• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

lucius

Has Borderlands 2 DLC gone on sale yet in the US?

I already own 2 of the story DLC so the season pass is not really worth it for me at this point.

Petrie

Banned
I wish I hadn't forgotten to buy Guacamelee over the holidays.

I thought I bought it on the PS store, but forgot it kept giving an error and never went back.

am sad.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I wish I hadn't forgotten to buy Guacamelee over the holidays.

I thought I bought it on the PS store, but forgot it kept giving an error and never went back.

am sad.
I paid full price. Game was worth every penny. Just give them what they're asking... I bet you'll feel the same.

Petrie

Banned
I paid full price. Game was worth every penny. Just give them what they're asking... I bet you'll feel the same.

I'm a CheapAssGamer at heart. No way I can bring myself to do that knowing the price it was just days prior. It isn't in my blood.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I'm a CheapAssGamer at heart. No way I can bring myself to do that knowing the price it was just days prior. It isn't in my blood.
Well, then I will simply say that I think you're letting your inclination keep you from experiencing a great game. Ah well. Good luck, and don't forget to pick it up when it's on sale again!

Petrie

Banned
Well, then I will simply say that I think you're letting your inclination keep you from experiencing a great game. Ah well. Good luck, and don't forget to pick it up when it's on sale again!

I'd say Sony's inability to keep their store functioning during the sale is what prevented me, as I attempted the purchase many times.

I'll grab it next time unless it hits PS+ before then, which seems possible.

neoemonk

Been playing the crap out of Hotline Miami on the Vita. Don't know why but it seems to be the perfect system for it for me. Game is damn hard sometimes though. I'm up to chapter ten and I don't think I've gotten a B+ or higher in quite some time.

stix zadinia

Neo Member
Trying to redeem a 1 year playstation plus voucher I bought, and I keep getting this error message when I try to redeem it: 80023102. Anyone know what this is? Looked it up on google but no one seems to have gotten this error code relating to my situation. Starting to piss me off. Been trying for 3 days now.

Labadal

Trying to redeem a 1 year playstation plus voucher I bought, and I keep getting this error message when I try to redeem it: 80023102. Anyone know what this is? Looked it up on google but no one seems to have gotten this error code relating to my situation. Starting to piss me off. Been trying for 3 days now.

Why don't you contact Sony support? Seems like the easiest solution.

vulva

I'm in the same boat. When trying to redeem over the web store I'm told it can't be redeemed on a PC, over the SEN store I'm told just "error" and when redeeming within account management, I'm given the same error code. Not sure what's up :s

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm in the same boat. When trying to redeem over the web store I'm told it can't be redeemed on a PC, over the SEN store I'm told just "error" and when redeeming within account management, I'm given the same error code. Not sure what's up :s
From the Canadian Deals thread:

Just got an email from Sony regarding my PS Plus cards purchased from FS on boxing day:

Based on the information you have provided, we show all your codes as inactive. Please contact/return to your retailer for assistance in activating your PSN cards.

I wonder why they couldn't figure that out when I was on the phone with them. Ah well, I guess I have to make another trip to Future Shop. Hopefully they don't give me any grief.
Maybe it's the same with your codes?

Jinto

^^

Yeah, that's the same problem I was having. Couldn't redeem the code, and getting the exact same errors. I called Sony after a couple days and they told me to try when PSN wasn't so busy. Still didn't work for a few days after that, so I called them again. They directed me to email them with pics of the PS Plus cards and receipt. I did that and got their email response posted above. The cards weren't activated properly. I went back and exchanged my cards for different ones and they worked fine. Hope that helps.

Zaru

What the FUCK? I finally got around to trying Grid 2 and the game is set to French. I'm in Austria and my system is set to English, and apparently many people seem to be having this problem with no remedy whatsoever? What were they thinking? There is zero, ZERO reason to not include English.

Anth0ny

PS+ noob here

I'm trying to download SOTC, but it looks like I don't have enough space on my harddrive, so I can't actually download it. However, beside the SOTC icon on the store, it says "purchased".

Does that mean the game is now tied to my PS+ account, and I can download/play the game freely as long as I have a PS+ subscription active (once I free up enough HDD space)? or do I need to actually download the game/get the game on my download list while it's available as a free game to make it available in the future?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

torontoml

PS+ noob here

I'm trying to download SOTC, but it looks like I don't have enough space on my harddrive, so I can't actually download it. However, beside the SOTC icon on the store, it says "purchased".

Does that mean the game is now tied to my PS+ account, and I can download/play the game freely as long as I have a PS+ subscription active (once I free up enough HDD space)? or do I need to actually download the game/get the game on my download list while it's available as a free game to make it available in the future?

Yes, you now have it as long as you have a subscription.

PS+ noob here

You don't need to actually download it. You just need to complete the "buying" process. :)

Edit: Beaten.

louiedog

PS+ noob here

It just needs to be purchased. I never download my PS+ games until I'm actually going to play them to avoid filling up my hard drive. If you go here you should all of your PS+ games, even if they aren't downloaded and no longer offered for members, with an expiration date matching the end of your current subscription. If you see the game you're good to go.

Marz

PS+ noob here

Try reading the OP.

Fuzzy

I sent a PM to Canis lupus to add the following to the OP to make it easier to copy/paste when someone has these questions.

