• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Played some Coop in After the Fall last night. It was good fun.

Only other time I played it was with randoms and on the highest difficulty. To the user bases credit, everyone was super friendly and helpful but just wasn't fun having the basic handgun and hanging back to avoid death.

Playing on a proper difficulty with buddies was fun. I wish you earned more money cause the loop is find floppy discs to unlock guns/mods but you don't earn a ton of cash to purchase said guns/mods, thankfully the missions are relatively short.

Worth getting when it's on sale if you have friends for coop though.

Also did a run in Hellsweeper, man that game is awesome but just trying to distance myself a bit from it cause I really don't want to play the whole game with such soft visuals.

Picked up Sairento too for PSVR, on sale for cheap (12 when normally 40), spiritual prequel to Hellsweeper, looking forward to trying it out.

Last edited:

SilentUser

Sometimes I play After the Fall with my brother. It is a fun game, though the artstyle is ugly (reminds me a lot of 7 days to die!), it could use more variety. Still recommend it to play with friends, though :)

Also, just when I bought Galaxy Karts and they announced a demo! It is fine, the game is cheap anyway.

PanzerCute

According to the devs of Vampire Masquerade on Reddit, the game will be around 10 to 15 hours to complete and have foveated rendering.

The game looks quite cool, and I was afraid it was gonna be too short and be released in a shitty state.

Definitely looking for a day one purchase now!

Last edited:
I saw the AS2 clip, looks great. The first game is great, shame it's not on PSVR2. The campaign and DLC are solid, especially in coop.

Glad to hear about foveated rendering in Vampire. Game has the potential to be the real deal.

SilentUser

I loved the first one and After The Fall so this one is a no brainer.
Never played the first one, but that very short gif made me very curious about the game. Tomorrow we will know more!

I saw the AS2 clip, looks great. The first game is great, shame it's not on PSVR2. The campaign and DLC are solid, especially in coop.

Glad to hear about foveated rendering in Vampire. Game has the potential to be the real deal.
Vampire is turning out a very interesting title. So glad they are supporting foveated, it usually makes so much difference in terms of IQ.

SilentUser

Among Us VR is coming to PS VR2​

Among Us VR is coming to PS VR2

Last edited:

saintjules

Gold Member

I suddenly have the itch to fire up the VR2. Seems there's quite a bit to catch up on.

I got Cats after getting the headset. My worry is that they might try to play with the cord while I'm playing. Anyone have any Pets and what they do to keep them away from the cords? I use cord protectors for my charging cables, but wondering something could help for this.

SilentUser

Become a galactic spy in Journey to Foundation, out October 26 on PS VR2​

Become a galactic spy in Journey to Foundation, out October 26 on PS VR2

When players are dropped into the role of Agent Ward in Journey to Foundation, they will be immersed through:

• Haptic feedback
  • Eye-tracking
  • Adaptive triggers
  • Controller tracking
  • 4K HDR

I suddenly have the itch to fire up the VR2. Seems there's quite a bit to catch up on.

I got Cats after getting the headset. My worry is that they might try to play with the cord while I'm playing. Anyone have any Pets and what they do to keep them away from the cords? I use cord protectors for my charging cables, but wondering something could help for this.
I play in another room entirely. Lock them in the bathroom w/ copious amounts of cat nip. 👌

Become a galactic spy in Journey to Foundation, out October 26 on PS VR2​

Become a galactic spy in Journey to Foundation, out October 26 on PS VR2

When players are dropped into the role of Agent Ward in Journey to Foundation, they will be immersed through:

• Haptic feedback
  • Eye-tracking
  • Adaptive triggers
  • Controller tracking
  • 4K HDR
October is nuts. Thanks goodness most of the games are only $30 or less.

FunkMiller

I would dearly love something of a high enough quality t come out that makes me pick my PSVR2 up again for the first time in months, but it feels like RE4 might be the only thing like that. Where are all the Alyx scale VR games?

