• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

My wife and I share the same PS3 and we both have PS+.

I've already downloaded this months IGC to the console via her account. However I also want to associate the licenses with my own account too. I've already added them to my download list on the Store but not played them in the download queue. I know I can access the games already on this console when logged in under my PSN ID.

However, what if I wanted to log into another PS3 and access them? Will this be possible? Do I need to re-download the entire game or can I just download the "Unlock code". Or I don't need to do anything since it's already tied to my PSN ID via the store?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
My wife and I share the same PS3 and we both have PS+.

I've already downloaded this months IGC to the console via her account. However I also want to associate the licenses with my own account too. I've already added them to my download list on the Store but not played them in the download queue. I know I can access the games already on this console when logged in under my PSN ID.

However, what if I wanted to log into another PS3 and access them? Will this be possible? Do I need to re-download the entire game or can I just download the "Unlock code". Or I don't need to do anything since it's already tied to my PSN ID via the store?
That depends on whether the games are already on the other system.

If the console already has the games then as long as the account that downloaded them is still on the system and has an active PS+ account the games should work on any other account and you shouldn't have to do anything.

If the console has the games downloaded, but the account that downloaded them has been deleted or has an inactive sub you have to download your license by initiating the full download via your account and then canceling the download after you see the "Activating..." screen disappear.

If the console doesn't have the games at all you'll have to download the full game via your account.

Be aware you can only have 2 activated consoles at one time so make sure you deactivate any system you don't plan on keeping..

okayfrog

Banned
Is there a site that has a constantly updated list of games available with Playstation Plus? Apologies if I missed it in the OP.
EDIT: NVM, I found it.

Can PS+ codes be redeemed for NA yet? I tried and still get an error message. Wonder if it's my code now.

I found a workaround online. Go into PSN settings, then account management, then redeem codes.

I did this and it worked no problem. I think the PS store is still broken when it comes to entering codes.

ironcreed

Banned
So glad that we are getting GRID 2. I nearly bought it a few weeks ago, but held off because of GT6. It may not see much playing time for awhile, but I sure as hell will take it.

The redemption system for PS+ in Australia is now working. Just redeemed my 90 day subscription. Once it expires, and I renew it 3 days after it expiration, I can reinstall the free games from 2 months ago right?

Yes, if you've already added those games to your download list. Just make sure to download them (you don't have to complete the download, starting the download and then cancelling it will suffice) before your sub expires. Then if you re-sub later, any games you previously downloaded as a PS+ member can be downloaded/installed again.

kiyomi

So glad that we are getting GRID 2. I nearly bought it a few weeks ago, but held off because of GT6. It may not see much playing time for awhile, but I sure as hell will take it.

GRID 2 is.. ehh. Quite frankly, I'm glad you held off buying it too. The actual racing is fine, but the cars all handle fairly similarly, and it's a weird mix between the arcadeyness of a NFS game and something closer to GT or Forza Horizon, I guess. More arcade than sim.

However, the way the career mode is structured is pretty terrible, honestly. You're forced to do a bunch of random events that you don't really care about in order to gain 'fans' in order to set up a new racing series, fronted by an unknown rich guy. It almost tries to tell a story of your career, but it just feels hokey and forced.

Unless you absolutely need a driving fix, it's not really worth a whole bunch on your HDD. At least it looks quite pretty.

ironcreed

Banned
GRID 2 is.. ehh. Quite frankly, I'm glad you held off buying it too. The actual racing is fine, but the cars all handle fairly similarly, and it's a weird mix between the arcadeyness of a NFS game and something closer to GT or Forza Horizon, I guess. More arcade than sim.

However, the way the career mode is structured is pretty terrible, honestly. You're forced to do a bunch of random events that you don't really care about in order to gain 'fans' in order to set up a new racing series, fronted by an unknown rich guy. It almost tries to tell a story of your career, but it just feels hokey and forced.

Unless you absolutely need a driving fix, it's not really worth a whole bunch on your HDD. At least it looks quite pretty.

