• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

An aspect of Into the Radius that I think many people will appreciate, are the difficulty options. You can customize it big time. Can make it a hiking simulator with not much challenge or balls hard. Doesn't affect trophies outside of the "ironman mode" trophy.

SilentUser

R6Rider

Gold Member
Added to wishlist.
Me Too Samesies GIF

Wasn't able to play ITR for a few days due to life in general, jumped back in last night. Man, it's just so damn good if survival horror is your thing. The gameplay is incredibly solid and rewarding.

I was looking at CM Games website and all they made prior to ITR was some racing mobile games. Pretty cool that they went all out and made a purely VR gem over the course of 5 years. The game shines.

Pelao

After the good reviews, I decided to purchase Into the Radius and, what was initially going to be a quick test turned into a nearly four and a half hour session until the controllers battery died.
In addition to the fact that the setting and exploration are great, this game speaks to my inner gun autism on a spiritual level. I just love the amount of mechanics involved in maintaining, reloading, and utilizing each weapon.

After the good reviews, I decided to purchase Into the Radius and, what was initially going to be a quick test turned into a nearly four and a half hour session until the controllers battery died.
In addition to the fact that the setting and exploration are great, this game speaks to my inner gun autism on a spiritual level. I just love the amount of mechanics involved in maintaining, reloading, and utilizing each weapon.
I'm about to jump back in myself. I really need to focus on some main missions to get my security level up but I'm having too much fun exploring new spots and pressing my luck with the weapons I have. I'm excited to use the sniper rifles and assault rifles.

Had such a successful run. Stacking some $$$. I even played on quality mode this time and I definitely adjusted to the reprojection, it's somehow not blurry, maybe because of the DFR. But something like Arizona Sunshine 2, great game but the reprojection is noticeable as hell.

EisnGOd.png

edit-

One of my favorite areas in the game is directly to the right when you leave the middle safe zone entrance/exit. The power tower and surrounding area is near identical to a favorite hike of mine. Also right near railroad tracks and a giant sandpit, half crater, lol.

mobaR22.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't understand what Playstation is thinking.

You would think the mention of the Pro enhancing PSVR2 would be a main mention AND some kind of talk about how NEW VR games are coming, but instead it feels like the vita treatment.
It doesn't make sense.

The thing that irks me the most isn't that Sony doesn't make games for the headset, that doesn't bother me personally at all, it's the fact that they effectively shit on indies and 3rd parties, and headset owners of course, by acting like the headset doesn't exist.

Yea, there are blog posts but few people read those. It's absolute minimal effort.

At some point the quality 3rd party games are going to dry up if the sales aren't there. We're eating good this year but I get nervous for 2025 and the future.

aclar00

You would think the mention of the Pro enhancing PSVR2 would be a main mention AND some kind of talk about how NEW VR games are coming, but instead it feels like the vita treatment.

Unfortunately Sony has a horrendous track record of support for their peripherals or essentially anything not the core console.

They do a half ass job hope that shit will just take off and if it does then they essentially call it a wash. I hope to be proven wrong one day.

XXL

They did mention in the CNET article.

An AI-assisted upscaling mode, called PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution, works across the whole game library but requires games to update via a patch, adding in details to upscale to 4K. It'll also work on PSVR 2 games in the future, Cerny said.
With that said they aren't going to be hyping up PSVR 2 as much as the PS5 Pro and they are barely hyping up the PS5 Pro themselves yet.

But, I fully expect the PSVR 2 to recieve a massive boost from the PS5 Pro, it just makes sense with everything we have seen from it so far.

Also PSVR 2 on PC is absolutely amazing and that will help drive sales, which is good for PS5 only users too.

SilentUser

Unfortunately Sony has a horrendous track record of support for their peripherals or essentially anything not the core console.

They do a half ass job hope that shit will just take off and if it does then they essentially call it a wash. I hope to be proven wrong one day.
You are absolutely right! They usually have great hardware when it comes to their peripherals, but their software support is pathetic. So much untaped potential when comes to PSVR2... Hopefully they will have one or two good VR or hybrid titles in their pipeline, but they already wasted tons of opportunities.

Got Max Mustard preordered. Should be finished with the main campaign in Radius by then.

I played about 30 min of Happy Funland the other night. That game got roasted a bit at launch but it seemed great to me. Legit funny and the art presentation is really good. Excited to play the whole thing come October.

consoul

It'll also work on PSVR 2 games in the future, Cerny said.
This statement from Cerny was a bit of a let down tbh. It clearly says there's no working version of PSSR for PSVR2 yet. It's on their roadmap, but wasn't a priority and is not something we'll see at launch.

I expect a bit of extra power will be available to devs through PS5 Pro to begin with, but until PSSR for VR is implemented, I don't think we'll see big improvements.

SilentUser

Hmm will try to watch it, hopefully something cool for the PSVR2. They don't mention anything about indies, third party or first party, right?

XXL

Subside is probably the best VR game of 2024.

Hopefully it gets an official announcement at the show. That game deserves more attention. It's pretty high in my personal best games of the year.

Along with all the Half Life games, not just Alyx....all of them. They could all be ported to PS5 for PSVR 2 quite easily.

Minsc

Gold Member
Along with all the Half Life games, not just Alyx....all of them. They could all be ported to PS5 for PSVR 2 quite easily.

But at least now that you can just hook up the PSVR2 to a PC, with an official Sony cable, there's really no excuse left to pass them by any longer. They scale back to run on pretty ancient hardware, as low at the 1000 series GPUs IIRC.

Quite happy with state of play in terms of psvr2, awsome they bringing Hitman1,2,3 for psvr2 (one of this titles I realy wanted to be converted from psvr1), Metro looks realy good + surprising hybrid title.
Yea, I thought it was a good showing. The hybrid title was a pleasant surprise. Need more hybrids for interesting games. Helps to show gamers critical of VR that VR is capable of so much more than "dumbed down games..."

nashman

We know P(I)SS(E)R is coming at a later date to PSVR2 but that does not stop a game from having a "Pro" mode thou. GT7? Metro? How about NMS datamining from awhile ago talking about improved graphics?

Any chance of any of this Day 1?

RavageX

Quite happy with state of play in terms of psvr2, awsome they bringing Hitman1,2,3 for psvr2 (one of this titles I realy wanted to be converted from psvr1), Metro looks realy good + surprising hybrid title.
I honestly would be halfway ok if they would just bring a majority of PSVR1 games over. I still expected to see a lot more hybrid games by now but I guess we will see.

What happens if Metro really takes off? Will we see more PSVR2 games?

Top Bottom