• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

bumpkin

RE: Dino Frontier... I really enjoyed Wayward Sky and want to support the devs, but $24 (w/ the preorder discount) for a game I can't try first? I don't know. I don't particularly care for tower defense style games and don't really get into town building sims. I do like dinosaurs though.

Have there been any previews/impressions anywhere?

RE: Dino Frontier... I really enjoyed Wayward Sky and want to support the devs, but $24 (w/ the preorder discount) for a game I can't try first? I don't know. I don't particularly care for tower defense style games and don't really get into town building sims. I do like dinosaurs though.

Wait these are the same devs as wayward sky?
Oh shit I was slightly interested before but now this plus the discount. Might get it day one.

Craazyville

Neo Member
Is EVE Valkyrie the only PSVR 'space sim cockpit' game?
Just ordered my PSVR a few hours ago and I have many questions.

So far I'm buying Batman VR, Thumper and Bridge Crew but I'd really like to get something with "flying".

We are ALL hoping for Elite Dangerous to make the VR plunge on PSVR. Its on PC so it seems like a no-brainer

Kaako

Felium Defensor
PSVR ganja parties are hilariously awesome. Setting up another one later this week. We nearly pissed ourselves laughing when one of my friends almost flew off his chair at the end of the Kitchen demo.

Kalentan

Brookhaven AIM support seems okay.

The guns feel decent but I swear they made it so the darkness has been turned WAAAY up. So you can barely use the sights on the guns because you can't even really see the guns.

They also seemingly made it so you need to rebuy your gun per wave in Survival which was never the case before.

MattAces

The guns feel decent but I swear they made it so the darkness has been turned WAAAY up. So you can barely use the sights on the guns because you can't even really see the guns.

They also seemingly made it so you need to rebuy your gun per wave in Survival which was never the case before.

Yea, literally everybody is complaining how dark it is. Unplayable level of darkness. Other than that, it's pretty solid in terms of tracking.
And that is just a gun selection screen, the number is the amount of ammo left.

Kalentan

Yea, literally everybody is complaining how dark it is. Unplayable level of darkness. Other than that, it's pretty solid in terms of tracking.
And that is just a gun selection screen, the number is the amount of ammo left.

Hmm not sure about that. I bought the gun that looks like the SKS and then after a wave of using it, I had to rebuy it for the next round.

bumpkin

Hmm... Does the game give any sort of brightness slider in the Options?

$11 and change is a fantastic price, but I don't know if I'm interested in it with overdone darkness.

MattAces

Hmm not sure about that. I bought the gun that looks like the SKS and then after a wave of using it, I had to rebuy it for the next round.

Yea, you are just reselecting it I believe

Just watched the DF:Elite video. PS4 has problems holding 60fps. That's maybe the problem.

There are some 30fps games made it into PSVR, some are uglier than others, but considering PS4 is capable of hovering around that, they can definitely downgrade some of the visual stuff/resolution to hit it. Most of the PSVR game aren't running at full HD on standard PS4 anyway while many games are running above 1080p for PS4 Pro.

Kalentan

Yea, you are just reselecting it I believe

Nah it reduced my points. I got 2k points from surviving the wave and then selected the SKS again and it brought me down to 900 points. Normally in survival, you do have to reselect your gun per round, however once you bought a gun, it removes the 'BUY' symbol on it. I noticed in this case that the 'BUY' symbol reappears thus the game thinks you haven't bought it yet.

Hmm... Does the game give any sort of brightness slider in the Options?

$11 and change is a fantastic price, but I don't know if I'm interested in it with overdone darkness.

There is none.

It's still a good game, but waiting for a brightness patch isn't a bad idea.

MattAces

Nah it reduced my points. I got 2k points from surviving the wave and then selected the SKS again and it brought me down to 900 points. Normally in survival, you do have to reselect your gun per round, however once you bought a gun, it removes the 'BUY' symbol on it. I noticed in this case that the 'BUY' symbol reappears thus the game thinks you haven't bought it yet.

Oh alright, yea, survival. I thought you were talking about the campaign mode. *I can't read*

Also:
NCC46ai.png

ISee

Has anybody experience with the Trinus PSVR software? It is supposed to let you play Vive games on a PSVR (on PC obviously).

