• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

RedStep

This is what annoys me most about the whole thing... is that they're not even appreciably cheaper.

L6aljtD.png

Well they're definitely cheaper for the manufacturer who can suddenly flip b-stock that was being clearanced at $10 a pop for full price again...

We're all getting played, but what are ya gonna do?

Darknight

Player Arizone Sunshine yersterday.

My god the graphics are fucking horrible. Personally this is unacceptable.

Another thing thats disappointing...no universal features across PSVR games. I understand Far Point must had a bigger budget but the camera reset function it has is god like. Why cant Sony make it part of the VR OS somehow? Guess this is more on Sony than the devs of AS. The game isnt fun with the tracking being sorta shitty as well. (2 moves...the lack of joystick really hurts the gameplay here)

End rant. lol

Hoping the game gets better the more I play.

Another thing thats disappointing...no universal features across PSVR games. I understand Far Point must had a bigger budget but the camera reset function it has is god like. Why cant Sony make it part of the VR OS somehow? Guess this is more on Sony than the devs of AS. The game isnt fun with the tracking being sorta shitty as well. (2 moves...the lack of joystick really hurts the gameplay here)

End rant. lol

What are you playing it on? OG or Pro?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle

End rant. lol

Maybe I'm misunderstanding here. Isn't every VR game set up to allow a long press on Option to reset?

darkwing

Can you describe it more? Is it on rails? Is it single player or multiplayer? Is it hard? Does it have a campaign? If so, how long is it? How intense is it? How are the graphics?

you can try the short demo, it is not on rails, you fly around this map blasting or looking for things

it is MP focused with few single player missions, you can have PvP or PvE, with different game mode

you have different ships, fighters, support, heavies

I think support and heavies are the easiest ships to fly because of their weapons tracking

it is very intense, I think 12 vs 12? or was it more, bots replace human players if they aren't available so don't worry about the online population compared to other games like RIGS , also it is cross play with PC players (Oculus, Vive)

graphics are good on the OG, very smooth, can't imagine what it is on the Pro

ffvorax

Wow they look like different games. Is the base PS4 version always that bad?

This looks like an exception.

I had a OG PS4 until a week ago, and now I have a PS4PRO.

Like RE7 is way more polished, but it looked awesome also on the PS4, most of the games I tried had a great upgrade on the resolution side (that is really a good thing and worth the upgrade of the console), but nothing compared to that screenshot! :D

MattAces

Fantastic Contraption will be running at 120fps native on both PS4 and PS4 Pro.
Reposting Pro upgrade :
8xAA – We averaged out all those sharp corners for smoother looking curves!
Higher-resolution textures – you can almost smell that wood-grain!
Improved backdrops and scenery
Additional special-effects and visual flairs
Extra island decorations
125% resolution oversampling – A fancy way of saying that things look real sharp in there.
https://www.roadtovr.com/fantastic-contraption-psvr-release-date-exclusive-levels-ps4-pro/

I'm having a problem with my Move controllers. Now, I had one back in the day, and it refused to charge after being unused for so long. So I got two new (PS3) ones and they worked. However, now I haven't used the PSVR in some time again and both of them are almost out of power and they refuse to charge (even though both still are usable).

I've seen suggestions to let them charge for a very long time (over a data connection) or resetting. Will this work? I'm having a friend over to try VR in a few hours so I can't really get replacements.

ranmafan

So what's eve Valkyrie like?

As others have stated already, it's a fantastic space ship dog fighting shooter. It's a ton of fun. Was the first game I tried in vr when I got my psvr and tried the demo disk. It's all primarily multiplayer and thankfully it's cross play with pc players and bots are used to fill up the rosters when games aren't full. It's a great experience. Reminded me a lot of when I played wing commander iii as my first PlayStation game. Ironic that a similar style title was my first psvr game. It's a lot of fun and I find you are interested in space shooters, it's really worth it. Great experience.

Yep. Keep in mind, the Pro version is standing even further than the standard PS4, yet the viewing distance is significantly further.
KcmHQOX.png

is this arizona sunshine? Can't tell and i scrolled up to look for what this game was.

while we're looking at this. what's RE7 like on ps4 vs pro?

Pif

Banned
Yep. Keep in mind, the Pro version is standing even further than the standard PS4, yet the viewing distance is significantly further.
KcmHQOX.png
HolyFuck lol.

Still the only home console to support VR, even with the compromises. I guess there is still a market for OG ps4 VR.

Huh. These things are fussy as hell. I changed the USB port on my computer and my first one started charging. Then I found another mini USB cord and connected the second one to the PS4, and now it's happily charging too.

Oh well, crisis averted. I'm thinking of getting a stand to charge all this stuff. Isn't there a good one that charges Dualshocks, Move controllers and stores the headset at once?

Huh. These things are fussy as hell. I changed the USB port on my computer and my first one started charging. Then I found another mini USB cord and connected the second one to the PS4, and now it's happily charging too.

Oh well, crisis averted. I'm thinking of getting a stand to charge all this stuff. Isn't there a good one that charges Dualshocks, Move controllers and stores the headset at once?

Found two:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories/playstation-vr-showcase-rapid-ac-charge-display-stand/134664

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories/charge-and-display-station-for-playstation-vr/131502

Of these two I suggest the vr showcase, I don't have either yet myself but after looking at a lot of reviews people swear up and down by the showcase rapid charger. It has ports for charging your headphones too.

