• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

ssringo

This is actually interesting to read, imo.
200.gif

I think calling it interesting is underselling it. I was already excited to play RE4VR and that interview skyrocketed my hype. I already know the game is incredible and the stuff they talked about for the VR mode sound super fun.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I’m intrigued by that Ancient Dungeon game. Any impressions from fellow gaffers?
It's a pretty great dungeon crawler reminiscent of something like Spelunky but with immersing VR systems. Dev is preparing a coop update for next year.

Last edited:

SilentUser

I’m intrigued by that Ancient Dungeon game. Any impressions from fellow gaffers?
I don't have it, but the dev confirmed 120hz native and:

"We are not using foveated rendering, the game is very light on performance, so we just render on a very high resolution.
We render on 1.5x render scale with 4x MSAA on top".

They also promised crossplay (not guaranteed, though) and more content after the release of the multiplayer.

My brother bought it (PCVR) and he had a positive first impression, but he is waiting for the multiplayer update so we can play together.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
It's a pretty great dungeon crawler reminiscent of something like Spelunky but with immersing VR systems. Dev is preparing a coop update for next year.
I have played it off an on for the past few years. I first played it as a* SideQuest Demo game as the developers were getting started on it.

IMO it is a solid dungeon crawler in VR. Intuitive for the most part and its available on all VR platforms currently.

Open Beta right now for the Multi-player support (quest) as well.

If you don't like a "Minecraft" aesthetic you would not care much for this games art style.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I have played it off an on for the past few years. It started off as a SideQuest Demo game as the developers were getting started on it.

IMO it is a solid dungeon crawler in VR. Intuitive for the most part and its available on all VR platforms currently.

Open Beta right now for the Multi-player support (quest) as well.

If you don't like a "Minecraft" aesthetic you would not care much for this games art style.
Nah it started on itch.io

FunkMiller

Anyone finding the RE4 VR mod a bit janky? The gun and ammo holster feel too far in front of me, and the tracking occasionally borks on the left hand.

Minsc

Gold Member
Has anyone check if PSVR2 RE4 has trophies?

Cause REVillage didn't have.

Regular trophies can be earned I've read, I do not believe there are new ones though, not sure. Either way, I don't care for trophies much lol.

Minsc

Gold Member
Great, thanks guys.

What about controls, is there a teleport option?

There was snap turning in vignetting in Village, so I imagine so, but I don't think you'd be able to keep up with the action too well that way. I couldn't, all the enemy positions just instantly shift to new locations messing up my aim. I got my VR legs with Village, and only do smooth turning at high speeds now, feels like a better version of the flat game that way.

Shtof

There was snap turning in vignetting in Village, so I imagine so, but I don't think you'd be able to keep up with the action too well that way. I couldn't, all the enemy positions just instantly shift to new locations messing up my aim. I got my VR legs with Village, and only do smooth turning at high speeds now, feels like a better version of the flat game that way.
Yeah I get what you mean. But I thought Half-Life Alyx kinda solved this issue? (haven't played it)

Rob_27

I've downloaded an update for RE4 Presume it was for VR 750meg.

But upon booting it it doesn't go into VR or ask you to.... is there another download coming later today?

Minsc

Gold Member

But upon booting it it doesn't go into VR or ask you to.... is there another download coming later today?

You had your headset on and active and did a fresh load of the game from the headset? And it's the PS5 version of the game not PS4? It's definitely live, been so for around 10 hours.

SilentUser

Anyone finding the RE4 VR mod a bit janky? The gun and ammo holster feel too far in front of me, and the tracking occasionally borks on the left hand.
I feel like the holster really is too far from me, luckly it isn't a game breaker at all, just strange. Also, no tracking issues for now for me, at least.

Working just fine here. VR mode download is about 3gb, I think you got the PS4 /PS5 version update (which is around 700mb). Make sure you have the PS5 game version downloaded and go to the store to download the VR mode as it isn't a update per se, it is like an expansion.

Rob_27

You had your headset on and active and did a fresh load of the game from the headset? And it's the PS5 version of the game not PS4? It's definitely live, been so for around 10 hours.
Thanks I can't remember. Started Arizona Sunshine 2 instead.

Will give it another go later.

FunkMiller

Got up to the windmill in RE4 VR, and it's definitely better implemented than Village. Higher fidelity for certain. Doesn't have quite as bad a feeling of flat textures, and the whole thing seems like a step up in smoothness and feeling like you're in a real environment. I haven't played the remake in pancake vision, so this almost feels like a new game. Stabby stabby R2 knifing is huge fun.

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

Finishe 1st chapter in re4r vr and game is great, up there with VIllage and Gt7. Antialiasing is improved but fsr chimering is more noticable, run very smooth, there are less vr mechanics than in village (for example you see in 3rd view Leon climbing on ladder) but still full weapon reloading, parying with knife etc. We need more flat games conversion.

FunkMiller

Having not played the remake of RE4 yet, I'm surprised and really pleased with the amount of changes they've made. I've finished the original about six or seven times through the years, so was expecting not that much new. What a great job they've done.

Minsc

Gold Member
Finishe 1st chapter in re4r vr and game is great, up there with VIllage and Gt7. Antialiasing is improved but fsr chimering is more noticable, run very smooth, there are less vr mechanics than in village (for example you see in 3rd view Leon climbing on ladder) but still full weapon reloading, parying with knife etc. We need more flat games conversion.

Yup. If Sony gave us something of this level, just take a very popular flat game and put it in VR, even if they don't redo the controls (or did minimal work like in RE4 here with no other VR interactions), and released it every month, the PSVR2 would have a hell of a library in a few years. And I'd buy/play everyone of those ports.

Markio128

Gold Member
I’ve decided to play RE4 VR in big girl’s blouse mode. Assists, red dot, easy reload. Anything to help me at least experience the full game. I’m only early into the game (just jumped out of the window of the first building), but I’m digging it so far. Everything looks nice and crisp. If I can get past the big hammer man and chainsaw man, then I have a fighting chance… 😂

SilentUser

US/CanadaEU
The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: RetributionThe Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: Retribution
Beat SaberBeat Saber
SynapseMoss: Book II
Horizon Call of the MountainHorizon Call of the Mountain
Moss: Book IISynapse
Walkabout Mini GolfPavlov
PavlovThe Dark Pictures: Switchback VR
Vampire: The Masquerade – JusticeRacket Fury: Table Tennis VR
The Dark Pictures: Switchback VRGreen Hell VR
NFL PRO ERARed Matter 2

Markio128

Gold Member
US/CanadaEU
The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: RetributionThe Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: Retribution
Beat SaberBeat Saber
SynapseMoss: Book II
Horizon Call of the MountainHorizon Call of the Mountain
Moss: Book IISynapse
Walkabout Mini GolfPavlov
PavlovThe Dark Pictures: Switchback VR
Vampire: The Masquerade – JusticeRacket Fury: Table Tennis VR
The Dark Pictures: Switchback VRGreen Hell VR
NFL PRO ERARed Matter 2

I’m surprised to see HCOTM so high on the list, considering the price. I’m still waiting for a meaningful discount, and I’m a big fan of the franchise. I’ll bite at £29.99, £34.99 at a push.

Minsc

Gold Member
I’m surprised to see HCOTM so high on the list, considering the price. I’m still waiting for a meaningful discount, and I’m a big fan of the franchise. I’ll bite at £29.99, £34.99 at a push.

I still don't like those lists because they don't count games with VR DLC. Like I explicitly bought RE4 yesterday for the VR support they added, but since it's in a free DLC it won't count as a sale. Despite being categorized as a VR game by Sony.

Top Bottom