• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 09/10/09 – FIFA 10 Demo (EU)

Trophies being patched into Lemmings and flOw would definitely be good encouragement for me to make a purchase. I've been interested in both but not enough to nab them yet.

Speaking of procrastinating on a purchase, Twisted Metal 2 (PSone) - I just know that as soon as I buy it, they'll announce a new PS3 Twisted Metal.

P.S. this WipEout dynamic theme really rocks!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I cant get over how much fun Half-Minute Hero is. I wish the game was out now so I could spend the rest of the day playing it. Sigh.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Half Minute Hero has looked like my kind of game forever and have it pre-ordered at Amazon.

Just hope a new CFW comes out as I can't play the demo currently. :(

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Lion Heart said:
I've turned my system on three times since yesterday, the ticker is officially gone for good!
This is an overblown issue. Is it really that annoying? It's not, no matter what some say.

And when are the Lemmings/flow trophies coming?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
dallow_bg said:
Half Minute Hero has looked like my kind of game forever and have it pre-ordered at Amazon.

Just hope a new CFW comes out as I can't play the demo currently. :(
Ah that's too bad, cause I knew nothing about this game till the demo, and I immediately went to buy status.

Such a brilliant idea in that game. I have a smile on my face just thinking about it.

Full Recovery said:
what did you do to turn it off? time trick?
Nope. I turned it on yesterday, checked the NA store, logged off and on to the Euro store, downloaded Fifa, logged back onto my NA account and thats when I noticed it was gone. It could have been off before all that but I wasnt paying attention at the time. I'm thinking its just luck but maybe logging into different accounts can screw with the thing.

Belgand

LiquidMetal14 said:
This is an overblown issue. Is it really that annoying? It's not, no matter what some say.

It's not just an issue of annoyance -- and I find it very annoying -- but that Sony thinks it's acceptable to force advertising on us from the main menu. The old ticker at least allowed you to turn it on or off. If this could also be easily turned off by the user there wouldn't be any problem, otherwise it's the basically the same as those crappy full-motion ads with sound that cover up 1/3 of the screen to advertise another show in the middle of the TV show you're watching.

I'm already doing what you want, stop constantly trying to harass me to give you even more money.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Belgand said:
It's not just an issue of annoyance -- and I find it very annoying -- but that Sony thinks it's acceptable to force advertising on us from the main menu. The old ticker at least allowed you to turn it on or off. If this could also be easily turned off by the user there wouldn't be any problem, otherwise it's the basically the same as those crappy full-motion ads with sound that cover up 1/3 of the screen to advertise another show in the middle of the TV show you're watching.

I'm already doing what you want, stop constantly trying to harass me to give you even more money.
You don't have to give me money.

The ticker itself doesn't even occupy that much space. I hardly notice it in regular XMB browsing. I would understand if it took up the whole screen like forced ads but it's not.

gentlemanfinn

Neo Member
dose said:
Anyone posted this? Supercar Challenge beta codes up for grabs.
http://www.system3beta.com/
I believe it has online play.
There are 2664 codes left apparently.

Thanks, now 2481 left.

The eu playstation blog mentions a fat princess trial but I can't find it, neither on UK or DK store! I guess that is a good thing 'cause I don't have the money for the full game if I like it!

El-Suave

I hadn't heard of Half Minute Hero until I played the demo. What a nice little surprise this game is. I'm amazed it gets a retail release as well, that makes it easier to use as an import without switching profiles around.

KZObsessed

Some small info about PS1 game on EU stores:

PS Blog said:
Still don’t have specifics on MGS – but I am getting more hopeful :)

I am in total agreement, I am pushing for more PSOne Classics (both Sony published, and from other companies) to be released onto the store, but unfortunately for Europe there are a lot more issues regarding old PSOne titles than for other regions, mostly legal ones at that.

Sounds like we'll get MGS eventually but looks like they'll always be issues in regards to PS1 games releasing in Europe :(

Oni Jazar

Belgand said:
If this could also be easily turned off by the user there wouldn't be any problem, otherwise it's the basically the same as those crappy full-motion ads with sound that cover up 1/3 of the screen to advertise another show in the middle of the TV show you're watching.

Yes the small, slient ticker on the upper right hand corner of the screen is the same thing as a full motion ad with sound that covers up 1/3 of the screen.

Wowbagger

Sony's trophy server doesn't like the Lemmings trophies. :(

After earning my first, I now find that when clicking trophy icon, or my profile icon, trophies are synced with server every time. I get no error, but the Lemmings trophy does not show up in my online profile. If I manually sync with server, I get an error.

Wondering if it was a general problem, I earned a trophy in Wipeout and that registered online just fine. Still wants to sync every time and manual syncing gives error. I guess the trophy patch was released too soon and trophy server doesn't have an entry for Lemmings yet.

Oh, well. The game is great. I'd completely overlooked it until I read rumblings about a trophy patch, thinking it was just a PS1 title. What's up with the profile menu, though? My PS3 account is my profile, no? Why would I want several profiles for each system profile? Having to load an in-game profile to restore my progress every time I launch the game is silly. Is this common for early PSN titles?

