• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Just PSVR unfotunately.
Star Wars Reaction GIF

SilentUser

Same for me. I'd have no issue at all paying a small fee. Especially for something like RE7, Astrobot, etc. Sony is so effing dumb for not converting Astrobot to PSVR2. They finally have a mascot that gamers as a whole enjoy and they keep it relegated to a dead headset. It's so dumb.
I wonder if there is any chance that Sony will port Rescue Mission. Perhaps, they should port it next year, a few months after Astro Bot, to entice new players coming from Astro Bot to buy a PSVR2 and play the "new" title. Doubt they will do, but it would have a nice timing, imo (though it should be available since day one :messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:).

I wonder if there is any chance that Sony will port Rescue Mission. Perhaps, they should port it next year, a few months after Astro Bot, to entice new players coming from Astro Bot to buy a PSVR2 and play the "new" title. Doubt they will do, but it would have a nice timing, imo (though it should be available since day one :messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:).
I always forget, do you have psvr or have you played Rescue Mission? It's such a charming game. I love that gameplay wise it's nothing special but that aspect also showcases how much of an impact that VR can have on a game. It 100% takes it to the next level, so much so that I don't really care for the new game. I'm sure it'll be good but I dont plan on getting it at launch. I didn't even finish Playroom either. Rescue Mission set the bar too high for me and it's hard to enjoy it as much in flat.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I always forget, do you have psvr or have you played Rescue Mission? It's such a charming game. I love that gameplay wise it's nothing special but that aspect also showcases how much of an impact that VR can have on a game. It 100% takes it to the next level, so much so that I don't really care for the new game. I'm sure it'll be good but I dont plan on getting it at launch. I didn't even finish Playroom either. Rescue Mission set the bar too high for me and it's hard to enjoy it as much in flat.
I'm the same, absolutely loved VR astrobot, added so much more to the gameplay and really drew you in whereas the new one looks great but is just another 2D platformer, no interest in it that is until Sony adds a VR mode then I'll dip

SilentUser

Even though I have the game (Sony gave it away once), I never had a PSVR. So games like Rescue Mission, Rush of Blood, Farpoint and others would effectively be brand new titles to me.

Too bad I don't have a VR capable PC, would like to play some Steam games. How am I kidding? I barely have time to play the games I have lol
Same.

‐-----------------

The Foglands rolled out another patch yesterday. V1.0.5, played a bit and has some hard crashes but its's still a personal favorite of mine. Curious to see what they've added. One of those games that can be rough at times but man, the movement/platforming is so freaking good and there is a ton of variety for each run. Game is far better than the majority of people give it credit for.

Filldo

First two areas in The Foglands. Fun run w/ no issues. Good example of what the gameplay is like.

I was super interested in this game before it came out to horrible reviews. I was waiting for it to get patched up, Dev's posted a lot on Reddit and seemed genuinely trying to improve the product. Seems like most VR devs have to release unfinished products just to get them out the door to make some money to continue funding development. I'm unfortunately pretty broke at the moment so I won't be buying it soon most likely... I saw its on sale but its still $20 on sale. I saw both Fisherman's tales games for like $14, I've heard good things about those games so if I'm gonna buy anything I feel like I should be going with those. But I do want Foglands at some point.

I was super interested in this game before it came out to horrible reviews. I was waiting for it to get patched up, Dev's posted a lot on Reddit and seemed genuinely trying to improve the product. Seems like most VR devs have to release unfinished products just to get them out the door to make some money to continue funding development. I'm unfortunately pretty broke at the moment so I won't be buying it soon most likely... I saw its on sale but its still $20 on sale. I saw both Fisherman's tales games for like $14, I've heard good things about those games so if I'm gonna buy anything I feel like I should be going with those. But I do want Foglands at some point.
Outside of the occasional hard crash in the first area, the game is in a really good spot. Devs are aware and trying to fix things further but it's for hard for them to recreate some of the crashes. FWIW, I've never had it crash in the 2nd or 3rd area and if it were to crash, the game autosaves each time you enter a new level/area so you wouldn't be 100% out of luck. A successful run can last up to 90 minutes depending on how thorough you are with exploring.

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I do hope the PC space eventually unlocks access to all the headset features. I want to see some actual experimentation with things like eye tracking. It has so much potential to change gameplay and all people seem to care about are fuckin graphics. And in this very specific case, you can literally do both.

Minsc

Gold Member
I do hope the PC space eventually unlocks access to all the headset features. I want to see some actual experimentation with things like eye tracking. It has so much potential to change gameplay and all people seem to care about are fuckin graphics. And in this very specific case, you can literally do both.

