• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Roto13

The last bit is true enough, but the first part... whaaaat? Slow and clunky are the last words I'd use to describe the combat in Dragon's Dogma. If anything it's almost too fast-paced and flashy, as opposed to my preferred style of methodical combat in Demon's Souls.

The combat, maybe. I played as a mage and up until the point I stopped playing, I was pretty much just pointing at things and setting them on fire. I imagine the magic system opens up after a while. Everything else is annoying. Menu navigation. Quick travel, apparently, since I never got far enough to actually unlock it, but it sounds terrible. Even just walking around takes forever. I tried to do a sidequest and I ended up just slowly plodding across the map for an hour until I ran out of HP and had to walk back to the ugly hub city.

Playing that game made me feel like they expected me to just put up with shit like crappy inventory systems and annoying pawn chatter to get to the good stuff, but I never actually saw any good stuff so I quit.

Chimeras, Serpents Griffins and Dragons are generic?

... Yes? Is this a trick question? The whole setting was just boring, by-the-numbers Tolkien and D&D stuff. Dragons and gremlins and rogues and crap. The same stuff that appears in every generic fantasy game or movie or book or whatever. And the writing was terrible. Someone who worked on that script had a total boner for the word "aught."

Roto13

I got an email last night about a $5 PSN credit for signing up for a free trial of Music Unlimited. Anyone else get that?

I didn't know where else to ask this question, so I guess I should ask it here. For almost a week now I've been having trouble uploading my saves to the cloud. I will sign on to my PS4, and then I get a notification that my save, "Cannot upload". So, I go into Notifications, and I click on the save that is having the issue and it displays something like, "This save was uploaded from another PS4." I then have the option to overwrite the save, which I choose to do and then it uploads. I had changed my password when the PS4 asked me to do so recently, so I don't think anyone else is using my account. I also checked on the SEN website, and I only have one PS4 activated under my account. Is this issue happening for anyone else, or it is just me?

^ Can't help you there.

I downloaded Borderlands 2 last night and went to play it right now and am currently sitting through a twenty minute update. Just a heads up.

Roto13

They usually release the PS3 games first and then the Vita games, right? That'd mean Dyad next week and I guess either Trials or Sonic the following week.

zulux21

I thought January sounded really early. So excited for this on my Vita, whenever it does come.

at this point, rebirth is my most anticipated 2014 game on any system lol. I can't wait to play it on the vita either :p

Do we know when the plus games are coming this month? Particularly interested in the Vita games.

assuming by this month you mean the games in decemember

NA: Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS Vita)
Urban Trial Freestyle (PS Vita)

EU: Guacamelee! (PS3 & PS Vita)
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS Vita)
GTA: Liberty City Stories (PSP, PS Vita)

if you mean for jan.

Na: unknown will likely be announced the last week in decemember

Eu: Soul Sacrifice (PS Vita)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND (PS Vita)

Khronico

I really tried to give Borderlands 2 a chance, but that game is just so dull I ended up uninstalling it today. The combat is so unsatisfying I just avoided most battle because it was so boring. The loot was great, the gameplay was not.

Flandy

Just beat Bioshock Infinite.
WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT

zulux21

I really tried to give Borderlands 2 a chance, but that game is just so dull I ended up uninstalling it today. The combat is so unsatisfying I just avoided most battle because it was so boring. The loot was great, the gameplay was not.

the early combat isn't great, once you unlock skills it gets better, but if you avoid combat you won't get anywhere at all as the game as levels play a huge role (a level difference of a few levels can drastically reduce your damage output)

It's also the type of game that is just ok on your own, but a lot of fun with friends.

At the same time not every game is for everyone, just wanted to throw it out there that I am not a huge fan of the first 6-7 levels on a character in general myself.

phierce

So my PS+ subscription says it ends at 12-31-2016, but that doesn't seem right. It should be a little into 2017. Is this normal?
How are we supposed to answer this? We have no idea when you started/renewed your sub.

It should be 1 month/3 months/year/several years from the date it was started or renewed.

Vally

Ok I just bought a Vita because of PS Plus... downloaded Gravity Rush and I'm loving it so far.

