• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

scydrex

Yea, I dunno if I'm just ignorant or don't notice it but I really never have issues with finding the sweet spot. Do what you gotta do though, it's expensive and it's understandable to go with a different headset that simply works better for you. I also have only the PSVR to compare it to. Never played on a Quest before.
I never had problems finding the sweet spot. The headset is perfect for me. I put it on and find the sweet spot right away. Very easy to me.

SilentUser

Yea, I dunno if I'm just ignorant or don't notice it but I really never have issues with finding the sweet spot. Do what you gotta do though, it's expensive and it's understandable to go with a different headset that simply works better for you. I also have only the PSVR to compare it to. Never played on a Quest before.
I still have to try Quest 3, but I think you will love it. Played on Quest 2 and the bigger sweet spot is such a bless, Quest 3 is even bigger. Can't wait to try it out!
But I do understand not having a problem with PSVR2 sweet spot, I don't have it either. I love the experience: colors, deep black, eye tracking (it is still so cool to use it!) and specially the haptics and the headset rumble. Also, I find it comfortable and that's why I never bought a 3rd party solution.
Man... I just wish VR goes really big asap. Nothing gaming related tops the awe of feeling inside the game. Village was surreal, I loved just to explore the scenarios.

I still have to try Quest 3, but I think you will love it. Played on Quest 2 and the bigger sweet spot is such a bless, Quest 3 is even bigger. Can't wait to try it out!
But I do understand not having a problem with PSVR2 sweet spot, I don't have it either. I love the experience: colors, deep black, eye tracking (it is still so cool to use it!) and specially the haptics and the headset rumble. Also, I find it comfortable and that's why I never bought a 3rd party solution.
Man... I just wish VR goes really big asap. Nothing gaming related tops the awe of feeling inside the game. Village was surreal, I loved just to explore the scenarios.
💯

I really wish people would just be more accepting of VR, it's such a bummer that so many gamers write it off and the major outlets/influencers treat it like a fad or just ignore it. It's like how can you be so flippant to these small indie studios? They aren't making crap money grab mobile games. These are legit games from people trying to push the medium. I absolutely love it, it reminds me of the wonder and excitement of gaming taking the jump from 16 to 32 bit. Not everything works but that's part of the process to advance the medium. I'm so glad I'm on the front lines and experiencing the whole process as it plays out.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

💯

I really wish people would just be more accepting of VR, it's such a bummer that so many gamers write it off and the major outlets/influencers treat it like a fad or just ignore it. It's like how can you be so flippant to these small indie studios? They aren't making crap money grab mobile games. These are legit games from people trying to push the medium. I absolutely love it, it reminds me of the wonder and excitement of gaming taking the jump from 16 to 32 bit. Not everything works but that's part of the process to advance the medium. I'm so glad I'm on the front lines and experiencing the whole process as it plays out.

Vr is really special and I want to support it on all platforms possible.

I'll hang fire for a while to see if a psvr 2. 2.0 gets announced early 2025. If not I should be able to get one cheaper to go with my psvr1, rift s and quest 3.

Minsc

Gold Member
I just downloaded a trial for Hubris. Am I late to the party? When did that come out?

My understanding of Hubris (it's on my list) is that it is a very fun game/experience, definitely in the top section of games out, maybe not top 5 or top 10, but up there. Didn't realize there was a demo either though.

A few months back I think. Unless you mean the trial, then that was very recent.

The trial came out last week or the other prior to it, I think. Very good way to sell the game! Had fun testing the game, looks good. fart town usa fart town usa is a big fan!
Ok. A few weeks ago. Nice. I missed it. After a brief test it seems quite good. Lots for me to choose from now.

Edit. For those talking about PSVS2 sweet spot; its a big issue, but I've been finding the main solution is to make sure that the headset has as much angle as possible with the back strap being low and the front forehead cushion needing to be as high as possible. I put as much angle as I can and then tighten a fair bit. It gives the largest area of clarity for me.

