• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

darthvargi

Alright hubris was a nice little getaway but I finally have some VR time here and I want to drop that and find something better.

I got red matter and journey to foundation here. I'm leaning more towards journey.
I haven't played journey but that seems to be very polarized with the community. Red Matter 1 and 2 I've played and can recommend them both. If you haven't played Vampire I'd recommend that as a recent release. It's not a puzzle game like RM, but also not a full narrative game like Journey to Foundation. It's similar to Dishonored, Thief, or the Arkham games if I had to describe it.

Crayon

I haven't played journey but that seems to be very polarized with the community. Red Matter 1 and 2 I've played and can recommend them both. If you haven't played Vampire I'd recommend that as a recent release. It's not a puzzle game like RM, but also not a full narrative game like Journey to Foundation. It's similar to Dishonored, Thief, or the Arkham games if I had to describe it.

Damn I haven't heard of that one. I've been chewing on armored core for awhile and I need something more chill rn. That sounds pretty good.

I'm actually interested to check out journey knowing it's been polarizing. Even if I don't like it, love it/hate it games are always interesting to check out. I'll play that for a few and report back.

Crayon

Ooooookay, I was not feeling journey to foundation there. The interaction/controls feel off. That was distracting. I kept noticing other rough edges that kept me from getting into it. Then I hit the first puzzle and it was... dumb. I was stuck on it with a vague instruction to draw a line through a cube. I could hardly figure out what I was doing. I put it down. Maybe I could go back to that because that really was not much playing at all, but that's also a short time to notice so many things I didn't like. I'd rather try something else rn.

Ooooookay, I was not feeling journey to foundation there. The interaction/controls feel off. That was distracting. I kept noticing other rough edges that kept me from getting into it. Then I hit the first puzzle and it was... dumb. I was stuck on it with a vague instruction to draw a line through a cube. I could hardly figure out what I was doing. I put it down. Maybe I could go back to that because that really was not much playing at all, but that's also a short time to notice so many things I didn't like. I'd rather try something else rn.
I wasn't feeling Journey either. I finished it and posted some overall thoughts the other week.

To me it's like a severely compromised Mass Effect ported to the Wii. It's funny too cause in some sectors of the internet, people who shit on just about everything are praising Journey like it's the big epic VR game everyone has been calling for :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I don't regret buying it but have a hard time recommending it to anyone unless they're incredibly curious and don't mind taking a risk on disappointment.

Crayon

I wasn't feeling Journey either. I finished it and posted some overall thoughts the other week.

To me it's like a severely compromised Mass Effect ported to the Wii. It's funny too cause in some sectors of the internet, people who shit on just about everything are praising Journey like it's the big epic VR game everyone has been calling for :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I don't regret buying it but have a hard time recommending it to anyone unless they're incredibly curious and don't mind taking a risk on disappointment.

Well, that was me. I was very curious and don't mind the gamble. Kinda makes me feel like I should just read one of the books, though.

Surfheart

Tin hearts Vr demo is working now, you need to delete the original demo, download it again and then run the restore licenses process in the PS5 settings. I like it, really beautiful immersive environments some jaggies here and there but overall I think it looks great. Controls could be polished a bit but it’s workable. No idea when the VR patch is coming for the full game though.

Man I wish Dungeons of Eternity was on the psvr 2. What an awesome fun game. I got a Quest 3 last week but was only able to play a bit this weekend.

It already looks great on the Quest 3. It would look amazing on the psvr 2 :)
I would love the see that on PSVR2. I wouldn't be surprised if it makes it's way over. When asked on twitter, developers say it's too early to announce other platforms. I feel like there's either a timed exclusive aspect or the developers just don't want to announce it if it's still a year away or something like that. I'm pretty sure the people at the studio used to work for Meta so there's probably some kind of strong existing relationship for the game to only be for Quest right now. All of that is purely conjecture on my part but I think there's hope cause the game would sell well on other platforms, it looks like such a riot in coop.

I am still absolutely hooked on Foglands and after 20 hours, I've only had 1 crash, 1 bug that prevented a door from opening, and only 1 time where a boss went completely brain dead. Outside of the occasional bug, the main issues IMO are the enemy AI and lack of enemies.