Do you also need double the size of the game when installing them in your card, like on PS3? I guess I'll end up buying a 16 gb card anyway, but for now I'll have to manage with 8 gb.

bebop242

Ok I just bought a Vita because of PS Plus... downloaded Gravity Rush and I'm loving it so far.

Do you also need double the size of the game when installing them in your card, like on PS3? I guess I'll end up buying a 16 gb card anyway, but for now I'll have to manage with 8 gb.
With vita and ps plus, you gotta go big. Planning on getting a 32 or a 64, im tired of constantly rotating games in and out with my 8giger

So I take PS Plus is worth it right? I'm on EU, so the only games I can see that interest me are Remember Me, Guacamelee and Uncharted 3. How often do they change them? When they change them you get to keep the ones you had already downloaded?

So I take PS Plus is worth it right? I'm on EU, so the only games I can see that interest me are Remember Me, Guacamelee and Uncharted 3. How often do they change them? When they change them you get to keep the ones you had already downloaded?
PS+ is great value if you have the time to play the freebies. You get four new free games every month split across PS3, PS4 and Vita. You also have occasional bonus games that are changed once every 6 or 12 months.

As long as you're a subscriber you can keep the games. If you use Sony's web store then you don't even have to download the games. Adding them to your basket and checking out is enough.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Will buy a PS Vita this month... Obviously, having PS+ on PS4 will grant me Plus access to all platforms right?

PS+ is great value if you have the time to play the freebies. You get four new free games every month split across PS3, PS4 and Vita. You also have occasional bonus games that are changed once every 6 or 12 months.

As long as you're a subscriber you can keep the games. If you use Sony's web store then you don't even have to download the games. Adding them to your basket and checking out is enough.

Well that sounds great! I've "bought" some games, including a couple PS4 games, I'm counting on getting a PS4 soon :D

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
man i got plus in October and i really regret not subscribing earlier, so many games i missed :( Anyway i got 2 years code in the amazon sale but i'm saving them because i hear sony is gonna do promo next year where if you renew psplus you get a few extra month, is this true?

Also i bet there's zero chance that some games return to the igc? has that ever happened?

Aru

man i got plus in October and i really regret not subscribing earlier, so many games i missed :( Anyway i got 2 years code in the amazon sale but i'm saving them because i hear sony is gonna do promo next year where if you renew psplus you get a few extra month, is this true?

Also i bet there's zero chance that some games return to the igc? has that ever happened?

Usually you have to buy the subscription on PSN to get the extra months.
Last time games returned to PS+ was before the IGC launched. Hasn't happened since that.

zulux21

Usually you have to buy the subscription on PSN to get the extra months.
Last time games returned to PS+ was before the IGC launched. Hasn't happened since that.
all the times they have fun the buy a year get 3 bonus months promo for NA, year long cards have applied as well.

you don't need double the space like on the ps3.. the vita just needs what ever size the game is.

How are we supposed to answer this? We have no idea when you started/renewed your sub.

It should be 1 month/3 months/year/several years from the date it was started or renewed.

I guess what I'm asking is if the expiration date doesn' t show past 12-31-2016 even if it really is expiring after that.

Celegus

Should I wait and see if Disgaea D2 gets in the holiday sale or NISA are not really into that sort of deals?

NISA does have a fair amount of PSN sales throughout the year, so I'd probably wait and see. I kind of forgot that game even existed, though I reeeaally don't have time for a Disgaea right now.

VegiHam

So, consensus is 'get PlayStation plus', obviously, but does that hold true if the only PlayStation you own is a Vita? Still worth it? Sorry for the probably dumb question...

Tyrax

So, consensus is 'get PlayStation plus', obviously, but does that hold true if the only PlayStation you own is a Vita? Still worth it? Sorry for the probably dumb question...

the bigger question gaf wants to know, why do you not have a ps3/ps4?
have you seen uncharted?

ZenaxPure

My friends got the 360 and I'm kinda poor so I followed them.

Do you ever plan on getting a ps3 or ps4 down the line? I mean like ever, even years from now. If the answer is yes then you may as well since you can still "buy" the ps3/4 games for later.

