• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

MattAces

I had an experience like this in Job Simulator earlier today and couldn't believe I hadn't noticed it before. It was pretty bad.
I shut down my system and started it up later to find it silky smooth again. Phew... I was really annoyed/bummed for a second there. I've always thought of Job Simulator as one of the smoothest room scale (ish) titles I've played on PSVR. Luckily it's back to being just that again.
Obviously there's still the PSVR lights being blocked by the camera problem but that's more on a hardware/system limitation level. I really hope you can sort that out because I don't wish that bummed feeling I had about my system earlier on anybody.
Have you figured anything out since you posted last?
Exactly this, and boot up the system while it's on flat surface, wait for a minute

doby

Just had such a bad experience with Job Simulator. The game world kept moving back and forth constantly and the tracking absolutely sucked. I did all of the troubleshooting that you can do and nothing worked. This kind of game isn't cut out for the PSVR at all. Really souring me on the entire product.

Bad memories of when the job simulator wobble invaded my real world for days after playing. That was a trippy time.

darkwing

hmm never noticed the wobble simulator but then again only tried the demo which I couldn't finish because I didn't have enough space for the play area

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Wow, just played about an hour of Farpoint. Man, as much as I enjoyed Arizona Sunshine this game is what I expected AAA VR gaming to be! Walking around that first area and seeing the
volcano spewing gas into the sky
was so amazing. The sense of scale in the environment was great.

This game seems to nail an alien planet.
That cave full of glowing plants and that living light were really mind bending

On another note, when it asks my height, should I put my seated height or as if I were standing? I'm sitting, for what it's worth.

Any suggestions for sub-$20 games? Lethal VR? Crystal Rift?

Looking for something fun and move-compatible

Edit: Also, I can't seem to purchase Hustle Kings VR for some reason. It tells me I already own Hustle Kings...?

You cannot purchase the upgrade unless you own all the DLC too, else you have to buy the more expensive version.

Ogni-XR21

Amazon.de currently has Starblood Arena for 8.99 € and Battlezone for 29 €.

While I don't think there is still any online community left for SA I could not resist at that price.

Amazon.de currently has Starblood Arena for 8.99 € and Battlezone for 29 €.

While I don't think there is still any online community left for SA I could not resist at that price.

Saturn.de has a bunch of very good offers too, everything for 15€ each:

Robinson: https://www.saturn.de/de/product/_robinson-the-journey™-adventure-playstation-4-2183309.html

EVE Valkyrie: https://www.saturn.de/de/product/_eve-valkyrie-action-playstation-4-2183302.html?ga_query=valkyre

Battlezone: https://www.saturn.de/de/product/_battlezone-action-playstation-4-2183300.html

Until Dawn Rush of Blood 10€: https://www.saturn.de/de/product/_until-dawn™-rush-of-blood-adventure-playstation-4-2183305.html

Man I wish they were still active in Switzerland, the deals these guys churned out lately are bonkers!

Sho Nuff

Banned
Finished Arizona Sunshine. Eeeegh. The game is never scary because there is literally one enemy type. Nothing ever jumps out, drops from the ceiling, breaks through glass.

Probably more fun in co-op but I don't want to recommend spending $40 on this to anyone.

I think im well prepared for the G20 Meeting here in Hamburg! The fridge is full and I have enough VR games to play throughout the weekend. I hope Tethered, Super Stardust Ultra, Rollercoaster... and Eve Valkyrie will be enough. If not, I will give Hikari some more lessons.

Ogni-XR21

Grabbed Battlezone, also free shipping which is nice.

Thanks for the heads up!

MattAces

My jittery with Aim controller in AS is very manageable now. Just played more of the Aim mode and I think it might be the best way to play AS. Saw someone mentioning that you can actually easily headshot zombies without even aiming, so I tried it and I'm very amazed by my shooting skill. Just shoot it with your instinct and occasionally you might have to aim but once you got to the 3rd or 4th gun, it's much easier and fun to aim.

Maligna

Banned
Wow, just played about an hour of Farpoint. Man, as much as I enjoyed Arizona Sunshine this game is what I expected AAA VR gaming to be! Walking around that first area and seeing the
volcano spewing gas into the sky
was so amazing. The sense of scale in the environment was great.

This game seems to nail an alien planet.
That cave full of glowing plants and that living light were really mind bending

On another note, when it asks my height, should I put my seated height or as if I were standing? I'm sitting, for what it's worth.

Standing height.

Tethered for 12€ or
Battlezone for 15€ or
Eve Valkyrie for 15€.

Which is the best pick? I only heard good stuff about Tethered in this thread I believe.

I love both pedestrian god sims and action shooters! I think I'll go with Tethered due to PS4 Pro + Move. Though I might order one of the other two as well... Battlezone?

