• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

The Dude

Like what was your typical symptoms guys, did they last any?

Basically I'm ok when playing, however in game when I turn my head to fast to much I get a little dizzyish... And the other day I did feel a bit nauseated after i played.

I played about an hour today tho and it wasn't as bad really, but I hope it continues to get better.

Quonny

Mine never lasted more than ten minutes or so, but those ten minutes were rough. Just general nausea and not wanting to move.

Basically I'm ok when playing, however in game when I turn my head to fast to much I get a little dizzyish... And the other day I did feel a bit nauseated after i played.

I played about an hour today tho and it wasn't as bad really, but I hope it continues to get better.
Dizzyness,nauseated with a minor headache. All gone now I play it so much.

beef3483

They have already said there will be full movement. How they are gonna pull it off is anyone's guess though. But we could see it in the trailer.

Full movement with Moves? I had assumed we'd get full movement with dual shock controls, but I'd like to know if they will do it with moves. All E3 videos using Moves show teleportation.

Yea sounds about what I have a bit, minor headache. But good to know that hopefully it'll get better the more I played.

The battlefront vr mission I think really topped me off yesterday lol
O dude that one is terrible. Werewolves within I put a lot of time in,moved on to Batman than driveclub than rigs and than resident evil and by that time I was playing regularly no problems

beef3483

Yea sounds about what I have a bit, minor headache. But good to know that hopefully it'll get better the more I played.

Yeah, good to start with static games then slowly acclimate to ones with movement. Also, try different control modes to see what you like. If smooth makes you feel funny, try snap turning or vice versa. Me personally, I use snap turning for games with movement, but it's different for everybody.

Shoeless

Yeah, I've taken a few friends through that who were fine UNTIL they tried looping or barrel rolling, then they started feeling it.

Wow, as funny as he usually is, he speaks something wise too huh.

PnEhMyn.png

Also another tweet from Bethesda :
It's been fun bringing our style of games to VR. We plan on supporting as many platforms as we can.
https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/874700610892832769

Seems like they weren't confident enough to announce FO4 PSVR because they are still testing/experimenting optimization stuff?

This makes me really hoping they bring FO4 to PSVR. I don't care if it is everyones least favorite, I just want to explore the waste in VR and shoot some ghouls

Grinchy

Banned
Mmm that Skyrim gameplay looked sweet. It'll work a lot better when you aren't cramped in a tiny room turned almost 90 degrees away from the camera, too.

I am just surprised it got the full Move controller treatment after all. When they showed the trailer, it just looked like standard controller gameplay and I got worried that it was going to be a bit of a lazy conversion.

Shoeless

Mmm that Skyrim gameplay looked sweet. It'll work a lot better when you aren't cramped in a tiny room turned almost 90 degrees away from the camera, too.

I am just surprised it got the full Move controller treatment after all. When they showed the trailer, it just looked like standard controller gameplay and I got worried that it was going to be a bit of a lazy conversion.

I'd still prefer if they include both options, especially if DS4 controls have full, free, traditional movement.

Did anyone battle some nausea early on?

I did. I will have to battle it again I guess, since I haven't played a VR game since 3-4 weeks now. The lack of HDR is a bummer. Currently playing Injustice 2 so switching between that VR box and direct HDMI to TV is boring. So switched off that VR box completely. Sony dropped the ball on HDR support.

Kyolux

The reveal trailer had free-floating hands, it was clear just from that that move support was in. ;)

majik13

Full movement with Moves? I had assumed we'd get full movement with dual shock controls, but I'd like to know if they will do it with moves. All E3 videos using Moves show teleportation.

Wonder if they will allow DS4 in left hand and Move in right. Its possible but might be a tad uncomfortable.

Kyolux

Wonder if they will allow DD4 in left hand and Move in right. Its possible but might be a tad uncomfortable.

Has a released game ever implemented the lean forward to advance, etc. that they talked about for Golem's development?

I could see that work-ish maybe?

majik13

Has a released game ever implemented the lean forward to advance, etc. that they talked about for Golem's development?

I could see that work-ish maybe?

Mmm dont think so, and havent heard that technique much talked about since when it was mentioned for Golem like what seems a year ago.

Whatever happened to that supposed VR game? You know, the one that was built from stuff from a God of War VR demo? This one

It's build upon the experiences the studio made with a God of War VR demo. But it's not longer a GOW game.

The setting was rebooted with ideas and material from a canceled sci fi project. You play as a space merc that hunts down giant beasts for cash but crash lands on a strange planet on the outskirts of our universe. A interplanetary military corporation digs there in old ruins and awakes a race of alien cyborgs that go rampage.

You fight different types of soldiers, the cyborgs creatures and their beats. Some of them are hundreds of feet high.

Weapons? You get different pistols, rifles, a plasma cannon, a rail gun and a big ass rocket launcher. There are melee weapons too: A knife, a laser sword and a electrical whip.

It's a full blown game with nearly 8 hours of campaign and numerous different settings like a jungle, ancient ruins, a military base, a alien spaceship and something that looks like a flying island inside a space vortex.

Was waiting for it and it never happened. Meh. Hopefully at PSX

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
The VR stuff really made my E3. Doom, Skyrim, Inpatient, Bravo Squad, a few others that are slipping my mind. Bravo to Sony for putting their money where their mouths are! Kaz's tweet is spot-on.

Thumper is on sale. Bought it for PC when it was released as it was hailed as a "Rhythm Violence"game with Cosmic Horror overtones. I haven't really played a rhythm game before, but I'm a huge Cosmic Horror nerd. It was a cool experience but it left me thinking that I've got no rhythm and maybe those games aren't for me.

