• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 3: Getting The Knack Of These Games

MUnited83

For you.
I want to believe...but i dont...

Dont do this GAF...it WONT happen...

We will get 2 índie games and we WILL LOVE THEM!!!

I'd hope so. At this point if they include a AAA release it will probably be one of the mediocre launch titles that you can buy at 5/10$ on retail.
Give me recent/at launch indies over that any day.

weekev

Banned
Can you please number how many games in the past 6 months looked like SNES games or even NES games, even counting the PS3 and Vita slots? I'm curious

Nom nom galaxy, Nova 111, Broforce (granted this was chosen via vote so someone must want it), unmechanical, super meat boy, xeodrifter, super time force.

Thats just since October. I realise that these games are technically above what is possible on SNES etc but I get what he is saying.

That being said I also find those games fun.

VLiberty

Nom nom galaxy, Nova 111, Broforce (granted this was chosen via vote so someone must want it), unmechanical, super meat boy, xeodrifter, super time force.

Thats just since October. I realise that these games are technically above what is possible on SNES etc but I get what he is saying.

That being said I also find those games fun.

"Technically above what is possible on SNES"? Except STF and Xeodrifter(which have not been given in the past 6 months btw) and Broforce(voted by people as you say) they're modern looking games as much as Rayman Origins or Nintendo 2d platformers. Heck, Unmechanical is a 3d game

Unmechanical-Extended.jpg

Can you please number how many games in the past 6 months looked like SNES games or even NES games, even counting the PS3 and Vita slots? I'm curious

weekev beat me to it. They might not look like NES or SNES title per say but most of them use the retro art style and I'm just getting tired of that.

Not saying that they are bad, it's that most of them aren't my cup of tea.

Ludens

Banned
Just a couple of hours before the wait for May line-up will begin, a line-up in which we will hope but it will fail to deliver as usually. I'm prepared.
The only fun I'm having with Plus lately is crying about it (not true, I'm playing Hitman 2 and Im loving it, even if I curse IO Interactive in and there because some missions are broken or way too hard, like Motorcade Interception).

Footos22

I'd love a lego game just so my kid has something to play. Loved the hell out of jurassic world coop with her. I like the vita ones but they cut a hell of a lot out.

bjaelke

Here’s your full line-up of games for next month, launching on 5th April:

Dead Star (PS4)
Zombi (PS4)
I Am Alive (PS3)
Savage Moon (PS3)
A Virus Named Tom (PS Vita)
Shutshimi (PS Vita)

chadskin

Bottom of the barrel for PS3 and Vita once more but Zombi isn't actually too bad, always meant to try it but never got around to actually buying it.

Laranja

Bottom of the barrel for PS3 and Vita once more but Zombi isn't actually too bad, always meant to try it but never got around to actually buying it.

Same here. Is the list confirmed?

Edit: just saw the post on the US blog. I guess it's safe to assume the EU will be getting the same games. Nice month.

Hasney

That's what you get for being a fan of the genre. I've bought the PS4 version without doing a background check and I'm mad at myself for this decision up to this day. :)

Yeah, I love it, but judging by my ex housemates reaction to the game, it's divisive for sure"

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I did play the demo for Wii U version a couple years ago and got really annoyed by having to constantly move my head up and down all the time. The PS4 version won't have that problem so I'll give it a go.

We finally got a retail title? I don't believe it.

Zombi looks cool, liked it when it got announced for WiiU and would definitely check out the PS4 version.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I have seriously never heard of Zombi. Looks stupid either way.

I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed.
Man some people never followed the launch of the Wii U at all. It was one of the prominent launch titles for the system. Sad.

Zombi U actually made me want a Wii U early on. It looked so interesting. It was only after playing the demo and getting pissed off with the constant moving my head up and down that I decided not to buy it. But nevertheless the game looks very interesting and I look forward to seeing how much I enjoy the game without the gamepad hurting my old man neck.

Ludens

Banned
We got a retail game*

*Retail WiiU last gen only, 20€ PSN release

But at least is something I had wishlisted on Steam, I'm happy to try it without spending money*

*I already spent money by buying the Plus sub.

Ludens

Banned
Well, maybe it has a retail release, but of course is not comparable to retail games like Lords of Fallen and Sunset Drive, since they launched for 70€.

Top Bottom