I would dearly love something of a high enough quality t come out that makes me pick my PSVR2 up again for the first time in months, but it feels like RE4 might be the only thing like that. Where are all the Alyx scale VR games?
Hubris is dope. It's probably not HL: Alyx levels of quality but it's hard to achieve that considering most VR studios are tiny and don't have the resources that Valve has. Also Red Matter 2, the game looks stunning on PSVR2 and is just damn good all around. Incredible gaming experience.

Have you played Alyx? I haven't myself and while I have no doubt that the game is fantastic, people who have played both Alyx and Village say that Village is a better VR game if not the best VR game available.

I hear what you're saying though but VR as a whole (outside of PC mods) isn't really known for massive AAA games. Studios just aren't there yet.

These games are all releasing in the coming months and might be what you're looking for;

Vampire the Masquerade: Justice
7th Guest Remake
Foglands
Arizona Sunshine 2
Journey to Foundation
RE4 (obviously)
Madison VR

There are others but the release schedule is so packed from now until 12/31 that I have a hard time remembering them all.

FunkMiller

Hubris is dope. It's probably not HL: Alyx levels of quality but it's hard to achieve that considering most VR studios are tiny and don't have the resources that Valve has. Also Red Matter 2, the game looks stunning on PSVR2 and is just damn good all around. Incredible gaming experience.

Have you played Alyx? I haven't myself and while I have no doubt that the game is fantastic, people who have played both Alyx and Village say that Village is a better VR game if not the best VR game available.

I hear what you're saying though but VR as a whole (outside of PC mods) isn't really known for massive AAA games. Studios just aren't there yet.

These games are all releasing in the coming months and might be what you're looking for;

Vampire the Masquerade: Justice
7th Guest Remake
Foglands
Arizona Sunshine 2
Journey to Foundation
RE4 (obviously)
Madison VR

There are others but the release schedule is so packed from now until 12/31 that I have a hard time remembering them all.

Played and finished both Alyx and Village. Alyx is the better game. I had Red Matter 2 on Quest 2 prior to its PSVR 2 launch, and its a great game, but still quite short and not to the scale of Alyx. Hubris bored me a bit to be honest. Lost interest about half way.

I think it's a real shame that over 3 years later, we've still not had a dedicated VR game come out that challenges it. The VR ports of games like RE are great, but nothing's really lent on the things only VR can do better than Alyx so far.

Behemoth is the one I hope is really good.

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

Played and finished both Alyx and Village. Alyx is the better game. I had Red Matter 2 on Quest 2 prior to its PSVR 2 launch, and its a great game, but still quite short and not to the scale of Alyx. Hubris bored me a bit to be honest. Lost interest about half way.

I think it's a real shame that over 3 years later, we've still not had a dedicated VR game come out that challenges it. The VR ports of games like RE are great, but nothing's really lent on the things only VR can do better than Alyx so far.

Behemoth is the one I hope is really good.
Dont expect any AAA game stricly vr, market is just too small. Best we can hope is more flat games conversions like briliant gt7, village and soon re4 remake.

Hellsweeper got a patch yesterday that slightly improved the visuals. Still more upgrades to come in the resolution department.

I'd say at this point the game is at typical PSVR visuals but it's important to keep in mind that the gameplay is smooth as can be and I haven't come across any type of jank or bugs. I'm sure it exists but I haven't noticed anything in the 4 hours I've put into it.

Here's some combat from last night. No flips cause my basement ceiling is too low. You might ask yourself, "WTF is even going on?" but remember that the FOV is larger in the headset. The game is constant movement, lots of double jumps, bullet time, etc. I've found great success with dual swords and my trusty dog but there are guns, fire spells, rock tossing spells, etc. Lots of things to unlock too with level progression.

I'm loving this game, it's just so frantic and fun. The controls are so good once you get used to them.

Last edited:

SilentUser

Arizona Sunshine 2 previews!

Arizona Sunshine 2 Preview: The Dead Dog Trope Is Scarier In VR
I'm emotionally prepared for the downfall of humanity, not for losing my doggy best friend.

Arizona Sunshine 2 preview - a brilliantly paced shooter that gave me House of the Dead vibes​

Steal my sunshine

Arizona Sunshine 2

Top Bottom