• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 3: Getting The Knack Of These Games

Is the difficulty spike I keep hearing about just the final boss? Or the whole season in general? I really didn't notice anything that stood out compared to the other seasons.

The whole season for me. I can't get to the boss. The enemies have much stronger shields and those shotgun raiders kill me every time.

Ludens

Banned
I would laugh if they gave us a PS2 "remaster" as a PS4 title.

Well, at least those PS2 remasters are actually very good games, maybe outdated, yeah, but they are all pretty much solid. But I doubt Sony will do it, it would kill the sales for any PS2 remasters.
We'll probably get another space shooter indie game.

Why would they do that?

Well, because now Plus is mandatory if you want play multiplayer games.

NHale

Well, at least those PS2 remasters are actually very good games, maybe outdated, yeah, but they are all pretty much solid. But I doubt Sony will do it, it would kill the sales for any PS2 remasters.

But giving a PS2 remaster would make people go completely bananas. Even more than if they offered another LEGO game.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Sony doesn't give a shit about the sales of their PS2 remasters. If they did then they wouldn't LITERALLY HIDE THEM FROM VIEW ON THE EU STORE.

Might as well give them away. Nobody in Europe is going to get them otherwise. People have to know they're there first.

VLiberty

I don't think PS+ complainers have a wrong point, not entirely at least, but those complaints would be much MUCH more bearable if you guys wouldn't try so hard to downplay the indie movement and shit on it.

As someone who loves videogames, ps+ threads are an unlimited source of deep sadness nowadays.

Hasney

PS2 games are quite often shit in Europe as trying to output 50Hz to 60Hz results in horrible frame issues. So never, thanks.

L.O.R.D

i need help here
i just bought 1 year plus card and it extended my plus
but when i go to my plus games, i only see the old date on my vita

fefv3Ua.jpg

WXmWuOb.jpg

i singed to my account and went to store and synced my account, nothing changed.

Hasney

i need help here
i just bought 1 year plus card and it extended my plus
but when i go to my plus games, i only see the old date on my vita

fefv3Ua.jpg

WXmWuOb.jpg

i singed to my account and went to store and synced my account, nothing changed.

It flicks over after the old subscription finishes.

Joni

oh, so after 49 days it will become 365 days?
but it's already accumulated on my account info.

The games only update it when they see it is passed. It kinda depends form system to system. The account information looks it up online all the time.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
PS2 games are quite often shit in Europe as trying to output 50Hz to 60Hz results in horrible frame issues. So never, thanks.
The games were fine for us back then. They're fine now. What do you expect? Generally a PS2 re-release will be unchanged. That's the way these things work. Just because there are better versions that exist doesn't make the games unplayable. This was even true back in the day. By that logic the PS2 was a shit console in Europe. Is anyone really going to argue that? It wasn't. People make a bigger deal out of this than it is.

Hasney

The games were fine for us back then. They're fine now. What do you expect? Generally a PS2 re-release will be unchanged. That's the way these things work. Just because there are better versions that exist doesn't make the games unplayable. This was even true back in the day. By that logic the PS2 was a shit console in Europe. Is anyone really going to argue that? It wasn't. People make a bigger deal out of this than it is.

No, they're actually worse. Because the PS4 only outputs in 60Hz, it runs at 50fps and tries to translate it, so on top of the slowdown and bordering, it fucking judders now.

Plus, there were excuses back then. There isn't now.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
No, they're actually worse. Because the PS4 only outputs in 60Hz, it runs at 50fps and tries to translate it, so on top of the slowdown and bordering, it fucking judders now.

Plus, there were excuses back then. There isn't now.
Oh I didn't know that. I assumed it was a PS1 classics thing. San Andreas is the only PS2 game I have on PS4 and that seems fine though.

Hasney

Oh I didn't know that. I assumed it was a PS1 classics thing. San Andreas is the only PS2 game I have on PS4 and that seems fine though.

It's on a per-game basis. The initial batch were all 50Hz and some of those (but not all) were patched to 60Hz. Now it's a crap shoot because unlike Nintendo, it doesn't give an indication if it's 60 or 50Hz, so kind of have to wait until there's confirmation from someone else playing it.

Fortunatley, if I choose to buy them, I can just grab the US PSN version and it's fine whatever. I wouldn't have that choice as I'm on EU PS+, annoyingly.

Ludens

Banned
Dunno about the quality of PS2 games on PS4 (I only have two PS2 games but on PS3).
I would take them instead a random space shooter, but not because I hate indies (90% of my Steam library is indie titles), just because actually those games are Sony's exclusive in most cases and I can't take them in other stores/networks. I don't own a PS2, so having access to Dark Cloud etc would be great, at least for me.
But Sony priced those games like 15€, I doubt they will give them around soon.

