• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Is there a site that has a history of all the games that have been offered through ps+? And has there ever been repeats? Just got my first ps3 and curious what level of games to expect... I can't imagine it's going to be bioshock infinite quality every month.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...9XYmJvSUlzLUFlTlRjNFk2YUE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Some months are good, some are bad, but overall every 6 month or so period is excellent cumulatively. And there are almost no repeats, except with the big game giveaway following the PSN hack. In general, once you miss something, it's gone for good.

And the games do tend to be high profile. Bioshock Infinite is January, but Borderlands 2 was December and Dragon's Dogma in November. Alongside lots of other things of course.

Xtyle

Totally new to this Psn Plus thing.

Question.
My ps3 is running really low on hd space. I got all these free games of the month downloaded, except Binary Domain. Can I delete my download games (without insatlling) and be able to download them later for free?

Question.
My ps3 is running really low on hd space. I got all these free games of the month downloaded, except Binary Domain. Can I delete my download games (without insatlling) and be able to download them later for free?

As long as you have an active subscription, yes you can delete the games and download them later for free.

Question.

Yes. You don't even need to download them as long as you go through the purchase thing.

newjeruse

Am i the only one to find Borderlands 2 controls and view weird?
The aim is imprecise, not smooth and i feel that the field of view is too narrow.
I'm new to the series, but I don't understand why it automatically switches guns for me in the middle of fire fights. It will also randomly shoot sometimes when I click down L3 to run.

I'm new to the series, but I don't understand why it automatically switches guns for me in the middle of fire fights. It will also randomly shoot sometimes when I click down L3 to run.

It shouldn't (that I know of, though certain guns might do that. I had one that I kept dropping, thought it was a glitch, turned out to be a 'feature' of the gun).

I had similar issues, especially with the L3 causing random button presses (sometimes i'd switch weapons, sometimes I'd crouch, sometimes jump)... turned out my controller was dying. Try a different controller and see if you get the same results.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, sounds like your controller is messed up man. Mine does the same thing. It's super annoying in Dragon's Dogma when I am trying to sprint (which is clicking in the stick) and instead I will aim my bow or toss out pawn commands instead.

Weren't we getting Smart As and some Worms game for January? I remember reading something about it here on GAF (I'm new to this PS+ thing, saving games for when I get a Vita next month or so).

Also, if I made some progress on the (retail) PS3 version of Sonic Racing, can I continue from where I left in the Vita PS+ version?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Is it all updated on one day a week now (in Europe)? I remember some updates just being on random days

Flandy

What's wrong? lol Other than my disorientation in time (and maybe space), I mean.

1. The store goes by Pacific time and over here it's still the 31st
2. Stuff is added weekly and not all at once like Eu. It normally goes some like this PS3 Retail > PS3 Digital >PS3 Retail > Vita/PSP Title > Vita
This month was a bit different though

Someday they're going to ditch the IGC for PS3 and that day is going to be hilarious.

why would they ditch the instant game library? is doesn't make sense because they are the publisher of many games and they will not lose anything by leaving it there for another 10+ years. Give me some legit reasons at least.

Are we ever getting Don't Starve for PS4?

I'm going to you know, starve.

I believe it is coming out January 7th, next Tuesday. Hopefully this is accurate--been dying to get my hands on this game!

Source: http://n4g.com/news/1425921/dont-starve-ps4-release-date-confirmed-included-in-jan-ps-offerings

Klei Entertainment‘s fiendish survival simulation Don’t Starve is launching January 7th on PS4, Back in August we reported that both Outlast and Don’t Starve would be part of the PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection when they hit PS4, and that looks to be confirmed by the presence of a promotional video in the free games section of the PS Store under the PlayStation Plus section. However, a PS4 release date for Outlast hasn’t been confirmed as of yet.

whitehawk

Banned
Urban Trial Freestyle is a terrible game unfortunately. And this is coming from a diehard Trials fan who put countless hours into Trials HD/Evolution getting to the top of leader boards.

This is one of those games that needs to run at 60fps. Not "it would be nice", but needs. Not only does it not hit 60fps, but is running at what looks like 15-20fps most of the time. Even if this were an amazing game, the frame rate kills anything good about it.

Maybe it runs better on the PS3.

Just subscribed. Is the only way to access it through PlayStation store? Looks like I only have access to a few ps3 free games, is that right? Borderlands, uncharted 3, ico&sic along with a few psn games

Ogawa-san

Urban Trial Freestyle is a terrible game unfortunately. And this is coming from a diehard Trials fan who put countless hours into Trials HD/Evolution getting to the top of leader boards.

This is one of those games that needs to run at 60fps. Not "it would be nice", but needs. Not only does it not hit 60fps, but is running at what looks like 15-20fps most of the time. Even if this were an amazing game, the frame rate kills anything good about it.

Yep, I had the same impression. After being positively surprised by Sonic All Stars I thought this could be a fun knock-off too, but the few tracks I tried were not fun and the fps was downright miserable.

But I suppose having beaten Trials HD before didn't help.

It's one of those games that exists because there's no real Trials on the PS3/Vita. But that's going to change with the PS4 since Trials Fusion was announced at E3.

vulva

I haven't been able to redeem my ps+ card for the past week or so. I keep getting error 80023102. Is this happening with most people or am I doing something wrong?

Donos

For everybody who downloaded Borderlands 2 and wondered how they can open the big chest at the teleporter in Sanctuary. Sign up for "Shift" over the "Extras" menue and you get one golden key. If you add this code PS3: 5BW3B-3F9Z6-XZ65J-HBW33-CHW9Z you get 3 extra keys (only working till Jan 6th) so you have 4 keys for the chest.

The chest contains two rare items (purple/blue, maybe legendary) tied to your level so think about it when to open. When you leave the room and get back the chest is closed again so you can use another key.

Question for PS Plus GAF :

I have been without Internet for a couple of months due to moving house, and my licenses for the games bought on plus on my HDD have now expired. I'm taking it to a relatives tonight to connect to PSN again to download some games I've bought through the webstore.

Will my PS3 automatically update the licenses for all my games or do I need to boot each one individually whilst online and then quit the game, and repeat? I have nearly 1tb of games so I hope I don't have to launch each one individually!!

For everybody who downloaded Borderlands 2 and wondered how they can open the big chest at the teleporter in Sanctuary. Sign up for "Shift" over the "Extras" menue and you get one golden key. If you add this code PS3: 5BW3B-3F9Z6-XZ65J-HBW33-CHW9Z you get 3 extra keys (only working till Jan 6th) so you have 4 keys for the chest.

The chest contains two rare items (purple/blue, maybe legendary) tied to your level so think about it when to open. When you leave the room and get back the chest is closed again so you can use another key.

There's more working codes here. http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_SHiFT_Codes

ZeroCoin

Yeah i also found more codes but i'm not going to use them and "break" the game. Although the items i got out of the 3 keys were not that good. Sold most of them.

The gold chest items are really not going to break the game for most people. The items are typically not top of the line and you will find better pretty easily. The best use of them seems to be to get a solid weapon when you are trying to level up a new character and get yourself stuck with a weapon that was great 4-5 levels ago but you haven't found a decent replacement for it yet. To each his/her own and all that.

Top Bottom