• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Pegasos123

My girlfriend tried to play nfs rivals online on her account today but it was keeping saying that she needs ps plus... But I have ps plus on my master account. It was working fine a few days ago

Anyone else who has the same problem?

Flandy

My girlfriend tried to play nfs rivals online on her account today but it was keeping saying that she needs ps plus... But I have ps plus on my master account. It was working fine a few days ago

Anyone else who has the same problem?

Maybe you're PS+ was originally going to expire a few days ago before you renewed?

mf.luder

I was playing ghosts on ps4 today, got kicked out of a lobby and then got the error message "need to subscribe to ps+" when I tried to reconnect.

Shut down, came back to it a little later and all is fine. Just a heavy load for PSN.

Edit: I see you mention master/sub account. Not sure what to say there just that I went through the same thing as a master account on ps4.

From the OP: PS+ content is available for a limited time, varying from 1 to 3 months, some stay in the Store for a whole year. You can put these in your Download List and they're yours as long as your subscription is active.

Does this mean if I want to download something at a later date it has to stay in my download list as paused the entire time, or does it just mean I have to add it to my download list once and can cancel it for the time being?

I am somewhat OCD about being tidy and organized and it often stays true with technology too. The bunch of paused games in my downloads on VITA etc really bothers me.

Mikeside

From the OP: PS+ content is available for a limited time, varying from 1 to 3 months, some stay in the Store for a whole year. You can put these in your Download List and they're yours as long as your subscription is active.

Does this mean if I want to download something at a later date it has to stay in my download list as paused the entire time, or does it just mean I have to add it to my download list once and can cancel it for the time being?

I am somewhat OCD about being tidy and organized and it often stays true with technology too. The bunch of paused games in my downloads on VITA etc really bothers me.

It just has to have been in at some point. You can delete the downloads

Bassun

If I were to buy a UK PS+, would I be able to use it on my New Zealand account? It seems like I'm able to find cheaper codes online than I am on the PSN store ($15 cheaper on PCGameSupply)

Flandy

Got a subscription card for Christmas, activated it and I still have the games I got during my free trial. Woot.

I wish I had redeemed all the games during the free month we got after the PSN outage. At the time PS+ sucked so I didn't see the point in redeeming the games since "Why would I ever sub to PS+? It's terrible"

Has anyone genuinely thought/speculated when Sony will halt/phase out the ps3 offerings of ps plus?

Sure we have the 10 year lifespan (and beyond I bet) but how long until every notable game is in some form offered as part of the library of plus games?

Just curious :)

Personally I think it will stop somewhere around 2016 when Ps4 easily
hopefully
takes complete prominence/stable with a stable of great software.

Robot Pants

Has anyone genuinely thought/speculated when Sony will halt/phase out the ps3 offerings of ps plus?

Sure we have the 10 year lifespan (and beyond I bet) but how long until every notable game is in some form offered as part of the library of plus games?

Just curious :)

Personally I think it will stop somewhere around 2016 when Ps4 easily
hopefully
takes complete prominence/stable with a stable of great software.

I'd say October 2014

Wack! I just saw an e-mail from 13 hours ago for PlayStation+ and it listed Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed for PS3 (I already grabbed the IGC Vita version for my sister).

Clicked on the "get it now" button in the e-mail and it went to the SEN store, and as I half-suspected it was still $29.99. Oh well, was hoping to have a third copy of the game so I can play it when I'm not in my house / in the living room (and having a bunch of cables from my desktop running to the projector).

Donos

You don't even need to start the download. It's just important that you have "bought" / purchased (for 0,00 €/$) the item/game in the web store or in the PS3 PSN store. Then you can download it as long as your subscription goes whenever you want.

ZenaxPure

Never expected a sonic racing game to be the racing game that forced me into actually getting better. I'm pretty shit at racing games of all types so naturally when I rolled up into that first drifting challenge it was a god damn nightmare. Took me close to an hour to clear it, but I felt pretty good when I did and then the next few races I came in first on my first try.

Having a lot of fun with the game, which I was not expecting at all. Is the LBP kart racer any good? I think that's in my download list somewhere thanks to PS+. Might check that out next.

