• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I’m pretty sure Moss was timed exclusive.
Yeah, that's not exclusive nor does it let them use the full power of PS5 with no regard for lower end systems since they'd obviously still intend to bring it to other platforms even if they sign such a timed agreement.

The original went to other VR platforms very few months later (4 months for PC, about a year for Quest), Moss II repeated similar too (4 months for Quest, 8 for PC, a while longer to get on PSVR2 as both were on PSVR initially).

And probably on other platforms like Pico too since, at random times not due to any agreement, just by prioritizing them less. I already mentioned the possibility of TIMED exclusive, a wholly different deal to what the user I responded to was discussing, Idk why you're splittng hairs.

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
I managed to last around 30 minutes into Propagation Hotel before taking the headset off and asking myself why I do this to myself, which is pretty good for me. It nearly happened when me and that security chap opened the first door and the zombie charged in. I may have screamed like a little girl and banged my controllers together in panic. The arm falling from the ceiling tile did me no favours either. I recall shouting ‘shit off!’, which is a new one for me 😂

To be fair, I was pretty tired at the time and I couldn’t figure out how to get the pass in reception. I guess it’s something to do with the safe, and there’ll be a code somewhere? Anyway, if I can pluck up the courage I’ll have another go later.

Last edited:
I managed to last around 30 minutes into Propagation Hotel before taking the headset off and asking myself why I do this to myself, which is pretty good for me. It nearly happened when me and that security chap opened the first door and the zombie charged in. I may have screamed like a little girl and banged my controllers together in panic. The arm falling from the ceiling tile did me no favours either. I recall shouting ‘shit off!’, which is a new one for me 😂

To be fair, I was pretty tired at the time and I couldn’t figure out how to get the pass in reception. I guess it’s something to do with the safe, and there’ll be a code somewhere? Anyway, if I can pluck up the courage I’ll have another go later.
It's intense dude. Just you wait because it's gonna toss you into the fire once you get that key card. 😅

If you need a hint or anything, just tag me. I haven't finished it yet but I'm a ways ahead of you and happy to lend a hand so you don't feel overwhelmed.

I wanted to play some Saturday/Sunday but honestly, it's too scary at times. Just wasn't in the right mindset but I'm gonna jump in tonight. I think I'm about to access the next area, unlocked most doors where I'm at now but still missing a key for a specific puzzle.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's not exclusive nor does it let them use the full power of PS5 with no regard for lower end systems since they'd obviously still intend to bring it to other platforms even if they sign such a timed agreement.

The original went to other VR platforms very few months later (4 months for PC, about a year for Quest), Moss II repeated similar too (4 months for Quest, 8 for PC, a while longer to get on PSVR2 as both were on PSVR initially).

And probably on other platforms like Pico too since, at random times, but not due to any agreement, just because they prioritized them less.
I'm only disagreeing with your question "why would it be exclusive?" It could be exclusive to the same extent that the OG was. Timed exclusive is "exclusive" until it gets ported. No one suggested lifetime exclusive. I'm sure Moss OG was not made with Quest in mind. If Moss 3 is made form the ground up for PSVR2 that would be the ideal situation.

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
It's intense dude. Just you wait because it's gonna toss you into the fire once you get that key card. 😅

If you need a hint or anything, just tag me. I haven't finished it yet but I'm a ways ahead of you and happy to lend a hand so you don't feel overwhelmed.

I wanted to play some Saturday/Sunday but honestly, it's too scary at times. Just wasn't in the right mindset but I'm gonna jump in tonight. I think I'm about to access the next area, unlocked most doors where I'm at now but still missing a key for a specific puzzle.
I’m definitely going to try and complete the game, but my pukka is flapping at the mere thought of more jump scares 😂

Markio128

Gold Member
Lol R6Rider R6Rider - I misread your comment and thought the game was getting an option for fully auto reload, as well as manual.

Uh Oh Oops GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

About to jump into Village. I want to play more Propagation but man it's intense. I died in a spot last night and I know I can get through it but just don't want to mentally deal with it right now. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Village on the other hand, it's NG+ so just completely stacked with upgraded guns and plenty of ammo. So much fun going around as Doom guy, completely wrecking everything that crosses my path.

Markio128

Gold Member

Short gameplay of Vampire straight from the devs. Game is looking great, hopefully it will also look good inside the PSVR2. I'm positive it will, specially with the confirmed foveated rendering.

Looks decent - one to keep an eye on.

I’m personally hankering for a decent VR adventure that doesn’t involve zombies, or anything horror related tbh. There is a stark lack of those kind of games in the catalogue. A souped up Skyrim would be ideal, but I guess that isn’t going to happen now.

