• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Even more games are on sale now!

Cosmodread, Hubris, Pixel Ripped 1978, Another Fisherman's Tale, Switchback, and plenty more that I couldn't see because not in my Wishlist or I already had.

Picked up Hubris for $20.
Nice. I freaking loved Hubris. Hope you dig it.

Cosmodread is dope too, it's damn terrifying and is kind of like an indie roguelike Dead Space. I got it at launch but am waiting for winter to really dive into it.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Nice. I freaking loved Hubris. Hope you dig it.

Cosmodread is dope too, it's damn terrifying and is kind of like an indie roguelike Dead Space. I got it at launch but am waiting for winter to really dive into it.
I'm thinking of grabbing it too since it's only $10 right now.

I'm thinking of grabbing it too since it's only $10 right now.
Totally worth $10, just keep in mind that you'll be getting your ass kicked before you get upgrades. The game involves powering sections of the space ship you're on and you need to collect blueprints to 3D print items. The blueprints stay unlocked for future playthroughs and the ship layout changes each time you start a run. Enemies don't respawn in areas where there is power but there's only so many batteries to power the ship. People swear by the game. I've only did a few runs and it was quite intense cause you're insanely vulnerable at first. Scary as hell too.

Audio logs and files to unlock and also game modifiers to make it easier, more difficult. Lots of replay value if you really get engaged with it.

sncvsrtoip

I like PSVR without parole but his reviews are absolutely ridiculous. He gave so many games 9+/10 that it doesn't help at all to check his content.

Still, cool for this game, but I don't trust that guy's opinions, he is way too shallow and subjective about everything.
He is very enthusiastic so usualy I would remove 1 point of many of his reviews scores ;d But if you are in to horror game (and dont mind its 4h length tough its 20$) you want to check it, 120fps native ! Pumpkin also like a lot title

Last edited:

PanzerCute

He is very enthusiastic so usualy I would remove 1 point of many of his reviews scores ;d But if you are in to horror game (and dont mind its 4h length tough its 20$) you want to check it, 120fps native ! Pumpkin also like a lot title

I am quite keen on the game yes :D

On another topic I saw that the new dlc for Puzzling Places is about old french castles, most of them I visited several times (like the Chambord Castle that inspired Anor Londo in Dark Souls).

As a baguette, I am very happy about this!

Rob_27

Waiting for the above to unlock. What is do wish now that Quest 3 is out that PSVR2 will allow 3D Blurays or ability to play own files.

I like PSVR without parole but his reviews are absolutely ridiculous. He gave so many games 9+/10 that it doesn't help at all to check his content.

Still, cool for this game, but I don't trust that guy's opinions, he is way too shallow and subjective about everything.
Yea, Bryan's a good guy with a great discord but I generally don't really like his reviews too much either. I actually think he scores many games too low and is sometimes unfair in knocking points for things he feels should be in the game. I also don't like his insistence that games should be VRAF (VR as fuck). It'd be one thing if VR had a deluge of AAA titles that were lacking in VR mechanics but most games are from tiny teams with limited resources/budgets. He also has no problem with throwing some games under the bus in reviews if they have a bit of jank but then Firewall is so broken that he doesn't even review it. That last thing is total BS IMO. He did tell people not to buy the game but it's just messed up when he's alright with putting out reviews that dump on tiny teams but then more or less shields a broken Sony published title.

Some of the VR influencers seem burnt out and I feel like it's affecting how they approach games. How fun can it be to plow through games with editing and script writing in the back of your head? It's like having a gun to your head, really dislike that aspect of YT reviewers.

Last edited:
Oh man, this looks so great and it is very promising, even if it is short. Very tempted to buy it and happily die of a heart attack while playing the game.
I'm getting it after work, will definitely share some impressions.

Edit- went home for lunch and booted it up for a minute. Looks great, resolution is on point. Only $19.99 too, didn't realize that, figured it'd be $30. What a steal!

Last edited:
45 minutes into Propagation: Paradise Hotel and so far it is suuuuper reminiscent of the first RE. Quite scary too.