For shits and giggles, and due to the sale, I picked it up because it seemed it would be an interesting VR experience. It's a game which seems counterintuitive to VR, as you HAVE to be staring forward with constant concentration and intensity. It's a very immediate experience! I'm a busy dude so I haven't had tons of time to try it but I do recommend it. It's an amazing world to find yourself in. You're being assaulted aurally and visually from the jump and the game expands to fill as much of your consciousness as you're willing to give it.

Rhythm Violence was an interesting turn of phrase to classify this game, as it's an extremely apt one. You're slamming into walls, sparks flying everywhere, percussion detailing your exploits alongside the visuals, and it can definitely seem overwhelming at times.

The game, at least so far, is surprisingly respectful of the player's time. Autosaves are common and levels are blissfully short, and you won't find yourself ever losing too much progress (unless shit goes real sideways later on and I'm not to those points yet).

On PC I don't know that my kids and I ever even got to the first boss. We kinda screwed around with it, acknowledged it was cool, and moved on. Last night both my eldest daughter and I got to the first boss and our reactions were akin to "Wtf?!" It's the kind of experience where playing in VR gave us "new eyes" with which to see the game. Outside of the helmet, the game wasn't so enthralling that we kept playing, inside of the helmet though, is a whole other kettle of fish.

I know the game gets a lot of props, but it's like 40% off as I write this, and you ought to give it a go even if these types of games aren't your bag.

MattAces

Some news update on Bravo Team
Confirmed the game is literally Time Crisis, you will choose cover spot and your character will run there, the rest of the covering mechanic is just depend on your movement, so hiding behind the walls and stuff.

This is the most Time Crisis game we will be getting.

iratA

Just thought I'd chime in and let everyone know I've been having a great time and quite a few laughs with people playing Star Trek Bridge Crew.

On paper this game didn't sound very fun or interesting to me, I picked it up because of other peoples/youtuber's positive impressions. I can honestly say now that I see what all the fuss is about. Solo this game is merely ok/good but online, with some well mannered, happy people (even randoms) This game is a real blast.

To be honest I couldn't stop grinning for about two hours whilst I was playing. You have to communicate as a team and I found myself naturally role-playing as others were. Just talking about things that come up during the course of the mission that you, well, have to talk about, like; Engine Power, Shields, plotting courses, charging warp coils etc. all add to the immersion. A real gem and with the right people the immersion goes through the roof. Looking forward to many future games with this title. Highly recommended and super glad I picked this one up.

Also its a nicely paced game from what I can see, with a mix of higher octane moments, including space battles and slower moments which allow for some idle chit chat and jokes. 8.5 from me, but some social type Trekkies would probably die and go to heaven with this one.

Experien

Confirmed the game is literally Time Crisis, you will choose cover spot and your character will run there, the rest of the covering mechanic is just depend on your movement, so hiding behind the walls and stuff.

PLEASE tell me it uses the AIM.

MattAces

Skyrim VR news update, apparently the game is still very early in development, so the whole Move controller locomotion is still in experiment and they can't comment on what the movement options will be.

iratA

Yes this is what most people seem to feel, after a while your brain starts to adapt. The term "getting your VR legs" refers to this. My mates after coming over to play VR quite a bit, are all much better and suffer very little or no motion sickness now.

Skyrim VR news update, apparently the game is still very early in development, so the whole Move controller locomotion is still in experiment and they can't comment on what the movement options will be.

Is it the full Skyrim game in VR, though? That's my big question. Skyrim seems like it would take FOREVER to beat in VR without murdering your eyes

iratA

That's fine. So long as there are 'OPTIONS'

Wollan

Waiting in Bethesda VR line now. They have four stations. You can choose between Skyrim PSVR, Fallout and Doom (last two on Vive).

PSVR social screen makes it much easier to observe compared to PC where it's super squished.

MattAces

Waiting in Bethesda VR line now. They have four stations. You can choose between Skyrim PSVR, Fallout and Doom (last two on Vive).

PSVR social screen makes it much easier to observe compared to PC where it's super squished.

Make sure you push whichever developer is standing there to spill the beans of locomotion, maybe other guy will have more information.

MattAces

Second update for Skyrim VR
Played using two PS Move controllers so teleportation and snap turning was my only movement option. The representative that showed me the demo explained that with the DualShock 4 they have smooth movement and are trying to figure out a way to enable that for Move as well.
The representative also told me they are trying to find a way to enable voice commands for shouts, something I requested almost immediately.
https://uploadvr.com/elder-scrolls-skyrim-vr-preview/

Kyolux

Good find, this is good enough for me even if move controller only has teleportation. I'll try both and see which I enjoy more. Throwing spells with my hands is really tempting despite teleport.

Yeah 2 handed combat is a must imo. So I'll take it with tp if it ends up being the only option. But hope they do something else.

That sounds totally rad to me. I love light gun games, and there's no reason why there shouldn't be 'light gun games' in VR in addition to games with full locomotion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAWlpTW5J-M

Moss preview, you do control that rat.
Holy crap this game looks REALLLY good.

At first I was a bit meh about it but after hearing how the mouse Quill has a personality of their own and interacts with the player I thought this was a great use of VR. Apparently the story of the game is focused around this concept and that the developers aim is to try and create a bond between you an the main character so they aren't just a avatar you are controlling. Plus combat, environment based puzzles, what seem like boss battles, and nice visuals it has quickly become one of my favourite games announced at E3 so far.

Top Bottom