Markio128

Gold Member
Journey to Foundation or Vertigo 2 should deliver
Yeah, Vertigo 2 looks ideal - a lot of fun, with a good length of campaign.
Journey to Foundation looks interesting, but you just never know with these kind of games.
I still haven’t played Horizon yet, only because I’m waiting for a sale on that one.

SilentUser

Looks decent - one to keep an eye on.

I’m personally hankering for a decent VR adventure that doesn’t involve zombies, or anything horror related tbh. There is a stark lack of those kind of games in the catalogue. A souped up Skyrim would be ideal, but I guess that isn’t going to happen now.
Considering the games available to wishlist, maybe Arashi Castles of Sin, Wanderer, Ven VR Adventure and Soul Covenant will somehow fill this void.

Journey to Foundation looks interesting, but you just never know with these kind of games.
I still haven’t played Horizon yet, only because I’m waiting for a sale on that one.
Yea, didn't even think of COTM. It's pretty cool. Nowhere near as bad as some people make it out to be but I also understand the complaints and it is expensive.

My biggest issue is that I can't give two shits for the story or characters but the moment to moment gameplay is fun. I like the combat too, basically z-targeting but in VR. Really frantic but aiming is really accurate.

Hell yea. I'm avoiding Bryan's review but I listened to the audio of Gamertag's.

Sounds like the real deal! How awesome. Probably 10 hours too for completion, love to hear that.🙌
That's awesome I'm really excited for The 7th guest! Holly crap I'll buy it and I still want Vertigo 2, Arashi, and Foundation!!!

Last edited:
I finished Propagation tonight.

Bruh, I can't. It was so intense, like I just want to go lay in bed and curl up in the fetal position with my wife and two dogs :messenger_grinning_sweat:

People saying it's too short...GOOD. I was so effing happy to see the end credits because I wouldn't have been able to go through another area. I probably put in 6 hours total but my save file is roughly 3:30. My nerves are shot.

What a freaking game though. I am just stunned at the level of quality. Some of the later fights definitely got a bit frustrating because it is tough to keep your composure while reloading, etc. I honestly feel really accomplished for having finished it. Only played on Normal but I earned that win against the final boss, that shit was no joke in VR. Honestly have no desire whatsoever to play on a higher difficulty, I'm playing on EASY next time I boot it up.

I'm so stoked though, I was really hoping to get through it in time for 7th Guest VR tomorrow. No distractions this weekend, just 7th Guest. Gonna be great.

SilentUser

I know I'm late, but I'm loving my time with Synapse. Yeah, it is a short game, but the gameplay is top notch! Also, such a great image quality even with the reprojection being there. The art is outstanding, the colors are a perfect fit for the PSVR2 lenses and the telekinesis coupled with the eye tracking is a blast. They made a great game!

R6Rider

Gold Member
I finished Propagation tonight.

Bruh, I can't. It was so intense, like I just want to go lay in bed and curl up in the fetal position with my wife and two dogs :messenger_grinning_sweat:

People saying it's too short...GOOD. I was so effing happy to see the end credits because I wouldn't have been able to go through another area. I probably put in 6 hours total but my save file is roughly 3:30. My nerves are shot.

What a freaking game though. I am just stunned at the level of quality. Some of the later fights definitely got a bit frustrating because it is tough to keep your composure while reloading, etc. I honestly feel really accomplished for having finished it. Only played on Normal but I earned that win against the final boss, that shit was no joke in VR. Honestly have no desire whatsoever to play on a higher difficulty, I'm playing on EASY next time I boot it up.

I'm so stoked though, I was really hoping to get through it in time for 7th Guest VR tomorrow. No distractions this weekend, just 7th Guest. Gonna be great.
I'm planning to start Propagation this weekend. Haven't played an intense or spooky VR game in awhile.

I know I'm late, but I'm loving my time with Synapse. Yeah, it is a short game, but the gameplay is top notch! Also, such a great image quality even with the reprojection being there. The art is outstanding, the colors are a perfect fit for the PSVR2 lenses and the telekinesis coupled with the eye tracking is a blast. They made a great game!
I had some solid sessions with Synapse last weekend. It's such a fun game, I like how the permanent upgrade system forces you to experiment to actually earn the points needed for the actual upgrades. I'll probably play more this weekend, kind of just grinding now for upgrades. I've only ever made it to the 4th zone.

SilentUser

I had some solid sessions with Synapse last weekend. It's such a fun game, I like how the permanent upgrade system forces you to experiment to actually earn the points needed for the actual upgrades. I'll probably play more this weekend, kind of just grinding now for upgrades. I've only ever made it to the 4th zone.
I've made an entire run. It is short, but hella fun. Will play again later, now at the new higher difficulty which unlocked after the first full run. Can't wait to use the shotgun in this new run.