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle

I heard from the developers on Twitter that they will be addressing the darkness issue, so that's a cool thing at least.

MattAces

Has anybody experience with the Trinus PSVR software? It is supposed to let you play Vive games on a PSVR (on PC obviously).

It definitely works, the over sensitive was a problem for me previously. I tried AltSpace VR and Subnautica, it works. Wanted to try Elite Dangerous but I didn't update the game for a long time. It will mess with your processor unit though, warping every image, you have to revert it and it was a pain for the two times I've tried it. Fails to detect my PSVR powered on and have to restart it several time. It only supports 360 view, no positional tracking unless you have PS3 camera and more tools to make it work. I saw some people who manage to get both Move controller working as Vive controller. But for games like Elite Dangerous, you don't really need that positional tracking, just that 360 view will work fine since you are cramped in that tiny seat.

Ogni-XR21

According to gamefront.de Yamauchi says Gran Turismo Sport VR mode will not give people motion sickness.

I wonder how they want to achieve this since being prone to motion sickness varies so much from person to person, I don't think there is the solution that fixes this for everyone.

MattAces

Oh and that Dino Frontier thread definitely reminded me. You can checkout EZA impression.

ISee

It definitely works, the over sensitive was a problem for me previously. I tried AltSpace VR and Subnautica, it works. Wanted to try Elite Dangerous but I didn't update the game for a long time. It will mess with your processor unit though, warping every image, you have to revert it and it was a pain for the two times I've tried it. Fails to detect my PSVR powered on and have to restart it several time. It only supports 360 view, no positional tracking unless you have PS3 camera and more tools to make it work. I saw some people who manage to get both Move controller working as Vive controller. But for games like Elite Dangerous, you don't really need that positional tracking, just that 360 view will work fine since you are cramped in that tiny seat.

Thx for the feedback. I will play around with it, I actually even still have my ps3 camera.

MattAces

Screw it, can't risk to lose that 20% discount being a store error. Pre-ordered Dino Frontier. Thanks to this, I will have $15 leftover, adding another $10 equals Superhot VR!

Also pretty much confirmed Fantastic Contraption doesn't have level editor in PSVR. SKIP.

darkwing

Screw it, can't risk to lose that 20% discount being a store error. Pre-ordered Dino Frontier. Thanks to this, I will have $15 leftover, adding another $10 equals Superhot VR!

Also pretty much confirmed Fantastic Contraption doesn't have level editor in PSVR. SKIP.

what is the pricing error? it says save 20% when you pre-order?

Glix

Picked up a Cronus Max to use with my Driving Force GT.

So fucking amped to play DriveClub VR with a force feedback wheel and pedals later tonight!

Total immersion here I come!!!!!!

Note - this cronus max device is insanely cool, but ppl who use it to cheat recoil in CoD and stuff are dicks.

Picked up a Cronus Max to use with my Driving Force GT.

So fucking amped to play DriveClub VR with a force feedback wheel and pedals later tonight!

Total immersion here I come!!!!!!

Note - this cronus max device is insanely cool, but ppl who use it to cheat recoil in CoD and stuff are dicks.

How does it cost?

and you have the full features like a native support?

Glix

How does it cost?

and you have the full features like a native support?

It was $60

It has full features, it tricks the system into thinking its a G29

There is some setup. You have to connect the device to a PC to do the initial setup.

Then you then plug the device into the PS4, plug a usb hub into it, and put the wheel in one port and a DS4 in the other. The device uses the ds4 to trick the ps4 and authenticate the wheel.

Pedals, shifters, and most importantly FORCE FEEDBACK are all supported.

The cronus is crazy tho, it can make anything work on anything. You can create all kinds of custom pkg's for it and stuff.

It even came with a little USB soundcard to plug a headset into so you can still chat and stuff if you are online but using a controller that doesn't have a compatible headset port (like my X360 arcade sticks that I use on PS4)

Experien

Need Statik & Dino Frontier but I havent even started RE7 and more of Farpoint. Though I think I need to buy new MOVE controllers. I think one doesn't hold a charge.

