• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation State of Play Announced for May 30th

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
Will we see a Pro reveal?

do-not-do-it-brian-hull.gif

Probably a skip for me dawg. The last SOP wasn't bad at all, but I'm just worried there will be too many PC ports and GAAS present. Sony's messaging regarding the PS ecosystem has become increasingly muddy for a while now; hopefully this presentation they have later today will provide clarity on future direction for the remainder of PS5 gen.

Also just the energy & hype for these shows in general has dwindled significantly for me. It feels like everyone's in their own little bubbles; I miss events like E3 because while they were mostly for business, you could tell companies pushed to bring their best to show off. That type of environment helped foster some sense of competition, which made for a better event for us gamers. At the very least, even if certain conferences were lukewarm, we got some awesome meme-worthy moments. It was also nice to see industry figures live, in-person, discussing their products & work.

The events now feel disconnected and often, impersonal. Like yeah E3 was ultimately about trying to upsell people on a product to buy, but it still had a festive energy to it. That's been missing from almost all of these digital-only presentations the past couple of years. I'd say last year's SGF was the worst offender, but last year's PS Showcase wasn't too far behind. Meanwhile the last Xbox Showcase was mostly smoke & mirrors that didn't amount to much, and the VGAs are the VGAs: a weird mashup of a b-rate Oscars, disconnected trailer reveals, and bombardment of xCloud Game Pass ads.

I'll still look forward to any good announcements or reveals out of this SOP, though.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
PlayStation Studios Global:

This is what I'm expecting, maybe with one big AAA blockbuster reveal like the January SoP (Death Stranding 2: On the Beach)? If so, I'm betting for the Ghost of Tsushima sequel.

dont forget Fairgame$ and Marathon

"It's just a State of Play, I sleep"

Freaking RE 4 Remake was announced on a SoP

Some of you are too bitter
That State of Play was much better than the last showcase.

I also don' get the "it's just a State of Play" it will be bad comments lmao.

That said, i'm expecting remasters (Until Dawn, maybe Horizon?), Astrobot, Concord, and 3rd party stuff. If anyone expects another 9 min trailer for Death Stranding 2 will be let down.

Saber

Does he think that is some sort of gatcha?

Of course people that expcet a big fucking event is not gonna be happy with yet another state of play that are shit 80% of the times.

I lost count of how many of State of Plays I already watched. It's garbage for most of part except for a few rare moments(the Stellar Blade and Ronin were the only one that I can remember to be actually pretty darn good). Never was much of big deal, despite what retards tend to tell for the sake of warring. Even when Nintendo does it and end up being lame it still entertaiment to watch. So at this point I don't even watch State of Play anyomre, I just wait until someone post or create a thread about a game I might be looking foward. Not worth my time.

Topher

Gold Member
He said it was either a SoP or Showcase but that he was leaning towards a showcase. He never put it down as a fact.

Don't gaslight me, cunt

"The PlayStation Showcase is happening this month still apparently. But whether it's next week or the week after I honestly don't know. Could be the end of the month, but I won't be surprised this does actually happen next week, it could happen at any moment."

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm a VR guy so this is good for me. You dorks are going to be insufferable when they announce Astrobot is a VR game lol.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
PSVR games and whatever small Astro bot game they are releasing this fall.

I was hoping that after 4 years of no show, Bend, Sucker Punch and ND will show up with their new games. I was hoping to see Cory Barlog's new IP 6 years in the making. hoping to see Wolverine 2 years after it was revealed.

Don't gaslight me

"The PlayStation Showcase is happening this month still apparently. But whether it's next week or the week after I honestly don't know. Could be the end of the month, but I won't be surprised this does actually happen next week, it could happen at any moment."

I'm not gaslighting you i'm putting your little stank ass in its place

He said repetededly before then that he wasn't sure.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Hopefully there’s a consensus on what the ps5 pro is and they’re clear on that. A game announcement is probable.

Top Bottom