The fact those game are not 60Hz is a scam, anyway, because even PS1 titles had a label stating if they were 50 or 60 Hz, like Resident Evil 2.

Today should be the day, prepare to cry.

VLiberty

But then there are people who love "random" space shooters instead and would be disappointed. That's ps+ as it's always been, it was the same when they poured fps one after the other and I couldn't care less for a lot of those.
You'll be happy since next month or the one after they'll stop giving space shooter altogether just likethey weren't giving them for the past few month. Unfortunately they are pretty shite at spacing out games of the same genre, see how they gave 4 pnc games in a row, so they'll start with another genre.

Ludens

Banned
But then there are people who love "random" space shooters instead and would be disappointed. That's ps+ as it's always been, it was the same when they poured fps one after the other and I couldn't care less for a lot of those.
You'll be happy since next month or the one after they'll stop giving space shooter altogether just likethey weren't giving them for the past few month. Unfortunately they are pretty shite at spacing out games of the same genre, see how they gave 4 pnc games in a row, so they'll start with another genre.

Yeah, they are unable to mix a bit the offer. Anyway today or tomorrow we should know something about Aprile games.

Just_one

Today is The day!!

Sony REALLY needs to step it up with PLUS games...who am i kidding? Its gonna be indies all over again...

A man can dream right?

Today is The day!!

Sony REALLY needs to step it up with PLUS games...who am i kidding? Its gonna be indies all over again...

A man can dream right?

You will get Stikbold and you will like it.

EDIT: Scratch that, it'll most likely be Enter the Gungeon. Sony LOVES to offer indie top down shooters.

kevin1025

Banned
You will get Stikbold and you will like it.

EDIT: Scratch that, it'll most likely be Enter the Gungeon. Sony LOVES to offer indie top down shooters.

Since it's been up for preorder the past couple of weeks, Enter the Gungeon won't happen.

But I'd totally be okay with Enter the Gungeon, personally!

Ludens

Banned
I want Splinter Cell HD Collection because I'm missing SC2 and it's not available on PC. I did it years ago, but I don't own a copy.

Hasney

so......................
1 more day left in march and still nothing.
come on sony

Wat. It's usually the week before they release. They release on the first Tuesday of the month, not the 1st of the month. They're not even late yet by their own schedule, it'd be due today.

I mean, they're quite often late, but at least wait to make complaints until they are.

Come on Bishop89

Bishop89

Wat. It's usually the week before they release. They release on the first Tuesday of the month, not the 1st of the month. They're not even late yet by their own schedule, it'd be due today.

I mean, they're quite often late, but at least wait to make complaints until they are.

Come on Bishop89
i know when they release the ps+ titles, but they 99% of the time announce it at the very least 3 days before the month ends.

Its almost the 31st here in Aus.

Hasney

Footos22

I can see dead star being quite fun online but they better have something Decent up their sleeve. PS plus has been pretty bad the last few months. Galakz wasnt very good. Broforce although fun is a technical mess still and flame over is def a handheld game that doesn't really translate well to a big screen pick up and play game..

I'm only signed up to PS+ for the games as I have been since the service started and the decline is real.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I remember when I used to be so excited for the new game announcements. I'd constantly refresh the PS Blog and this thread, and go insane over the tiniest delay.

Now? I find myself caring so little. I do expect we'll get something decent to good. Even in recent months we usually do. I just don't expect something to be excited about.

Footos22

I remember when I used to be so excited for the new game announcements. I'd constantly refresh the PS Blog and this thread, and go insane over the tiniest delay.

Now? I find myself caring so little. I do expect we'll get something decent to good. Even in recent months we usually do. I just don't expect something to be excited about.

Yep same. Ever since they announced red dead I got excited for the announcement every month. Now I just expect to be dissapointed. I add them to my account then try them for 20 mins or so then know straight away if it's gonna be a keeper or not. Or I hold onto them until they get bug patches etc. Sometimes we get little gems like rocket league but that's once In a blue moon.

I just want them to give the retro style indie titles a rest. I've got nothing against indies, I just hate how most of them look and play like SNES titles.

If they wanna give us smaller indie games then the least they can do is mix them up a little and offer both 2D/retro style and more modern looking games.

VLiberty

I just want them to give the retro style indie titles a rest. I've got nothing against indies, I just hate how most of them look and play like SNES titles.

If they wanna give us smaller indie games then the least they can do is mix them up a little and offer both 2D/retro style and more modern looking games.

Can you please number how many games in the past 6 months looked like SNES games or even NES games, even counting the PS3 and Vita slots? I'm curious

Top Bottom