Last edited:
Ok. A few weeks ago. Nice. I missed it. After a brief test it seems quite good. Lots for me to choose from now.

Edit. For those talking about PSVS2 sweet spot; its a big issue, but I've been finding the main solution is to make sure that the headset has as much angle as possible with the back strap being low and the front forehead cushion needing to be as high as possible. I put as much angle as I can and then tighten a fair bit. It gives the largest area of clarity for me.
That's a great way of describing it and is also how I wear the headset. I even wore it wrong for a few months, it was only 2 months ago or so that I realized I was approaching it completely wrong and once I corrected it, zero issues since. No discomfort, minimal adjustment for the sweet spot, etc.

Last edited:
My understanding of Hubris (it's on my list) is that it is a very fun game/experience, definitely in the top section of games out, maybe not top 5 or top 10, but up there. Didn't realize there was a demo either though.
Yea, some people aren't too keen on it but honestly, I have no idea why. To each their own. 👍

The translation isn't bad but the story doesn't do a good job of explaining the lore. Gameplay wise and visuals though, I think it's top tier all day. There's a lot of climbing and sometimes the tracking can be off but some of the climbing sections are so cool that the 1-2 times the tracking went off I just didn't really care. An elevator shaft section is where it happened for me but that was also one of the coolest climbing sections cause it forces you to figure it out. It's not always obvious what your supposed to be grabbing.

There's also plenty of loot to grab too that can be used to upgrade your weapons.

One goofy aspect is that there's an item you need to toss to create a beam you can climb on. I didn't realize at first that you have to toss the item underhand. Overhand doesn't do shit and it seemed straight up broken. That can definitely lead to frustration.

I loved it, honestly have me a Halo vibe cause you're part of an elite squad and on a foreign planet shooting aliens and shit.

Here's a clip showing some of the gunplay and how accurate and smooth game is.

Markio128

Gold Member
I completed 2 rooms in 7th Guest and thought, this isn’t too bad. Now in the 3rd room with a cashier’s till, and I haven’t got a fookin’ clue. I’ve managed to complete the train track puzzle, and there’s a strange block tower to solve.
Confused Dogs GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:
I completed 2 rooms in 7th Guest and thought, this isn’t too bad. Now in the 3rd room with a cashier’s till, and I haven’t got a fookin’ clue. I’ve managed to complete the train track puzzle, and there’s a strange block tower to solve.
Confused Dogs GIF by MOODMAN
I just completed the first room but had to stop playing cause I'm going to a Haunted Hayride/Haunted House.

The graphics are so good and the actors look so cool, it's got such a campy B-Movie vibe. I cannot wait to dedicate some hours to it this weekend.

SilentUser

Hey guys, I'm curious... What would be your top 5 PSVR2 titles? Not an easy task at all, but mine would be something like this:

1. Resident Evil Village
2. Demeo
3. No Man's Sky
4. Synapse
5. Moss

It was hard to leave Paper Beast, Light Brigade and Red Matter 2 behind, but the uniqueness of Moss took the last spot. Quill is way too charming 🐭

Hey guys, I'm curious... What would be your top 5 PSVR2 titles? Not an easy task at all, but mine would be something like this:

1. Resident Evil Village
2. Demeo
3. No Man's Sky
4. Synapse
5. Moss

It was hard to leave Paper Beast, Light Brigade and Red Matter 2 behind, but the uniqueness of Moss took the last spot. Quill is way too charming 🐭
Hmm, that's hard and it's going to change for sure considering Vertigo 2 is releasing soon, and Foglands, Vampire, Journey to Foundation, RE4make, etc.