MiamiWesker said:
Anyone have Blood Omen? Are the load times reduced?

I don't have the disc version but at least on the PSP (faster speeds enabled, btw why doesn't the PS3 emulator have that option?!) nearly all loading times are faster than on the PS3.
To open the start menu takes basically the same time, but area loading (including back from said start menu) is much faster on the PSP.

examples:
loading the same save game (first save point in the game):
PS3: 19 seconds
PSP: 12 seconds

opening the start menu/inventory:
PS3: 4 seconds
PSP: 4 seconds

going back to the game from the inventory:
PS3: 7 seconds

loading the next area from the first savepoint (=outside):
PS3: 9 seconds

Overall I don't think they are gamebreaking or anything? Maybe the menu loading gets annoying but you can use the Quick Access menu instead.

if someone cares, comparison times of the disc version running on PS3 (should be the same) and PS1 (longer than PS3?) would be interesting.

Aru

SolidusDave said:
I don't have the disc version but at least on the PSP (faster speeds enabled, btw why doesn't the PS3 emulator have that option?!) nearly all loading times are faster than on the PS3.
To open the start menu takes basically the same time, but area loading (including back from said start menu) is much faster on the PSP.

examples:
loading the same save game (first save point in the game):
PS3: 19 seconds
PSP: 12 seconds

opening the start menu/inventory:
PS3: 4 seconds

going back to the game from the inventory:
PS3: 7 seconds

loading the next area from the first savepoint (=outside):
PS3: 9 seconds

Overall I don't think they are gamebreaking or anything? Maybe the menu loading gets annoying but you can use the Quick Access menu instead.

if someone cares, comparison times of the disc version running on PS3 (should be the same) and PS1 (longer than PS3?) would be interesting.

Well if you turn off fast loading they should be the same. If the option works okay with the game, that's great.

Pallaris

Wowbagger said:
Sony's trophy server doesn't like the Lemmings trophies. :(

After earning my first, I now find that when clicking trophy icon, or my profile icon, trophies are synced with server every time. I get no error, but the Lemmings trophy does not show up in my online profile. If I manually sync with server, I get an error.

Wondering if it was a general problem, I earned a trophy in Wipeout and that registered online just fine. Still wants to sync every time and manual syncing gives error. I guess the trophy patch was released too soon and trophy server doesn't have an entry for Lemmings yet.

Oh, well. The game is great. I'd completely overlooked it until I read rumblings about a trophy patch, thinking it was just a PS1 title. What's up with the profile menu, though? My PS3 account is my profile, no? Why would I want several profiles for each system profile? Having to load an in-game profile to restore my progress every time I launch the game is silly. Is this common for early PSN titles?

Just popped in to post about this! having the same issue, it'll probably be sorted before long.

I thought It was weird the trophy patch was out without some kind of mention on either of the official blogs.

matmanx1

Legacy of Kain get!

One of my favorite PSOne games finally sees the light of day on the PSN. Exciting stuff! I'll probably end up getting Silent Hill after the Go comes out but for now I'm really thrilled to be playing as Kain again.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
dose said:
Anyone posted this? Supercar Challenge beta codes up for grabs.
http://www.system3beta.com/
I believe it has online play.
There are 2664 codes left apparently.

500 gone by the time I got there. 2164 or there about.

Grabbed one for myself, though I have to use my EU account to redeem the code. Oh well, after that I'll just use my US account. :lol

RandomVince said:
I still have the PS1 version so it didnt come to mind.

MGS1 looks great on PSP. I've only tried it with remote play though. I would have bought it so I could have played it on my PSP but it was never released here and I've since sold my PSP anyway.

spwolf

TheSeks said:
500 gone by the time I got there. 2164 or there about.

Grabbed one for myself, though I have to use my EU account to redeem the code. Oh well, after that I'll just use my US account. :lol

seemed fine, but i didnt try it with my wheel, so very limited fun :)

They fucked up with Juggernaut apparently, he's been pulled from the store for purchase and replaced with a free patch so you can play online with people that do have him.

kassatsu

Banned
hk.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week.

DEMOS

► FIFA 10 ( English Ver. )
○ 995 MB

GAMES

► Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords ( English | Japanese Ver. )
○ HK$ 118.00

► Texas Cheat'em ( English | Chinese | Korean Ver. )
○ HK$ 80.00

► PSP ( English Ver. )
○ Donkey Xote (HK$ 40.00)
○ Final Armada (HK$ 40.00)
○ Super Hind (HK$ 84.00)

ADD-ONS

► Dynasty Warriors Multi-Raid ( PSP | Chinese Ver. )
○ Add-on Content Ver. 21

► Red Faction Guerrilla ( English Ver. )
○ Multiplayer Pack (HK$ 54.00)

► Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 ( English Ver. )
○ Gary Player CC (HK$ 40.00)

VIDEOS

○ The Game Reveal Promotional Video

► Mobile Suit Gundam Battlefield Record U.C. 0081
○ Promotional Video

YoungHav

Banned
damn, Blood Omen's loading is a notch better than the original. Expected it to be a lot faster. lol nice revisiting the game, feels like I'm playing a PC game.

Top Bottom