• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

ssringo

Got to the island tonight in RE4R. Minecart was fun, Salazar was fun, Krauser was cool but a bit of a letdown. He felt super nerfed to me. Like, I couldn't get a full parry chain on him and he kinda beat my ass a bit but still went down in what felt like only a few stun > melee and knife cuts. I swear he took more on the flat version.

re4 first place on this guys list over asgards wrath 2

Nice list. I'd rather not have to buy a Quest 3 but it does seem to have several games right up my alley with Assassin's Creed and Asgard sounding fantastic.

Minsc

Gold Member
Got to the island tonight in RE4R. Minecart was fun, Salazar was fun, Krauser was cool but a bit of a letdown. He felt super nerfed to me. Like, I couldn't get a full parry chain on him and he kinda beat my ass a bit but still went down in what felt like only a few stun > melee and knife cuts. I swear he took more on the flat version.

Nice list. I'd rather not have to buy a Quest 3 but it does seem to have several games right up my alley with Assassin's Creed and Asgard sounding fantastic.

Meta definitely has a good handful of exclusives, but with Quest 3 you get a fantastic display/connection to wireless PC VR. So Alyx and everything else (and IMO there's a greater number of worthwhile PC VR games not on PS VR2 than vice-versa), including all the modded PC to VR games.

PSVR2 gets you a nice entry point to maybe 20 great VR titles on the low end (if you're super picky about not playing things that are more tech demo-like) to double or triple that to 50+ great VR titles if you can count less substantial experiences... PC VR gets you easily that many great titles and more (counting all the mods).

Plus there's all the cool stuff you can side-load on the Quest. So yeah, if someone loves VR and only has PSVR2 - they're easily missing over 1/2 the VR experiences available which getting a Quest 3 would provide.

ABnormal

So I got this for me and my two boys for XMAS.
We had VR1 and own Quest 2- so I know what we are getting into for the most part. Excited to play the console games we already own (RE's, GT7)

I see Horizon is gorgeous- abit like a Tech demo. Worth the plunge?
Basically I'm looking for PS5 exclusives or games that just excel with VR2.

Any recommendations falling within those parameters?
Surely Resident Evil 8, Red Matter 2, The Walking Dead Saints & Sinners 1 and 2, No Man's Sky, Gran Turismo 7, Demeo, Kayak VR, Moss 1 and 2, Synapse.

Markio128

Gold Member
Has anyone here managed to get an 18 below par on one of the courses of Walkabout Mini Golf? I’m trying to get the trophy and it’s pretty hard even on the first course where I’ve managed a -14 as my best. I’m also struggling to get a par or better on one of the hard courses.

I don’t think I’ve cursed so much in VR. 😂

Speaking of golf, I’d really like a more traditional game of golf in VR. Is there any word on a golf game coming to PSVR2?

Markio128

Gold Member
Ven reminds me of a PS1/PS2 style platformer. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it looks like it neither has the charm of Moss, or the innovation of Astro Bot. I’m still tempted by it though because these kind of games are few and far between on PSVR2, and it’s cheap enough.

Paperboy

Hopefully this one is good. It's at a good price too of just $20.
It is a good looking game, could be nice.
Ven reminds me of a PS1/PS2 style platformer. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it looks like it neither has the charm of Moss, or the innovation of Astro Bot. I’m still tempted by it though because these kind of games are few and far between on PSVR2, and it’s cheap enough.

It's been out on PCVR for two years. Here are some reviews:
Spoiler: it's good!

Has anyone here managed to get an 18 below par on one of the courses of Walkabout Mini Golf? I’m trying to get the trophy and it’s pretty hard even on the first course where I’ve managed a -14 as my best. I’m also struggling to get a par or better on one of the hard courses.

I don’t think I’ve cursed so much in VR. 😂

Speaking of golf, I’d really like a more traditional game of golf in VR. Is there any word on a golf game coming to PSVR2?
18 under par for a trophy? Yikes.

That’s a good idea for a golf sim game. I’d like to try that as well.