Those aren't available around here. I found one that looks decent though.

BTails

So I've put a couple hours into Star Trek Bridge Crew now, still onyl Single Player only, and man, I'm LOVING it! As a huge Star Trek fan, the game just hits the atmosphere perfectly: nothing gets me more pumped up than having hostiles incoming and slamming that Red Alert button.

Thoughts on those of you who have some more experience: I've finished the Prologue and the First mission of the "story" mode. Should I go through all those missions offline, or do you think I should jump in online? Or is online better just for the "Ongoing Missions"?

Also, I'd love to find some people to play with this weekend! PM me if interested.

Maligna

Banned
So I've put a couple hours into Star Trek Bridge Crew now, still onyl Single Player only, and man, I'm LOVING it! As a huge Star Trek fan, the game just hits the atmosphere perfectly: nothing gets me more pumped up than having hostiles incoming and slamming that Red Alert button.

Thoughts on those of you who have some more experience: I've finished the Prologue and the First mission of the "story" mode. Should I go through all those missions offline, or do you think I should jump in online? Or is online better just for the "Ongoing Missions"?

Also, I'd love to find some people to play with this weekend! PM me if interested.

If you're interested at all in online I'd do it now before you forever lose your chance due to the community moving on to other games.

ranmafan

Oh absolutely play them online. They are a blast to experience with others. That's how I played the main missions. It's an experience that can't be beat. And from m experience with the game, the players online have been awesome. So much better than say a fps shooter game group.

I'm going to try and play more this weekend myself but not sure yet. Depends on a few things. I know a lot of us who were posting in the games OT have wanted to get some groups going for the game but haven't yet. Maybe this weekend we can.

I say SBA is worth it for that even for single player. The bots are a lot of fun to skirmish against and you can level up the pilots and earn goodies even in single player. One complaint though is its always online, even when you're playing by yourself you have to hit their servers.

Glix

Is Hustle Kings VR any good? I noticed it's on sale for $8.

What about Super Stardust Ultra VR?

The actual VR mode in SSU is terribad compared with Battlezone.

The regular SSU game IN VR (you are just basically looking at the plant floating in front of you) is amazing, at least for me, as an SSU fan.

MattAces

Here's another one. Even standing that close to the billboard, you still can't see the mountain from the comparison before.
jDTPZjz.jpg

rZC6jt2.png

*Again, I would like to point out that Arizona Sunshine is the only exception for having such a huge visual gap.
Other game works really well on standard PS4.

So I finally, finally got Driveclub VR, and I am pleasantly surprised at how much fun I'm having. Now I'm thinking about getting the Hori Apex Racing Wheel. Has anyone tried it out? What's it like? I've never used a driving wheel before, so I'm guessing going with a budget racing wheel over the uber expensive ones won't make much of a difference to me.

Also, complete side note, but if you're looking for Move controllers the BEST place to look is pawnshops. I got both of mine for $6 total.

*Splinter

*Again, I would like to point out that Arizona Sunshine is the only exception for having such a huge visual gap.
Other game works really well on standard PS4.
Yeah I have a standard PS4 and every game I've tried has been fine. That's why I was so surprised to see such a huge difference in this game.

Horseticuffs

So, my virtual cohorts, what're the odds that Brookhaven Experiment will go on sale when the Aim patch goes live?

I'm not truly into wave need anything, but I'm a horror nerd who loves his Aim and it seems to have pretty good atmosphere.

MattAces

So, my virtual cohorts, what're the odds that Brookhaven Experiment will go on sale when the Aim patch goes live?

I'm not truly into wave need anything, but I'm a horror nerd who loves his Aim and it seems to have pretty good atmosphere.

It's really hard to predict PSN sale nowadays. But I would say wait for impressions before getting it. The game is really alright at best with Move. I already have the game, really excited to try it out.

Horseticuffs

It's really hard to predict PSN sale nowadays. But I would say wait for impressions before getting it. The game is really alright at best with Move. I already have the game, really excited to try it out.

It seems like the kind of pick up/put down arcade-type experience that my family would enjoy. My kids are in a weird spot with the Aim.

Arizona Sunshine is a bit clunky for them to enjoy (Maybe a patch will fix that soon, I hope), and I just started Farpoint and I don't want them to screw up my playthrough lol. Doesn't Farpoint have some kind of score or wave-based mode in there? I just started it and am at work so I can't check.

I'm just looking for something simple my kids and I can enjoy the Aim with. We're all Horror dorks so Brookhaven seemed like a decent idea.

joeblow

My kids play games on my PS4 under their own sub account so it doesn't mess with my game saves. Why don't you set it up for them that way?

Horseticuffs

My kids play games on my PS4 under their own sub account so it doesn't mess with my game saves. Why don't you set it up for them that way?

I've got a weird setup for us. My kids have my og PS4 hooked up to a 40 inch 1080p TV, and like 8 feet away I've got my Pro hooked up to my 40 inch 4k with my psvr. On their PS4 I've got child accounts set up, but on mine I've only got my account. I guess if I weren't such a lazy slob I could set up child accounts on mine as well. Honestly it hadn't even occurred to me!

Top Bottom