I love both pedestrian god sims and action shooters! I think I'll go with Tethered due to PS4 Pro + Move. Though I might order one of the other two as well... Battlezone?

yeah :)

Battlezone is tank combat, Eve is spaceship combat. But Eve is mainly multiplayer deathmatch as Battlezone has a procedurally generated map with missions you have to complete towards a goal, solo or coop.

Both have demos available in the PSVR DemoDisc, download it and give them a whirl.

I had an experience like this in Job Simulator earlier today and couldn't believe I hadn't noticed it before. It was pretty bad.
I shut down my system and started it up later to find it silky smooth again. Phew... I was really annoyed/bummed for a second there. I've always thought of Job Simulator as one of the smoothest room scale (ish) titles I've played on PSVR. Luckily it's back to being just that again.
Obviously there's still the PSVR lights being blocked by the camera problem but that's more on a hardware/system limitation level. I really hope you can sort that out because I don't wish that bummed feeling I had about my system earlier on anybody.
Have you figured anything out since you posted last?

I tried resetting it to no avail. I'm gonna try a bunch of setups today to see if I can fix it

Bad memories of when the job simulator wobble invaded my real world for days after playing. That was a trippy time.

Ok, wow lol. I had the same thing happen after I played. Didn't know if it was just my imagination or not.

Ogni-XR21

still no Aim controller, screw you sony

Imagine how much it sucks for them to know that they could have sold so much more... all that money not being made. Sony kind of screwed themselves.

Btw. they did state that aim controllers would be limited on release way back when preorders just opened, I made a post regarding this way back in this thread.

Imagine how much it sucks for them to know that they could have sold so much more... all that money not being made. Sony kind of screwed themselves.

Btw. they did state that aim controllers would be limited on release way back when preorders just opened, I made a post regarding this way back in this thread.

I see no point on doing this, why sell farpoint standalone if you can't find aim controller or the bundle? That is just stupid

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
What's also stupid is not offering a digital download version of the bundle and they did that, too.
You can buy the game from PS Store, but then you have to buy the Aim Controller import from Japan (which is right now about $100. This actually appears to be the cheapest way to buy the complete package now....

I see no point on doing this, why sell farpoint standalone if you can't find aim controller or the bundle? That is just stupid
Can you play farpoint with two moves, somehow? Or a Move and a side controller or something?

Yep, this accumulated jitter error problem still seems to be an issue with PSVR. I didn't actually verify it on my setup, as I just restart PS4 now every time I play VR out of the habit, but it's sad to hear this is not fixed yet.

For those who don't know - PSVR since the launch has had an issue where if you play games without powering the console off and on periodically, the tracking jitter error accumulates slowly over time. The positional tracking for the headset gets worse and worse, more and more wobbly. Switching between games, or putting the console in the rest mode doesn't solve this - the only fix is to power the console off and then back on.

Arkam

I really like the aim controller. Feels sweet in the hands with Farpoint. I hope we get more games that support it. Bravo Team looks dope, but I hope that is just one of many to come.

spectator

You can buy the game from PS Store, but then you have to buy the Aim Controller import from Japan (which is right now about $100. This actually appears to be the cheapest way to buy the complete package now....

Yes, but you're then paying full price for each item ($30 more than the bundle price), negating the value of the bundle.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yes, but you're then paying full price for each item ($30 more than the bundle price), negating the value of the bundle.
What was the price of the bundle actually? I thought it was $99. The actual cheapest I found right now would be $158 for the game+controller (game from PS store, controller import from Japan).

Ordered a PSVR with a camera, it comes Monday and got 4 games to go with it. REZ, Polybius (giantbomb sold me), Until Dawn, and Mervils.
I have a 40$ coupon for used games at Gamestop and was wondering if there was anything else essential. I don't have any move controllers yet.

Ordered a PSVR with a camera, it comes Monday and got 4 games to go with it. REZ, Polybius (giantbomb sold me), Until Dawn, and Mervils.
I have a 40$ coupon for used games at Gamestop and was wondering if there was anything else essential. I don't have any move controllers yet.

Move controllers for sure. Though it isnt used in any of the games you have so far iirc

Popup

If Sony were indeed working on some kind of new controllers for PSVR, it would be interesting if it could be like an Aim Controller that breaks out into 2 new style move controllers , each with Analogue sticks of course and then allow for more combinations using simple connecting tubes or the like.

MattAces

I really like the aim controller. Feels sweet in the hands with Farpoint. I hope we get more games that support it. Bravo Team looks dope, but I hope that is just one of many to come.

