• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

I preordered Ghostbusters for the discount. Got the base edition.

Not quite sure what to expect, I like Ghostbusters but I'm not nostalgic for it like other people my age are.

All I know is that nDreams have a great track record with making fun games and the idea of a potential 4 player coop gem is enticing to me. I also want to be informed for launch day impressions I can share on here and X.

I plan on getting Journey to Foundation as well, I'm much more excited for that game as a whole. Looks like a potential indie Mass Effect in VR.

Organ Quarter is 25% off until 11/18/2023.

This might be a good choice for people who get overwhelmed with something like Propagation or Village. Organ Quarter definitely has some panic inducing moments but the visual style helps curb it a bit cause it looks like a PSX game.

Does ghostbusters have crossplay?
Not sure to be honest. I'm assuming it is though.

This is by far the most footage for the game that's been released so far. Posted 2 hours ago. I'm actually pretty excited for it now. The video starts slow but the gameplay loop looks really fun, especially if all the levels are explorable like that.

I also really enjoy the music and SFX, it's low in the mix but it seems super fitting and the SFX will sound epic in the headset.

I was kind of concerned that the boss was a total slog but the total mission time was only 23:12, that's ideal to me.

wrZaNwH.png

Last edited:

SilentUser

Game is looking pretty good and being coop is a huge bonus, but I need crossplay as my friends play on different platforms. Still, no rush at all to play the game 😁 thanks for the video!

SilentUser

AMA on Reddit with the devs of Vampire:

Hi! Erik from FTG here! Lots of questions in one post, so I'll begin with this one!

* For the PSVR2 version of VtM - Justice we're using the standard 4000x2000 resolution per eye, but on top of that, since we're using dynamic foveated rendering, we're able to go up to 6800 x 3468 for the areas you're gazing at.
* We're rendering the game at 120Hz
* We're using HMD haptics, controller haptics and adaptive triggers and are quite proud of the implementation! It really adds a lot to the immersion.
* In addition to the technical improvements mentioned above, and the use of cool haptics, we've also added dynamic lighting, and tons of more VFX.

DAMN at the resolution!

Hi! Erik from FTG here! Lots of questions in one post, so I'll begin with this one!

* For the PSVR2 version of VtM - Justice we're using the standard 4000x2000 resolution per eye, but on top of that, since we're using dynamic foveated rendering, we're able to go up to 6800 x 3468 for the areas you're gazing at.
* We're using HMD haptics, controller haptics and adaptive triggers and are quite proud of the implementation! It really adds a lot to the immersion.
* In addition to the technical improvements mentioned above, and the use of cool haptics, we've also added dynamic lighting, and tons of more VFX.

DAMN at the resolution!

Hell yea. That's another that I preordered. Looks like it could be an absolute killer app for VR.

R6Rider

Gold Member

DAMN at the resolution!

I really hope this one turns out awesome. Reminds me so much of Dishonored.

Minsc

Gold Member
Personally would rather see the foveated rendering used to make the game 90hz with no reprojection (unless maybe there isn't any?)

The headset can only run at 90 or 120hz, so there's no sense in bragging about it being 120hz if the game is running at 60fps, because the headset cannot be 60hz. By default it would need to use reprojection, like GT7, RE Village, or Horizon COTM, or others. So, 120fps.

consoul

I just had a random thought on teleport movement controls and PSVR2. I mostly use smooth movement in VR, but I know it's a barrier for many people; particularly new users.

Most teleport controls are kinda janky to use; it's point and press button or hold to aim at a location and release.

On PSVR2, you could implement a more intuitive teleport system using only eye-tracking. Look at a location and long-blink. The long blink could still be a split second but just a bit longer than a normal involuntary blink.

'Blink and you're there' would be a much easier to use system than traditional teleport controls. If you blinked at a location you can't reach, you just don't move.

Ghostbusters and Journey to Foundation today.

Will definitely post some impressions once I've had a bit of time with both. Hit me up if anyone gets Ghostbusters and wants to do some coop.

On an unrelated note. I posted a relatively milquetoast comment on twitter as an engagement/reaction experiment. One of the bigger VR influencers took the bait and made his own passive aggressive post; more or less reiterated that people should only rely on select few "credible" outlets for reviews before buying a game. Embarrassing. The VR space is too small to have these people controlling the narrative around games that they themselves rarely pay for. I'm determined more than ever to get a bi-monthly show started with my buddy who has a Quest 3 and is new to VR but absolutely loving it. VR needs more voices out there, not all games deserve a pass but the negativity and gate keeping is beyond stale at this point. The VR algorithm needs more content. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

aclar00

Not only Sega, but Namco-Bandai needs to get on board. For the life of me i cant understand why Time Crisis, Virtua Cop, House of the Dead, Jurassic Park and just about every other arcade light gun games have not been ported or made from the ground up on VR.

