• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

MattAces

Just found their video of impressions... I generally get kind of frustrated with RTS style games, especially if it has any sudden/severe difficulty spikes. Wayward Sky was pretty pedestrian as far as difficulty goes, but there wasn't any "action" in Wayward Sky. It's hard to know how they approach difficulty when there is actual action involved.

Also, is Superhot a big deal? I remember seeing the trailer at Sony's E3 Experience and being like "Okay, that's a lot of red and white." lol.

There are two impressions.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
But the PC version does have level editor, online sharing... It was a feature cut from the PSVR version.
http://northwaygames.com/contraption-anti-oppenheimer-update-1-6-0/
Ah, i see, seems like it was added later on then. But tbh, its still 50 interesting puzzles and one of the most unique games on the platform, so its hard to go wrong with the reasonable price. Considering they seem to have added some stuff to thr PC version over time, maybe they plan some updates for PS4 too?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
And yes, Superhot is the real deal. I played the VR version at gamescom and non vr version at home. Its not a shooter, more like a FPS puzzle game and pretty much one of the most original games I ever played.

MattAces

Ah, i see, seems like it was added later on then. But tbh, its still 50 interesting puzzles and one of the most unique games on the platform, so its hard to go wrong with the reasonable price. Considering they seem to have added some stuff to thr PC version over time, maybe they plan some updates for PS4 too?

That is what I'm hoping for. If they could confirm this, I would've bought it without any doubt but they refuse to comment on this :(
I don't mind if it takes time to port level editor over, just want a confirmation. I'm still open to getting this game after hearing how great it is.

Also Dino Frontier is digital only right? I would be pretty mad if they suddenly confirm a physical release.

M_A_C

So does HDR still not work with this? Think of selling my Vive and getting one of these deals but if HDR doesn't work on my KS8000 thats kind of a bummer.

MattAces

So does HDR still not work with this? Think of selling my Vive and getting one of these deals but if HDR doesn't work on my KS8000 thats kind of a bummer.

Why would you sell your Vive for this? Not saying it's bad or something but Vive definitely has a larger diverse library and app. There are some exclusives/timed exclusives that are pretty cool on PSVR, but you probably should keep your Vive and get a PSVR as an extra. And no, HDR still doesn't work unless you get a splitter or something.

Toma

What kinda game is fantastic contraception? It looks kinda interesting

You have only a few building blocks, but you can build some pretty wild stuff by connecting and scaling the elements creatively.

M_A_C

Why would you sell your Vive for this? Not saying it's bad or something but Vive definitely has a larger diverse library and app. There are some exclusives/timed exclusives that are pretty cool on PSVR, but you probably should keep your Vive and get a PSVR as an extra. And no, HDR still doesn't work unless you get a splitter or something.

Just because I can get this for $399, I like Sony's offerings pretty well, and can sell the Vive for $600-$700.

MattAces

PlayStation VR-exclusive title One Piece: Grand Cruise
One Piece: Grand Cruise (PlayStation VR)

The game’s genre, release date, and price have yet to be announced.
The game’s content is also yet to be announced, but screenshots in the magazine show exploration of a ship. This is only a guess, but perhaps it is a game where you interact with your crewmates?
A special demo of the game will be playable by up to eight users at once at the “Tokyo One Piece Tower” event in Tokyo Tower on July 22.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/07/one-piec...piece-game-also-announced#O3MekhTm5ZmFwrd1.99

MattAces

Was it a feature that was cut or is it a feature that hasn't been added in yet? ;)

Still waiting a response from the dev. They replied to most of the question in their blogpost except for that one question asking about level editor. Tweeted them with no response too, although they don't seem to reply tweet.

MattAces

I'm curious about Driveculb VR. Did a patch enable pro support?

Yep, there's a Pro patch and it's the most useless patch ever. They improved the car reflection but since you're in first person, you won't notice it most of the time. Digital Foundry had an analysis on that. There's a free demo in the demo disc so you can try it out (also keep in mind every demo in demo disc is not pro-patched). The graphic is really bad, don't let that be your first VR experience. I heard Dirt Rally is much better for racing stuff. Hopefully GT sports will be decent in graphic at least considering they've watered down to 1v1 racing.

Edit : Also this reminds me of Trackmania Turbo, there are some tracks available in VR, you should try the demo, it looks fantastic.

There are minimal enhancements for pro which include added reflections.

Yep, there's a Pro patch and it's the most useless patch ever. They improved the car reflection but since you're in first person, you won't notice it most of the time. Digital Foundry had an analysis on that. There's a free demo in the demo disc so you can try it out (also keep in mind every demo in demo disc is not pro-patched). The graphic is really bad, don't let that be your first VR experience. I heard Dirt Rally is much better for racing stuff. Hopefully GT sports will be decent in graphic at least considering they've watered down to 1v1 racing.

I wouldn't say the graphics are really bad considering all which it is pushing, you soon get lost in the realism and as a racer I prefer the wheel to wheel online stuff compared to DirtVR. Yeah pretty upset with what I've heard about GT:S VR offering, hopefully they will improve that before release.

It's a game all about minimizing risk...

a6fdc720a3bd20eefe3b7aecac5732d8dea4edf6

Pardon the autocorrect, bruh..

It's not as big a change as they had hoped to make, given the short time frame they were contracted to work on it after Evolution Studios was shuttered. Still, it's a lot of fun and looks more crisp on Pro.

I'm down to race with some of you :)

Dirt Rally is also really cool but as more of a sim it can be frustrating too compared to Dirt 4 (which has no PSVR support...yet)

According to gamefront.de Yamauchi says Gran Turismo Sport VR mode will not give people motion sickness.

I wonder how they want to achieve this since being prone to motion sickness varies so much from person to person, I don't think there is the solution that fixes this for everyone.