I just absolutely dominate in the game now, the movement and platforming are so damn good. Man I hope this game gets sorted out with the upcoming patch, this game could honestly be a certified gem all day if the developers can sort it out. Being marketed as a roguelike first wasn't the best idea. This game is a story-driven action/adventure with roguelike elements, straight up.

Here's two videos showing the action/adventure dynamics at work. Combat can be as boring or as exciting as you want it to be, and rooms can seem completely empty and pointless but taking a step back and examining the environment can lead to some fantastic platforming for special items.

Last edited:
I would love the see that on PSVR2. I wouldn't be surprised if it makes it's way over. When asked on twitter, developers say it's too early to announce other platforms. I feel like there's either a timed exclusive aspect or the developers just don't want to announce it if it's still a year away or something like that. I'm pretty sure the people at the studio used to work for Meta so there's probably some kind of strong existing relationship for the game to only be for Quest right now. All of that is purely conjecture on my part but I think there's hope cause the game would sell well on other platforms, it looks like such a riot in coop.
I think they are working on a pcvr version now, not sure whether it is true or not though as I read it somewhere on reddit.

It would look amazing with higher resolution and better effects as it already looks pretty decent on the Quest 3.

I do but in my game room I don't have the most space. And when I do use my vr for standing games I'm constantly having to move my PS5 into my living room. The back and fourth is annoying lol.

Wireless and the quest 3 might be my best bet
For me this made moving my psvr2 3 times faster. I move my psvr2 and ps5 twice each week. It stores the headset, charges the sense controllers, and I can move everything in one go.

Last edited:
Cactus Cowboy - Desert Warfare is really great so far. The AI voice acting is hilarious at times and the gun mechanics are legit. Played the first chapter last night and really enjoying it. Developer says it's an 8 hour campaign. Only $15 and supporting a one-man studio.

No-Commentary stream from last night. Started off by watch the credits, it's hilarious. Give it a quick watch so you can see the humor. Cacti sitting around drinking beer and smoking pot. 🤣

Cactus Cowboy - Desert Warfare is really great so far. The AI voice acting is hilarious at times and the gun mechanics are legit. Played the first chapter last night and really enjoying it. Developer says it's an 8 hour campaign. Only $15 and supporting a one-man studio.

No-Commentary stream from last night. Started off by watch the credits, it's hilarious. Give it a quick watch so you can see the humor. Cacti sitting around drinking beer and smoking pot. 🤣

I watched a stream last week and it actually looks very fun! I'll buy it for sure it looks quite underrated :)

I watched a stream last week and it actually looks very fun! I'll buy it for sure it looks quite underrated :)
The messed up thing to me is that at least one large PSVR2 outlet on YT was actively shitting on the game before it even released. Straight up saying they didn't even want review codes and didn't want to play it, looks like shovelware, etc.

The month of October really showcased that some of the larger VR outlets are complete hacks IMO. Between the manufactured outrage over Ghostbusters, claiming that "no credible reviewers" were given early access, and then reviewing it based on what theu wanted vs what the game is and was marketed as. A PR rep being harassed in a discord, YouTube comments being screenshot and the influencer saying that these people can "go fuck themselves", games being roasted like it's a Pitchfork review when clearly the influencer didn't take the time to figure out basic mechanics, etc. I cancelled all my patreons, unsubscribed, etc. Just total dirt baggery from gatekeepers in a niche space.

That's my rant. 😅🍻

The messed up thing to me is that at least one large PSVR2 outlet on YT was actively shitting on the game before it even released. Straight up saying they didn't even want review codes and didn't want to play it, looks like shovelware, etc.

The month of October really showcased that some of the larger VR outlets are complete hacks IMO. Between the manufactured outrage over Ghostbusters, claiming that "no credible reviewers" were given early access, and then reviewing it based on what theu wanted vs what the game is and was marketed as. A PR rep being harassed in a discord, YouTube comments being screenshot and the influencer saying that these people can "go fuck themselves", games being roasted like it's a Pitchfork review when clearly the influencer didn't take the time to figure out basic mechanics, etc. I cancelled all my patreons, unsubscribed, etc. Just total dirt baggery from gatekeepers in a niche space.