Made it to the first save room and also killed my first zombie. They can come back to life though and there's no shortage of dead bodies lying in the hallways so it's quite tense to say the least. Tons of locked doors as well. Pretty damn dark and there's a flashlight mechanic, batteries run out too.... there are files to pick up, the map system looks like RE 96 and RE2. It shows your exact location in real-time though, as well as the location of your objective. The map isn't auto-filled though, fills as you explore.

Game looks fantastic and plays well. You have a RE2make style fanny pack and it's context sensitive so if you're holding the flashlight, you can reach down and it will auto select a battery to grab. Handgun in hand auto selects a magazine, etc. Manual reloading too with the gun, Square to eject clip, grab a new one and well, you know the drill. You use first aid spray and refill it with small bottles of antiseptic. There's a bit of a dodge mechanic, L3 is run and if you press L3 and move left or right, it's basically a dodge/quick side step.

Gameplay feels super polished and the visuals are great. This isn't Capcom territory but it's Unreal engine and looks solid. Definitely an example of an indie developer putting in work for their PSVR2 version of the game. Well worth the $20 price tag IMO, seems like a total steal so far.

Has an Easy mode too, Medium is the default, then there's Hard and something above it, Nightmare maybe? I'm playing on Medium, says it's the "propagation experience"

If you watch any streams, be mindful of how dark it is, the game is dark but streaming direct from the PS5 always makes things darker than it really is and this game looks insanely dark when I went back and watched some footage just now.

Gotta get through this before the 19th cause as excited as I was for this game, I think I'm even more excited for 7th guest VR.

Last edited:

SilentUser

Double post, but it appears there is a new round of discounts for PSVR2 titles on PS Store: Synapse is among them (20% discount). Someone said Moss and Walking Dead are also discounted now. Will buy Synapse, finally. In two weeks I should have more free time to play some games.

scydrex

Oh man... I'm seriously considering buying Propagation: Paradise Hotel now. If I become inactive, it's because I had a heart attack and died playing this game.
Is it good? I will not buy anything right now. Got enough games. Only moss 1&2 maybe if it's on discount. When Astrobot psrv2 port? 🥲

Last edited:

SilentUser

You made it through House Beneviento right? That's like basically end game horror. Should have helped a little anyway lol!
I did! Some moments in that place almost killed me lmao. And I have to say, I had tons of trouble right at the beggining of the game (that damn hut). Yes, I'm a chicken.

Is it good? I will not buy anything right now. Got enough games. Only moss 1&2 maybe if it's on discount. When Astrobot psrv2 port? 🥲
Will tell you as soon as I play it. I'm drowning in games, but always in need to buy more. Also, must buy Red Matter 1, too.

It's really good but it's only $20 so no harm in waiting. Unless you're an absolute fanatic for RE or horror, I say wait and play what you have. Price isn't going up so no worries. 👌

SilentUser

Had a really, really short time to try Propagation and Synapse. My first impression on both are the best possible! Sharp image on both, which is great.

Propagation sounds great, the story might be basic, but cool anyway.

Synapse features a great art style and the gameplay seems solid. Can't wait to play more.

Also, there is a Hubris trial available right now! Had a very brief moment with it, looks better than I thought.

Sunday can't come soon enough!

Last edited:
Had a really, really short time to try Propagation and Synapse. My first impression on both are the best possible! Sharp image on both, which is great.

Propagation sounds great, the story might be basic, but cool anyway.

Synapse features a great art style and the gameplay seems solid. Can't wait to play more.

Also, there is a Hubris trial available right now! Had a very brief moment with it, looks better than I thought.

Sunday can't come soon enough!
I freaking love Hubris. It honestly makes no sense to me why it has kind of a "meh" vibe from some PSVR2 influencers. To each their own, and the game does have the occasional tracking issue when climbing, but for me personally, it's easily top 5 VR experiences for me and easily one of the best looking games I've experienced in the headset so far. I really hope that trial being available helps turn the tide with pushing the reception to something more positive because I really want to see what the developers come up with next.

It's also why I recently started a Twitter account, to be more engaged in the VR space and get my impressions out there. I have nothing against VR influencers but there's only a handful and sometimes the way they describe games just really rubs me the wrong way. They can easily prevent thousands of potential sales and I think it's really messed up considering how much weight they have in the VR space and how much of a detriment it can be for these small studios.

Damn, I was trying to capture Propagation footage through Elgato/OBS but yea, the output is just so ridiculously dark that it seems like there's no way to actual brighten the image so people can actually see what's happening, lol.