1. Organ Quarter (dream come true for me and I didn't even realize I wanted to experience a game like this)
2. Hubris (love the variety and just had a damn fun time with it)
3. Propagation: Paradise Hotel (easily the most terrifying VR experience I've had. Village would have taken it if I first played it first in VR rather than flat a few times)
4. Red Matter 2 (this is my favorite for interacting with objects, the physics are great and I love boosting around the environment with the jet pack)
5. Moss 1 & 2 (charming as F, I really wish we had more third person action/platformer games)

Honorable mentions, Hellsweeper VR, The Light Brigade, Synapse, RuinsMagus, The Tale of Onogoro, Walking Dead Saints and Sinners.

Honestly not even satisfied with that list. All I know for certain is that Organ Quarter is my personal favorite.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Hmm, that's hard and it's going to change for sure considering Vertigo 2 is releasing soon, and Foglands, Vampire, Journey to Foundation, RE4make, etc.

1. Organ Quarter (dream come true for me and I didn't even realize I wanted to experience a game like this)
2. Hubris (love the variety and just had a damn fun time with it)
3. Propagation: Paradise Hotel (easily the most terrifying VR experience I've had. Village would have taken it if I first played it first in VR rather than flat a few times)
4. Red Matter 2 (this is my favorite for interacting with objects, the physics are great and I love boosting around the environment with the jet pack)
5. Moss 1 & 2 (charming as F, I really wish we had more third person action/platformer games)

Honorable mentions, Hellsweeper VR, The Light Brigade, Synapse, RuinsMagus, The Tale of Onogoro, Walking Dead Saints and Sinners.

Honestly not even satisfied with that list. All I know for certain is that Organ Quarter is my personal favorite.
Don't forget Bulletstorm VR too.

Surfheart

Guess this is a long shot but has anyone with a Quest and PSVR2 tried 7th guest on both? I'm torn on which version to get with the talk about the PSVR2 version looking washed out and foggy.

Guess this is a long shot but has anyone with a Quest and PSVR2 tried 7th guest on both? I'm torn on which version to get with the talk about the PSVR2 version looking washed out and foggy.
I'm assuming you have a Quest 3?

Based on what I've read in a developer interview and from what VR reviewers are saying, Quest 2 is easily the worst, even the developers said that but not in those exact words.

Quest 3 version is probably a safe bet. Gamertag VR said PCVR/PSVR2 look the best with Quest 3 a real close second. It sounds like they all kind of look washed out in a sense and that PSVR2 really stands out because the game isn't taking advantage of OLED for blacks.

Surfheart

I'm assuming you have a Quest 3?

Based on what I've read in a developer interview and from what VR reviewers are saying, Quest 2 is easily the worst, even the developers said that but not in those exact words.

Quest 3 version is probably a safe bet. Gamertag VR said PCVR/PSVR2 look the best with Quest 3 a real close second. It sounds like they all kind of look washed out in a sense and that PSVR2 really stands out because the game isn't taking advantage of OLED for blacks.

Thanks, appreciate it. yeah I just got a Quest 3.

1. Resident Evil Village
2. Demeo
3. No Man's Sky
4. Synapse
5. Moss

1 Village
2 Red Matter 2
3 GT7
4 Pavlov
5 Moss

SilentUser

"Improved for PS VR2
For the PS VR2 launch of Peaky Blinders: The King’s Ransom, we took advantage of the headset’s resolution and power to make the game look even better, sharper, and more immersive. The incredibly detailed environments are now rendered with increased resolution, and improvements to the lighting and textures. For a game that relies so heavily on its atmosphere and sense of place, we’re really excited about the improvements we could bring to the PS VR2 version.

We also added PS VR2 haptics and adaptive triggers. The story features moments of high tension and explosive action, and the incredible feedback offered by PS VR2’s haptics makes these dramatic moments even more powerful".

Coming this november.

R6Rider

Gold Member

"Improved for PS VR2
For the PS VR2 launch of Peaky Blinders: The King’s Ransom, we took advantage of the headset’s resolution and power to make the game look even better, sharper, and more immersive. The incredibly detailed environments are now rendered with increased resolution, and improvements to the lighting and textures. For a game that relies so heavily on its atmosphere and sense of place, we’re really excited about the improvements we could bring to the PS VR2 version.

