• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

PanzerCute

Horizon is GREAT guys. I know a lot of people complained about the numerous climbing phases, but I personally really loved them: so immersive and fun! Basically the game is a 10 hour adventure with a decent story, insane graphics, a lot of different places to explore and some insane set pieces! Oh and the soundtrack is also very good. That's one of my favorite game on the system (and that comes from someone who despise Horizon Forbidden West, what a shitty sequel on every aspects - except graphics of course)

I've picked up Switchback, Synapse and Ghost Signal.

I just can't play them until Sony fix my controllers (again..)

SilentUser

Horizon is GREAT guys. I know a lot of people complained about the numerous climbing phases, but I personally really loved them: so immersive and fun! Basically the game is a 10 hour adventure with a decent story, insane graphics, a lot of different places to explore and some insane set pieces! Oh and the soundtrack is also very good. That's one of my favorite game on the system (and that comes from someone who despise Horizon Forbidden West, what a shitty sequel on every aspects - except graphics of course)

I'm seriously contemplating buying Horizon. Played the demo a bit this week and had a lot of fun, maybe now it is a good time to finally buy the game.

Yea, I really dig COTM. It mostly got a bad track record from gatekeepers really, but those are the same people who generally dump on most things and act like every month is a disappointment. It's a shame.

PanzerCute

I'm seriously contemplating buying Horizon. Played the demo a bit this week and had a lot of fun, maybe now it is a good time to finally buy the game.
I know the price is stiff (I got it with the bundle so it "only" costed 50e at the time) But to me it was really worth it.

Its the best graphical showcase of the headset, has good amount of content (and even some replayability), beautiful landscapes and the set pieces are really impressive: I am talking regular AAA quality, not only for a VR game.

It has reprojection, the combat is limited and yes, you will do quite a bit of climbing, but the whole package is incredibly immersive and fun to play.

Oh and there is a 5min "safari" (with no gameplay) that is basically the perfect way to showcase your psvr2 to friends. The reactions are always priceless haha.

To me this really is a must have for the system.

Last edited:

PanzerCute

Just realized that Switchback doesnt need any joystick to play so I could play it even with my controller issue.
I only did two missions but so far it feels like a cool game. I have played the first 3 Dark Pictures game so its also really cool to go back in these universe.
At least I can play a new game this week-end before sending the thing to Sony.

Glad I was too lazy to do it yesterday!

Crayon

Hey. No offense to op, and thanks for making this great thread, but I think the title is defensive and out of date.

Who's in favor of coming up with a new one?

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Hey. No offense to op, and thanks for making this great thread, but I think the title is defensive and out of date.

That's fine with me. It was brought up before to change it, but never went anywhere.

Could come up with something clever, or just go with one of the official slogan's.

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

Founded some info on reddit about upcomming Arizona Sunshine 2 (dev response), 60hz reprojected to 120hz, no 90hz mode (no plan also to bring in future), fixed foveated rendering

PanzerCute

"PSVR2 does what Sony don't"

For younger folks:

uF8cbWb.jpg

Crayon

That's fine with me. It was brought up before to change it, but never went anywhere.

Could come up with something clever, or just go with one of the official slogan's.

Yeah I remember. Way back then I think I came up with one that is defensive and out-of-date too lol. "Cheaper than a kayak".

We got all the time in the world, so let's throw him out there till we find an awesome one. Winner gets gold! I've got five on it.

PanzerCute

Arizona Sunshine is such a gem on PSVR, it's goofy as hell but absolutely pulls it off in the gameplay department. Sequel looks like such a step up, it's $50 too I think. Hope it delivers at that price point. Definitely day 1 for me and it's cross platform which is nice.
I finished it on HTC vive at the time, before I bought PSVR. One colleague showed me VR this way and the next day I bought my own headset.

I think that might be the first actual VR game I played. The sequel looks really cool tbh, and I really enjoyed my 20 hours with After The Fall. Guess I will buy it at some point.

Last edited:
Yeah I remember. Way back then I think I came up with one that is defensive and out-of-date too lol. "Cheaper than a kayak".

