• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Oh no... Curious to see what other reviewers will say about the game (specially Without Parole, which, btw, is advising against buying the game rn), being low res bothers me a lot, specially in VR.

I'm fine holding off for the time being. Just saves me some money for other games releasing this quarter. I do plan on getting it before the year is over though, it looks too unique and over the top to pass up.

sncvsrtoip

Hellsweeper devs explanation of psvr2 game state:
hellsweeper-vr-update-in-the-works-developers-message-from-v0-8bpxmml5ljpb1.jpg

hellsweeper-vr-update-in-the-works-developers-message-from-v0-6ir48bp5ljpb1.jpg

Last edited:
I thought payday was next week but it was actually today.

The dog piling has me interested in Hellsweeper, I plan on getting it after work and will post some impressions.

Wes from VirtualStrangers is about the most level-headed VR gamer out there and owns multiple headsets. He also says the graphics are sub par and that most people should wait for the patch but he also said the game plays fine and he wasn't really noticing the graphic issues during all the action. It's also 90fps so it's not like it's 60 reprojected.

It is what it is for the time being.

I ended up getting Hellsweeper and played a bit just now during lunch. The visuals are definitely soft, I wouldn't say they're blurry cause the fps isn't the issue, it's the resolution.

Gameplay wise it seems great though. Smooth, responsive. Only completed the prologue but I can already tell that the game is gonna be wild.

Once they get the foveated rendering in and the image gets sharp, it's gonna be completely insane. I'll post more impressions tonight, likely gonna coop with someone.

Last edited:

Haint

They were really candid and honest about it, also gave us a detailed explanation about what happened. I appreciate that a lot and will keep an eye on it, as it seems that the gameplay is pretty cool. Will buy it someday, that's for sure.
Thanks for sharing!

I ended up getting Hellsweeper and played a bit just now during lunch. The visuals are definitely soft, I wouldn't say they're blurry cause the fps isn't the issue, it's the resolution.

Gameplay wise it seems great though. Smooth, responsive. Only completed the prologue but I can already tell that the game is gonna be wild.

Once they get the foveated rendering in and the image gets sharp, it's gonna be completely insane. I'll post more impressions tonight, likely gonna coop with someone.

Not sure what could be bringing PS5 to its knees here, the recent PC demo looked very much like an indie 2016 PCVR launch game.

Not sure what could be bringing PS5 to its knees here, the recent PC demo looked very much like an indie 2016 PCVR launch game.
I think they just focused on getting the gameplay/framerate/bugs ironed out and decided early on to not focus on foveated rendering for PSVR2. That seems to be what the upcoming patches will address.

It's a bummer for sure but there really is something to be said if a game plays great at launch but doesn't necessarily look the greatest, it's like at least the developers really did focus on gameplay first. Thankfully I don't suffer motion sickness at all so it's mostly just an annoyance knowing how much better it could look.

We know improvements are coming though so just gotta be patient.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Has anyone experienced a bit of eye pain or burning after using the PS VR 2?

There are times when when using it, I feel a lot of sweat.... Before, this was not present in the PS VR... But I don't know if I'm the only one.

Has anyone experienced a bit of eye pain or burning after using the PS VR 2?

There are times when when using it, I feel a lot of sweat.... Before, this was not present in the PS VR... But I don't know if I'm the only one.
Probably just be sweat/oil in your eyeballs. It definitely happens to me here and there.

Get some eye drops and apply as needed, should resolve it. Wash your face too with warm water after playing.

Worst case scenario would be a rubber sensitivity. If eye drops don't fix it I'd look into the headset cover on vrcover.com, it's like $30 and people rave about it. Been meaning to get one. It's just a denim style cloth that fits over the rubber parts.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Probably just be sweat/oil in your eyeballs. It definitely happens to me here and there.

Get some eye drops and apply as needed, should resolve it. Wash your face too with warm water after playing.

Worst case scenario would be a rubber sensitivity. If eye drops don't fix it I'd look into the headset cover on vrcover.com, it's like $30 and people rave about it. Been meaning to get one. It's just a denim style cloth that fits over the rubber parts.
To clean the VR lenses, is it only with microfiber cloth?

To clean the VR lenses, is it only with microfiber cloth?
Yea, only use micro fiber on the lenses. I use a white t-shirt to wipe off the rubber parts that touch my face.

I went to a local eye doctor and bought a large cloth for a few bucks. I know there are cloth pens and other things but you'd be fine with a nice large cloth. I just cut it into smaller squares and toss them after a few weeks of use.

Last edited:
Hellsweeper VR is dope so far. I'm not the best with finishing roguelikes but the gameplay is really solid.

It's quite brutal and I still have much to master but I'm starting to get the hang of it. It's super chaotic and sometimes really frustrating but there are so many options at your disposal. It's like constant movement, bullet time, jumping, wall running, chopping enemies to bits, shooting guns and shit. It's really wild.

Resolution is such a let down though. I won't even say graphics are bad cause the game looks fantastic but it's like watching a VHS on a 4k TV, lol. It's just so stretched, it's not sharp at all, not much clarity. The game is going to be absolutely stunning if they manage to get the foveated rendering down w/ native 90fps.

Here's a clip of the combat working. So satisfying when it all comes together.

Last edited:
Should have delayed the game and launched with all the proper patches, but probably there's a push from the company to release the game in that state to $$$$$
I'll buy whenever the visual patch is out and confirmed to be legit, otherwise they aren't getting my money. Already sick of this games launching like that...
Yea, it's really a shame cause it's easily one of most bug free/smooth VR experiences I've ever had at launch but the visuals completely detract from the launch discussion. The game could seriously have been a game that turned heads and maybe got some people on the fence to jump in and get a headset but yea, the narrative is completely sideways now. They really should have given the user base a heads up, I think it would have softened the blow quite a bit.

