• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

NewDust

I was pleasantly surprised by the length of the sizzle reel. And yeah, Skyrim totally caught me off guard. I wonder if they're going to just add that to the existing remaster, or make it a separate game?

Also intrigued by Inpatient. It's Supermassive, so I expect good things from it.

I hope it's an update, or upgrade a la Dirt Rally. If this is a new release, I might be done with Bethesda.

MattAces

So Skyrim VR will be a full game with all DLC.
Move controller confirmed. No price yet.

Still blows my mind this is happening on PSVR.

gpn

I was keeping my fingers crossed for a Fallout 4 PSVR announcement, but alas it looks like it's not happening. Skyrim VR is a nice consolation though.

Where's my FF XV Driving with Cindy VR game?

Afrikan

No thread for Bravo Team?

Man I know PC gamers already have their first person competitive shooters... so glad there is one for PS4.

Expecting Aim Controller support...man can't wait!

charpunk

Has it officially been said that Sony has timed exclusivity on skyrim? I love my psvr and all but I'd rather play this on either of the pc headsets.

Plasma

Banned
Bravo Team looked interesting it reminds me a bit of Hybrid which was a cover shoot that you had to tactically manoeuvre around from point to point to flank the other the team.

Skyrim will be good as well I don't care how old it is or how many times I've played it, exploring that world in VR and using the move controllers to swing swords and aim bows is going to be great.

Planet

I played a lot of Fallout 4, but I never played Skyrim. To me, this is the perfect match of Bethesda VR content.

Wonder how they manage to fine tune the engine for PSVR, and how the gameplay will be tweaked to suit the new perspective.

MattAces

I played a lot of Fallout 4, but I never played Skyrim. To me, this is the perfect match of Bethesda VR content.

Wonder how they manage to fine tune the engine for PSVR, and how the gameplay will be tweaked to suit the new perspective.

Ayy! same boat, played FO4 and never got pass through 2 hours of Skyrim, so this is the greatest thing for me.

Skyrim and Superhot VR made my day!

Any thoughts about making a thread just about PSVR games announced at E3? Or would it be a shitshow. It would be nice having it organized all in one place though.

Also someone pointed out something suspicious from reddit, the boxart only shows one move controller with a mysterious peripheral at the back. Might be navigation controller?
https://content.bethsoft.com/bsw_cms_asset/95777_27_2.png

Looks to me like a blue Dualshock 4. But why they would show that I don't know. I guess for locomotion?

MattAces

Any thoughts about making a thread just about PSVR games announced at E3? Or would it be a shitshow. It would be nice having it organized all in one place though.

Looks to me like a blue Dualshock 4. But why they would show that I don't know. I guess for locomotion?

I've tried zooming in a lot, the best way to describe it is a blue colored minecraft creeper face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nDdbO7X4Jk&t=0s
Let's not forget about a PROPER GOOD LOOKING MILITARY SHOOTER.

Skyrim was my most wished game on PSVR. I am so hyped right now!!!

Besides Skyrim, we get Raw Data, Superhot, and Arizona Sunshine. Impatient, Moss, Bravo Team, and StarChild also looked interesting.

New Farpoint DLC is coming in June too!

It is a great time to be a PSVR owner.

I am a bit disappointed that we did not see Sony Santa Monica VR project, Battlefront VR, and Ace Combat, but with Skyrim VR announcement, I really do not care much.

ranmafan

Very happy with the news today. Wanted to try superhot so I'm so glad that was announced. But the announcement of Skyrim VR was something I dreamed of being announced but didn't think would happen. So glad I was wrong. I can't wait to play that! All the games announced are exciting but Skyrim VR is going up high on my anticipated list for sure!

MattAces

Watching some "conference review", as expected, VR is always their negative points, they don't care, bla bla bla.

I kind of understand, if you are really trying to hate VR or Japanese games, this is really a bad conference.

This is the year-of-dream conference for me. VR, MH, GOW.

Kyolux

Well guys VR is DEAD.

There was no VR games ann-.

Oh wait there were more new VR games announced than anything else.

Seriously pleased with the future of PSVR.

Not gonna list everything again. But looking forward to most everything coming. Now will just need to actually find time for these games.

Skyrim on PS VR is huge.

Shoeless

I'm still a bit dismayed at the really obvious absence of cockpit games with a sustained single-player campaign. How was this not the FIRST thing that PSVR developers thought would be a good fit for the system?

Even Sony is keeping Colony Wars mothballed, it's kind of baffling.

MattAces

Glad VR got a good showing during E3. Now drop the price a bit and I'm in :)

Even though I'm not a stakeholder or developer of Sony or any VR company, it always makes me feel happy to see people diving into VR, giving it a chance instead of joining the "VR IS GIMMICK, KILL IT PLEASE" group.

PSVR E3 thread or a daily roundup post in this thread is a great idea. We can also have general PSVR/Oculus/Vive at E3 roundup thread. Hopefully, people would be less inclined to shitpost if it is not just PSVR.

MattAces

And yea, I agree on the thread thing, just make one to sum up all the games announced including Raw Data, No Heroes VR and others.

Also update from Rom
19095395_1580329865331963_8881498360034192448_o.jpg

Tiktaalik

Moss looked good, but in general that was a pretty big disappointment as a VR owner.

More shooters and horror games aren't going to cut it. I want to see a lot more product out there.

I don't care about Skyrim at all.

dmix90

Holy hell. I actually never finished Skyrim and not even touched any DLC. This is going to be glorious. I wonder if they will implement voice recognition so you can shout Fus-ro-dah in headset mic lol. Probably not cause Jaguar will die but that would be cool.

On a side note, I was watching IGN coverage of E3 today, and there were zero mentions of PSVR games on their stream after Sony presser. They talked about everything but PSVR games. It is like the VR segment and Skyrim VR announcement never happened...

Does IGN hate VR or something? I thought that the press is supposed to cover everything...

MattAces

On a side note, I was watching IGN coverage of E3 today, and there were zero mentions of PSVR games on their stream after Sony presser. They talked about everything but PSVR games. It is like the VR segment and Skyrim VR announcement never happened...

Does IGN hate VR or something? I thought that the press is supposed to cover everything...

Just look at the amount of reviews for VR games from Gamespot, IGN or any media at all. They just don't care at all.

Quonny

I was nervous before E3 but honestly the most exciting announcements all E3 have been for VR. This is fantastic. I'm so happy.

beef3483

Yup. Made a mental note to ignore IGN for another year. They have been really bad at covering VR, and I hope it comes back to bite them in the ass down the line.

Good thing is that we have the dedicated VR sites to go to.

I never play skryim so I'm beyond hyped for skyrim vr. Omg

I played Oblivion and Fallout 3 to death, but I only played a few hours of Skyrim due to not having much free time when the game was released. Eventually, I decided to hold out for Special Edition version, and then, a potential VR version. I am so hyped right now. I love VR and open world RPGs!

Top Bottom