• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Chairhome

Spider-Man looked amazing and I hope they can find some way to put in a VR web swinging mode. But probably wishful thinking. Shooting webs with Move controllers would be great.

Glad there were some new VR games announced, i am happy the support is there

MattAces

I'd be more excited if it wasn't PvP only (as far as I know). Maybe there will be bots at least.

Congrats on your member status by the way!

Thanks a lot! Was kinda surprised that I manage to hit member with 300 post after seeing a lot of Juniors with thousands of posts, guess I'm very well behaved :)

Anyway this looks like a single player shooter with NPC. Weird that they didn't show any locomotion but I'm sure it's utilizing Aim controller, so movement should be there.

Have they talked about locomotion in Skyrim? I am hoping for full movement and turn controls (I have an iron VR stomach).

Thanks a lot! Was kinda surprised that I manage to hit member with 300 post after seeing a lot of Juniors with thousands of posts, guess I'm very well behaved :)
That's usually because they fucked up somewhere along the line. Don't fuck up!

Anyway this looks like a single player shooter with NPC. Weird that they didn't show any locomotion but I'm sure it's utilizing Aim controller, so movement should be there.
Oh that's cool. I must have mistaken it for another game.

I'm still a bit dismayed at the really obvious absence of cockpit games with a sustained single-player campaign. How was this not the FIRST thing that PSVR developers thought would be a good fit for the system?

Even Sony is keeping Colony Wars mothballed, it's kind of baffling.

Yep, a FPS mech game like Rigs with proper single player campaign like Farpoint seems like a no brainer to me. I played Farpoint standing, but I prefer seated experiences with PSVR. It is more comfortable, and I think that tracking works better when you are stationary and facing the camera. A seated mech game FPS would also have less motion sickness issues.

Darknight

Ahhh, that would be it. Weird that they are only showing one move controller.

I guess you may use the DS4 to move and Move to do the actions? You cant use 2 Move controls due to the full 360 movement seen on the trailer.

Sony is a bunch of dicks for not supporting the Navigation control.

CEJames

Spider-Man looked amazing and I hope they can find some way to put in a VR web swinging mode. But probably wishful thinking. Shooting webs with Move controllers would be great.

Glad there were some new VR games announced, i am happy the support is there

lol yeah, that would be interesting.

The vr hate on this forum is too much for me man

I checked the Sony conference thread just to see how strong the hate was and I was in disbelief. Gave me a headache.

Planet

Also was kinda taken aback by the level of disregard in the YouTube E3 after show. They talked about that there were hardly any new games announced, just SotC and MHW. As if the PSVR segment was cut out on their viewing.

And if you chat about that fact, people say stuff like "well, the gamers just don't care..." - that smells like self fulfilling prophecy.

I know non-vr owners are disappointed by the VR block in the conference. But man I am so glad Sony's is not gonna let the device die. Hyped for some of the upcoming games.

spectator

I'm a happy PSVR guy right now. I, too, never really played Skyrim (was about 2 hours into it when my 360 bit the dust). I'm intrigued by all the titles announced tonight and I can't wait for Superhot!, Raw Data and Doom VFR.

MattAces

I know non-vr owners are disappointed by the VR block in the conference. But man I am so glad Sony's is not gonna let the device die. Hyped for some of the upcoming games.

As everybody have said many times in here.
Announce VR game, KILL VR PLEASE
No announcement, SEE, VR DEAD, CLASSIC SONY.

ranmafan

Also let's not forget about that stupid FFXV Fishing game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfhme8oMIW8

I was that rare species who thoroughly enjoyed FFXV + always wanted a fishing game.
So I'm in, assuming this is in the season pass.

Yeah you know, I really don't care about all the smug commments I saw about it on all the news sites laughing about it, cause I'm absolutely up for a vr fishing game including one in the Final Fantasy XV world. Wasn't what I expected to be the vr experience for FFXV, but I'll take it. The video looked fun to me.

MattAces

Yeah you know, I really don't care about all the smug commments I saw about it on all the news sites laughing about it, cause I'm absolutely up for a vr fishing game including one in the Final Fantasy XV world. Wasn't what I expected to be the vr experience for FFXV, but I'll take it. The video looked fun to me.

YES! I would've take it even if it's a random fishing game, but in the world of FFXV? What a bonus!

ranmafan

YES! I would've take it even if it's a random fishing game, but in the world of FFXV? What a bonus!

Absolutely agreed. It's a great bonus and a great idea for a vr game.

Really this E3 has been a treat for psvr for sure. So many interesting games being announced, including dream games. It's very exciting. Makes me very glad that PSVR is getting the care it deserves, but certainly is a shame hearing all the negativity from some about the announcements for all the games. Makes no sense to me. These are great announcements.

But now this all makes me even more excited about what could happen at TGS. Here in Japan PSVR is a such a big hit you still can't buy one outside of the scalpers, and so many people I know want one, especially after trying mine. I can't imagine what interesting and awesome games could be unveiled at TGS from the Japanese developers.

Really the excitement right now for psvr is just off the scales for me! Great times!

majik13

Superhot, Skyrim, Bravo Team (Aim controller)

I just wish Bravo Team had full free movement. Run and gun with cover, etc, but doesnt seem to be the case. Looks like you can only move to predetermined cover unfortunatly. Kinda dissappointed Sony didnt really show much AIM support overall(besides this). Also the game looked kinda dull visually. Otherwise this is the type of game of most looking forward to.
Mostly I just want R6: Seige VR. Or just some really polished online VR shooter. At least there is a dev posted a few pages back that looks to be making something like that. But the dev is an unknown and who knows when or if it will actually release.

