• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
l1IUxQB.jpg

I am just seeing this can some one help me, Same on my os3 IGC shows last months games
I think that link hasn't been updated with the new batch of games, probably cause some of the staff is in vacation for the holidays. Try searching for the items, that seems to work.

L7da7Ug.png

Here's the links:
BL2 - https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ds-2/cid=EP1001-NPEB01144_00-BORDERLANDS2PSN1
BlazBlue - https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...tend/cid=EP4293-PCSB00042_00-BBCSEXNGP0001000
Soul Sacrifice - https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-sa/cid=EP9000-PCSF00178_00-SOULSACRIFICEEU0
DmC - https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-cry/cid=EP0102-NPEB01020_00-DMCDEVILMAYCRY01

Also make sure your date setting is correct on your PS3. Sometimes they lock certain stuff (flash sales & updates that fall on a holiday) behind a date check in the NA Stores so I wouldn't be surprised if the other territories do something similar.

Theman2k

GAF it's time for me to get PS +.
But which one ?

EU, US or middle east ?

Most of my games are EU, but i have few US and the DLC is region locked.

what do you say ?

Tizoc

But which one ?

EU, US or middle east ?

what do you say ?

Middle East=EU for the most part.
EU PSN has the better offerings most of the time.

Hzoltan69

Really disappointed with the PS+ offering for Playstation 4 so far. Resogun is fine, but all the others are worthless (for me) indie games that I didn't care about on PC and care even less now...
I know the problem lies not with PS+ but the launch lineup, so I'm only hoping we will get over this soon.

Really disappointed with the PS+ offering for Playstation 4 so far. Resogun is fine, but all the others are worthless (for me) indie games that I didn't care about on PC and care even less now...
I know the problem lies not with PS+ but the launch lineup, so I'm only hoping we will get over this soon.
Don't starve (January PS+ offering) should make you happy then. I've read good things about it.

BibiMaghoo

I have to ask what exactly you expected from a new system? I mean, there are only so many titles, and they are all brand new. EU Plus gives us some great stuff, but never, ever a new retail game. The only new games ever given have been indie or small budget titles.

So from this we can expect exactly that, for a time. Small titles until the new ones are older. If you expected full, new retail titles at the launch of a system, them your expectations were set way to high.

NHale

They only started giving Vita games 9 months after the system launched on EU/US. Considering your reaction and others like yours, maybe they should have done the same thing with their PS4 offering. And considering Resogun is actually a good game and one they could have gotten a lot of sales considering the lack of PSN titles at launch (not to mention they were expecting to give Driveclub Lite version for free at launch until the delay) I don't see how anyone can say it's disappointing so far unless their expectations were too high to begin with.

Were you really expecting games like Battlefield 4, NFS Rivals or Killzone at launch? What's the incentive to the publisher? Unlike PS3 games that most sales are done during the launch period, games on new platforms sell very well for a bigger period of time because the arrival of new owners every day and lack of software during the first 18-24 months. Including a game on IGC would remove all those sales at full price

Aru

But which one ?

EU, US or middle east ?

what do you say ?

If your currency has a better value than the US dollar, I'd say go for the US PS+. For me it's around 10 € cheaper than EU PS+, outside of any offer.
Games are great but often older than games put on EU PS+, but other than that it's a matter of taste.

Tizoc

Here's a 1 month Trial for EU Plus, just quote this post and you should see the code =)
EDIT: Taken by Caderfix.

But which one ?

EU, US or middle east ?

what do you say ?

Just stick to your main account I think their are positive and negative to both regions I would avoid using a ME account since it often lacking some of the EU Deals,also you can just buy the dlc you want on the suitable account and play it on your main account unless your talking about vita titles then I can see your issue.

Menaged

But which one ?

EU, US or middle east ?

what do you say ?

I think it might come down to what you prefer. From what I noticed, US+ gets far better discounts, whild EU+ gets the better free games (although I think the margain in the latter is not too wide).

I subscribed to US+ around 18 months ago, and don't regret it one bit. Well, even if I did I wouldn't switch now because I'll lose all my free games. Last time it was dirt cheap as well. Using 2 promotions at the same time, I got a year sub for 30 USD.

Magnus

Does adding Free Plus games to your cart as a PS Plus member on the SEN website, and then completing Check Out tie games to your account going forward?

I'm just trying to be a lazy asshole by saving myself the trouble of hooking the PS3 up, downloading/then cancelling the download of each Plus game...haha.

Also, can we effectively use this process to tie games for platforms we don't actually own (in my case, Vita) to our account, so that when we do get that platform, we have all the Plus games banked for it?

Fuck, if yes, I love Plus.

I love it anyway

andy_lhc

Does adding Free Plus games to your cart as a PS Plus member on the SEN website, and then completing Check Out tie games to your account going forward?

I'm just trying to be a lazy asshole by saving myself the trouble of hooking the PS3 up, downloading/then cancelling the download of each Plus game...haha.

Also, can we effectively use this process to tie games for platforms we don't actually own (in my case, Vita) to our account, so that when we do get that platform, we have all the Plus games banked for it?

Fuck, if yes, I love Plus.

Yes to both questions....

andy_lhc

So ridiculous. Amazing. Glad Boxing Day let me bank 4 years' worth!

Jesus.

Quite righteous that when/if I pick up a Vita, I'll have Gravity Rush, Uncharted and Soul Sacrifice ready to go, for free. Amazing.

Why else would you think some gamer's subscription runs up to 2020?

