• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

R6Rider

Gold Member
Next weekend I will go get my PS VR 2, but my question is... If there will be more video games coming soon... And is the charger really necessary? Or can I use the console to reload the controls?
Charger isn't necessary, just convenient. I just typically use my console or another wall charger.

There are plenty of games coming out still. Lots more before years end too.

Markio128

Gold Member
Next weekend I will go get my PS VR 2, but my question is... If there will be more video games coming soon... And is the charger really necessary? Or can I use the console to reload the controls?
There are two spare USB slots at the back of the PS5, so as long as you have 2 USB cables, you can use them to charge the controllers. Then use the one at the front for the Dualsense, or steering wheel.

aclar00

I just want higher quality experiences. RE8 still my favorite and highest quality game ive played (admittedly only played like 12 VR games).

Creed is pretty decent game for instance. Im one trophy from platininum, but its obvious it was made with last gen in mind. I dont mind that it's arcadey, but i would have assumed a boxing game would have the glove/punching mechanics down better.

Last edited:

SilentUser

I have a charging station, it makes things less clumsy and prettier imo. But it isn't a necessity, that's for sure.

There are plenty of exciting games incoming, but they are basically from indies and smaller studios. Hellsweeper, Bullertstorm, Phasmophobia, Vertigo 2, Racket Fury, The 7th Guest, Arizona Sunshine II and Vampire The Masquarede - Justice are some of the incoming titles that interests me. Edit: And Resident Evil 4 Remake, of course lol

Sony has been way too quiet for so long (and that's true for flat, too), so we still don't know what is coming from them.

Last edited:
Charger is totally optional. Any USB port will charge them. I have a power strip with like 6 USB ports so I just use that.

As for games, there are at least a dozen bangers worth owning. 20 minimum if you can stomach a bit of jank here and there. 4th quarter this year is flooded with potential bangers. Join the PSVRwithoutparole discord or subscribe to Bryan's YT channel, he truly is the best resource for PSVR news.

The Discord is a true asset, easy to find coop buddies and great discussions. Minimal negativity and everyone is super friendly. Developers post there too, such a great community.

Also, don't get discouraged if VR feels awful at first. It truly takes time to get accustomed to it. Please don't hesitate to post issues you come across, we're all happy to help you get through the initial VR pains so you can achieve maximum enjoyment!

Last edited:
I just want higher quality experiences. RE8 still my favorite and highest quality game ive played (admittedly only played like 12 VR games).

Creed is pretty decent game for instance. Im one trophy from platininum, but its obvious it was made with last gen in mind. I dont mind that it's arcadey, but i would have assumed a boxing game would have the glove/punching mechanics down better.
Check out Hubris if you want a sci fi action/platformer, it feels AAA. Organ Quarter is a PSX style survival horror and honestly a dream come true if you like RE or SH on the PSX. Legit one of the best Survival Horror games I've ever played.

Some no commentary playthroughs of each game so you can get an idea of what they're like.

Last edited:

aclar00

Just an FYI, i recently had issues with the left controller not charging on any outlet, including PS5. But i got it to work again by leaving it plugged into the PS5, turning the controller on and off (still had a small charge left) and then restarting the PS5 with the controller still plugged into the front USB port.

If i recall correctly, others mentioned they had similar issues.

Last edited:

SilentUser

Charger is totally optional. Any USB port will charge them. I have a power strip with like 6 USB ports so I just use that.

As for games, there are at least a dozen bangers worth owning. 20 minimum if you can stomach a bit of jank here and there. 4th quarter this year is flooded with potential bangers. Join the PSVRwithoutparole discord or subscribe to Bryan's YT channel, he truly is the best resource for PSVR news.

The Discord is a true asset, easy to find coop buddies and great discussions. Minimal negativity and everyone is super friendly. Developers post there too, such a great community.

Also, don't get discouraged if VR feels awful at first. It truly takes time to get accustomed to it. Please don't hesitate to post issues you come across, we're all happy to help you get through the initial VR pains so you can achieve maximum enjoyment!
Organ Quarter is such an interesting experience, played a little bit at my brother's home and it was a surprisingly cool experience. It is on my wishlist, but my main problema remains the same for this year: lack of free time to play 😭

Filldo

I guess I’ve had mine about a month now. I signed up for Amazon’s credit card on prime day and got $200 and purchased my VR through Amazon.

I’ve been gaming since the Atari days and this brings me back to that same feeling of awe and amazement.

I play it daily, especially Pistol Whip and Synth Riders. I’ve been losing weight because of those titles!

Synapse is one of my favorites, just cool design and great gameplay. Videos don’t do it Justice, it’s beautiful.

Working through resident evil village right now, quite frankly I can’t play that game flat ever again, VR just adds way too much to the experience so I’m super excited resident evil 4 is coming soon.