We got all the time in the world, so let's throw him out there till we find an awesome one. Winner gets gold! I've got five on it.
I insist that I buy the gold. I stopped getting it for myself so I could gift it to others. Would be happy to pay for whoever comes up with a clever title. 🍻

Is it time to buy Galaxy Kart? I see it's on sale for $10. I believe they recently added wheel support. Anyone play it?
I picked it up the other night and I dunno, need to put more time into it but it seems worth it for $10 if you have the money to burn.
I'm getting Ghost Signal as well.
Journey to Foundation is 30% off, on sale for $27.99. I wonder if it's worth for this price...
Journey is a total gem for some people, I personally think it's kind of a joke. It's not terrible by any means but it's just so basic and the voice acting is pretty shit for being so focused on dialogue, etc. If anything, get it out of morbid curiosity if you have the money to burn, you might be pleasantly surprised. For me, it's easily one of the least impressive VR games I've ever played and I generally don't judge games too harshly. It's just so underwhelming and feels like a really basic tech demo to me. The sky box resolution is absolute dog shit too, it is so outrageously low res, no wow factor whatsoever. That was the biggest gripe for me, at least dazzle me with some visuals if you're gonna have the gameplay be basic as hell.

-edit: you'd have more fun with Cactus Cowboy and it's half the price.

Last edited:

SilentUser

Is it time to buy Galaxy Kart? I see it's on sale for $10. I believe they recently added wheel support. Anyone play it?
I have it and I recommend the game. The devs added a good number of tracks and fixed tons of things, plus they are still working on this game, including making it 90hz native. There is a demo incoming, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to try the demo first.
However, make no mistake: there a lot of things to improve. I dislike how you can only play with 3 characters and karts instead of having all of them available from the start. The progression still needs work. But most important, it lacks championships and stuff like that, what we have right now is an ok game with potential. Also, reprojection is bad here, can't wait for the 90hz native update.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Guys, any opinion about Tentacular? I quite dig the art and it sounds like a fun collection of mini games.
Haven't played, and it's been on my wishlist for awhile. Just have many more games I'd rather play first.

Waiting until I've cleared more games, as it's on sale quite often.

PanzerCute

Guys, any opinion about Tentacular? I quite dig the art and it sounds like a fun collection of mini games.
I bought it for my girlfriend. It is quite fun and the physics is not bad, but it indeed feels like a minigames showcase more than anything else. And from what I played they were fun minigames, but nothing to rave about.

Once my girlfriend lost interest in it (after 1-2h in a few sessions) I never played it again.

Last edited:
So 7th Guest had another update yesterday and it solved an issue for me. The problem with the board was actually a bug. That's why I wasn't able to access the hints as the board was showing completely empty to me lol. Now it's working fine.

I am really liking this game but some of the puzzles have no meaningful hints and it's quite hard to figure it out. I wish using the lantern to find clues was something more prevalent in the game. I had to use two coins to solve two puzzles as I had no f*** idea how to solve them.

Great game though just wish also the resolution was a bit sharper, I bet this game doesn't fully take advantage of foveated rendering.

Last edited:
So 7th Guest had another update yesterday and it solved an issue for me. The problem with the board was actually a bug. That's why I wasn't able to access the hints as the board was showing completely empty to me lol. Now it's working fine.

I am really liking this game but some of the puzzles have no meaningful hints and it's quite hard to figure it out. I wish using the lantern to find clues was something more prevalent in the game. I had to use two coins to solve two puzzles as I had no f*** idea how to solve them.

Great game though just wish also the resolution was a bit sharper, I bet this game doesn't fully take advantage of foveated rendering.
That's funny and makes complete sense why you weren't seeing it :messenger_grinning_sweat: .

The jewelry puzzle was a nightmare for me. The pattern and how it affected adjacent pieces just didn't make any sense to me and the colors are so muted that it was difficult at times to even know if I was doing it right. Watched a YouTube video for the solution cause I wanted to actually go through the motions instead of having it magically solved. I stopped playing after that section but need to get back to it, especially now that there's been some updates.

That's funny and makes complete sense why you weren't seeing it :messenger_grinning_sweat: .