FWIW, most of the weird bugs seems to be affecting Quest/PCVR users. Coop issues are across all platforms but that's being actively worked on right now. PSVR2 looks the worst but seems to play the best based on what the developer discord is saying.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Screenshot won't load in but Jim Ryan commented on a potential PSVR2 Home (PS3). Sounds like they are actively working on it or at least researching it.

Timestamp is in the description

Even if it's not Home. A VR social space would be great. I was hoping for at least a different console menu when you turn on the headset so that it drops you into a virtual space.

Filldo

Hellsweeper VR is dope so far. I'm not the best with finishing roguelikes but the gameplay is really solid.

It's quite brutal and I still have much to master but I'm starting to get the hang of it. It's super chaotic and sometimes really frustrating but there are so many options at your disposal. It's like constant movement, bullet time, jumping, wall running, chopping enemies to bits, shooting guns and shit. It's really wild.

Resolution is such a let down though. I won't even say graphics are bad cause the game looks fantastic but it's like watching a VHS on a 4k TV, lol. It's just so stretched, it's not sharp at all, not much clarity. The game is going to be absolutely stunning if they manage to get the foveated rendering down w/ native 90fps.

Here's a clip of the combat working. So satisfying when it all comes together.

This is one of my most wanted VR games after checking out their earlier game. I'm going to wait just cause I have to move in October so funds will be tight. I was bummed but seeing that it needs some updates for the foveated rendering makes it easier to wait an extra month or two. Glad it plays well! I checked out your video and it looks like a ton of fun!

This is one of my most wanted VR games after checking out their earlier game. I'm going to wait just cause I have to move in October so funds will be tight. I was bummed but seeing that it needs some updates for the foveated rendering makes it easier to wait an extra month or two. Glad it plays well! I checked out your video and it looks like a ton of fun!
That's smart. Yea, the game is great and will be so much better when you get around to it. Crisp visuals are gonna take the game to 11.👌

nashman

Screenshot won't load in but Jim Ryan commented on a potential PSVR2 Home (PS3). Sounds like they are actively working on it or at least researching it.

Timestamp is in the description

I love my PSVR2 but Sony has done the bare min outside of the hardware itself. Id pay 29,99 per month for a NFL or NHL App that let me watch games for midfieald. Meta has this NBA to mixed results. Where is PS HOME??? It was on PS3 FFS . Sony? Hello? Do something other than COTM. If this thing dies like the Vita then Im OK Put in 100 hr plus got my money worth. Shame on Sony for not putting in more effort after very good hardware.

SilentUser

Does anyone here have Galaxy Kart VR? I know it is very short in content, but there is an update incoming with 2 new tracks. I would like to know if the gameplay is any good and if it has crossplay ☺️

Does anyone here have Galaxy Kart VR? I know it is very short in content, but there is an update incoming with 2 new tracks. I would like to know if the gameplay is any good and if it has crossplay ☺️
Bryan from PSVRwithoutparole is a big advocate for it. I guess the game has received some great improvements since launch and will soon support racing wheels so you can steer and toss items with your other hand, just like Mario Kart.

I don't know if it's crossplay but I plan on getting it at some point.

I picked up RuinsMagus for cheap and played the first few missions yesterday. It's pretty fun, definitely looks/sounds like a JRPG but it's an action game at it's core. The aiming is whack, seems like the same issue Beat Saber had on PSVR2 at launch. Basically aiming isn't centered, it's probably the way the PSVR2 controllers are centered compared to quest, etc.

I did message the developers on their discord and they said they'd look into it. Hopefully it gets patched cause I enjoyed my time but the aiming is such a distraction.

Still loving Hellsweeper but I'm just gonna casually grind and experiment before I really dig in. The gameplay is awesome but the resolution is so poor. Seeing how much I enjoy the game, I'd rather wait for the resolution to be improved so I can get a better overall experience.

XXL

So dope. I wonder if it's a free upgrade for those who own it on PSVR, I'll get it regardless though.

edit: Nice, says it right there, "free upgrade"

It's a dope game, you'll really dig it. All puzzles though, no shooting but yea, you'll still dig it I'm sure.
Perfect.

Red Matter 2 is fucking outstanding, it's current #2 or #3 on my personal GOTY list.

Baldur's Gate 3 is #1.

PanzerCute

I just realised that Paper Beasts was offered for PS4 during Days of Play, and I downloaded it at the time (tbh I completely forgot)

Good news is that you can upgrade to the PSVR2 version for only 5 bucks!

I advise you to check too, that was a nice surprise!

SilentUser

I just realised that Paper Beasts was offered for PS4 during Days of Play, and I downloaded it at the time (tbh I completely forgot)

Good news is that you can upgrade to the PSVR2 version for only 5 bucks!

I advise you to check too, that was a nice surprise!
Damn you are right. I wasn't sure if I would be benefited because I got the PS4 version for free, but the small fee is there. Just bought it, that price is almost a steal lol. Thanks for the heads up!

PanzerCute

Damn you are right. I wasn't sure if I would be benefited because I got the PS4 version for free, but the small fee is there. Just bought it, that price is almost a steal lol. Thanks for the heads up!
You are welcome :)

Really happy as I was gonna buy it anyway.

I could not play a lot of VR this summer so I have a long list of games to catch up with already, and looking at what will release soon, I guess I am gonna spend stupid amount of money in VR games again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom