• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

FDC1

Superhot VR is up for pre-order in Europe with a nice 20% PS+ discount (19.99€ or 31.99€ in bundle with the "regular" version)

Edit: Tiny Trax has been added too.

Think I finally got Arizona Sunshine to work fairly well with the moves. It's still a bit of pain and the game is harder than it should be since my bullets are just whizzing by all the zombies' heads. I'm tempted to hold off on playing more to see if they can improve the tracking.

I've got zero problems with using the moves with Dick Wilde so it's not an issue with my setup I think.

Well remember trophies don't show up while playing in vr for all vr games but you will hear the trophy sound saying you got one. The game has a ton of trophies and some are pretty frustrating to get cause you have to keep doing things over and over again to get them. And when you run out of items that start specia events you have to earn those events the hard way. Still it is an interesting title. Kinda wanna try out the new version sometime in the future too

I bought the new one in the japanese psn store and had the expectation, that the japanese version will have english subs, just like the asian version of the game. But nope, japanese only.
And I really would have liked to tutor Ms. Snow.

MattAces

Alright, just sacrificed my Injustice 2 copy in preparation for more VR games. Kind of sad actually, but VR games has higher priority :(

Superhot VR is up for pre-order in Europe with a nice 20% PS+ discount (19.99€ or 31.99€ in bundle with the "regular" version)

Couldn't find tiny trax, how much is it?
Also Superhot VR will be $25 after all huh. Was expecting them to release it at $20 considering how old it is.

mattmanp

Does it list a release date and is 19.99 before or after discount? Thanks!

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Man, can't wait to start Farpoint tonight. Beat Arizona Sunshine. Damn, what a game that is with the Aim. Warts and all, it was a helluva ride.

MattAces

I added the info, sadly that makes it $41 without discount (if there is €/$ parity)

Ahh damn it, if it's 16 euro then it will be $20 for sure. Hate Eu store, prices are always random. But if it's 16 or 17 euro, then it will be $20.
Now I can only just pray that there will be discount for all users or some sort of 10% discount code from newsletter.

FDC1

ranmafan

I bought the new one in the japanese psn store and had the expectation, that the japanese version will have english subs, just like the asian version of the game. But nope, japanese only.
And I really would have liked to tutor Ms. Snow.

Yeah that's how it usually is with games released in Japan first then ported. While a large number of games these days are thankfully multilanguage here now, some still don't get that luxury. Especially bandai/namco related games. Would've been nice to have the subs added in via a patch but for me it wasn't a problem since I can speak Japanese. Still a very nice game. One day I'll get back to it and finish the trophies.

Edit: oh, they're actually part of the list, sorry. That's weird because the dates don't match, it feels like if they have added the preorder discounts even if there is no relation to the sale (pretty sure Pyre already had a discount before this sale by exemple)

Could be the case but there are quite a few games that have a plus discount on the EU store and don't in the US. The different region stores are run completely differently, so much so they could almost be classed as different companies.

MattAces

Could be the case but there are quite a few games that have a plus discount on the EU store and don't in the US. The different region stores are run completely differently, so much so they could almost be classed as different companies.

Yea tell me about it. The South East Asia store is missing up to around 60 titles now. While the China store only has 25 VR titles, Japan with a shit bunch of experience/games that didn't get a release in any other region.
The biggest insult was they had a pre-release PSVR press conference and they talk about how they are committed into bringing every titles across the world day one to Asia region.

ckohler

I have a couple of questions:

Driveclub VR Does the release version look any better than the demo? I'm not a driving game fan but I'm still kinda curious about this as a VR experience.

Eve Is this very good? I'm not into PvP games but I do like space games. I heard people saying this was good but Ild like to know why.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Is it even possible to buy Farpoint bundle without paying exorbitant markup prices on Amazon?

The cheapest I found is an aim controller only for $108 from Japan. That seems way too much considering the bundle in US was less than that, no?

darkwing

Driveclub VR Does the release version look any better than the demo? I'm not a drink game fan but I'm still kinda curious about this as a VR experience.