The jewelry puzzle was a nightmare for me. The pattern and how it affected adjacent pieces just didn't make any sense to me and the colors are so muted that it was difficult at times to even know if I was doing it right. Watched a YouTube video for the solution cause I wanted to actually go through the motions instead of having it magically solved. I stopped playing after that section but need to get back to it, especially now that there's been some updates.
Good thinking next time I will look it up instead of using the coins. The major problem with some puzzles is that it just don't give you enough clues in the room. It should be all about finding these clues with the lantern, just like the chest puzzle in the room with the magician top hats...

Just picked up Cave Digger 2 and Crisis Brigade 2.

Cave Digger 2 looks pretty dope, it's a 4 player coop (cross platform). Considering that PSVR2 doesn't have Dungeons of Eternity, this seems like a feasible coop alternative. It's 50% off, $12.50 right now.

Good thinking next time I will look it up instead of using the coins. The major problem with some puzzles is that it just don't give you enough clues in the room. It should be all about finding these clues with the lantern, just like the chest puzzle in the room with the magician top hats...
Agreed, the lantern mechanic is cool but it'd be nice to have a more detective style aspect to it with finding clues.

Ar¢tos

Can you still travel through the sink pipes like in the original?
That was funny and unexpected the first time I played it (a few decades ago).

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
PSVR2 exclusives getting high praise from VGA, as seen in the VR game of the year nominee list.

• Gran Turismo 7
  • Horizon Call of the Mountain
  • Humanity
  • Resident Evil Village VR Mode
  • Synapse
Call of the mountain was so bad it made me return psvr2.
That surely deserves some award... I plan to rebuy once re4vr comes out

Call of the mountain was so bad it made me return psvr2.
That surely deserves some award... I plan to rebuy once re4vr comes out
I just bought CotM on the Black Friday sale. It’s not great but not bad. Gorgeous but gameplay isnt great.

You sure missed some incredible experiences with PSVR2. RE8 is the best piece of software in a long time imho (in VR).

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I just bought CotM on the Black Friday sale. It’s not great but not bad. Gorgeous but gameplay isnt great.

You sure missed some incredible experiences with PSVR2. RE8 is the best piece of software in a long time imho (in VR).
I played re8 vr demo. It's awesome.
But I was so annoyed with psvr2 comfort and it slipping down my face that I returned it.
Now that headstrap mods are out, I will give it another chance on sale

ABnormal

I still find it funny, but I understand that it could be confusing to anyone who didn't live those days...:messenger_grinning_smiling:

SilentUser

Arizona Sunshine 2 PSVR2 gameplay is looking pretty good, same as PC I think. But what will matter is how it looks when using the headset, hopefully it will be nice.

Bought Call of the mountain because of the sale. The intro on the boat is great but once you start moving it feels very bad. The game must be running at a low framerate? It just isn't fluid.
I've played a lot of games that use reprojection but none of them feel like that.
I think I'll wait for the PS5 Pro and hope they patch the game.

Bought Call of the mountain because of the sale. The intro on the boat is great but once you start moving it feels very bad. The game must be running at a low framerate? It just isn't fluid.
I've played a lot of games that use reprojection but none of them feel like that.
Yeah it feels awful unfortunately. I had to switch to snap turn as smooth is completely unplayable. Doubt they will release a patch to fix anything it's been a while since its launch... :/

Make sure you have smooth turning at a fast speed. The options are deceiving with turn speed, I thought it was awful too and then I realized I could further increase the speed. Might not resolve your issue but just something to try.

Make sure you have smooth turning at a fast speed. The options are deceiving with turn speed, I thought it was awful too and then I realized I could further increase the speed. Might not resolve your issue but just something to try.

Yeah, I switched to fast speed and it is a bit better but still unplayable for me. Snap turning helps but I don't like snap turning in general, lol.

PanzerCute

Talking about reprojection I didnt have issues with Horizon (but you indeed need to increase smooth turning to the max as fart town usa fart town usa said) but I notice it quite a bit in Switchback. A bit distracting sometimes to be honest

Hubris devs said Sony was working on improving the algorithm, so hopefully we will have better quality in the future.

On another topic, I showed Demeo to à friend who is a sucker for table top RPG and TRPG in general. He went back home and ordered a heasdet.

Yes, the game is THAT good.

Top Bottom