• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Oh man... I feel ashamed when I remember we haven't played Wizards together yet 👀 and yeah, I'm going to die play Phasmophobia, my brother is waiting for me because some of his friends couldn't overcome their fear 🫥
No worries. I was on a flat gaming kick for a minute and am only getting back into to VR again. Wizards will be fun though, I'm still down.

NoobSmog

We absolutely have to play this in coop.

Edit- if anyone wants to coop anything in VR, hit me up. Virgils_mustache, I got a massive VR library. EST. Especially now that Ghostbusters is on PS+, that's a fun romp in coop, don't sleep on it if you have access to it.
I'd be down to try some ghostbusters sometime. I didn't even know they added that to ps+.

I'd be down to try some ghostbusters sometime. I didn't even know they added that to ps+.
It's in the gamepass style selection for the middle-tier and up. They added a pretty quality selection of PSVR2 games to it a few weeks back. Synth Riders, Kayak, Ghostbusters, Walking Dead, a few others as well.

SilentUser

Servers aren't going down though, thankfully.

Zenith is a cool game but it's confusing as hell to me, always acted as a wall for my overall enjoyment.
I thought the whole studio would close after the news that Zenith wasn't profitable, it relieves me to know they are still working!

Just wanted to give more thoughts on Arizona Sunshine II, still really enjoying this game. Tweaked the holster/ammo pouch height, zone radius, and interactions feel better, reloading still doesn't feel as seamless as something like Village but sometimes it's that way at times in VR. In Arizona Sunshine the clip/shells do a scripted animation when reloading. It's really quick but you have to pace yourself, otherwise the reload action won't register. I just take it as an opportunity to Git Gud. I also turned down the headset brightness and that helped a bit with visuals. The game is bright on purpose of course but it seemed a bit too bright. Game brightness is on default.

I'm on chapter 8 and have probably played 3-4 hours. I mention that because some reviews say the game is 3-5 hours long. I have a hard time seeing that, especially on a first playthrough. I suspect the game will take 9-11. There is a trophy too for playing 10 hours. (There's 19 chapters.)

I'm not sure what the lowest sale has been for this game but it's totally worth $30 if the asking price of $40 is too rich. I don't regret it at $40 but it really is just the same gameplay loop as the first game, Buddy is fantastic though, can't stress that enough. That VR dog really is the secret sauce in this game.

I got my eyes on Mixture, I think that will be my next VR purchase. Pixel Junk 1995 is on sale for $11 or so in NA, picked that up. Really looking forward to it considering I was 10 in 1995. What a time to be a kid.

Last edited:

keraj37

Contacted PSN to add his card back to his account
Surely The Walking Dead: Saints&Sinners. Red Matter 2 too is quite great.
Thanks for recommending The Walking Dead. Really great game.
I bought PS4 disk, and it unlocks the PS5 version which looks and feel great.
N3Zil4S.jpeg

ABnormal

Thanks for recommending The Walking Dead. Really great game.
I bought PS4 disk, and it unlocks the PS5 version which looks and feel great.
N3Zil4S.jpeg
Remember that you can ease your life grabbibg zombie heads so that you can quietly dispose of them as you wish, or push them away if you have to flee and there are many :)

There are many little things that enrich the gameplay, and many hidden recipes and weapon blueprints. Study as food gives you stamina, but not cure you from the disease given from zombies (that requires the scarce medicines), and all the details.

Last edited:

SilentUser

Holy shit you aren't kidding.

It's 2 dollars.
Just had a brief moment with it: really sharp, cool art and very different gameplay style! Could be pretty cool, but I must play way more to have a proper conclusion.

In other news, finally had a few minutes with Sushi Ben and wow! Loved every second of it: very sharp game, anime style is really charming and it is a nice, chill game.

I picked up Mixture last night. Was itching for a sit-down action/platformer and a few reviews praised the combat.

Not sure how I feel about the game. On one hand, it has a nice melancholic vibe with a good ost, visuals are fine so far, movement feels fine. On the other hand, there's no jump and that's incredibly disappointing to me, you have to bounce of specific objects in order to jump. You also have to throw alchemic mixtures and the accuracy is kind of shit. Really hamstrings the experience so far.

I'm on the fence with this game right now but I am compelled to see it through. It's surprisingly difficult but the poor throwing mechanics adds a layer of artificial difficulty and it just doesn't feel good at all. Basically a roll of the dice if the thrown mixture will hit its target and that just isn't cool considering the game relies heavily on it. So far this game isn't anywhere near the level that Moss 1&2 are on.

Another platformer I've been playing is Ven VR adventure. That game is a total dime, I can easily recommend it. Basically an indie Astrobot: Rescue Mission-type experience.

I'm really excited for Max Mustard, I want to see more third-person platformers.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Really enjoying No Mans Sky in VR, just hit a planet that looked proper gorgeous, sense of scale with the orbiting moons was off the charts as was the immense amount of visual detail, planet had grass stretching away, loads of animals and was a joy to explore...

Just wish Bethesda would release a Skyrim and Fallout VR update

Top Bottom