That's my rant. 😅🍻
That sucks. I understand the feeling of being tired of shovelware and wanting decent games, but we have to be aware that lots of devs have budget constrains and sometimes go out of their way to deliver something good.

Not saying there's no "lazy" devs that could do more work and put more effort on their games, but $$$ is always an issue to add more features and quality to games.

Anyway, I watched Miles live stream for Cactus and it looks hilarious. I'm playing The 7th Guest now but will definitely pick this up after I finish some games!

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I've got a friend who basically only plays GT7 and has only played it in vr since the headset came out. Same here. It is the correct way to play the game.

We finally jumped on together the other night and gott damn is the paddock (public free run) a fantastic social space. We were having so much fun and talking about this shit would have been unbeleivable back when we were playing like 4 hours of gt2 every night in highschool.

This is dope!

Started playing The 7th Guest last night and I'm really digging it. I've been playing Call of the Mountain but wanted to check out 7th for a bit and ended up playing for almost two hours.

Finished three rooms and the puzzles were quite entertaining despite the lack of meaningful clues at times.

Visually looks pretty good overall but I wish it looked a bit sharper on the same level as Red Matter and some more "next gen" effects, like the smoke is clearly quest like graphics level ...

By the way how do you use the coins!? I can hold the clipboard pressing l2 but how do you use the dam coins lol

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

Started playing The 7th Guest last night and I'm really digging it. I've been playing Call of the Mountain but wanted to check out 7th for a bit and ended up playing for almost two hours.

Finished three rooms and the puzzles were quite entertaining despite the lack of meaningful clues at times.

Visually looks pretty good overall but I wish it looked a bit sharper on the same level as Red Matter and some more "next gen" effects, like the smoke is clearly quest like graphics level ...

By the way how do you use the coins!? I can hold the clipboard pressing l2 but how do you use the dam coins lol
I play it very slowly (one room per session) and realy enjoy it, its in my top5 vr games this year

SilentUser

I’m voting Village too!
Hb7Hfsl.jpg

I think you just click the 'hint button", I think the third hint automatically solves the puzzle though so be careful. Doesn't show the solution either, just solves it.

I need to get back to this. Got burnt out on a specific puzzle and needed a break, need to jump back in cause I really dig it but man it makes my head hurt at times 😅

I think you just click the 'hint button", I think the third hint automatically solves the puzzle though so be careful. Doesn't show the solution either, just solves it.

I need to get back to this. Got burnt out on a specific puzzle and needed a break, need to jump back in cause I really dig it but man it makes my head hurt at times 😅
Where's the hint button!?

PanzerCute

Guess who' got a stuck controler for the second time? Yep. Me.

Mildly pissed off tbh. I couldn't play a lot with my headset since August and now that I finally get more play time, I have that BS happening again.
Eh, unlucky I guess...
I'm sending the headset and the controllers to Sony asap, and I made the guy on the phone write down that "the consumer wants a brand new one after what happened twice for them" on the assistance request.

That's crazy because I press L2 to bring the board to my left hand then all I can do is move that pin/dial thing around on the board.... I'll try to look up online 😅
Yea, it's probably just throwing you off. That cursor is what you use to access the other tabs on the Ouija board. I think the default is a map screen but there are other tabs you can select and the hint selection is on there. That's what the coins are for.

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
Sime VR games on sale! Buying Ghost Signal (the demo is awesome!) and Switchback for sure. Might also buy Horizon. What about you, guys?
I‘m tempted to get Horizon, but I was hoping for a £30 sale price. Maybe Ghost Signal. I already have Switchback, which I recommend heartily now it has received the visual upgrade and horde mode.

Last edited:
Played more of Cactus Cowboy last night. This game is really good! It's basically a COD style campaign and it's honestly relatively challenging at times. Had a helicopter mini gun section, massive bosses cropping up spamming rockets at you, then I had to defend a rooftop with a sniper rifle and each spawn area had enemies further away so sniping really required steady hands to make it through. Really polished gameplay, all you need to do is embrace the visuals and goofy nature of it all and it's solid VR gaming all day.

Top Bottom