It's a shame cause there are so many opportunities to get great clips that show what the game is like.

elbourreau

Damn, I was trying to capture Propagation footage through Elgato/OBS but yea, the output is just so ridiculously dark that it seems like there's no way to actual brighten the image so people can actually see what's happening, lol.

It's a shame cause there are so many opportunities to get great clips that show what the game is like.
Not even tweaking OBS recorded gamma?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Here is a PCVR review and doesn't seem to have the dark social screen output.

If I encounter this monster, I will make this move.

buenosdias-amor.gif

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I am quite keen on the game yes :D

On another topic I saw that the new dlc for Puzzling Places is about old french castles, most of them I visited several times (like the Chambord Castle that inspired Anor Londo in Dark Souls).

As a baguette, I am very happy about this!

Here is a PCVR review and doesn't seem to have the dark social screen output.

Yea, it's purely a PS5 issue, it was the same thing for me in Village but this is much worse unfortunately. Thankfully PCVR probably looks similar to PSVR2, for those who are interested in seeing what the flow of the game is like.

Makes me think of when RE4make previews were dropping, crushed blacks and all that. Not sure if it was ever confirmed but it just looked like typical sub-par PS5 capture issues.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Yea, it's purely a PS5 issue, it was the same thing for me in Village but this is much worse unfortunately. Thankfully PCVR probably looks similar to PSVR2, for those who are interested in seeing what the flow of the game is like.

Makes me think of when RE4make previews were dropping, crushed blacks and all that. Not sure if it was ever confirmed but it just looked like typical sub-par PS5 capture issues.
According to a few posts on reddit, the Propagation devs said they are looking into the issue after some players mentioning it on Twitter.

Markio128

Gold Member
Has anyone played propagation hotel yet? Are spare undies a requirement? Visually it looks great, and the reviews have all been positive, but I’m just not sure if I’d soil myself after 10 minutes and never play it again.

Last edited:
Has anyone played propagation hotel yet? Are spare undies a requirement? Visually it looks great, and the reviews have all been positive, but I’m just not sure if I’d soil myself after 10 minutes and never play it again.
It's dope dude. Like honestly one of the best games on PSVR2 in terms of quality and price, it's $20.

The VR mechanics are so damn polished and just super seamless, very little jank if any at all.

It's also terrifying. The general consensus is that the game is 4 hours long, some are saying they finished it in 2. I've put in 2 hours, closer to 3 with save scumming and I feel like I'm probably half way done.

There are 4 difficulties, 30 collectable figures to find. A shit ton of locked doors, narrow hallways filled with corpses and zombies come back to life, repeatedly. They're all crimson heads really.

The mechanics work so well that if you want, you can play like some some kind of special ops badass. Creeping around, flashlight can be held or strapped to your chest. Gun in hand, slowly opening doors and peering into rooms to make sure the coast is clear. It's so immersive.

Sound can activate zombies so I don't dare run anywhere. Manual gun reloads. It's the real deal, basically a mix of RE 96 and REmake. It honestly has no business being as good as it is considering it's only $20.

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
It's dope dude. Like honestly one of the best games on PSVR2 in terms of quality and price, it's $20.

The VR mechanics are so damn polished and just super seamless, very little jank if any at all.

It's also terrifying. The general consensus is that the game is 4 hours long, some are saying they finished it in 2. I've put in 2 hours, closer to 3 with save scumming and I feel like I'm probably half way done.

There are 4 difficulties, 30 collectable figures to find. A shit ton of locked doors, narrow hallways filled with corpses and zombies come back to life, repeatedly. They're all crimson heads really.

The mechanics work so well that if you want, you can play like some some kind of special ops badass. Creeping around, flashlight can be held or strapped to your chest. Gun in hand, slowly opening doors and peering into rooms to make sure the coast is clear. It's so immersive.

Sound can activate zombies so I don't dare run anywhere. Manual gun reloads. It's the real deal, basically a mix of RE 96 and REmake. It honestly has no business being as good as it is considering it's only $20.
Sounds awesome. I’m likely going to get it (the price is perfect) and probably play on the easiest setting to begin with, just to lower the terror factor for the 1st go.

Top Bottom