• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Ok how do you get the free VR games with that Prime Bundle?

I don't see it anywhere

I re-upped Prime right now
Have it in my cart
Only have Headset + Camera, no games

I can get Bundle down to $245 total with Shop Points and a Gift Card, have another 186 coming from cash back to checking account so this bundle would be only $60-$70 out of pocket

Help please?

and bought! looks fun, thanks

Looks like multiplayer is mostly dead but when the PSVR update comes we can create our own matches and play together. Interesting thought.

Ok how do you get the free VR games with that Prime Bundle?

I don't see it anywhere

I re-upped Prime right now
Have it in my cart
Only have Headset + Camera, no games

I can get Bundle down to $245 total with Shop Poonts and a Gift Card

Help please?

The link I put up has the offer valid you just need to purchase on checkout and they will send you the codes via email.

GraveRobberX

Best stand?

Any ones you guys recommend, see the one on amazon are 28-50 bucks
Is it even necessary?

Can't believe I got the bundle and with all my backed up point and cash back things, bundle was $65.37 for me total

Tax hurt me with $35, fn NYC... oh wells!, gotta pay sales tax

I have $400 coming to me for my birthday to buy 1 of these later down the line, that will just be put away as a nest egg for PS5 then!

If you face any issues feel free to attack me xD

Hope everything turns out okay, welcome to the family.

Thanks, waiting on email codes...

This looks god awful. But VR patched and Aim patched!? Yea you got my attention.

I just played a good 40min of it, it has a lot of bad flaws but wow is the single player game addictive, it's like a old arcade wave shooter. For $1 it ain't half bad. I just want the VR Update + Aim so we finally have a PvP game we can play in.

Edit:

Pros:

- Game is fun if you like wave shooters
- Ranking system and gun variety is good
- Lots of settings to customize controller sensitivity (think Resident Evil 7)
- Can create custom matches online

Cons:

- Multiplayer is dead (figures as much)
- No gun recoil feedback on controller
- No Auto Aim or Aim Assist (this will not be a con with Aim update)
- Weird bug in inventory select where text is unreadable
- Slight frame drops

MattAces

I just played a good 40min of it, it has a lot of bad flaws but wow is the single player game addictive, it's like a old arcade wave shooter. For $1 it ain't half bad. I just want the VR Update + Aim so we finally have a PvP game we can play in.

Yea this definitely reminds me of those old random fps games. Just a dumb little fun game to shoot stuff.

Also whoever got Fantastic Contraption from UK/EU store, please report back with your impression asap! I'm thinking of getting it.

MattAces

Finally a gameplay trailer for that super weird Japanese Balancing game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGOtoLclq9U

Kaiji VR: Steel Beam Crossing of Despair will launch for PlayStation VR via the PlayStation Store in Japan on August 28 for 1,800 yen
SS_slider_kaiji_vr_2.jpg

LL_img_132844_1.jpg

img_132844_4.jpg

img_132844_2.jpg

Yea this definitely reminds me of those old random fps games. Just a dumb little fun game to shoot stuff.

Hopefully if the game gets enough support with the VR update the Dev will give more support to the game. Dev has been very supportive so far and has made a lot of updates to the game.

MattAces

Also Brookhaven is seriously WAY too dark. I thought it was just that one map that I've played long ago is very dark, but other maps are definitely patched to be darker too. Unplayable without the flashlight. Might have to let the dev know to fix this.

GraveRobberX

Well it arrives Thursday!

Amazon got me with their Prime stuff!

Now how does 1 set this up?, good instructions I hope, so many damn wires

Also do I wear the VR Headset first then my Sony Gold Headphones or first Gold then VR headset?

MattAces

Also do I wear the VR Headset first then my Sony Gold Headphones or first Gold then VR headset?

It's extremely easy to set it up, they literally numbered everything and you just match those number and plug it in. It has a huge ass instruction booklet.
Also some tips/practices for PSVR: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=241717344&postcount=2923

You don't need gold headphones.

Extra unit does the job for 3d sound and you can use the simple ear headphones that come with psvr.

gj dude.

it's REALLY easy to set up, even a chump like me got it working right away. the instructions had one huge simple picture per page lol. fool proof.

have fun! remember to buy Statik.

ISee

Is Farpoint playable without the Gun controller?
All this additional stuff makes choosing VR games a bit annoying tbh.

Put the PSVR on first, wear the Golds over the top.

Don't use wireless though. Plug directly into the 3.5mm jack on the VR cord to get 3D audio.

ISee

Is EVE Valkyrie the only PSVR 'space sim cockpit' game?
Just ordered my PSVR a few hours ago and I have many questions.

So far I'm buying Batman VR, Thumper and Bridge Crew but I'd really like to get something with "flying".

MattAces

So far I'm buying Batman VR, Thumper and Bridge Crew but I'd really like to get something with "flying".

You can try COD Jackal Assault free and Battlefront experience if you have Battlefront. As for space sim cockpit, Starblood Arena is kind of space sim cockpit I guess? But it's indoor. EVE Valkyrie is definitely the best option because you have cross platform play with PC. And then there's Battlezone, Rigs, and upcoming Ace Combat 7.

