the same time frame this year. They may announce it with the release of PS4 or, they might push it back because of the PS4 release.

Thanks for the answers guys, was really interested in knowing what made the difference.

Btw, the Ubisoft sale is up as well as ibb & obb.

jcm

Platinum is an expensive and finite resource, subject to high demand and low supply. Not every developer can cut into their precious margins by including a platinum trophy with each copy of a game.

Sheesh. What are they teaching you kids nowadays?

Don't mention that to Telltale. I've never been more surprised by a trophy than that one.

This is the PS+ thread, right? Do people not set their PS3's to install games overnight, when it doesn't have to be watched for an hour?

Not for this one since I wanted to see if other people's install issues for DD would manifest when it's my turn - turns out that I'm lucky and it did not at all.

MegaGhost

Anyone else notice that PSN+ isn't active on their account? I'm set up for auto-renew and just paid last month but I went to download some of the free games and it's not letting me. The + sign is missing too.

sol_bad

Is there a general consensus about whether the US or EU PSN+ is better?
Does anyone sign up to both? Is it worth signing up to both?

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I have 10 dollar credit to blow through. Which Ubisoft games should I get? I was thinking of Scott Pilgrim and From Dust and maybe something else.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
i wonder y resogun and contrast arent up
They're adding the PS4 games later this week.

EBYc6zR.png

EU tends to get the better free games while US tends to get the better discounts.

Some people sign up for both, I personally don't see the point in signing up for both when there's so much cross over with the free games.

Flandy

Eu: More AAA Retail games (they tend to be more recent than US too). Typically bad sales
US: Less AAA titles than EU but more PSN titles. Sales tend to be a LOT better than Eu though

Get the demo. It's the prologue in the game and you can transfer your save from the demo to the game.
Nice tip, thanks.

Got to level 13 in Dragon's Dogma, great game. I had heard about the pawns when it came out but it sounded dumb, in practice I love the help they provide. The install took forever for me too, I almost thought it was stuck.

sol_bad

Thank you for the replies.
I guess I'll still with Eu for the freebies.

I guess I could always sign up for 1 month US if there are good sales.

Tizoc

I have 10 dollar credit to blow through. Which Ubisoft games should I get? I was thinking of Scott Pilgrim and From Dust and maybe something else.

From Dust has buggy trophies unless that doesn't bother you.

Might and Magic CoH is a fun RPG+Puzzle hybrid, only issue I have with it is its loading times, but if you overlook them, it's a colorful and fun game.

Mad Riders has a cool sense of speed, if you like racers.

Beyond good and evil HD is a good action adventure game if you like that genre.

NHale

Later today.

Serum_Lake @Serum_Lake
I hope you guys are ready for the announcement of December's EU PlayStation Plus content. It should be going live on the Blog today :D

So PS+ EU announcement today. Adam Boyes teasing something in less than 2 hours (exactly the timeframe where PS+ EU usually announces something).

I'm intrigued.

bjaelke

Could also be something else.

Fred Dutton @FredDutton
Bumper day planned on PSB. PS Plus news, super-lovely new Tearaway video, face-melting new Resogun footage - and that's just for starters.

NHale

Entering PS Plus:
29th November: RESOGUN
29th November: Contrast
27th November: Grid 2
27th November: Guacamelee! (Cross Buy)
27th November: Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (Vita)
27th November: Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories (Vita)

Vidal

Entering PS Plus:
29th November: RESOGUN
29th November: Contrast
27th November: Grid 2
27th November: Guacamelee! (Cross Buy)
27th November: Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (Vita)
27th November: Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories (Vita)

image.php

COME ON SCEA, where is my Revengeance????

Glad I held off buying Guacamelee when it was on sale, other than that it's a poor month Vita and PS3 wise in my opinion. I thought they might have rotated Gravity Rush and UC this month too, maybe they will do so next month.

bjaelke

Glad I held off buying Guacamelee when it was on sale, other than that it's a poor month Vita and PS3 wise in my opinion. I thought they might have rotated Gravity Rush and UC this month too, maybe they will do so next month.

I don't regret buying it last month. Fantastic game.

Hex

Banned
PS4 question, I am pretty sure that I saw this...

If I re-up PS plus on my main account of course it is all good..but I have another user id I made with it's own PSN ID which I had made for PS4 use.
Will that one have the online blanket effect from PS + due to the first account on my PS4 or no?

Rafy

IMO they will not remove gravity rush and uncharted until they sell all of the PS+ vita bundles that have them printed on the box.

mclem

Y'know, I'm going to make a statement. I have a PS4 winging its way to me. I'm planning to play AC4 on it, because I've been doggedly keeping up with that series, but beyond that, I don't really have any 'must-have' games in mind. As such... I'm curious how long I can go with relying almost solely on PS+ to populate my PS4.

Do note that it's not a particularly scientific test - not least because I have a large enough library of unplayed games that I don't *need* to purchase things to have fresh un-played content available to me, so it's somewhat different from someone whose sole option is the PS4 - but I wonder if this could be the start of a bit more responsibility on my part with purchases?

I wonder if, at least, I can hold off on purchasing another disc game after AC4 until Plus starts offering disc games itself.

Roland1979

PS+ Is great but on the other hand they made me play Demon Souls. I thought this game was hard. It's not.
It's stupid hard, near impossible and greatly frustrating with not enough "checkpoints". Still like it though, but i need breaks after playing it a few hours. Big breaks.

PS+ Is great but on the other hand they made me play Demon Souls. I thought this game was hard. It's not.
It's stupid hard, near impossible and greatly frustrating with not enough "checkpoints". Still like it though, but i need breaks after playing it a few hours. Big breaks.

I feel your pain. Bought it a food while back, infact the Special Edition, but soon sold it on because I found it too tough.

A few years later I got Dark Souls and got quite a way into it before giving up and selling that too, but really want to complete Demon's Souls, well eventually!

Restarted it and have accepted that I will die many times, but must get through this game!

Roland1979

I feel your pain. Bought it a food while back, infact the Special Edition, but soon sold it on because I found it too tough.

A few years later I got Dark Souls and got quite a way into it before giving up and selling that too, but really want to complete Demon's Souls, well eventually!

Restarted it and have accepted that I will die many times, but must get through this game!

The harder the fight, the greater the reward. If we ever finish this games we will probably actually feel like genuine heroes.

Does anyone know what would cause it to take a long time to have a game install? I downloaded Dragon's Dogma and it's been installing for hours it feels like. It was going relatively fast until it hit 90% and now it's slow as hell.

Top Bottom