How to turn off auto-renew of PS Plus:

Vita: start the store > click "..." bubble > Services List > PlayStation Plus > PlayStation Plus (says "Subscription" next to it) > click to turn it off.
PS3: PSN > Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > PlayStation Plus > PlayStation Plus (says "Subscription" next to it) > click to turn it off.
PS4: Settings > PSN > Account Information > Services List > PlayStation Plus > PlayStation Plus (says "Subscription" next to it) > click to turn it off.

What has been available on PS Plus since it started?

North America

Reddit NA list: http://4x.reddit.com/r/PlayStationPlus/wiki/list/fullna
Spreadsheet NA list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AguesZ0CXzHLdFdnMl9XYmJvSUlzLUFlTlRjNFk2YUE#gid=0

Europe

Reddit EU list: http://4x.reddit.com/r/PlayStationPlus/wiki/list/fulleu
Spreadsheet EU list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ZnEtNkxrSGN1OVA0Q0k5NVcwWkE&usp=sharing#gid=0

So if I go to the PSN store and buy all the free games, but never download them, I still get to keep the games free and download later even after the expire as long as I keep my sub to PSplus? So I should always cart and buy any free game?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So if I go to the PSN store and buy all the free games, but never download them, I still get to keep the games free and download later even after the expire as long as I keep my sub to PSplus? So I should always cart and buy any free game?

yes thats why i always do, i even have some ps4 games in my dl list without having a ps4 thx to the web store.

GeoramA

Tried Borderlands 2 with the DS3...meh

Tried Borderlands 2 with the DS4...HOLY FUCK this is awesome!

OT: Really wish GTA V supported this controller, dammit.

I really wish there was a cloud / owned view for the PSN store for us to easily look through our digital collections and redownload them at our convenience. Going through the download list is a chore.

Mogwai

Tried Borderlands 2 with the DS3...meh

Tried Borderlands 2 with the DS4...HOLY FUCK this is awesome!

OT: Really wish GTA V supported this controller, dammit.

Have you tried with Borderlands 2 with mouse and keyboard? That's even better.

However, even a controller sent from god wouldn't be able save that mess of a game anyway :/

For everybody who downloaded Borderlands 2 and wondered how they can open the big chest at the teleporter in Sanctuary. Sign up for "Shift" over the "Extras" menue and you get one golden key. If you add this code PS3: 5BW3B-3F9Z6-XZ65J-HBW33-CHW9Z you get 3 extra keys (only working till Jan 6th) so you have 4 keys for the chest.

The chest contains two rare items (purple/blue, maybe legendary) tied to your level so think about it when to open. When you leave the room and get back the chest is closed again so you can use another key.

I got greedy and used all the 4 keys in the same session :( Level 26 though. Got pretty high end gear.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Totally, I don't understand why that is not a thing yet.
It's there on PS4.

bGGTKoT.jpg

I guess they probably don't want to dedicate resources to implement it on the PS3 side this late into the generation.

BubbaMc

Hey guys,
I have a small problem with my PS Plus subscription, hopefully someone here can shed some light.

Back in mid 2012 I picked up Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown for free on PS Plus. My PS Plus subscription expired in mid 2013, and I didn't get around to subscribing to PS Plus again until late 2013.

The problem is Virtua Fighter no longer works, a message comes up saying the game has expired. None of my other games have this error, and my PS Plus subscription is current.

I was under the impression that all free games would be re-enabled as long as a subscription is current.

Anyone had the issue I describe? Any ideas how to re-gain access to this game without buying it?

Thanks!

Fuzzy

The game doesn't show in my downloads list in the PSN store. The game page in the store shows full price to purchase.

That being the case, how can I re-download it?
I remember that being an issue with some EU/AUS accounts. I don't remember if there's a solution.

hiro_x

Any of you guys have trouble of not being able to get the option to background download games on ps3? It started after I just moved to a new house and changed ISP. Would my internet connection have any effect on that?

After testing around a bit, it seems that I can't do a background download for games that are around 5gb or more. This really sucks :(

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
the only issue is that this also includes demo's of games :/
Yeah hopefully we don't have to wait too long for them to add filters and sort options.

Any of you guys have trouble of not being able to get the option to background download games on ps3? It started after I just moved to a new house and changed ISP. Would my internet connection have any effect on that?

After testing around a bit, it seems that I can't do a background download for games that are around 5gb or more. This really sucks :(
How much free space do you have on the system?

Is there any reason why the PSN Store won't recognize that I have PS+ on my PS4, yet it lets me play online games and such?
Are you talking about the giant Join Now images in the PS+ section on the NA (Euro too I think) PS4 Store?

ud1J5Fv.jpg

Everyone sees that, that section is just a giant PS+ ad that doesn't take into account your current status. The PS4 store only does a check for your status when you click on a game page for a PS+ game. As long as the game page says free you should be good.

Now if you mean you can play online on your account, but trying to download a PS+ game from the store spits out regular pricing then the only thing I can think of is your account isn't subbed to PS+ but another local account on the system is. That would grant the system online privileges system wide, but stuff like PS+ game downloads and PS+ discounts will only appear to the accounts subbed to PS+. If you want to play the games on a non PS+ account you first have to download them using the PS+ account cause all the other accounts won't have access to the free download.

Top Bottom