I have resident evil village, GT7, Red matter 2, pistol whip, synth riders, beat saber, walking dead, synapse, Tetris, humanity, walk about mini golf, after the fall, Cosmonious High and no man’s sky already and am looking forward to over a dozen more games coming out this year.

Other than the time I play Diablo 4 with my friends I am much VR only at this time until spider man 2 comes out next month.

I don’t really buy shit for myself but I’ve been wanting in on VR since I tried beat saber at my friends house years ago. But it is expensive. My wife was proud of me for finally spending some money on something I have wanted for a long time. Which is probably not the experience most married people have!

Now we have family game night with it cause my wife loves synth riders. We got our friends playing last night and now they are wanting to get one.

I think the price needs to come down quite a bit for it to be mainstream but it does feel like the future and it’s far better to me than flat screen gaming.

They really need kiosks where people can try for themselves. Oh and the hardware still needs more slimming down. But once headsets are smaller and cheaper I can’t see people not buying in. It’s just better being in the game than observing.

We also need a GTA type game!

But long story short version is that I love it and think VR is way better than regular gaming. The hardware is good enough at this point that I think we are gonna see bigger and better titles as it moves past its infancy.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Wow. Good contribution. fart town usa fart town usa

I have already decided, I am on vacation... So this Friday or Saturday I will go for the PS VR 2.

I think I'll go for the Horizon Bundle.

And I will accompany its launch with 2 of these 5 games.

- Pavlov.
-Star wars
- switchback
- A.I. Kizuna
- Organ Quater

Which is better and cheap for price?

Last edited:
Wow. Good contribution. fart town usa fart town usa

I have already decided, I am on vacation... So this Friday or Saturday I will go for the PS VR 2.

I think I'll go for the Horizon Bundle.

And I will accompany its launch with 2 of these 5 games.

- Pavlov.
-Star wars
- switchback
- A.I. Kizuna
- Organ Quater

Which is better and cheap for price?
I'd get Hubris instead of Star Wars, unless you're a massive SW fan. I'm basing that entirely on what PSVR2 YouTubers have said when people asked which is better.

I can't speak to the other games but I hear wonderful things about Pavlov and Switchback got a patch that greatly improved the visuals, etc.

As for Organ Quarter, if you adore RE 1996 and the OG SH, I really can't recommend it enough. It's not super interactive it comes to the environment around you but the charm is that you truly feel like you're inside a PSX game. It's easy to drop items too and they'll stay where you left them, but that can be bad when navigating areas (easy to accidentally drop a key item and not remember where it happened) so don't hesitate to tag me if you get it and have any questions. Also, gotta aim down the sights and shoot the head to do damage, some people don't realize that and think the aiming sucks (it doesn't). It's actually pretty neat cause you can move of course while shooting but it kind of forces you to stand your ground like in classic RE.

Be sure to add PSVR2 games to your PSN wishlist, many of them go on sale on a regular basis.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I gotta say, since the update, NMS looks amazing. Now if they'd only just let me use the analog sticks to control the spaceship it'd be even better.
NMS looks better and better the more I see it. I haven't played it since launch.

How do you control the ships if not the analog sticks?

SilentUser

I guess I’ve had mine about a month now. I signed up for Amazon’s credit card on prime day and got $200 and purchased my VR through Amazon.

I’ve been gaming since the Atari days and this brings me back to that same feeling of awe and amazement.

I play it daily, especially Pistol Whip and Synth Riders. I’ve been losing weight because of those titles!

Synapse is one of my favorites, just cool design and great gameplay. Videos don’t do it Justice, it’s beautiful.

Working through resident evil village right now, quite frankly I can’t play that game flat ever again, VR just adds way too much to the experience so I’m super excited resident evil 4 is coming soon.

I have resident evil village, GT7, Red matter 2, pistol whip, synth riders, beat saber, walking dead, synapse, Tetris, humanity, walk about mini golf, after the fall, Cosmonious High and no man’s sky already and am looking forward to over a dozen more games coming out this year.

Other than the time I play Diablo 4 with my friends I am much VR only at this time until spider man 2 comes out next month.

I don’t really buy shit for myself but I’ve been wanting in on VR since I tried beat saber at my friends house years ago. But it is expensive. My wife was proud of me for finally spending some money on something I have wanted for a long time. Which is probably not the experience most married people have!

Now we have family game night with it cause my wife loves synth riders. We got our friends playing last night and now they are wanting to get one.

I think the price needs to come down quite a bit for it to be mainstream but it does feel like the future and it’s far better to me than flat screen gaming.

They really need kiosks where people can try for themselves. Oh and the hardware still needs more slimming down. But once headsets are smaller and cheaper I can’t see people not buying in. It’s just better being in the game than observing.

We also need a GTA type game!

