• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Lending my support to us lonely PSVR2 owners with no VR Astrobot. :messenger_loudly_crying:

I know the game is gonna be dope, and I can buy it but Rescue Mission is so damn good and I don't want to play Astro flat. I know I'm just gonna be even more bummed that it's not in VR.

Someday I will play it but for now I can only mourn. Lol.

Stoked as can be for Max Mustard on October 3rd. 4th quarter this year is looking to be top shelf gaming. I got Into the Radius pre-ordered already. Outside of Mustard, October is gonna be focused on VR Horror. Happyfunland, Madison, Exorcist, Switchback, Phasmaphobia (hopefully). Others too but their names escape me.

Absolutely gotta do some coop in the Arizona Sunshine remake. I'm down for part 2 also if anyone has it and is EST.

Edit-

Shit, Walkabout too. We should have a private room in Walkabout for people in this thread. Just have the password be GafRulz or whatever. Widows Walk is perfect for the Halloween season and only one person needs to own the DLC. Up to 8 people can play at a time.

Last edited:
Oh wow. A developer reached out and offered me a key for an upcoming game. I don't really know how these things work because I've never treated my YT channel in that way. I guess I should be vague but expect some early impressions from yours truly in the coming weeks, lol.

No review though, I have no interest in ever being a review channel.

SilentUser

T
Oh wow. A developer reached out and offered me a key for an upcoming game. I don't really know how these things work because I've never treated my YT channel in that way. I guess I should be vague but expect some early impressions from yours truly in the coming weeks, lol.

Thats so cool! Congrats, man! Also, please share your impressions here too when you are allowed :)

T
Thats so cool! Congrats, man! Also, please share your impressions here too when you are allowed :)
Thanks. I'm looking forward to gathering my thoughts and editing together a proper video. The hurdle with YT is the algorithm, kind of funny to think I'll be one of the first videos out there in the battle for clicks. Lol.

mel gibson braveheart GIF

sncvsrtoip

Alyx, Gta5vr or Cyberpunk vr ? :messenger_relieved:

Hi all, I have an issue playing Half Life Alyx and I am unsure if this a problem of my setup or just my graphics card not able to manage it. Basically it worked super smoothly for the first few chapters, but recently is getting frozen (as in the image gets stuck on my helmet doesn't matter where I look) or it crashes altogether when reloading from the game. Has anyone experienced anything like it ?

consoul

Let's hope so anyway.
Until there's some official word of PS5 Pro boosting PSVR2 performance (via patches or otherwise), I'm not gonna count on it.

Markio128

Gold Member
Let's hope so anyway.
Until there's some official word of PS5 Pro boosting PSVR2 performance (via patches or otherwise), I'm not gonna count on it.
I’d be surprised if PD didn’t patch GT7 in general, so we’d likely see the improvements in VR anyway.

I have no doubt that NMS will be patched also, so I’m holding off on playing the game for now.

I’m (naively) hoping that the extra grunt afforded by the Pro, may allow easier development of hybrid VR games. A GTAV VR mode would be incredible, especially since you can play the whole game in 1st person.

drezz

Just platinumed the new Astrobot, not a single bot had the PSVR2 and it was not shown anywhere in the stages.

PSVR1 and the move controllers and the gunstock/controllers were very present.

Feel that is very strange.

Copium they are building a "DLC" that is PSVR2 releated.

Just platinumed the new Astrobot, not a single bot had the PSVR2 and it was not shown anywhere in the stages.

PSVR1 and the move controllers and the gunstock/controllers were very present.

Feel that is very strange.

Copium they are building a "DLC" that is PSVR2 releated.
Completely ridiculous. It is what it is but WTF Sony. The complete radio silence on it irks me the most, and the confirmation via that rapid response interview is salt in the wound.

So many of us feeling like Linus, holding out for the great pumpkin. Lol.

Charlie Brown Halloween GIF by Peanuts

sncvsrtoip

As CNET's resident VR expert, I'm curious what the PS5 Pro can do for the PlayStation VR 2, although Sony's support for the headset has been underwhelming lately. Cerny said the Pro will allow higher-resolution games on the PSVR 2 thanks to the GPU boost and eventually a tuning of Sony's AI upscaling that will work with all VR games. But no specific PSVR 2 upgraded games have been announced yet, and I wonder what those improvements would even feel like.
CNET

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

PS5 Pro will also enhance PSVR2 games, according to Mark Cerny​

That’s according to architect Mark Cerny, who told Cnet that the $700 console’s improved GPU power will allow for higher-resolution games on PSVR 2.

Eventually, PS5 Pro’s AI-assisted upscaling mode, called PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution, will also work on PSVR 2 games in the future, according to Cerny.

sncvsrtoip

I was thinking, after ps5pro premiere that for sure will be niche product at 800 euro price (digital version) Sony will force 3rd party studios to support it and that for sure will cost some money/time. Why couldnt they do same with psvr2 ? And I mean even simplest mode with 3rd person camera and only dualsense support. Would be a game changer.

Last edited:
I still miss Rush of Blood. One of my favourite VR titles.
Rush of Blood isn't even compatible to play on PS5. It works but is frustrating as hell because the aiming is off or something. I played it a while back and I was near the end and it was beyond frustrating, only after did I realize that there's some type of issue and should only be played on PS4.

Snagged Happy Funland last night. Been waiting for October to play it but it's on sale so figured I'd save myself a few bucks and get it now. Still gonna wait to play it but looking forward to it.

Pushsquare couldnt reproduce it on newest firmware so here we go, wiereless psvr2
I think reddit said theoretically wireless could work with the Pro's wifi7. I'm totally down if that ends up being the case but I'll be pissed if it's an all-around better headset. I've spent too much money on Sony hardware to be getting dicked over. Start making some damn VR games, lol.

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

I think reddit said theoretically wireless could work with the Pro's wifi7. I'm totally down if that ends up being the case but I'll be passed if it's an all-around better headset. I've spent too much money on Sony hardware to be getting dicked over. Start making some damn VR games, lol.
If wireless is only diff then pass for me, cable doesnt bother me + sony vr support this year is terrible

Last edited:

SilentUser

I think reddit said theoretically wireless could work with the Pro's wifi7. I'm totally down if that ends up being the case but I'll be passed if it's an all-around better headset. I've spent too much money on Sony hardware to be getting dicked over. Start making some damn VR games, lol.
%
Agreed.
Gimme the games, Sony! I still think they are cooking one or two (hybrid) title, considering they have yet to announce PS5 titles. It has been ages, they must have something to show by now when it comes to PS5 games. Or, perhaps, Jim Ryan fucked things up real bad, way more than I thought he did when he decided to quit out of nowhere!

If wireless is only diff then pass for me, cable doesnt bother me + sony vr support this year is terrible
Agreed too :p

Last edited:
These two are on the store (in NA at least)

I have no idea what this is. Never heard of it until I saw it in the store.

I knew about this one. Definitely gonna get it soon. I hinted at it the other day but I'm playing Into the Radius right now and also listening to the audible of Roadside Picnic. Really in the mood for more Soviet era stuff.

sncvsrtoip

These two are on the store (in NA at least)

I have no idea what this is. Never heard of it until I saw it in the store.

I knew about this one. Definitely gonna get it soon. I hinted at it the other day but I'm playing Into the Radius right now and also listening to the audible of Roadside Picnic. Really in the mood for more Soviet era stuff.

apparently Chernobyl is broken on psvr2 so hold your payment

Last edited:
Top Bottom