They seem like they would be perfect, even the cover mechanics that make you squat (button option for those relaxing sessions too) lend well to VR.

New gameplay trailer for Arizona Sunshine 2.

Looks fantastic! We know if won't be that crisp in the headset but I'm hoping it's no slouch when it comes to visuals. It's such a massive update from the OG game. OG game is really fun but looks goofy as hell. This is such an improvement, pretty wild to see the jump in quality.

Journey to Foundation is now live! $40, 17.98gb size.

I got a mild cold going on so took today and yesterday off, couldn't have come at a better time. Wasn't sure what I'd jump into first but Ghostbusters doesn't go live until 1pm EST, so Journey is shall be!

So Journey to Foundation wouldn't load, lol. I'd see the splash screen then it'd turn black and start playing music but nothing ever happens. Tried it 3 times now. Weird.

Ghostbusters is available now, that booted up fine and seems damn cool so far with how the game is starting off, literally just started gameplay.

Ghostbusters is really great so far but it wouldn't let me connect, kept saying I was offline. Did a few jobs and yea, I think this thing is gonna be a banger in coop, I hope they keep the updates and levels coming so it doesn't get stale quickly. It feels like a Saturday morning cartoon combined with a VR experience that you'd get at a theme park. Not a bad thing either, it has great music and sound effects, production values overall are solid. Really fun atmosphere, combat feels great but the bigger enemies disappear and waiting for them to reappear slows the pace in a bad way unfortunately.

Journey still isn't loading so I deleted it and am downloading it again.

Edit- I got Journey to load up, I took my external Elgato out of the HDMI loop and now it's displaying just fine in the headset. So weird, not sure if some fluke issue or a HDCP thing. Never had that happen before. I also have a HDMI splitter chained in so that may have caused it too.

Last edited:

SilentUser

October 26, 2023

Arizona Sunshine 2 brings next-gen VR apocalypse to PS VR2 on Dec 7​

Arizona Sunshine 2 brings next-gen VR apocalypse to PS VR2 on Dec 7

[...]

Immersive realism​

The cutting-edge mutilation and gore system in Arizona Sunshine 2 brings you the most realistic and jaw-dropping zombie takedowns. Plus, Playstation’s eye-tracking and flexible scaled rasterization features will make sure you won’t miss any of the gory details. You’ll be able to focus, in high-resolution, on all that the scorched apocalypse has to offer, leaving you in awe and your enemies in pieces…. And yes, you can even use those pieces to fight your way out.

[...]

Source: https://blog.playstation.com/2023/1...gs-next-gen-vr-apocalypse-to-ps-vr2-on-dec-7/

Bodes well for a nice, crisp resolution!

lol, Journey does not appear to be the Sci Fi epic we were lead to believe. It's honestly more reminiscent of a MST3K episode right now.

I'm enjoying it but man, this is not the polished experience I was hoping for. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Hearing some bad things about Journey on Reddit and Youtube. Just overall disappointing.
Yea, I can see this game getting roasted for the $40 price point. I don't want to be too harsh on it cause I need to put more time into it but it really does come off as amateurish so far.

Something like Hubris looks infinitely better and plays better. The brief bit of combat so far was not impressive, climbing is pretty wonky, lots of narrative so far. I've certainly played worse but it's just kind of goofy in sense. Does not feel polished, constantly fighting with various things.

Minsc

Gold Member
Playing 7th guest and realy enjoy. Can recomand to everybody that like narrative driven puzzle game with spooky atmosphere (similar to the room or even red matter)

Yes, it's funny I played a short bit of the 7th Guest to see it in VR, and really enjoyed it (minus the unsaturated look to it), but want to finish my Red Matter playthrough first, and upon going back to Red Matter, I had the same exact thought more or less, Red Matter feels just like the 7th Guest somewhat with its puzzles, but it is a bit spookier than the 7th Guest as well, mainly because it has a more serious tone to it, and has actual darkness (black blacks) in it, where in 7th Guest it looks like you always have a night light on everywhere.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Does the PSVR2 have native avatar support and support social "hangout" apps? An example would be bigscreen.

Edit: Curious about the non gaming capabilities, I realize I could find some youtube channels with the answers I seek, but what can be better than asking my fellow gaffers.

Last edited:
Does the PSVR2 have native avatar support and support social "hangout" apps? An example would be bigscreen.

Edit: Curious about the non gaming capabilities, I realize I could find some youtube channels with the answers I seek, but what can be better than asking my fellow gaffers.
It can't do shit but play games. It has a virtual screen but nothing social, at least not that I'm aware of or ever heard anyone talk about. It's a big void for the platform.

After a few hours and roughly 8 missions in Ghostbusters, I can confidently say that I thoroughly enjoy this game. I see some people online saying, "Who is this game even for?" I'm not quite sure what these people were expecting. It's a variety of coop game modes in relatively large environments that make you explore and put your various gadgets to use. It also has a lot of upgrades and honestly isn't stingy with money, there's always something available to upgrade or just hold off and get something more expensive. There's no micro-transaction stuff. I think it's dope. It reminds me of Resistance 2 online coop. Nothing mind blowing, just solid coop fun.

Markio128

Gold Member
It can't do shit but play games. It has a virtual screen but nothing social, at least not that I'm aware of or ever heard anyone talk about. It's a big void for the platform.

After a few hours and roughly 8 missions in Ghostbusters, I can confidently say that I thoroughly enjoy this game. I see some people online saying, "Who is this game even for?" I'm not quite sure what these people were expecting. It's a variety of coop game modes in relatively large environments that make you explore and put your various gadgets to use. It also has a lot of upgrades and honestly isn't stingy with money, there's always something available to upgrade or just hold off and get something more expensive. There's no micro-transaction stuff. I think it's dope. It reminds me of Resistance 2 online coop. Nothing mind blowing, just solid coop fun.
You can’t undersell Resistance 2 multiplayer to me because it‘s probably my favourite online multiplayer game ever. It was stupid fun with friends.

Unfortunately, I’ve reached that age where most of my friends don’t even game that much anymore, unless the usual casual stuff like Fifa. I’m definitely holding the torch in my circle of friends haha.

Sadly, I probably won’t get Ghostbusters if it is predominantly co-op. I generally only play co-op with family now, on ye olde telly.

SilentUser

You can’t undersell Resistance 2 multiplayer to me because it‘s probably my favourite online multiplayer game ever. It was stupid fun with friends.

Unfortunately, I’ve reached that age where most of my friends don’t even game that much anymore, unless the usual casual stuff like Fifa. I’m definitely holding the torch in my circle of friends haha.

Sadly, I probably won’t get Ghostbusters if it is predominantly co-op. I generally only play co-op with family now, on ye olde telly.
Oh man, Resistance 2 coop mode was my favorite PS3 game mode. Had a massive blast playing it with friends, I would love to see a new Resistance game for VR and the revival of that mode lmao.

Oh man, Resistance 2 coop mode was my favorite PS3 game mode. Had a massive blast playing it with friends, I would love to see a new Resistance game for VR and the revival of that mode lmao.

That's awesome that you both played it. I really loved that mode, such simple fun.

The Journey to Foundation black screen issue seems to be resolved. Setting below needs to be Game Default. That's what the developer discord is recommending and it resolved it for me.

JgmNYtR.png

Last edited:
I'm on the last chapter in Journey to Foundation.

Yea, this game kind of blows. It's not terrible but it's not optimized whatsoever for PSVR2, sky box images for space scenes are complete trash. Super low res, just looks blown out and prevents any kind of wow factor. Combat is like lethal enforcers type gameplay with bullet sponge enemies. Voice acting is hit and miss and the main protagonist is completely one note. No sense of personality whatsoever. I mostly just skip through conversations.

The OST is fine, overall art style is fine too and some areas look really pleasant. Heavy focus on narrative and some choices are interesting; killed a crewmate cause they were gonna snitch like a punk. Shot them right in the back, lol.

Remember when the Wii was a thing and it was like, "😮, this will be the hardcore game we've wanted!" Only to then find out that the game was marketed well but does not deliver whatsoever. It's like a really shallow hamstrung Mass Effect ported to Wii.

The $40 price point is a bit absurd and I recommend Hubris for anyone who wants a Sci Fi experience. Foundation gives you more narrative but Hubris absolutely destroys it in the visuals and gameplay department.

There aren't even items in Foundation. You just hide behind cover and wait for your health to recharge. The only puzzles are hacking puzzles, which are super easy too. It's just a really mediocre game at its core. I don't regret buying it but wouldn't recommend it to anyone who isn't interested or is on the fence. This is something you just need to take the plunge on if you're super interested and even then, keep your expectations in check.

Last edited:
Top Bottom