We also added PS VR2 haptics and adaptive triggers. The story features moments of high tension and explosive action, and the incredible feedback offered by PS VR2’s haptics makes these dramatic moments even more powerful".

Coming this november.

Peaking my interest.

Whats Up Stare GIF by NBA

Minsc

Gold Member
Not bad, though I'd rather see a more colorful, whimsical IP like One Piece or something get a VR adaption. It always feels like 50% of the bigger titles (or more) are horror/grim/gun themed.

We just got 7th Guest so I can't complain that much, I anticipate the non-gorey, brutal, horror games a bit more generally speaking. But we take what we can get lol.

"Improved for PS VR2

Coming this november.

Nice. I don't want to get my hopes up too high but it seems like maybe the launch era hiccups are being phased out when it comes to games not taking advantage of the headset. Fingers crossed at least.

Last edited:
SEGA need to get more involved in VR. I’d love a Sonic VR game! Imagine a VR Outrun, Space Harrier, or Sega Rally?
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

They could start with House of the Dead, would love that. And it is a really simple game to port, I think.
Abso-effing-lutely. HOTD is such a no brainer and people would jump at the chance to buy it.

Sonic's Ultimate Collection (or whatever it's called) on PS4 has a PSVR mode. It's pretty cool, basically inserts you into a 90s themed bedroom and it's like you're sitting on the ground playing in front of a CRT. It might be that way even in flat mode, I never tried, but it is relatively effective in VR. Shame they haven't brought that to PSVR2 cause it's a cool novelty and the collection has a ton of great games to play.

SilentUser

Although I’m glad the price is starting to drop I have zero regrets with my initial purchase.
Same, no regrets at all from having it since day one. And this is how things go with electronics, they go down in price and/or comes with extras.

Vertigo 2 unfortunelty is deleyed, also will not have dynamic foveated rendering as unity rendering pipeline it used doesnt support it.
Too bad indeed, but delaying it is fine as long as it makes the game better. About the foveated, games like Propagation, Demeo and Synapse looks great without it, so there os hope 😅

PanzerCute

Finally got some serious hands on time with psvr 2 and it did nothing but disappoint, unfortunately.

I played gt7 with a fanatec dd pro 8nm and in a cockpit....the sweet spot just ruined the whole experience. I played for about 2 hours and when you nail the sweet spot it's pretty great, but maaaan I don't think I've ever found a sweet spot so difficult to find in a vr headset. What's the reason for this?

I hope they bring an updated version out asap as once they can offer an upgrade within their cost plans. The lenses must be hindering the experience significantly?

Such a shame as I love VR but I definitely won't be purchasing now. Kinda gutted as I wanted it to go with my dd pro and gt7.
Hey sorry to read that, man.

I would advise you to insist, the sweet spot is indeed small but you can easily find a way to keep it perfectly centered.

I mean, no one would still use the headset if it was not the case.

darthvargi

Vertigo 2 unfortunelty is deleyed, also will not have dynamic foveated rendering as unity rendering pipeline it used doesnt support it.
There is hope even without foveated rendering because that game has lower system requirements on Steam. I think it's well optimized. Interestingly the developer didn't find out about the delay until after the Without Parole podcast streamed.

sncvsrtoip

Finally got some serious hands on time with psvr 2 and it did nothing but disappoint, unfortunately.

I played gt7 with a fanatec dd pro 8nm and in a cockpit....the sweet spot just ruined the whole experience. I played for about 2 hours and when you nail the sweet spot it's pretty great, but maaaan I don't think I've ever found a sweet spot so difficult to find in a vr headset. What's the reason for this?

I hope they bring an updated version out asap as once they can offer an upgrade within their cost plans. The lenses must be hindering the experience significantly?

