• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Well I just bought my Sony vr the other night and I'm hooked, really hoping for some big time announcements tonight. I was not a believer in vr until I finally tried it and it's pretty awesome.

There's a reason that people ask others if they've ever tried VR before when they're bashing it and calling it a "fad" or a "gimmick thats on the way out just like 3d"

It's because anyone that tries it immediately realizes how awesome it is and how stupid of a person you have to be to doubt it after experiencing it for yourself :p

The Dude

There's a reason that people ask others if they've ever tried VR before when they're bashing it and calling it a "fad" or a "gimmick thats on the way out just like 3d"

It's because anyone that tries it immediately realizes how awesome it is and how stupid of a person you have to be to doubt it after experiencing it for yourself :p

Happens to everyone every now and then in life

Freeman76

Thanks! I really thought about how if I were in that situation in real life I'd probably turn the gun on myself rather than continue on in that moment. I just put my back to a corner with my gun drawn, waiting for the moment to end somehow, for something to jump out at me as a final crescendo, but it just kept up the pressure until I forced myself to move on. It was a masterwork of fright the likes of which I haven't experienced before today.

Farpoint is DEFINITELY on my list but I have to get the Aim with it. I really want that gun, guys. Arizona Sunshine looks pretty neat, and I know it'll be better with a gun in my hands. I keep hoping I stumble on it in my area. Fingers crossed.

Dont expect anything like the level of immersion you get in Resi from Farpoint. Without the novelty of the aim controller the game would be a 5/10 at best. Its boring, the aim just makes it less so until you get over the initial buzz of feeling like you have a gun lol. Resi throws new surprises at you right til the end, its in a completely different league mate.

majik13

Dont expect anything like the level of immersion you get in Resi from Farpoint. Without the novelty of the aim controller the game would be a 5/10 at best. Its boring, the aim just makes it less so until you get over the initial buzz of feeling like you have a gun lol. Resi throws new surprises at you right til the end, its in a completely different league mate.

I dont know I have found Farpoint to be just as thrilling as Resi, obviously pretty different games, you dont get the fright and anxiety as Resi in Farpoint, but the gunplay, presentation and encounters are pretty top notch. But a lot of that would definitely be lost if you are just playing it with a DS4 I would assume..

beef3483

I dont know I have found Farpoint to be just as thrilling as Resi, obviously pretty different games, you dont get the fright and anxiety as Resi in Farpoint, but the gunplay, presentation and encounters are pretty top notch. But a lot of that would definitely be lost if you are just playing it with a DS4 I would assume..

Yeah, if you're playing with the Aim and standing up, it's pretty damn immersive. At least it was for me.

The level of hate for VR in the Sony stream thread is god damn upsetting / annoying.
Christ, just let them show their games, its not a long segment at all.

MattAces

The level of hate for VR in the Sony stream thread is god damn upsetting / annoying.
Christ, just let them show their games, its not a long segment at all.

What pisses me off the most is those are the people that says
>OMG VR IS DEAD, NO CONTENT.
>Content gets announced, "WELL TOILET BREAK"

majik13

Well wasnt too impressed by the VR showing. And doesnt seem to be free locomotion in Barvo Team... Moss might be cool, and Superhot will be fun.

Yep noticed the same thing, everyone was pissed they were showing VR in the main conference thread. I wanted more though.

MattAces

Well wasnt too impressed by the VR showing. And doesnt seem to be free locomotion in Barvo Team... Moss might be cool, and Superhot will be fun.

Yep noticed the same thing, everyone was pissed they were showing VR in the main conference thread. I wanted more though.

I get that skyrim is old bla bla bla, beating the dead horse, but come on, the hate is insane.

thill1985

Banned
Without elbow tracking, they'd have to rely on inverse kinematics to guess. It's arguably better to make the arms invisible than to frequently show them in the wrong location.

The forearms wouldn't have that issue though, right? Those are basically tied directly to the wrists.

Flandy

Seems Skyrim is probably a timed exclusive
Enjoy it my peeps. I'll have to wait around since I got rid of my PSVR for an Oculus ;_;

sniffy

Neo Member
So after a week of checking the major chains websites daily, the EB website is now showing a Farpoint + Aim bundle near here!! Just ordered and now crossing fingers for a pickup notification!

This plus a great showing for PSVR at E3 - what a day!

what was with the VR bashing in the sony conference thread? Didn't realize there was such a backlash.

I noticed that as well.

charpunk

That's why I just avoid most vr threads here now because outside of the oculus, vive, and this thread it's just a bunch of people trying to find any excuse to talk shit about vr.

I'm willing to bet the majority haven't even tried anything other than a gear vr.

Planet

PSVR was the absolute highlight regarding new content, because Sony already had so much content for 2D gaming. Great choice IMHO, so much new fodder. :]

BlackAlbatross

Neo Member
So happy for Skyrim. I played it for a couple hundred of hours but still can't wait for returning to it in vr. There was no date announced, right?

(and yes, so many sad and shortsighted people in the conference thread, I stopped reading the comments as soon as the vr part started....)

MattAces

That's why I just avoid most vr threads here now because outside of the oculus, vive, and this thread it's just a bunch of people trying to find any excuse to talk shit about vr.

I'm willing to bet the majority haven't even tried anything other than a gear vr.

I get that you can choose to not be interested in it, to each of their own right.
But holy shit, the amount of "JUST KILL VR ALREADY" is crazy. Youtube comments? Fine. But NeoGaf? I was expecting people will be much more matured here.

I know that I might be fanboying here, but as a huge PSVR fan and was really hyped with last year showing, this year killed me with those announcement.
I'm a huge Monster Hunter, God of War fan, so yea.

dmix90

Grammar mistakes but whatever i will post it anyway...

ETKyvFj.png

Don't get the hate.

MattAces

But hey, we can stop discussing about those and focus with the amount of games announced for PSVR. God damn I've never been so excited in a long time.

Superhot, Skyrim, Bravo Team (Aim controller)

Shoeless

I was pleasantly surprised by the length of the sizzle reel. And yeah, Skyrim totally caught me off guard. I wonder if they're going to just add that to the existing remaster, or make it a separate game?

Also intrigued by Inpatient. It's Supermassive, so I expect good things from it.

MattAces

I was pleasantly surprised by the length of the sizzle reel. And yeah, Skyrim totally caught me off guard. I wonder if they're going to just add that to the existing remaster, or make it a separate game?

Also intrigued by Inpatient. It's Supermassive, so I expect good things from it.

Supermassive is providing some crazy VR support for us, a total of 4 games by them so far.
Also Skyrim will most likely be a separate game.

Top Bottom