ETFR from what I read of people on the Quest Pro who can implement it is a huge help in framerate and running stuff smoothly. I'd love to see HDR and that added unofficially somehow as well.

drezz

You can skip the adapter; and only need a single cable, if you have a GPU with VirtualLink, such as a Nvidia 2080 TI.

I have one and just fired up Ghost of Tabor on it, played the darkest map and looks greater then Quest 3's colour.

Tracking was a bit off with the hands/controllers cause of bad BT adapter, a Cep1er b100(It works, just dont expect the 10m ad's).

Heres a clip from me using PSVR2 on PC for the first time.

Minsc

Gold Member
Nice! Quest 3's blacks/darks are terrible, I expect this to be way better there. PSVR2 does have mura in its blacks though, the above thumbnail isn't going to be dark enough to see that however.

keraj37

Contacted PSN to add his card back to his account
My full updated PSVR2 physical collection. Do you have any recommendations what I should get next?
It is not like I buy everything, some games I know, I will never play, so I skip them.
Some of this games are still unsealed since I still play Hubris, which is very nice game BTW, I can recommend it.
nZSPhQ7.jpeg

I have expanded the collection a bit. I you know about any other disc versions of psvr2 games please let me know. I am waiting for a few titles already, but maybe I missed something.
bGYPEOQ.jpeg

I also preordered disc version of Wanderer: The Fragments of Fate, but it got delayed by 2 months, so need to wait more for it.
iu

Stumbled on this channel the other day. Not familiar with Doc Oculus but Paul, who runs the vrrealm website and streams on twitch, is a great guy. One of the more open minded and thoughtful VR content creators (doesn't engage in drama or clickbait), also gives most games a fair shake. His website seems to be down right now but it's probably due to maintenance. https://thevrrealm.com/reviews/

SilentUser

Stumbled on this channel the other day. Not familiar with Doc Oculus but Paul, who runs the vrrealm website and streams on twitch, is a great guy. One of the more open minded and thoughtful VR content creators (doesn't engage in drama or clickbait), also gives most games a fair shake. His website seems to be down right now but it's probably due to maintenance. https://thevrrealm.com/reviews/

Nice, thanks for sharing! The site is up at the moment 😊

PanzerCute

Lets do it!
SeenvvH.jpeg

Same for me, unless there is no disc version (I don't buy anything digital), specially on PS store.
You can buy the PS5 version retail, but I dont know if there is a way to make the VR version work with it (like the VR dlc of RE4 and GT for instance)

keraj37

Contacted PSN to add his card back to his account
Man, setting up this adapter, reminded me why I moved to console gaming in the first place.

1. Constant crashes
2. Slide shows, until you update your gpu driver
3. I had working bt adpater but it didn't work at all with psvr2 controllers so I had to buy another (this one works really good, no lags etc)
5iDK9E5.jpeg

and you cannot ignore pairing the psvr2 controllers (which would work for me okay, since I wanted to play with mouse+keyboard), since the setting up psvr2 headset will not finish.
4. I had to buy extra displayport cable etc, etc

On the contrary:
Experience with PS5 + PSVR2:
1. Plug the cable and PLAY!

Yeah that easy, consoles win on this. But I still will use psvr2 on PC for watching 3D movies (I just downloaded Dune part 1 3D but I cannot find working 3D video player - the steam VR media player is crap)

Last edited:

starfire1978

Neo Member
Man, setting up this adapter, reminded me why I moved to console gaming in the first place.

1. Constant crashes
2. Slide shows, until you update your gpu driver
3. I had working bt adpater but it didn't work at all with psvr2 controllers so I had to buy another (this one works really good, no lags etc)
5iDK9E5.jpeg

and you cannot ignore pairing the psvr2 controllers (which would work for me okay, since I wanted to play with mouse+keyboard), since the setting up psvr2 headset will not finish.
4. I had to buy extra displayport cable etc, etc

On the contrary:
Experience with PS5 + PSVR2:
1. Plug the cable and PLAY!

Yeah that easy, consoles win on this. But I still will use psvr2 on PC for watching 3D movies (I just downloaded Dune part 1 3D but I cannot find working 3D video player - the steam VR media player is crap)
I just want a steam app on console or anything else besides computer also

Last edited:

Crayon

So does this mean modders could in theory build in Foveated Rendering?

Maybe?

I can tell you that if code is under a proper open source license, SOMEONE out there is going to tear into it. If a few like minded devs make it into a spare time project, things can really get going.

What I need from it is linux compatibility. Which would, for obvious reasons, be one of the first things they go for.

It came in the Post today... it works... I can play Superhot VR again... I am fucking sweaty from the test session... love that game... fuck, the right controller has hickups with the room position, even though I got one of the BT-Dongles Sony themselves told, would be fine... always something else...

Top Bottom