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
So I purchased Ven and played for about 10 minutes before my Daughter and her friend took over the headset. I guess I’ll need to get used to that over the holidays ☹️

Ven seems okay, but I’ll need to give it a proper go tomorrow.

darthvargi

I would say Asgard Wrath is 0%, Assassin's Creed could be happening, though.
Yeah I've heard both AC Nexus and Dungeons of Eternity are not truly Quest exclusives. Although I have them on Quest 3, id definitely double dip for better visuals. AC Nexus looks good on Quest but the stuttering and npc models could be vastly improved on PSVR 2.

Minsc

Gold Member
Yeah I've heard both AC Nexus and Dungeons of Eternity are not truly Quest exclusives. Although I have them on Quest 3, id definitely double dip for better visuals. AC Nexus looks good on Quest but the stuttering and npc models could be vastly improved on PSVR 2.

The mixed reality stuff is pretty cool though, I like how it's built in to the story as flimsy as the story is, that you're a hacker in your home and you access the game's hub while viewing a Tony Stark-esque like virtual UI with your room in the background is something the PSVR2 can't do.

I actually find the visuals of the environments to be quite great on the Quest 3, the characters up close look a bit dated, but the fact you can zoom right out from anywhere on the map and be looking down at the whole game world below you to plan your paths is really impressive.

I'm sure the visual improvements will be nice, but sometimes PS VR2 games (well most PS VR2 games) really feel like they aren't running off a PS5, but a Quest 2 / Quest 3 Pro. For what you get on the PS5 on multi-platform VR games vs what I think the system should be capable of - especially after playing RE4R VR - there's quite a gap in power.

SilentUser

About Dungeons of Eternity, I've been told there is no exclusivity clause. The devs simply opted for the biggest user base. They are a small team and couldn't spread theirselves too thin. Plus, they didn't have PSVR2 devkit back then, not sure if they have it by now.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Looks like Tiger Blade is available now as well.

Several games on sale that I have on my wishlist:

The Room VR = 15 (30)
Pixel Ripped 1995 = 12 (20)
Pixel Ripped 1978 = 18 (25)
The 7th Guest = 24 (30)
Another Fisherman's Tale = 15 (25)
Synapse = 25 (35)
Star Wars: TftGE = 32 (40)
Hellsweeper VR = 23 (30)
The Last Clockwinder = 14 (24)
Switchback = 24 (40)
Crossfire: Sierra Squad = 23 (30)

Shown in USD and normal price in ( ).

I'm sure there's even more.

splattered

I don't think anyone answered last time I asked... Did Sony finally put out an update fixing the controller disconnect issue? I never exchanged my unit cause I kept reading this would be fixed via updates...

R6Rider

Gold Member
I don't think anyone answered last time I asked... Did Sony finally put out an update fixing the controller disconnect issue? I never exchanged my unit cause I kept reading this would be fixed via updates...
Not sure. Probably best to do some searching.

I know there have been several updates, and I've never had any controller issue.

Resenge

I did not know there was an issue? it is not widespread if there is one, maybe that is why you are not getting any responses. Are you sure your Controllers/headset is not faulty?

Last edited:

splattered

Yeaaah google it. There was a fairly big issue with the controllers not working right with the set. Lots of people complaining online and showing that sony support was stating it would be fixed via updates but that they could also trade in their entire package for an exchange if they wanted. I was hoping it would just be patched... ok i'll go down the rabbit hole again looking for updates.

Resenge

Yeaaah google it. There was a fairly big issue with the controllers not working right with the set. Lots of people complaining online and showing that sony support was stating it would be fixed via updates but that they could also trade in their entire package for an exchange if they wanted. I was hoping it would just be patched... ok i'll go down the rabbit hole again looking for updates.
I did a quick PSVR reddit check but didnt see anything too bad. Sorry I have no answer for you.

SilentUser

That sucks, sorry I can't help you :( is there a way to reset the firmware and update it again?

Does this happen with any game or is it a problem with a specific game?

reinking

Gold Member
I didn't see it being a huge issue. Sorry it is happening to you. I remember seeing stuff where people needed more light or turning on the border for VR tracking to help but I don't recall a lot about disconnecting.

You have probably already tried, but I would try to reset each controller to see if that helps.

splattered

Thanks guys... i did a quick google search earlier and dont really see anyone saying Hurrah! Fixed! ... yeah i've reset the controllers multiple times reformatted and all that. It happens in any and every game. Maybe it's fixed now? I'll try and find time to mess with it later, busy with holiday stuff this weekend.

Top Bottom