Should I look at new packaging ones?

It's supposed to be PS+ only according to the blog post, for 20% discount but right now it's for everybody.

So it isn't a bonus discount on Dino Frontier? I am good with that.

It was $60

It has full features, it tricks the system into thinking its a G29

There is some setup. You have to connect the device to a PC to do the initial setup.

Then you then plug the device into the PS4, plug a usb hub into it, and put the wheel in one port and a DS4 in the other. The device uses the ds4 to trick the ps4 and authenticate the wheel.

Pedals, shifters, and most importantly FORCE FEEDBACK are all supported.

The cronus is crazy tho, it can make anything work on anything. You can create all kinds of custom pkg's for it and stuff.

It even came with a little USB soundcard to plug a headset into so you can still chat and stuff if you are online but using a controller that doesn't have a compatible headset port (like my X360 arcade sticks that I use on PS4)

Thanks!

MattAces

So it isn't a bonus discount on Dino Frontier? I am good with that.

It's a pre-order special discount for PlayStation Plus members, 20%. At least that was what the blog post suggested.
But currently the pre-order is being discounted for everybody, 20%.

$29.99 discounted to $23.99 for everybody who pre-ordered it.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

I've been waiting a long time for Fantastic Contraption and I am more than happy with just puzzle levels. I'll let you guys know about my impressions.

MattAces

I've been waiting a long time for Fantastic Contraption and I am more than happy with just puzzle levels. I'll let you guys know about my impressions.

If it's really that good, I might reconsider it again. Let us know on the longevity/challenging aspect.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Alright, so first impressions Fantastic Contraption:

I played about an hour for the first easiest levels, and finished about 15% of the game. Levels already become harder and the last one took me quite a bit longer than the ones before, so I definitely feel like it has enough value to supplement the 20$ asking price. The reason why I was looking forward to this game so much is its rather unique nature. They did a pretty darn good job porting the game from room scale to 1 camera only and its just a unique experience overall. Similarly to Statik, it seems like a VR puzzle game worth experiencing. I dont mind the lack of the online functionality terribly much, as it seems like the PC version only had "solutions from other players" that you could watch, but not a level editor to create new challenges. Its the 50 challenges and thats it. That said, I can see some replayability with the tools they provide and it will probably be super fun to watch my friends trying to come up with their own solution ideas.

So yeah, its basically what I was expecting and love that its finally out to add a unique facet to the PSVR library. I definitely recommend picking this up eventually and would argue that its actually a VR game with a fair price upon release. I'll play more of it over the coming days and if I majorly change any part of my impressions, I'll let you know here.

As for negative aspects: I had some slight tracking issues. Nothing major, but my controllers were sometimes drifting away, which was a bit ...weird. It didnt matter much, but it was definitely a tad distracting. Might reevaluate that tomorrow after restarting my PS4.

If anyone is or has military family, PSVR Aim supply is available and ready to ship at your online AAFES website.

Ships anywhere, free shipping and tax free.

bumpkin

Oh and that Dino Frontier thread definitely reminded me. You can checkout EZA impression.
Just found their video of impressions... I generally get kind of frustrated with RTS style games, especially if it has any sudden/severe difficulty spikes. Wayward Sky was pretty pedestrian as far as difficulty goes, but there wasn't any "action" in Wayward Sky. It's hard to know how they approach difficulty when there is actual action involved.

Also, is Superhot a big deal? I remember seeing the trailer at Sony's E3 Experience and being like "Okay, that's a lot of red and white." lol.

mattmanp

Just found their video of impressions... I generally get kind of frustrated with RTS style games, especially if it has any sudden/severe difficulty spikes. Wayward Sky was pretty pedestrian as far as difficulty goes, but there wasn't any "action" in Wayward Sky. It's hard to know how they approach difficulty when there is actual action involved.

Also, is Superhot a big deal? I remember seeing the trailer at Sony's E3 Experience and being like "Okay, that's a lot of red and white." lol.

Superhot is good. It will make you feel like Neo from The Matrix. One of best Oculus games coming over, very excited.

Edit: for reference I guess, personally way more hyped for this than I ever was for Arizona Sunshine.

Top Bottom