But long story short version is that I love it and think VR is way better than regular gaming. The hardware is good enough at this point that I think we are gonna see bigger and better titles as it moves past its infancy.
This is precisely what happened with me. Now way I'm playing in flat again after playing in VR, it is far, far more impressive. I adored the time I had with Village in VR, pretty sure Resident Evil 4 will also be outstanding!

Glad to see you are enjoying your experience with PSVR2, I love it despite it's flaws. Hopefully Sony and others are bringing lots of games to the platform! For now, I have nothing to complain: lots of great games available, plus quite a few interesting titles incoming.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Anyone who can tell how Firewall compares to Pavlov?

Is it too similar, or is there a big enough difference to own both?
Pavlov is similar to Counter Strike in it's gameplay and has no leveling and unlocks. Has more modes too.

Firewall is closer to Siege or maybe Search and Destroy in CoD. You have ranks, unlocks, and characters that have different skills.

Also, Firewall doesn't currently have manual reloads, resorting to button reloads. They are planning to add these later.
Pavlov has great VR AF reloads for each weapon.

Last edited:

SilentUser

Tomorrow’s broadcast will focus on updates to previously announced games coming to PlayStation consoles. From indie and PS VR2 highlights, to major upcoming titles from our third-party partners, our latest show has something for everyone!

Guess I'll watch the show 😎

PBao0tl.jpg
Very exciting, finally got a release window! The rest of the year is absolutely stacked for PSVR2.

If you're not aware, P: PH is often described as a RE1-type clone. It's on quest and all that, most people rave about it but I've been avoiding stuff about the game for the most part.

SilentUser

A virtual reality tactical action game experience with a high level of immersion, where the player will be one with the protagonist and take on a battle for the fate of the world.

The game will be releases first half of 2024 and will playable at the incoming TGS. More on the link:

No more new games?
Regarding the State of Play? Lots releasing from now until the end of the year weren't mentioned. Legit new games (rather than ports) off the top of my head.

The 7th Guest Remake
Vampire: The Masquerade: Justice
Hell slave (?) Can't remember if that's the name, game looks dope though and has co-op. Like turbo VR action game, doing flips and shit. Peak VR when it comes to freedom of movement.
Madison VR
Propagation: Paradise Hotel (already on quest but still a relatively new game.

One thing to keep mind is that PSVR2 mostly gets ports but the ports are arguably the best version of the game and usually have improvements.

There's so many more though, best bet is to check the PSVR2 section on PSN, games get loaded up all the time, even if there's no specific release date yet but the flood gates are about to burst. There's probably minimum 20 games releasing before 2024 and most of them look fantastic.

Last edited:

PanzerCute

Regarding the State of Play? Lots releasing from now until the end of the year weren't mentioned. Legit new games (rather than ports) off the top of my head.

The 7th Guest Remake
Hell slave (?) Can't remember if that's the name, game looks dope though and has co-op. Like turbo VR action game, doing flips and shit. Peak VR when it comes to freedom of movement.
Madison VR

One thing to keep mind is that PSVR2 mostly gets ports but the ports are arguably the best version of the game and usually have improvements.

There's so many more though, best bet is to check the PSVR2 section on PSN, games get loaded up all the time, even if there's no specific release date yet but the flood gates are about to burst. There's probably minimum 20 games releasing before 2024 and most of them look fantastic.
Hellsweeper I think is the name you are looking for :)

SilentUser

The 7th Guest Remake
Madison VR

Don't u dare to mistake the name of Hellsweeper! J/k of course, I'm very excited to play this game with my brother

SilentUser

gravity-daze-gravity-rush-kat-happy-excited.gif

oooW9mS.jpg

Look!!!!

I bought it today, I'm on vacation and it's a holiday in Mexico!!!

And it's not Christmas yet!!! :messenger_winking_tongue:

Im part of PS vr 2 team xD.

This is great! Welcome to the family, hopefully you will love the experience. Tell us your impressions and feel free to ask us anything. I will just add that I had some trouble getting used to it at the beginning, but then everything clicked and I don't even feel like playing flat most of the time.

By the way, I miss Kat 😭

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
This is great! Welcome to the family, hopefully you will love the experience. Tell us your impressions and feel free to ask us anything. I will just add that I had some trouble getting used to it at the beginning, but then everything clicked and I don't even feel like playing flat most of the time.

By the way, I miss Kat 😭

Of course, I will do my review, yesterday I played Horizon, today it is the turn of Gran Turismo and Resident evil village. I remember Kat every day, she has a big heart. 🥰

SilentUser

Of course, I will do my review, yesterday I played Horizon, today it is the turn of Gran Turismo and Resident evil village. I remember Kat every day, she has a big heart. 🥰
Village remains my favorite PSVR2 title, but also love NMS, Demeo, Red Matter 2, The Light Brigade and Moss. They are all special by different reasons, I feel like there are great games for all tastes.

Top Bottom