Otherwise it's a lot harder to answer, depends on how you feel about a random retail and downloadable game every month. If you're tight on money I'd do it, I am beyond kinda poor (unemployed with no income at all) but I've put hundreds of hours into games on my vita and the only game I've ever actually bought myself is AC, but that technically came with my bundle anyway. Everything else is from plus.

you don't need double the size but you might need a bit extra for some games. I've seen happen where I tried to get a game that would snuggly fit in the memory card limit but it pops up that I needed a bit more space and the total was more than the amount I slotted.

I guess what I'm asking is if the expiration date doesn' t show past 12-31-2016 even if it really is expiring after that.

it can pass it since their is a pic somewhere of a poster (GraveRobber X iirc) having a sub until 2018.

VegiHam

Do you ever plan on getting a ps3 or ps4 down the line? I mean like ever, even years from now. If the answer is yes then you may as well since you can still "buy" the ps3/4 games for later.

Otherwise it's a lot harder to answer, depends on how you feel about a random retail and downloadable game every month. If you're tight on money I'd do it, I am beyond kinda poor (unemployed with no income at all) but I've put hundreds of hours into games on my vita and the only game I've ever actually bought myself is AC, but that technically came with my bundle anyway. Everything else is from plus.

I don't exactly plan on it. PS4 is my next gen system of choice for a 'pick up three or four years down the line and get the best games cheap then' kinda thing; but I've no concrete intentions there. I'm still deciding if I should pull the trigger on the Vita, but if I do 'hundreds of hours' of games sounds like a pretty good deal...

How fast does a 500gb drive run out for those with Plus memberships on PS3? Trying to decide if it's enough or I should spring for the larger 1tb model. Currently running stock 120gb on my slim and I hate playing hard drive tetris.

I got an email a few weeks ago saying Sony were changing the PSN renewal dates to be aligned with the end of the calendar months, so that might be why you're seeing that.

Roto13

at this point, rebirth is my most anticipated 2014 game on any system lol. I can't wait to play it on the vita either :p

assuming by this month you mean the games in decemember

NA: Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS Vita)
Urban Trial Freestyle (PS Vita)

Dyad's in there somewhere.

jcm

Anyone else getting frequent disconnects of Music Unlimited on PS4? It cuts out about every 15 or 20 minutes for me, with a maintenance message. Make the thing basically useless. I don't seem to have the same problem using the ipad version.

there was even a thread about it. so yes, seems to not work well atm.
edit:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=734723

Thanks. That really sucks. There's no way I'll subscribe to this service at full price. For $10 a month I'd probably go with Spotify and use airplay to push to my AVR, or else I'll just go back to buying my music from Amazon.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Started a Siren on Borderlands 2. Someone, I forgot who/where, said the game looks like shit on PS3 compared to the PC... I don't see it. Looks pretty much the same to me and I played it at max settings for over 100 hours on PC (spread across various characters).

That said, the framerate... ahhh I'm gonna turn into one of those PC elitists I used to laugh at ;_; but okay, 30 FPS is fine for many types of games, but for first-person shooters, ugh, feels like molasses compared to the PC version. I swear it dips below 30 frequently too. I mean shit I went back to Dark Souls on PS3 after playing the PC version, and the 30 FPS didn't even bother me (except the usual Blighttown shenanigans of course), but this was really noticeable in BL2.

AndyD

aka andydumi
How fast does a 500gb drive run out for those with Plus memberships on PS3? Trying to decide if it's enough or I should spring for the larger 1tb model. Currently running stock 120gb on my slim and I hate playing hard drive tetris.

I have a 500 in there and it's fine. I have about 20 full games and about 100 small PSN games installed with plenty of room to spare. I imagine I will have to delete some older stuff if I stop playing it though, which is fine with me.

The biggest offender is game data for older disc games. Patches and whatnot can add up to lots of space, so clearing that out when you are done with a game can free up a ton of space.

jcm

Is there a good way to list the Vita games that I own, including stuff I've never downloaded from Plus? Trying to figure out what to bring on vacation, but I don't even know what's available in my library.

Top Bottom