Good news because there's quite a lot of games supporting it.
Farpoint
Special Delivery (you can ignore this)
Arizona Sunshine

Brookhaven Experiment (Coming on Tuesday)
Bravo Team
Dimension Hunter
Rom: Extraction
DWVR
Demon Grade

Hopefully more of the PC ported game like Raw Data and other stuff will support it.

MattAces

Also how is this not posted here yet.

35360695380_ce6077ce34_o-755x425.png

35747376575_eea980aeb6_b.jpg

ScratchyIckyGentoopenguin-size_restricted.gif

EarlyFemaleGoosefish-size_restricted.gif

Old Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCnnJXMi8KE

Fantastic Contraption for PlayStation VR!

That's right! We've been having a blast creating Fantastic Contraption for PlayStation VR, and we're excited to announce that we'll be sharing all of our hard work with you on Tuesday, July 11th, 2017. National Fantastic Contraption Day, mark it in your calendar! It will retail for $19.99 with an extra launch-week-special 10%-off if you have PlayStation Plus.

New, Unique Levels for PlayStation VR, We have a handful of brand-new, PlayStation-exclusive levels in the release. Try your hand bouncing around some moguls, attacking a big-bricked wall, and more! We've designed a few challenges specifically around seated play, and we know you'll enjoy them.
For those of you with a lovely new PS4 Pro, we've spiced up the game a bit extra for ya:
8xAA – We averaged out all those sharp corners for smoother looking curves!
Higher-resolution textures – you can almost smell that wood-grain!
Improved backdrops and scenery
Additional special-effects and visual flairs
Extra island decorations
125% resolution oversampling – A fancy way of saying that things look real sharp in there.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/06/fantastic-contraption-launches-july-11th-for-ps-vr/

^oh man that looks fun, so much potential for random silliness. reminds me of Noby Noby Boy lol.

imagine if it had MP, the hilarity of building weird shit in vr with a friend.. it doesn't, right? that would be too perfect so it's probably not happening.

MattAces

^oh man that looks fun, so much potential for random silliness. reminds me of Noby Noby Boy lol.

imagine if it had MP, the hilarity of building weird shit in vr with a friend.. it doesn't, right? that would be too perfect so it's probably not happening.

Doesn't have MP. On the PC version it does have level editor/sharing online. Hopefully the PSVR version has it too, waiting for dev response from twitter.

jrcbandit

If Sony were indeed working on some kind of new controllers for PSVR, it would be interesting if it could be like an Aim Controller that breaks out into 2 new style move controllers , each with Analogue sticks of course and then allow for more combinations using simple connecting tubes or the like.

Just wish Sony wasn't so f-ing cheap and wanted to repurpose all those useless Move controllers. I think they even admitted to prototyping newer Move controllers with Analog. Should have been Move 2.0 with short analog sticks (that was clickable) in place of the Move button on top of the controller and Micro USB for charging instead of annoying mini-USB that nothing utilizes today. Ideally, it would be something like the Occulus Touch but that wasn't going to happen to keep things relatively "cheap".

Too many VR games! I want to play them all and I haven't properly got around to Statik or Polybus yet.

Then Arizona Sunshine, Fantastic Contraption, Superhot VR, Tiny Trax. (Farpoint at some point as well) all being recently released or soon to be released which I intend to pick up.

Then games like SPARC, Doom VFR, Skyrim VR, Moss, Bravo Team, Raw Data, The Inpatient, and Transference out later this year (I think they are all dated for this year anyway and probably forgetting a few).

Then hoping for some games like Sprint Vector to hop across to PC VR.

Without checking any statistics, I feel like the output of games per month has increased drastically during the recent months. At launch it was very easy to keep track of all the titles but now it feels like we are seeing lots of new content every week.

Very exciting!

People who will pick one up in a year when prices are starting to drop will find a very healthy platform with AAA games, classics and intriguing experiments from indie studios.

darkwing

Without checking any statistics, I feel like the output of games per month has increased drastically during the recent months. At launch it was very easy to keep track of all the titles but now it feels like we are seeing lots of new content every week.

Very exciting!

People who will pick one up in a year when prices are starting to drop will find a very healthy platform with AAA games, classics and intriguing experiments from indie studios.

I just picked one up a few weeks ago and I'm overwhelmed by all the games lol

Synth

Just wish Sony wasn't so f-ing cheap and wanted to repurpose all those useless Move controllers. I think they even admitted to prototyping newer Move controllers with Analog. Should have been Move 2.0 with short analog sticks (that was clickable) in place of the Move button on top of the controller and Micro USB for charging instead of annoying mini-USB that nothing utilizes today. Ideally, it would be something like the Occulus Touch but that wasn't going to happen to keep things relatively "cheap".

This is what annoys me most about the whole thing... is that they're not even appreciably cheaper.

L6aljtD.png

Top Bottom