Well, I loved the demo. It instantly felt better to me than the first one, so I see no reason not to try it.

kiyomi

Well, I loved the demo. It instantly felt better to me than the first one, so I see no reason not to try it.

It's free, so of course you should! :D

But I'm confident when GT6 comes along, you won't be looking at GRID 2 and saying "man, I wanna play more of DAT".

Breemin

I wonder what gafers choose as the best HD's are to replace the stock PS4's HD.

Price vs Space vs Speed. What is the best value for PS4?

My 500GB is filling up fast, especially how now most games require a 40GB + installation size..
I have had a 350GB in my PS3 for years with no issues.

I've had PS+ for quite a while now and I feel like I've still barely played any of the games, haha.

I got it with my Vita earlier in the year (around summer I think), and I did play through all of Uncharted Vita. Gravity Rush has a cool look and gameplay mechanic, but I didn't really enjoy playing the game much. Wipeout looks insane on the Vita, but it's never been my favorite racing series. I am excited to play Stranger's Wrath on my Vita since that's a favorite game of mine that I've never gotten around to finishing, and Hotline Miami is prety fun to play now and then.

On the PS3 I tried Uncharted 3 for a bit, but didn't like it much. Not a big fan of the series in general and this one started much more boring that Uncharted 2. I played a bit of Kingdoms of Amalur, but I'm not a big fan of that one either. The combat feels a little too slow (even with the fastest weapons), the camera is way too close, and everything feels REALLY spread out.

I'm dying to try Dragon's Dogma, but I'm already trying to get through Dark Souls, Tearaway, and a few other games. I just need to focus on one and knock them out before I start any more!

Joni

I wonder what gafers choose as the best HD's are to replace the stock PS4's HD.

Price vs Space vs Speed. What is the best value for PS4?

My 500GB is filling up fast, especially how now most games require a 40GB + installation size..
I have had a 350GB in my PS3 for years with no issues.

I suggest waiting a bit longer. The biggest you can get is 2 TB (supposing the PS4 also needs 2.5 inch drives) which isn't a lot more, and it is still expensive.

So I have a small story to tell that just happened.

My mom called me downstairs and she was holding something for me. She handed me it and it was a PS3 Nyko Controller Charger. She told me she found it in the closet and she forgot to wrap it up for me for Christmas last year. I wasn't sure to be happy or confused, lol.

Anyways, it can charge 2 controllers at once. So now I don't have to charge 1 controller at a time having to use the wire connection to my PS3 anymore. This is really going to help me out, I can finally play and charge willingly and not have to worry about keeping my PS3 on to charge controllers anymore.

Time to put some serious game time in now.

I don't know why anyone who owns a computer would ever use their PS3 to charge their controllers.

It's a real hassle when everytime I unplug a controller from my PC to have to turn off my PS3. It's really annoying (especially when I lose connection to my PC sometimes randomly because of my bad cord and my PS3 comes on).

So I always charge via PS3 just for convenience. This charger just helps that by a ton and now I don't need a new PS3 controller cord since it can sit in my PC now.

Could anyone explain me how to fully uninstall Uncharted 3? I'm running out of space and just eliminated the game, but I only got 5GB back :/

Flandy

Could anyone explain me how to fully uninstall Uncharted 3? I'm running out of space and just eliminated the game, but I only got 5GB back :/

Don't have it installed since I have the disc version. Don't you just delete it like other games? If it's different than other games I would assume the data would be in the "Game Data Utility"

Number45

I use a 5m USB cable to charge when I'm playing on the PS3. Going to pick up the charging station for PS4, but I have a 5m cable for that too. :)

Check in game data?

FrankWza

So when does Grid 2 hit?

I logged in to the store last night expecting Borderlands 2 or Grid and saw Binary Domain instead.

That too.

I fully downloaded and it had the yellow time logo next to it I'm gonna wait the hour...should prompt to purchase which will then be free I'm thinking

Pandemic

Downloading Uncharted 3 single player for free, do I need to download the 3D and 2D movies and multiplayer too in order to play it..?

Top Bottom