Huh, the version i played at E3 was pretty much just like Driveclub&DirtVR. Sharper than Driveclub but no motionsickness reducing effects that i could notice. (Which is good, i don't want any of those blackout effects or other annoying ones :p)

Still a shame that it's just an additional VR mode and not the full game :(

sasliquid

Final got a vr, can I get the gif?

But it comes with farpoint but no controller. Is there much point without it? Is there anyway to get the controller separately?

So, one of the internal straps broke on my PSVR headset today, and ironically it much more comfortable now!

I'd previously had a hard time with was how tight the headset was on my head, and as it pressed into my temples it would sometimes give me a headache. It was the one thing about the design I really didn't like. I never even used the tightening mechanism because of it, but I do now as it still works and tightens to a snug fit. Not sure if I just have a big head or if maybe mine was attached too tight or something. I've never tried another PSVR besides mine.

So, one of the internal straps broke on my PSVR headset today, and ironically it much more comfortable now!

I'd previously had a hard time with was how tight the headset was on my head, and as it pressed into my temples it would sometimes give me a headache. It was the one thing about the design I really didn't like. I never even used the tightening mechanism because of it, but I do now as it still works and tightens to a snug fit. Not sure if I just have a big head or if maybe mine was attached too tight or something. I've never tried another PSVR besides mine.

I personally feel it's a bit too tight too, so this sounds like something I wouldn't mind happening. Just I'd rather not do it myself lol

oh boy, today i have all the time in the world to live in VR, and tomorrow i go to work at noon so i can stay up late and still get a good night's sleep. awesome.

thinking of playing through Arkham VR if i can get the tracking working properly this time, and unlock Area X in Rez Infinite. should be sweet.

btw is the Tethered demo pro patched? it seemed pretty jaggy, kind of hard on the eyes.. cool game though, very relaxing chilling up in the clouds and playing god heh. nice music too.

sasliquid

Congrats!

Regarding the Aim controller, I believe they are available on their own, although probably out of stock everywhere, I'd certainly wait until you can get one though before playing it.

Thanks.

I can't find it anywhere on Amazon uk... oh well no hurry. Still got RE7 to play and will get Rez while it's on sale. Plus I got Yakuza in the sale and trying to platinum Persona 5

bumpkin

Huh, the version i played at E3 was pretty much just like Driveclub&DirtVR. Sharper than Driveclub but no motionsickness reducing effects that i could notice. (Which is good, i don't want any of those blackout effects or other annoying ones :p)

Still a shame that it's just an additional VR mode and not the full game :(
So GT Sport is going to let you drive in VR? I was getting the impression it was just going to be a glorified photo mode where you can look at and sit in the cars.

Dirt Rally is fantastic in VR, way better than Driveclub.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I think amazon Fucked Up my codes in a good way...

They sent me 2 codes

Used the first code, got all 3 Games as a bundle within that 1 code
Confused as to what the other code was, input it, same goddamn bundle...

So they gave me 2!

MattAces

So wait, are Superhot and Superhot VR two different games? I was about to preorder the VR version on the store but noticed there's a bundle?

Completely different game. One is built from ground up for VR. Even on PC, the game is mostly a "standing on the same spot" kind of game where you take stuff and throw, move your hand for enemies to get closer to you. Standard version is another whole set of levels, you actually run and jump around. Gameplay concept are the same, but levels are completely different in design. I'm only getting the VR version, base game while it's fun, I would rather spend that $15 on another VR game.

Toma

Completely different game. One is built from ground up for VR. Even on PC, the game is mostly a "standing on the same spot" kind of game where you take stuff and throw, move your hand for enemies to get closer to you. Standard version is another whole set of levels, you actually run and jump around. Gameplay concept are the same, but levels are completely different in design. I'm only getting the VR version, base game while it's fun, I would rather spend that $15 on another VR game.

Whaaaat, noooo, the VR version I played back then had normal levels. It worked super well, felt alot like actually walking through a bullet storm. :(

Whaaaat, noooo, the VR version I played back then had normal levels. It worked super well, felt alot like actually walking through a bullet storm. :(

Superhot VR has always been static. Unless they added in a new mode.

But for those wondering Superhot standard is fantastic, I'm certainly double dipping on that.

KalBalboa

Banned
Went to pre-order Superhot VR.

Credit card error through PSN. I get this maybe once a year now and need to update information and wait 48 hours for the PSN security safeguards to let me try again.

So... unprovoked? Unnecessary?

MattAces

Went to pre-order Superhot VR.

Credit card error through PSN. I get this maybe once a year now and need to update information and wait 48 hours for the PSN security safeguards to let me try again.

So... unprovoked? Unnecessary?

It's the worst. I had that problem once, made me panic and thought there was something wrong with my account. Some suggested that try buying it directly from PS4 store.

KalBalboa

Banned
It's the worst. I had that problem once, made me panic and thought there was something wrong with my account. Some suggested that try buying it directly from PS4 store.

I called Sony the last time this happened and they said to check my information, re-enter it, and then wait 2 days before trying again.

I'll do that again but if it fails I guess I just need to buy codes through Amazon. Ridiculous.

Toma

Superhot VR has always been static. Unless they added in a new mode.

But for those wondering Superhot standard is fantastic, I'm certainly double dipping on that.

I can guarantee you that one of the first builds they had wasnt static, was a long time before Superhot was released too, so it probably was a different build altogether. I think it was at gamescom 2014.

Edit: Yeah, it was 2014. I played that first part, where you move down the corridor in this trailer in VR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBSDkr9cK-4

Anyway, going to pick up Superhot VR as Superhot is bonkers good, but thats a bit of a bummer, considering how amazing that demo was.

Top Bottom