I was pleasantly surprised by the length of the sizzle reel. And yeah, Skyrim totally caught me off guard. I wonder if they're going to just add that to the existing remaster, or make it a separate game?

It being Bethesda, and Fallout 4 VR being a full priced stand alone game, Im gonna guess Skyrim VR will be too.

Also where the fuck is DREAMS(i know there isnt any VR announced but still) and Golem?

And intresting observations about Skyrim. I wonder if they will do locomotion how Golem does it, where its determined by head tilt? If there isnt some new accessory.

MattAces

I just wish Bravo Team had full free movement. Run and gun with cover, etc, but doesnt seem to be the case. Looks like you can only move to predetermined cover unfortunatly. Kinda dissappointed Sony didnt really show much AIM support overall(besides this). Also the game looked kinda dull visually. Otherwise this is the type of game of most looking forward to.
Mostly I just want R6: Seige VR. Or just some really polished online VR shooter. At least there is a dev posted a few pages back that looks to be making something like that. But the dev is an unknown and who knows when or if it will actually release.

It being Bethesda, and Fallout 4 VR being a full priced stand alone game, Im gonna guess Skyrim VR will be too.

Hmm where did you get the impression of Bravo Team being teleport? I'm pretty positive it's a free movement considering they are pushing the Aim controller with it.

Also more info on bravo team from their facebook.
Bravo Team is an immersive, first-person cover shooter built for co-op and coming out Holiday 2017 for PlayStation VR.

majik13

Hmm where did you get the impression of Bravo Team being teleport? I'm pretty positive it's a free movement considering they are pushing the Aim controller with it.

Also more info on bravo team from their facebook.
I didnt say teleport, but predetermined cover. They never show you moving and shooting at the same time. To me, being a pessmist here. It looks like you sort of select cover, then you character automatically moves to it. Then you start shooting from cover in a fixed position. Rinse and repeat. Sort of like Time Crisis, but obviously not linear or on rails. Id love to be proven wrong though hopefully.

MattAces

I didnt say teleport, but predetermined cover. They never show you moving and shooting at the same time. To me, being a pessmist here. It looks like you sort of select cover, then you character automatically moves to it. Then you start shooting from cover in a fixed position. Rinse and repeat. Sort of like Time Crisis, but obviously not linear or on rails. Id love to be proven wrong though hopefully.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...-announced-for-ps-vr-from-supermassive-games/

Finally more official info, still nothing about movement, hmm.

Loudninja

All PSVR games announced so far at E3

PSVR:
The Inpatient
Skyrim VR
Moss
Bravo Team
SUPERHOT VR
Star Child
SPARC
DOOM VFR
Final Fantasy XV: Monster of the Deep
Transference
Raw Data

All PSVR games announced so far at E3

PSVR:
The Inpatient
Skyrim VR
Moss
Bravo Team
SUPERHOT VR
Star Child
SPARC
DOOM VFR
Final Fantasy XV: Monster of the Deep
Transference
Raw Data

Got it, won't update OP till E3 is over to see if more gets announced tomorrow.

So we're all getting a team going on bravo team right?

Hell yeah, just got my PSVR back from Sony and will buy Aim Bundle soon. Woot!

kyser73

It's s forlorn hope I know, but maybe this E3 will give some people pause about questioning the medium's viability & Sony's support going forward.

Ah, who am I trying to kid.

Chris_C

E3 was going to decide whether or not I'd keep my PSVR (moving country and it'll be a pain to take fit with me). Glad to say that Skyrim single handedly made me decide to keep it. Played 10/ hours but never finished it, and never played any of the DLC. I'd also gladly spend time in that world over the Fallout 4 world. Can't wait till we get a release date.

Aside from that, Moss looked great as well. Disappointed that The Inpatient is a horror title as I can't handle those in VR, but I'm pleased to see support for the platform.

Now... What's happening with Dreams?

Taker666

I was wondering about Dreams as well...I thought for sure it would be 2017.

Also surprised Star Wars Battlefront II VR content wasn't shown/officially announced.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Skyrim done properly for VR is a dream come true. Amazing.

Popup

After we heard about Fallout and the reality sunk in that it was not coming to PSVR, I was secretly wishing for Skyrim or Oblivion. I hope we can get some sort of response on how it will work with controllers etc.

Shame about all the VR Virgins and their hostility toward it but it makes me smile. I was just like that before I experienced it.

It's that lack of understanding about what it's really all about that is the most dangerous thing as far as the future of VR.

MattAces

Just want to point out, don't forget that whatever first/second party revealed just now was ALL new stuff and unexpected announcement.

Those we were expecting didn't show up.
- London studios new vr game
- Manchester studios vr game(s)
- Santa Monica's vr game
- from softwares vr game

There's still a second storm incoming :)

Just want to point out, don't forget that whatever first/second party revealed just now was ALL new stuff and unexpected announcement.

Those we were expecting didn't show up.
- London studios new vr game
- Manchester studios vr game(s)
- Santa Monica's vr game
- from softwares vr game

There's still a second storm incoming :)

I just can't believe Supermassive Games is working on 3 games, like I did not expect that!

Top Bottom