Eve Is this very good? I'm not into PvP games but I do like space games. I heard people saying this was good but Ild like to know why.

there is an playlist in Eve to have coop vs AI instead, you still get same points, and don't worry about the online community, it is cross play and has bots when there is not enough players

bumpkin

Has there been any buzz/impressions of Tiny Trax? I'm moderately curious about it. The VR games that do the diorama trick like Tethered are really neat.

MattAces

Has there been any buzz/impressions of Tiny Trax? I'm moderately curious about it. The VR games that do the diorama trick like Tethered are really neat.
Repost :

Hands On: Starting Our Engines with Tiny Trax on PlayStation VR
The gameplay of Tiny Trax is – much akin to Velocity 2X – quite easy to pick up, but quite difficult to master. The controls are pretty simple – hold down the trigger to go, and use the stick to drift turns – but the main hook of the gameplay comes from these drifts. When coming around a corner, moving the stick will extend or compress a little green half circle gauge, and your job is to keep the tip of it inside a small sweet spot. As you do so, a boost gauge will fill which you can use at any time with the press of a button to get the edge over your opponents.
What's striking about this set up is how intuitive it feels. Rotating the stick as you come into turns feels natural, and the feeling of perfectly nailing a drift and rocketing out of the turn with a speed boost is simply euphoric. But it's certainly not easy. Rotate too short or far, and your car will stall on the turn and lose a considerable bit of speed, and it took us a few rounds to get the feel for the turn.
This particular writer doesn't own a PlayStation VR headset, but Tiny Trax certainly has made him consider picking one up. It's not the kind of game that you would expect to play on a VR platform and that's exactly why it's so compelling. From its tight gameplay to its awe-inspiring visuals, Tiny Trax is shaping up to be a must-have game for PSVR and certainly seems to be a worthy follow up to the sublime Velocity 2X.
large.jpg

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017..._our_engines_with_tiny_trax_on_playstation_vr

MattAces

I watch a lot of Achievement Hunter content, but always avoided the VR series just in case I get to play it one day. Since I've finished the first area of AS, I decided to give it a watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnJiQIVUnlQ

Considering the PC version is the source material, I would say yea, the PSVR port is really fantastic. Sadly all of those animation bugs and other bugs were being ported too. The have a part 2 video, which is even buggier than this.

Ogni-XR21

Driveclub VR Does the release version look any better than the demo? I'm not a driving game fan but I'm still kinda curious about this as a VR experience.

The demo is visually the same as the full game. I never had a problem with the graphics, one of my most played VR games. Sometimes I would just pop in some album I love or start spotify and just run time trials for hours.

As far as I know there is no noticeably improvment with a Pro but I don't have one, so maybe someone else can comment on this.

RobotVM

I got a PSVR on Monday and bought RE7, Eve Valkyrie, and Until Dawn. Now I have a 10 psn credit to buy another game which game should I buy in that price range?

Just had such a bad experience with Job Simulator. The game world kept moving back and forth constantly and the tracking absolutely sucked. I did all of the troubleshooting that you can do and nothing worked. This kind of game isn't cut out for the PSVR at all. Really souring me on the entire product.

ckohler

Just had such a bad experience with Job Simulator. The game world kept moving back and forth constantly and the tracking absolutely sucked. I did all of the troubleshooting that you can do and nothing worked. This kind of game isn't cut out for the PSVR at all. Really souring me on the entire product.

Blame a bad port of Job Simulator for this. I've tried it multiple times, with different PSVR setups, and even at different locations and it has always had bad world wobble with that game.

However, I can play a dozen other PSVR games just fine with zero wobble, including hours of RE7, Windlands, etc.

ChouGoku

Arizona sunshine is so much better with the moves, this shit is so fun. I feel like such a bad ass shooting these zombies down

Blame a bad port of Job Simulator for this. I've tried it multiple times, with different PSVR setups, and even at different locations and it has always had bad world wobble with that game.

However, I can play a dozen other PSVR games just fine with zero wobble, including hours of RE7, Windlands, etc.

