• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yep, that's right. You will have access to them from the download history list as long as you're subscribed.

Thanks. Except now this is happening:

ibfzl60d5T41QT.png

Say what? Why is the site trying to charge me for some of these supposedly free games?

Joni

Well, I definitely have it. And why would some of the games (like Grid 2) be free otherwise?

EDIT: It works on my PS3. It's just so damn slow to do anything on the store there, sigh...

Logout, login back again. Add the games to your basket. Remove any games that aren't free. Complete the 'purchase'. Try again for the games that bugged earlier. Rinse. Repeat. Sometimes they don't appear as free when they're in the basket.

Tizoc

Well, I definitely have it. And why would some of the games (like Grid 2) be free otherwise?

EDIT: It works on my PS3. It's just so damn slow to do anything on the store there, sigh...

FYI that the store sometimes fucks up and neglects to realize that you're plus. When that happens, don't freak out.
Remove the item from your cart/basket, then try again until it gives it to you for free.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Logout, login back again. Add the games to your basket. Remove any games that aren't free. Complete the 'purchase'. Try again for the games that bugged earlier. Rinse. Repeat. Sometimes they don't appear as free when they're in the basket.

FYI that the store sometimes fucks up and neglects to realize that you're plus. When that happens, don't freak out.
Remove the item from your cart/basket, then try again until it gives it to you for free.

Already tried logging out and in again, adding just Dragon's Dogma to the basket, but nope. Still wants me to pay for it. Anyway, I'm doing it on my PS3 now, works fine there.

LakeEarth

Trying to add PS4 plus games onto my account, they are free when I add them to my cart but cost money when I try to check out. Signed out, signed back in, removed the games, added them again, and now they're free.

Great, so when I do get my PS4, I'll have these games ready even if they're expired by then. Sweet.

On a console or on the Sony website?

On console. On their website, you go to Account Settings, then click on the MEDIA tab and look at the expiration column. Of course, that only works if you've "purchased" something free from PS+, and it only gives you the month/year, not the exact date like the console does.

I tried to redeem my PS+ code this morning and I am still getting the error message. In know they shut down new accounts during Black Friday. Any idea when Sony will allow new activations?

So are there any games leaving IGC for psplus when these ones come in, and if so, which ones? I'm trying to wait until closer to xmas to sign up, but want to know what I could be missing out on... And these games aren't all coming at once right? Just one a week?

Pandemic

The redemption system for PS+ in Australia is now working. Just redeemed my 90 day subscription. Once it expires, and I renew it 3 days after it expiration, I can reinstall the free games from 2 months ago right?

Garland7G

So about that 40GB uncharted 3 download, do I need to download the Spanish and French mp language packs? they're like 780mb each...I do plan to try mp.

lucius

So about that 40GB uncharted 3 download, do I need to download the Spanish and French mp language packs? they're like 780mb each...I do plan to try mp.

You don't need those and you can skip the 3D movie file of you don't have a 3DTV or don't plan to play it that way, the game will run without those files.

kiyomi

I mean that we should get the January update on Christmas Day.

Which seems like a good chance to redeem themselves after giving us Liberty City Stories, haha.

Dunno, I've been pretty satisfied with All Stars Racing and Guacamelee so far.

Hoping for DmC or Tomb Raider. :p

Queeg

Is there anyway to look up when my PS+ expires, but on the PS4? I've had no luck finding it.
No idea exactly on PS4, but on the PS3 you could just triangle button on a PSN+ game and check infomation for when the game expires to find the date, hopefully it's similar. Always found that the fastest way. That is if the game was downloaded since you added to your + subscription.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Is there anyway to look up when my PS+ expires, but on the PS4? I've had no luck finding it.
Settings > PSN > Account Information > Services List > PlayStation Pus > pick either option

You can also see if auto renew is on if you pick the top option. You should turn auto renew off.

It's simpler to just check on the SEN site.

EDIT: You can also hit the Options button on the DS4 on a PS+ game then select Information.

educator

Settings > PSN > Account Information > Services List > PlayStation Pus > pick either option

You can also see if auto renew is on if you pick the top option. You should turn auto renew off.

It's simpler to just check on the SEN site.

EDIT: You can also hit the Options button on the DS4 on a PS+ game then select Information.

Hmm, weird. I did that but didn't see an option for PlayStation Plus. I'll have to check again. Thanks!

And also, currently I have 3 months PS+. If I add another year, will it become 1 year and 3 months or do they "take out" each other?

educator

No idea exactly on PS4, but on the PS3 you could just triangle button on a PSN+ game and check infomation for when the game expires to find the date, hopefully it's similar. Always found that the fastest way. That is if the game was downloaded since you added to your + subscription.

Aye, it was really easy on the PS3. Just haven't figured out how to do it on the PS4 or online on the website.

Wondering if anyone here will be able to help, i just realised that my PS+ sub runs out on the 12th and i wanted to know if there is any way to get 1 month or even 14 day trials that will work once my sub has run out since i know some wont work and some will. I just need to tie mysefl over until i get paid so a 14 day should cover me.

UK Account by the way.

wilflare

Thanks. Except now this is happening:

ibfzl60d5T41QT.png

Say what? Why is the site trying to charge me for some of these supposedly free games?

hmmm I suppose Kr refers to Korean Won?
is it still under US PS+?

EDIT: While Sonic Racing Transformed is announced for US PSN Dec PS+, it doesn't actually become free until one of the weekly updates

jvm

Gamasutra.
Hmm, weird. I did that but didn't see an option for PlayStation Plus. I'll have to check again. Thanks!

And also, currently I have 3 months PS+. If I add another year, will it become 1 year and 3 months or do they "take out" each other?
Subscriptions stack. So you get x + y, not the larger of x and y.

Top Bottom