• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

After playing PSVR at my cousins house a few weeks back, I'm totally hooked on it lol. I am going to Gamestop tomorrow and trade in my Xbox One for the PSVR+Until Dawn: Rush of Blood and maybe a few more VR games.

theyturkerjurbs

Neo Member
Loaded up Keep Talking last night, friend had the headset on and could see the bomb. The TV was saying to press X to show the manual but no matter how many times we pressed X, nothing happened. Restarted the game a few times but same problem.

Anyone experienced that before?

You need to get a second controller to control the TV manual. The VR player uses the first controller to manipulate the bomb ☺

crispyben

Just stick the wire in place in contact with the solder. e.g. strip a small section of the end of the wire so that a small amount is exposed (if it snapped/isn't already exposed) then carefully sticky tape it to the correct location being careful not to touch the wire on any other metallic points then bind with tight tape to keep it in place then carefully put back together.
Thanks for the advice, sounds like it's worth a shot. Can I use regular (office, sticky) tape for this? Because that's all I have. Or should I procure electrical tape?

Jetman

Anyone try Heroes of the Seven Seas yet? I expect it to be hot garbage, but for that price it has to have one or two redeeming qualities? Looks "kinda" fun?

Just brought a psvr which came with PlayStation worlds for free, 100% plan to buy superhot vr and already have battlezone

The summer deals look great - batman is a no brainer, until dawn sadly isn't on sale but I'll get that I'm sure.

What else should I pick up on the summer sales? Any one have any recommendations?

j^aws

Just brought a psvr which came with PlayStation worlds for free, 100% plan to buy superhot vr and already have battlezone

The summer deals look great - batman is a no brainer, until dawn sadly isn't on sale but I'll get that I'm sure.

What else should I pick up on the summer sales? Any one have any recommendations?

I picked up Polybius on sale.

Let me tell you that all the screenshots and YouTube videos are kinda underwhelming. But when put that headset on and start chaining speed ramps - Jeeeeeez - it will fry your mind.

Einstein once asked the question: What would it feel like if you were to chase a photon at the speed of light?... I think Jeff Minter has just demonstrated that...

Joystick

Thanks for the advice, sounds like it's worth a shot. Can I use regular (office, sticky) tape for this? Because that's all I have. Or should I procure electrical tape?

Office sticky tape is fine. I hope that you get it working without having to buy another one.

Got some more games in the summer sale today. Getting 4-5 VR games for the price of 1 standard game is really helping me catch up on all the PSVR games coming out lately. I've got about 25 VR games now, so starting to get a nice collection going on.

I picked up Tiny Trax, The Brookhaven Experiment, Dick Wilde, VR Invaders and Korix.

Tiny Trax is very addictive but hard to master, gonna take a lot of practice to get good at it.

Korix is basically Command & Conquer / Tower Defence mixed with Tron, very cool strategy game, pretty challenging too.

I love the table top game feel of them These types of game are really a great fit for VR, like Tethered. I can't wait for Dino Frontier too.

I got Brookhaven and Dick Wilde for the Aim support, really good wave based shooters from what I've played so far and it's nice to have more games for the Aim controller.

VR Invaders is a great arcade shooter, solid Move support, had a blast playing it.

shaneo632

PSVR-Gaf - how do you rate I Expect You to Die? £20 seems way too expensive for such a short game but I exploited that Amazon glitch the other day to get £84 of store credit for £50. Tempted...

I also bought Polybius, Fated: The Sacred Oath, Superhypercube and GNOG in the sale. Might pick up a few more in the week.

I picked up Polybius on sale.

Let me tell you that all the screenshots and YouTube videos are kinda underwhelming. But when put that headset on and start chaining speed ramps - Jeeeeeez - it will fry your mind.

Einstein once asked the question: What would it feel like if you were to chase a photon at the speed of light?... I think Jeff Minter has just demonstrated that...

yeah it's crazy. much easier than it looks though, it's pretty forgiving with collisions.. which i appreciate.

btw i think some of the trophies are glitched or the descriptions are wrong, i've done COW-rageous at least 5 times but it won't unlock.. so annoying.

Darknight

PSVR-Gaf - how do you rate I Expect You to Die? £20 seems way too expensive for such a short game but I exploited that Amazon glitch the other day to get £84 of store credit for £50. Tempted...

I also bought Polybius, Fated: The Sacred Oath, Superhypercube and GNOG in the sale. Might pick up a few more in the week.

I would only buy "I expect you to die" on a sale. Like maybe $10 USD.

Its fun the 1st time you do the missions and there are only like 4. Its very bare bones. Dont get me wrong, the 1st time playing the stages is fun but not full price fun.

Lately I've been buying these games on sale and I learnt my lesson. Bought Dirt Rally VR bundle almost $40USD and played a bit because its hard as hell. If i had waited, I could of had it for $20USD for the whole deluxe VR bundle.

So I suggest when "I expect you to die" to go on a 50%+ sale or VR games in general, specially if they are bare bones.

CEJames

After playing PSVR at my cousins house a few weeks back, I'm totally hooked on it lol. I am going to Gamestop tomorrow and trade in my Xbox One for the PSVR+Until Dawn: Rush of Blood and maybe a few more VR games.

Oh my. lol PSVR is honored. Welcome to the (V)Real World. :)

PartyChan

I was watching the TV from the side as my brother played Superhot this weekend.

He turned to stop an attacker to his right and legit punched me in the ear.

We had a good laugh.

He had somewhere to go and I told him we could stop at any time but, he had a hard time quitting until he beat whichever level he was on.

Good times.

shaneo632

I would only buy "I expect you to die" on a sale. Like maybe $10 USD.