MattAces

New Dino Frontier trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJhHoZDfvc4

35467201050_242ce6d233_b.jpg

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...rns-with-ps-vrs-dino-frontier-out-1st-august/
Wayward Sky creator returns with PS VR's Dino Frontier, out 1st August
You can buy the game digitally for $29.99*ouch*. PlayStation Plus members can pre-order starting today with a 20% discount.
Dino Frontier lets you build and manage a frontier settlement in a world where the Wild West and Jurassic collide. You assume the role of Big Mayor overlooking your settlement in tabletop-scale VR. You'll be directing Settlers to harvest food, chop lumber, train dinosaurs, and more!
35467200390_558d51387f_b.jpg

DinoFrontier_screenshot04.jpg

DinoFrontier_screenshot05.jpg

Eagle Flight and How We Soar are also flying focused and primarily single player. I think EVE Valkyrie is the much better game and has a lot of longevity if you enjoy competitive multiplayer (get it on sale though).

darkwing

Eve is the only 'space sim', it has cross play with PC players like Bridge Crew

MattAces

Also a youtube guy from UK/EU region got Fantastic Contraption, and he couldn't find any Level Editor mode in the game. Definitely need more proof on this, but seems like they freaking removed the most important feature in the game.

ISee

Thx for the answers and sorry for all the questions but I'm new to the PSVR experience. Has Elite VR support on PS4?

MattAces

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...tion/cid=UP0551-CUSA07387_00-FCNA000000000001
Fantastic Contraption
Looks like there's a universal 10% discount.

The Below $5
We are getting rip off again, it's free "for a limited time" since release on Steam.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/superhot-vr/cid=UP2613-CUSA09143_00-USSUPERHOTVRGAME
Superhot VR $25 preorder (Bundle with base game $40)

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/dino-frontier/cid=UP0125-CUSA09012_00-DINOFRONTIER0000
Dino Frontier $30, universal discount to $24 now. Maybe I'll preorder this (since they mention discount is only for Plus but now it's universal (?))

You can try COD Jackal Assault free and Battlefront experience if you have Battlefront. As for space sim cockpit, Starblood Arena is kind of space sim cockpit I guess? But it's indoor. EVE Valkyrie is definitely the best option because you have cross platform play with PC. And then there's Battlezone, Rigs, and upcoming Ace Combat 7.
I agree. EVE Valkyrie is much better than COD and Battlefront VR missions. It's also a full game.

Battlezone is great too but it's not "flying"

MattAces

nice, so you throw the paper now?

Yep. It's actually the main feature of PC version, then they decided to make it DS4 only. And later on they patched in Aim support and now with Move.

I'm currently debating if I should preorder Dino Frontier early, since the 20% off for everybody might be a store error. The blog post clearly mentioned PS+ members only. Same goes to Fantastic Contraption but that isn't my priority.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...tion/cid=UP0551-CUSA07387_00-FCNA000000000001
Fantastic Contraption
Looks like there's a universal 10% discount.

The Below $5
We are getting rip off again, it's free "for a limited time" since release on Steam.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/superhot-vr/cid=UP2613-CUSA09143_00-USSUPERHOTVRGAME
Superhot VR $25 preorder (Bundle with base game $40)

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/dino-frontier/cid=UP0125-CUSA09012_00-DINOFRONTIER0000
Dino Frontier $30, universal discount to $24 now. Maybe I'll preorder this (since they mention discount is only for Plus but now it's universal (?))

These are some GREAT prices!!!

darkwing

Yep. It's actually the main feature of PC version, then they decided to make it DS4 only. And later on they patched in Aim support and now with Move.

I'm currently debating if I should preorder Dino Frontier early, since the 20% off for everybody might be a store error. The blog post clearly mentioned PS+ members only. Same goes to Fantastic Contraption but that isn't my priority.

nice! how much is it now

MattAces

nice! how much is it now

$10 (i think)

Dino Frontier is my type of game $24 hmmm. I can live with that.

Yea, but when it comes to regional store, it always screws me. US is still my secondary account, I'm primarily using Asia account. The chances of VR games getting same day release is very slim, there's no pre-order feature in Asia store. There's no PlayStation Blog to update what game is coming soon or whatsoever, only the week before release we will get to know from their freaking Facebook page, then again, they never update any VR games. It's a nightmare to be a PSVR gamer in Asia. Then what if the game did ended up being in Asia store and much cheaper (regional pricing may happen to some games) and what if there's some sort of discount code being distributed after I pre-order from US store.

Glix

Hey guys quick question about 3D audio and PSVR

Do ANY headphones work if you plug them into the dongle or do they have to be "surround" capable headphones for the 3D sound to work properly.

Thanks in advance!

MattAces

Do ANY headphones work if you plug them into the dongle or do they have to be "surround" capable headphones for the 3D sound to work properly.

Thanks in advance!

Any headphone will work. It's handled by the processor unit (?) or the PS4 I forgot. But yea, even the cheapest earbud will work.

darkwing

Thanks in advance!

just plug it in the dongle, doesn't matter

Thanks in advance!

Any 3.5mm jack headphone will be fine the PU unit does all the 3D audio.

I love how Prime Day got so many people to buy PSVR. Maybe a price drop really is all that PSVR needs for more people to buy it. Go figure :p

MattAces

Any 3.5mm jack headphone will be fine they PU unit does alll the 3D audio.

I love how Prime Day got so many people to buy PSVR. Maybe a price drop really is all that PSVR needs for more people to buy it. Go figure :p

Great to see there's so many people on the fence for getting it, giving it a chance. Plus it is such a wonderful time to join in with so many promising games in the coming months. We used to stuck in a period of people asking, "So what's the best/upcoming titles available?" and all we can say is "uhm yea they're coming, we promise" with no solid evidence (other than this and that developer is working on something!)

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Great to see there's so many people on the fence for getting it, giving it a chance. Plus it is such a wonderful time to join in with so many promising games in the coming months. We used to stuck in a period of people asking, "So what's the best/upcoming titles available?" and all we can say is "uhm yea they're coming, we promise" with no solid evidence (other than this and that developer is working on something!)

Well, we already have Farpoint and RE7 which are the two best VR games on any of the VR platforms which is a big incentive to go PSVR.

And yes, all the amazing upcoming stuff as well.

Top Bottom