• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Downloading Uncharted 3 single player for free, do I need to download the 3D and 2D movies and multiplayer too in order to play it..?
You'll need to download the 2D movies and the MP to play SP. I think you should be safe skipping the 3D movies and any additional language packs.

Tiny Brains is out today on PS4, $15.99 for Plus members. Downloading the demo now. If I end up buying it, I might want some Gaffers to play through with.
Anyone here have it yet?

Not really Plus-related but I can't find the official PSN thread (if there is one). Does anyone know when these EA "Holiday Edition" deals go away? Is it just a week-long sale? Thinking of using some of my credit to pick up Rivals.

edit: nvm, it's the PS3 version.

Ugh. Just got charged $59.99 for Grid 2 because of whatever website goblin makes that happen sometimes. Just happened to forget this time. Ate up my $10 PS4 credit too. They need to fix that glitch already, it's been a problem for a long time.

Doombear

Ugh. Just got charged $59.99 for Grid 2 because of whatever website goblin makes that happen sometimes. Just happened to forget this time. Ate up my $10 PS4 credit too. They need to fix that glitch already, it's been a problem for a long time.

I am seeing this happen to a few people in a few places I frequent lately. Truth told I have seen a free + game hit my cart at full price before too. What I don't understand... do I have mine set differently? I mean to say, why are people not noticing that there is a dollar amount there before they confirm the order? Is there a one-click buy option that skips all that?

Should be noted I almost always grab the games from the SEN store anymore, so perhaps it is instant on console? I really don't remember...

Bert

So how come I'm not seeing PS4 games on my web store or PS3 Plus? Can you not do what I've been doing with Vita and "purchase" them before you have the console?

If not, that's a real shame, PS+ is pretty much the only reason I'm picking up a Vita and would definitely sway my next gen purchase (if MS weren't doing that by themselves :D)

So how come I'm not seeing PS4 games on my web store or PS3 Plus? Can you not do what I've been doing with Vita and "purchase" them before you have the console?

If not, that's a real shame, PS+ is pretty much the only reason I'm picking up a Vita and would definitely sway my next gen purchase (if MS weren't doing that by themselves :D)

They show up on the web store for me. If you look at the side bar, while looking at games, do you see a PS4 check box?

I'm actually pretty excited to try out Borderlands 2. I really didn't like the first game and have not been impressed with any other Gearbox release since, but for free, I'm more than willing to give BL2 a shot.

Dami3N

holy freck!
just seen the ps+ price for rocksmith 2014 on the us blog!
then i found out you could use paypall on the store!

then a eu dude like me can use it! now, the only hurdle is to find a 14/30 day ps+ trial for the american store as i have never been a member with my old uspsn account.

anyone know if there are any promotions for that at the moment?

holy freck!
just seen the ps+ price for rocksmith 2014 on the us blog!
then i found out you could use paypall on the store!

then a eu dude like me can use it! now, the only hurdle is to find a 14/30 day ps+ trial for the american store as i have never been a member with my old uspsn account.

anyone know if there are any promotions for that at the moment?
Nope still need a us based credit cart for PayPal you can use a prepaid psn card witch you can get one from amazon just use any us address as billing.

Dami3N

Nope still need a us based credit cart for PayPal you can use a prepaid psn card witch you can get one from amazon just use any us address as billing.

this does not seem to be the case, as alot of my mates are doing it at the moment. linking there creditcard details to an american paypall acount. (thats where i got the idea from).

Curufinwe

I see them on the SEN store. I already "bought" Resogun.

Roto13

Started playing Dragon's Dogma the other day. I've played it for about 6 or 7 hours and I'm probably going to delete it next time I turn my PS3 on.

Combat's ok, but that's about all it has going for it. I have little tolerance for generic fantasy settings. Basically everything in this game could be swapped in or out of any number of boring Lord of the Rings type fantasy games.

There are too many things that feel like they're just in the way of the "good stuff," though I'm not sure there actually is any "good stuff." Like the weight based inventory system (and having tons of different items that do more or less the same thing, just to give me more shit to manage.) The fast travel is useless. I tried doing a sidequest and ended up basically wandering around the world map for an hour, before just running out of HP and having to make my way back to Gran Soren, the blandest city in any game ever. Never did find that fucking grimoire.

Also the pawns need to learn to shut up if they're not going to have personalities.

this does not seem to be the case, as alot of my mates are doing it at the moment. linking there creditcard details to an american paypall acount. (thats where i got the idea from).

Oh didn't think about that will give it a try next time I'll buy something.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I think you'll still need a US based card to activate the US PS+ trial.

Smokey

I created a new account for ps4 but going to use it to grab grid on ps3. Can you not go back and get older titles that were on ps+?

My trial is about to expire and I don't know when the subscript card I ordered through Groupon will get here. :\ Oh well. Thanks again to Uraizen for the free trial.

Andvary

but it's already removed from the ps store now.

Where does it says that expiration date? pressing triangle and then information? That means your subscription ends next month. If you recently upped your subscription that expiration date will change automatically once the old expiration date has passed (That's when it checks for a renewed licence)

Where does it says that expiration date? pressing triangle and then information? That means your subscription ends next month. If you recently upped your subscription that expiration date will change automatically once the old expiration date has passed (That's when it checks for a renewed licence)

Yeah, the information tab. I was curious because on another game, it says expired now but I can still play the game.

daman824

Damn, I just got ps+ for my ps4 and all these free Vita games are awesome. I sold Uncharted and gravity rush a while back but it's not because I didn't like them. And Soul Sacrifice + hotline miami (i already bought strangers wrath)? Nice.

And bl2 free coming up? Sold that game too for reasons unrelated to quality. This is sick.

theaface

File it firmly under rumour, but I've heard from I what I consider to be a reasonable source that Don't Starve and Binding of Isaac will be coming to EU PS+ very soon.

tolkir

Question:

How can I buy a game to keep it forever if I already have purchased it free with Instant Game Collection and I am suscriber?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Downloaded Grid 2.

No cockpit view. So glad I didn't actually buy this. Almost did once, would've been so pissed!

Joni

File it firmly under rumour, but I've heard from I what I consider to be a reasonable source that Don't Starve and Binding of Isaac will be coming to EU PS+ very soon.

Sony confirmed for the US so it is very likely they'll come to EU too.

Petrie

Banned
I frankly don't see the need! You can always buy the game when the plus subscription expires. Playing it while subscribed to plus is same as buying it. The games are full with trophies and such.

I think the problem could be missing a discount that won't be there later.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure this has been asked in here but since it's not in the OP,

Do PS+ subscriptions purchased and activated at retail have an expiration date? Doesn't say anything on the back of the card.

Flandy

Yep, 30fps... I was a bit disappointed too, but not too surprised coming from Codemasters on consoles.

2013, the year of 30FPS, no cockpit view racers.

LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

Top Bottom