SilentUser

Plus, some words from the devs:

Here's what the game offers:

> A full campaign mode with 4 cups (4 opponents each)
> Online multiplayer across 3 regions
> Online leaderboard and monthly ELO rankings
> Crisp visuals at 120Hz (no reprojection) with native resolution – ensure your lenses are clean for the best experience!
> Arcade & Simulation modes
1000Hz physics refresh rate for the most accurate simulation

Some very interesting stuff!

Markio128

Gold Member

Plus, some words from the devs:

Here's what the game offers:

> A full campaign mode with 4 cups (4 opponents each)
> Online multiplayer across 3 regions
> Online leaderboard and monthly ELO rankings
> Crisp visuals at 120Hz (no reprojection) with native resolution – ensure your lenses are clean for the best experience!
> Arcade & Simulation modes
1000Hz physics refresh rate for the most accurate simulation

Some very interesting stuff!

Looks pretty good! I’ll probably get this to go alongside Beat Saber as my workout games.

Markio128

Gold Member
Just seen that Racket Fury needs roomscale, and without moving stuff around in my room, that’s not happening. Bugger.

PanzerCute

I still haven’t played Horizon yet, only because I’m waiting for a sale on that one
Wanderer releases in early 2024, it is an adventure game about time traveling and it looks absolutely insane.

It was already released on PSVR1 and other headsets but this is like a Remastered and the devs want to remove all the (minor) complaints people had at the time. Oh and they have been working on it for quite some time now, so expect a stellar release.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Finally got some serious hands on time with psvr 2 and it did nothing but disappoint, unfortunately.

I played gt7 with a fanatec dd pro 8nm and in a cockpit....the sweet spot just ruined the whole experience. I played for about 2 hours and when you nail the sweet spot it's pretty great, but maaaan I don't think I've ever found a sweet spot so difficult to find in a vr headset. What's the reason for this?

I hope they bring an updated version out asap as once they can offer an upgrade within their cost plans. The lenses must be hindering the experience significantly?

Such a shame as I love VR but I definitely won't be purchasing now. Kinda gutted as I wanted it to go with my dd pro and gt7.

Minsc

Gold Member
Finally got some serious hands on time with psvr 2 and it did nothing but disappoint, unfortunately.

I played gt7 with a fanatec dd pro 8nm and in a cockpit....the sweet spot just ruined the whole experience. I played for about 2 hours and when you nail the sweet spot it's pretty great, but maaaan I don't think I've ever found a sweet spot so difficult to find in a vr headset. What's the reason for this?

I hope they bring an updated version out asap as once they can offer an upgrade within their cost plans. The lenses must be hindering the experience significantly?

Such a shame as I love VR but I definitely won't be purchasing now. Kinda gutted as I wanted it to go with my dd pro and gt7.

If you mod it is it easier, I don't have much trouble keeping the sweet spot in focus, it's just you need to keep your vision straight ahead, and turn your head not look to the sides while keeping your head straight. And the OLED / HDR is noticeable compared directly to the Quest 3 IMO in games with bright, bright colors or dark/black areas.

I guess we need to see how dim a pancake lens on OLED panels would really be, but I'm happy to have the option to me between the two devices to go with the nicer colors on the PSVR2 or the MUCH better clarity on the Quest 3.

Markio128

Gold Member

I don’t find it difficult at all to find the sweet spot tbh. It’s important to make sure the headset is on correctly and that you have set the lenses to line up with your eyes. But then, with your past comment history, it’s difficult to know if you’re taking the piss or not 😂

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
If you mod it is it easier, I don't have much trouble keeping the sweet spot in focus, it's just you need to keep your vision straight ahead, and turn your head not look to the sides while keeping your head straight. And the OLED / HDR is noticeable compared directly to the Quest 3 IMO in games with bright, bright colors or dark/black areas.

I guess we need to see how dim a pancake lens on OLED panels would really be, but I'm happy to have the option to me between the two devices to go with the nicer colors on the PSVR2 or the MUCH better clarity on the Quest 3.

Yeah, I found tilting my head or looking to the sides would cause the image to blur considerably. Defo love the oled panel for the infinite blacks and hdr but I felt the screen door wffect was noticeable and the sweet spot was tough to maintain.

Gt7 is amazing anyway so I'll hang fire and just play flat with my wheel for now and see how it goes in the future.

Yea, I dunno if I'm just ignorant or don't notice it but I really never have issues with finding the sweet spot. Do what you gotta do though, it's expensive and it's understandable to go with a different headset that simply works better for you. I also have only the PSVR to compare it to. Never played on a Quest before.

Top Bottom