Such a shame as I love VR but I definitely won't be purchasing now. Kinda gutted as I wanted it to go with my dd pro and gt7.
Try head strap as it will keep sweet spot much easier. For example Studioform PSVR2 Ultimate Comfort Kit or Globular Cluster CMP2 Comfortable Mod for PS VR 2

Vertigo 2 being delayed is unfortunate but we're all gonna be better off for it. That game has the potential to be GOTY for VR and could turn some heads for flat gamers.

The PSVR2 version is getting lots of extra content. Multiple characters to play as (4 or 5?) and the developer says it will dramatically alter how you go through the campaign, I've heard the campaign alone pushes 20 hours (Wes from Virtual Strangers said that). Also has the level editor. More stuff too but can't remember all the details.

SilentUser

Yeah, delaying it is fine as there are a lot of cool games being released already. Hopefully they will be able to craft a great looking game for the PSVR2 and release it in a great state. It's better than releasing something unfinished.

Taking a break from puzzles to absolutely destroy fools in Synapse. This game rules. Now that I'm putting more time into it and getting permanent upgrades, you really turn into a psychic killing machine in no time.

Ian from Eurogamer did a great review for it.

Also, it just dawned on me why (IMO) large gaming channels mostly ignore VR/PSVR2; It doesn't generate any views really. Eurogamer has 734k subscribers and this 3 month old review has 12k views. Brutal. Makes complete sense, just never really thought about it in that way.

Last edited:

SilentUser

Synapse is brilliant: outstanding gameplay (telekinesis is surreal good with the eye tracking), gorgeous art, great image quality and sound. Story is kinda cool. I love the whole package, even though the game is short and could have more enemy diversity.

Kupfer

Also, it just dawned on me why (IMO) large gaming channels mostly ignore VR/PSVR2; It doesn't generate any views really. Eurogamer has 734k subscribers and this 3 month old review has 12k views. Brutal. Makes complete sense, just never really thought about it in that way.
IMO VR games are a pain to watch. Even top class VR games look like shit on a flat screen.
VR experiences and gameplay don't convert well to non VR platforms.

Resenge

IMO VR games are a pain to watch. Even top class VR games look like shit on a flat screen.
VR experiences and gameplay don't convert well to non VR platforms.
Quick, someone develop a Vr Streaming platform, TwitchVR like. Something along the lines of the old Dota VR client that allowed you to watch Dota matches by flying around the map during matches and replays but universal.

Never played Dota and I have no interest in it but using that app was super interesting to me. Just being able to watch matches in VR is such a untapped vein atm. I think Breachers has a spectator function though.

Maybe an app on the Meta shop that allows you to spectate VR games as people play.

Markio128

Gold Member
I thought I’d give Switchback another try, seeing as it’s nearly Halloween. It’s actually quite a fun game. I’ve completed the first 2 levels and I think it’s fair to say it’s not too scary, but there are a few jump scares along the way.

You need to download the horde mode as a fee download, for anybody interested. I haven’t tried it yet, but I will once I’ve finished the main game.

With this, Paradise Hotel and 7th Guest, I’m all set for the spooky season.

jack o lantern pumpkin GIF

Anyone else notice that some PSVR influencers are whining about not being given review codes for the Ghostbusters game? Now some of them are voicing "concerns" about the game.

Maybe the game will blow, who knows? I honestly cannot feel more cringe when I see influencers crying about not getting early access and then they take it a step further and start to build a narrative that the game is "ghostbusted."

I dunno. I'm cancelling my patreon's for the channels I've supported. I don't go to bat for massive corporations but I'll always favor small indie studios over whatever YT influencers are on about when trying to harvest clicks. Beyond pathetic to me. Just wait for the game to release and play it like the rest of us plebs.

Last edited:

SilentUser

Yeah, I must say that, in general, I'm not really fond to the YT content creators. That's why I generally do not listen to have they have to say, most simply overhype stuff they received for free and put a massive ? mark when they don't.

Top Bottom