Lol

Fellow gaffers I have a question, I have an Italian psn account, can I use a uk ps+ voucher or is it regin locked? I just finished my ps+ trial and I'd like to buy a 90 days sub, but I found nice deals for the uk ones only...any help?

Joni

Fellow gaffers I have a question, I have an Italian psn account, can I use a uk ps+ voucher or is it regin locked? I just finished my ps+ trial and I'd like to buy a 90 days sub, but I found nice deals for the uk ones only...any help?

They are country-locked.

Chorazin

Upgraded my PS4 to a 1TB hyrbid hard drive, and dropped the 500GB drive from that into my PS3. Downloaded so many older Plus games over the weekend! :-D

Arukado

Upgraded my PS4 to a 1TB hyrbid hard drive, and dropped the 500GB drive from that into my PS3. Downloaded so many older Plus games over the weekend! :-D
I was thinking about upgrading my ps3 hdd, but that seems like a better solution. How many usable gb do you have with the 500gb hdd?

Holy shit is all I can say.

I bought a Vita yesterday, and was looking at buying a few games for it when my brother told me a bit more about Plus. I had always heard it was great but then I looked at what I got for free just this month. I promptly bought a year sub and downloaded all the Vita offerings.

Then I turned on my PS3 and downloaded everything. I have never played ICO and SoC but always wanted to so I was even happier. Then I saw next month I can grab the Brothers game for free. So amazing.

Now I wish I had grabbed a few subs during Black Friday. Will have to keep an eye out next November.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Am i the only one to find Borderlands 2 controls and view weird?
The aim is imprecise, not smooth and i feel that the field of view is too narrow.

KaOTiK

Banned

I asked for a 1TB drive for Christmas to do exactly this and I did receive it for Christmas. Been downloading so many + games that I didn't have room for now :D

ZeroCoin

Can't wait for the January US selection to start hitting. Really excited to play Infinite, especially after all the GOTY talk.

Has anyone opened up their PS3 to clean the dust out / replace fans or thermal paste? I'm really considering cracking my launch PS3 open to clean it out and hopefully reduce the jet engine fan noise. Is replacing the thermal paste necessary, or is just a good dust removal sufficient?

Carnby

Translation: PS4 has been out for less than two months. Why hasn't Sony given me every single PS4 game for free on PS plus?

Translation: PS4 has been out for less than two months. Why hasn't Sony given me every single PS4 game for free on PS plus?
I predicted in another thread that we are going to see a LOT of people complaining about lackluster PS4 offerings on PS+ throughout 2014 while the PS3 continues to get solid offerings for the next year or 18 months.

The PS3 has 7 years worth of catalog to draw from, folks. The PS4 has about 7 weeks worth. But a lot of people are going to say "bah, that's old, I played that, so last gen," etc. It's the cult of the new here on GAF.

Personally it's why I'm keeping my PS3 hooked up for a long time to come. I have tons of Plus games I still haven't played and more will come. My PS4 will get played but it's not my only gaming platform. I guess if you're the type who needs to sell old stuff to afford new or doesn't have the space to keep things hooked up, then I can see the frustration with a lack of PS4 PS+ games.

But I don't see it changing in 2014. PS4 offerings just won't stack to PS3 and Vita in 2014.

Roto13

Contrast and Grid 2 are leaving next week. First PS4 game to leave PS+ so buy it on the webstore if you haven't already.

Urban Trial Freestyle is the freebie, of course. The blog post doesn't mention any sales at all.

Chorazin

I asked for a 1TB drive for Christmas to do exactly this and I did receive it for Christmas. Been downloading so many + games that I didn't have room for now :D

That's exactly what I did! It's such a smart choice with how cheap HDDs are these days, even hybrid ones.

I was thinking about upgrading my ps3 hdd, but that seems like a better solution. How many usable gb do you have with the 500gb hdd?

I wanna say 480? But I'm not near my PS3 to check for sure.

AndyD

aka andydumi
That's exactly what I did! It's such a smart choice with how cheap HDDs are these days, even hybrid ones.

I wanna say 480? But I'm not near my PS3 to check for sure.

I think its more like 430 once formatted and cache space is reserved.

Joni

Honestly, I would put a 1 TB in the PS3 and wait for a 4/8 TB for the PS4. I'm well over 500 GB with my digital games on the PS3.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Am i the only one to find Borderlands 2 controls and view weird?
The aim is imprecise, not smooth and i feel that the field of view is too narrow.
On the PC version* it's very smooth, but when I played the PS3 version it felt very clunky. Hate to be one of "those", but I honestly think it's because of the lower framerate... :|

* I play the PC version with a controller, btw

Flandy

No sales announced this week? What the hell is this? When do we not at least get a random 20% discount on something random?

Maybe there will be a surprise one tomorrow.

Chorazin

No problem! Just make sure you read up on the upgrade process for both systems, and if you're going to back up your PS3 HDD you'll need an external USB drive that's not the drive you're buying and be aware the backup process takes FOREVER. I was without my PS3 for 35 hours while it compressed and transferred the backup!!

The restore only took about 4 once I put in the new HDD, and it restored EVERYTHING (except for my theme, which defaulted to the base theme) to where it was before I swapped drives, even logged me immediately into PSN.

hom3land

Is there a site that has a history of all the games that have been offered through ps+? And has there ever been repeats? Just got my first ps3 and curious what level of games to expect... I can't imagine it's going to be bioshock infinite quality every month.

Curufinwe

No sales announced this week? What the hell is this? When do we not at least get a random 20% discount on something random?

Maybe there will be a surprise one tomorrow.

I am really in the mood to finally play MGS 2. So I'm hoping the MGS HD series goes on sale again.

Top Bottom