I'd say October 2014

I hope not. There are wayyyy to many games giving the system life into 2015 even. Beyond this there are many parts of the world where the ps3 is finally reaching that extremely low threshold of entry like the ps2 hit.

No way in hell. Late 2015 at the earliest. The PS3 and 360 are here to stay for the coming years.

Agreed. I honestly feel I will be playing my ps3 more in 2014 than my ps4.

Tales of Xillia 2
KH 2.5
Tales of Zestria
Persona 5
Drakengard 3
all of those cross gen ports (not that I will be playing them on ps360)
etc.

Quick question guys: if I have a EU PS+ subscription on my main account, can I access the US IGC games on my US secondary account?

This is due to Brothers being a part of the US IGC but not the EU one, but it's currently on sale in many different places so I don't mind buying it if I can't access it for free next month.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
you lie, email. you lie!
TRaXrwH.png

StingX2

I grabbed Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed hoping the AI isn't as brutal

Edit: My original post was answered in the OP actually

I used to have PS+ but have it no longer. Got a few quick questions before I consider re-subscribing:

1. If I download a game with PS+, and then loose my internet connection after I've downloaded it, can I still play it while offline? How would it even tell if I still have PS+ or not when I'm offline?

2. I don't have a PS4 yet. Can I still "buy" the PS4 games and then just download them whenever I get a PS4 (assuming that I still have PS+ then)?

I used to have PS+ but have it no longer. Got a few quick questions before I consider re-subscribing:

1. If I download a game with PS+, and then loose my internet connection after I've downloaded it, can I still play it while offline? How would it even tell if I still have PS+ or not when I'm offline?

2. I don't have a PS4 yet. Can I still "buy" the PS4 games and then just download them whenever I get a PS4 (assuming that I still have PS+ then)?

1 - The PS+ games have a timestamp with a expire date, so even without a internet connection, you can play them.

2 - You can "buy" the PS4 games via the webstore.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
What an awesome PS+ lineup for January! BioShock Infinite, Brothers, DMC. I've been waiting to play these games. So excited.

Now to disconnect my PS4.

Ocaso

How is bioshock infinite on the PS3? Does it run ok? Hows it compared to the other versions.

If you already have Plus, you can download the full game trial and see for yourself.

In any case, it runs great (solid 30, even faster if you unlock it) and looks beautiful.

1 - The PS+ games have a timestamp with a expire date, so even without a internet connection, you can play them.

2 - You can "buy" the PS4 games via the webstore.

Ah, that's great. So then there's really no point in not getting PS+, right? Even if I can't connect my PS3 to the internet for a few months I can still just "buy" them on the webstore and then download them whenever I can? I haven't used the webstore much, but that sounds great.

Thanks.

fenners

Ah, that's great. So then there's really no point in not getting PS+, right? Even if I can't connect my PS3 to the internet for a few months I can still just "buy" them on the webstore and then download them whenever I can? I haven't used the webstore much, but that sounds great.

Thanks.

You've got it right.

hom3land

Let us (or at least me) know how that goes! I've been looking to upgrade my 160gb HD. It filled it up right away with all the games available in November and the IGC. That hard drive looks like a good too.

I installed it and have downloaded a few games no problem. I got a 12gb version so didn't have to do much work other then sliding it in.

Thanks.

Yup, you've got it right. Also, when you buy a PS3 game via webstore, you can add that game to your download queue, so the next time you login on PSN, the download automaticly starts.

And you should use more the webstore, because is way better (and faster) than the PS3 store. :)

Ghazi

I installed it and have downloaded a few games no problem. I got a 12gb version so didn't have to do much work other then sliding it in.

Sounds surprisingly easy, I thought you may have to install the PS3 firmware to hard drive or something like that. I think I may just buy this hardrive. I'll back up my saves onto the cloud and a USB, remove the old hard drive and put the new one in, and just redownload and copy everything over. Thanks!

hom3land

Sounds surprisingly easy, I thought you may have to install the PS3 firmware to hard drive or something like that. I think I may just buy this hardrive. I'll back up my saves onto the cloud and a USB, remove the old hard drive and put the new one in, and just redownload and copy everything over. Thanks!

I believe the firmware steps are required if you already have a hard drive.. Since I didn't, it wasn't required. And it transfered the saves from the flash memory to the hdd for me as well.

Top Bottom