Really? I may have to just return the game and pick something else out then. I have had no issues with controller games like RE7 and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood. The whole standing while playing thing just doesn't seem 100% manageable with PSVR.

ckohler

Really? I may have to just return the game and pick something else out then. I have had no issues with controller games like RE7 and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood. The whole standing while playing thing just doesn't seem 100% manageable with PSVR.

You can play standing games just fine with PSVR as long as you don't obscure the lights on the headset. World Wobble tends to only happen if either a) the game has bad tracking like Job Simulator apparently does OR b) you obscure the lights on the headset with your hands. If you're standing up while playing, make sure that the camera is high enough that your hands aren't constantly obscuring its view of the headset.

You can play standing games just fine with PSVR as long as you don't obscure the lights on the headset. World Wobble tends to only happen if either a) the game has bad tracking like Job Simulator apparently does OR b) you obscure the lights on the headset with your hands. If you're standing up while playing, make sure that the camera is high enough that your hands aren't constantly obscuring its view of the headset.

I def made sure that I don't have light issues. It is practically pitch black in my room when I play. Come to think of it, I did try the Spider-Man experience and had no issues across multiple plays. I think Job Sim is just a bad apple.

The demo is visually the same as the full game. I never had a problem with the graphics, one of my most played VR games. Sometimes I would just pop in some album I love or start spotify and just run time trials for hours.

As far as I know there is no noticeably improvment with a Pro but I don't have one, so maybe someone else can comment on this.

You get some additional reflections but these are only really noticeable on the bonnet of open top cars unless you play in 3rd person viewpoint. The world seems a bit more solid somehow but yeah not a massive improvement over the standard PS4.

Any suggestions for sub-$20 games? Lethal VR? Crystal Rift?

Looking for something fun and move-compatible

Edit: Also, I can't seem to purchase Hustle Kings VR for some reason. It tells me I already own Hustle Kings...?

Maligna

Banned
Arizona sunshine is so much better with the moves, this shit is so fun. I feel like such a bad ass shooting these zombies down

Agreed. Especially when you hit those headshots from a distance because it's so hard to do.

Also feels really good when you manage to get right up into a group of 4 or 5 and headshot them point blank in a row without carefully aiming.

I play standing whenever possible and it's never any worse than sitting for me.

Any suggestions for sub-$20 games? Lethal VR? Crystal Rift?

Looking for something fun and move-compatible

Just got my E3 Rewards $15 thing, eyeing the PSVR section of the store right now haha

Edit:

Try out Ancient Amuletor's demo! I really enjoyed it and got the game a couple days ago. Controls are tight, gameplay is fun, keeps you on your toes without being too taxing. Plus some more content is coming soon

Alright guys, I made the PSVR Weekly Deals Banner Section (Below Coming This Month Banner) if anyone wants to help me chase down those weekly deals for NA and EU section, feel free to create a more easier to read format than my SwiftSweeper quote and I'll add it to the OP and include your name as the source for helping me out.

If someone wants to always do that section it would really help this thread out :)

MattAces

That's the weirdest reason I ever seen for not giving any news.
Whatever the reason is, really glad to just hear the game is still fully in development. This is the only promising sword fighting game. Fruit Ninja is such a great sword showcase but it's just slicing fruits.

bumpkin

Hey, would anyone who's playing and enjoying Star Trek Bridge Crew like a code for a PSN avatar? I got one in an email from Sony for having attended the E3 2017 Experience, and I'm not a Star Trek fan/player.

Shoot me a PM and the code is yours!

mikelly

Neo Member

I had an experience like this in Job Simulator earlier today and couldn't believe I hadn't noticed it before. It was pretty bad.
I shut down my system and started it up later to find it silky smooth again. Phew... I was really annoyed/bummed for a second there. I've always thought of Job Simulator as one of the smoothest room scale (ish) titles I've played on PSVR. Luckily it's back to being just that again.
Obviously there's still the PSVR lights being blocked by the camera problem but that's more on a hardware/system limitation level. I really hope you can sort that out because I don't wish that bummed feeling I had about my system earlier on anybody.
Have you figured anything out since you posted last?

Top Bottom