Its fun the 1st time you do the missions and there are only like 4. Its very bare bones. Dont get me wrong, the 1st time playing the stages is fun but not full price fun.

Lately I've been buying these games on sale and I learnt my lesson. Bought Dirt Rally VR bundle almost $40USD and played a bit because its hard as hell. If i had waited, I could of had it for $20USD for the whole deluxe VR bundle.

So I suggest when "I expect you to die" to go on a 50%+ sale or VR games in general, specially if they are bare bones.

Yeah, makes sense. I hope it goes on sale soon, but at least I have a ton of other games to play until then.

Played some VR Karts. Pleasantly surprised! Looks fine. Love power sliding around corners, feels really good. Completed rookie cup, though not in first place. Tried multiplayer, but it did not find any other players :(
Not sure I could recommend VR Karts at its current UK price of £29.99, but would definitely recommend at half that price.

MattAces

Played some VR Karts. Pleasantly surprised! Looks fine. Love power sliding around corners, feels really good. Completed rookie cup, though not in first place. Tried multiplayer, but it did not find any other players :(
Not sure I could recommend VR Karts at its current UK price of £29.99, but would definitely recommend at half that price.
How many tracks are there? A lot?
I just don't get their intention honestly. It's a Gear VR enhanced port to vive and psvr. Vive cost $15 and psvr version is $30. They could've throw it at $10 and people will still buy it to have some community online race.

How many tracks are there? A lot?
I just don't get their intention honestly. It's a Gear VR enhanced port to vive and psvr. Vive cost $15 and psvr version is $30. They could've throw it at $10 and people will still buy it to have some community online race.

I've only seen 4 or 5 tracks so far and they all feel very samey. Mainly because they are all very flat.

shaneo632

Interesting to hear this opinion. I reviewed it and absolutely hated it. Was gobsmacked when I saw the price. I couldn't recommend people paying more than about £5 for it.

ckohler

That's unfortunate. Embargoes on release day always makes me skeptical about a game, especially when they're offering a pre-order incentive.

I watched Kyle Bossman of Easy Allies live stream it last night and he was really enjoying it. It looks pretty solid assuming you enjoy resource management games.

bumpkin

That's unfortunate. Embargoes on release day always makes me skeptical about a game, especially when they're offering a pre-order incentive.
I pre-ordered Dino Frontier as a direct result of how much I enjoyed Wayward Sky. I feel like Uber gets it, they know how to make a good looking, charming, fun to play PSVR game. It's my hope that the same love, care and quality carried over to Dino.

crispyben

Office sticky tape is fine. I hope that you get it working without having to buy another one.
Unfortunately that didn't pan out, so I just got a brand new pair... I'm having trouble setting up the olay area for Superhot VR, getting the camera to see the ground and my head at the same time seems impossible unless it's three meters high!

Joystick

Unfortunately that didn't pan out, so I just got a brand new pair... I'm having trouble setting up the olay area for Superhot VR, getting the camera to see the ground and my head at the same time seems impossible unless it's three meters high!

Damn on the retro fix.

You need more distance from the camera. The camera's view is conical so if you can get 8'/2.5m+ distance you should be ok. Use the "check your surroundings" video when launching the game to check if you can be seen head to toe.

Oh my. lol PSVR is honored. Welcome to the (V)Real World. :)

Fuck Gamestop right now. Went to go pick up my PSVR yesterday and trade in my Xbox One. They were testing it and said that they couldnt get any video output and sent me home without a trade in. Decided to try it out today and see if it works and Bam! The damn thing starts.

/rant

Anyways had a few of cousins at my house playing micks gunrange from 2pm to 10pm lol. Also preordered Dino Frontier so im super excited to play it tomorrow

Have a buddy that laminated the printed doc and uses dry erase markers with it....pretty clever.

My missus takes lots of notes in a pad whilst we play, a laminated doc is a great idea! Seems like the difficulty curve in this game is a bit extreme - we got through the needy bombs with just the two of us but needed 3 players working hard to get through the challenging section. Kinda limits how much you can play the game.

You don't need the camera to see the floor too, you can reach down and grab a gun without actually reaching it (doesn't always work as quickly as you'd like but does usually work as long as you're pointing at it). I have mine so it can see my moves when my hands are raised and lowered and it works pretty well (unless you forget yourself and take a few steps forward).

I rather like the way CastleStorm looks on PSVR. It's the same old game, sure. But the higher viewpoint and 3D really pull you into the world. Not really worth a purchase if you've already played it, but CastleStorm virgins could do worse than consider it.

shaneo632

Has anyone else tried Wipeout Omega Collection in cinematic mode? Holy shit that looks awesome, especially in cockpit view on the largest screen.

MattAces

PHEW, finally got a confirmation they are replacing my PSVR.
Thank god there wasn't any stupid policy about 2 or 3 dead pixel. I was fully prepared to escalate the issue.

I will be joining back you guys very soon.

Anyway for news update,
Gunheart Launch Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHww8UKRUKQ&t=0s
Was wondering how did they manage to finish the game so fast, turns out it's just an early access. Looks like the PSVR version will be coming later this year when it's finished. Also this is like their first time officially acknowledged a PSVR version.
Operation Warcade coming to PSVR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWNvHPKNEH8
Pretty interesting one, VR playing arcade.

Synth

Sorry it didn't work out.

ChouGoku

probably an hour into Theseus and its meh so far. What really shines in this game is the atmosphere, it really makes me want a VR remasters with God of War and Uncharted. VR is so atmospheric, entering towns and dungeons would be amazing with so many 3rd person games. The combat in this game lacks any weight and is boring so far, hopefully they add more to make it more fun.

Top Bottom