• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Bulletstorm is in a great place compared to where it was at launch. Left-hand mode is still busted but an old reddit post clued me into getting around it by swapping L/R L3/R3 within the PS5 accessibility settings.

Developers are working on further patches and adding a horde mode, and proper left-handed support. I missed out on this game when it released on PS3/360. It's really fun, the combat system is great. Pretty cool to experience it in VR for my first time.

Here's the patch trailer for v1.3, it's pretty funny, worth watching.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
it's beyond embarrassing that Sony havent released their own Sony Cinemas app for the PSVR2, they are one of the top Movie Studios and had a hand in the Blu Ray association ffs, why cant i watch my 3D BlurRays in a Sony iMAX!!

also reading the comments on that Reddit post seems like these guys are chancers

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
It is kinda funny to think they couldn't even add in a VR mode or write a VR DLC with a few levels or something. Guess there's a cap on how popular a game can be to have VR support. Astrobot has moved on to the big leagues.

Curious if it sells better or worse than Astro's Playroom did for the PS5.

SilentUser

Googled PSVR2 and saw a story about Astrobot and the director saying there's zero chance for a PSVR2 version.

So effing dumb. It is what it is but man, Sony is such an embarrassment this gen when it comes to software decisions. Good thing there's Concord though! Lmao.
Dumb and frustrating. They do know how to make the wrong choices when it comes to software support.

It is kinda funny to think they couldn't even add in a VR mode or write a VR DLC with a few levels or something. Guess there's a cap on how popular a game can be to have VR support. Astrobot has moved on to the big leagues.

Isn't that the free packed in game with every PS5?

Minsc

Gold Member
Dumb and frustrating. They do know how to make the wrong choices when it comes to software support.

Isn't that the free packed in game with every PS5?

Don't you still have to download it or did it come pre-loaded? If not it's definitely going to be an uphill battle! Good thing I read they'll maybe also get PC sales in there to help as well!

Minsc

Gold Member
I finally managed to get some time woth the PSVR2 and GT7 and it completely changes the game. It makes the experience much more immersive. For me, money worth spent only for GT7 alone. Now, I need to try it with other games and with PC…

If you haven't experienced RE4 yet, that's going to most likely trump anything on PCVR, I'd probably aim for that one next!

R6Rider

Gold Member
I finally managed to get some time woth the PSVR2 and GT7 and it completely changes the game. It makes the experience much more immersive. For me, money worth spent only for GT7 alone. Now, I need to try it with other games and with PC…
Are you playing with a racing wheel or the Dualsense?

TitanNut88

If you haven't experienced RE4 yet, that's going to most likely trump anything on PCVR, I'd probably aim for that one next!
Noted!
Are you playing with a racing wheel or the Dualsense?
I have a Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro with Clubsport Pedals v3 and the shifter SQ v1.5 mounted on a GT Omega Apex stand as I don’t have enough space for a full-sized cockpit. But also another gamechanger piece of hardware!

ABnormal

Which is absurd, since the Astrobot game which propelled the franchise was the PSVR one. Maybe now they think that since it is now well appreciated, doing it for the much widespread flat gaming will result on far bigger sales. But I'm not sure about that: its charm and appealing mechanics were due to VR interaction.

Which is absurd, since the Astrobot game which propelled the franchise was the PSVR one. Maybe now they think that since it is now well appreciated, doing it for the much widespread flat gaming will result on far bigger sales. But I'm not sure about that: its charm and appealing mechanics were due to VR interaction.
It's so dumb. I don't say this to knock the game but Rescue Mission is basic as hell when it comes to gameplay. Essentially baby's first platformer but the VR aspect made it amazing. I'm not even interested in playing that type of platformer flat. Maybe they'll add in a bunch of mechanics but I get the feeling it will be Rescue Mission plus the PS Easter eggs.

ABnormal

An interview with one of Skydance's developers about Behemoth. At 10:15 he says that PSVR2 version is basically equivalent to PC ultra settings, thanks to foveated rendering. And from previous statements, the game should output 90 native frames per second. It's a huge success. It's still incredible what has been possible with VR on console:

An interview with one of Skydance's developers about Behemoth. At 10:15 he says that PSVR2 version is basically equivalent to PC ultra settings, thanks to foveated rendering. And from previous statements, the game should output 90 native frames per second. It's a huge success. It's still incredible what has been possible with VR on console:

Skydance is no joke. This game has the potential to be a big deal.

nashman

So with the PS5 Pro almost a certainty , How will this effect PSVR2?

Im expecting atleast any game that dropped frames here and there to now run better naturally?

Also how many, if any, go beyond that and get a specific PROMODE?

GT7 Promode 120fps and improved detail?

NMS Promode?

How about games coming out at or after launch. What are the chances of a Behemoth or Alien rouge incursion getting a proper Promode?

Preseznik

So with the PS5 Pro almost a certainty , How will this effect PSVR2?

Im expecting atleast any game that dropped frames here and there to now run better naturally?

Also how many, if any, go beyond that and get a specific PROMODE?

GT7 Promode 120fps and improved detail?

NMS Promode?

How about games coming out at or after launch. What are the chances of a Behemoth or Alien rouge incursion getting a proper Promode?

This is the *only* reason I'm interested in a PS5 Pro.
Also rendered irrelevant if they announce a PC port of GT7.

RavageX

I don't think anything will get me interested in a Pro this time around. Everything is going to PC and the PC I have is pretty capable. They said they aren't even pushing/focusing on PSVR2.....so I dunno.

Been REALLY let down by this generation of Playstation. Support for PSVR1 was better than this.

Last edited:

SilentUser

I'm most likely skipping PS5 Pro this time, though I suspect we will see some nice improvements to PSVR2 games (specially when it comes to frame rate stability to some games).

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Reading this makes me so mad at Sony. They literally could have boosted VR overall if they actually cared.

Oh and that Flatout racing game look amazing too!

Yerd

It's taking a month to receive my CMP2. Ordered aug 17, delivery sep9-11 was the recent update. Do not recommend ordering something that takes a moth to receive. If I ever get it, I'll report back how much this thing actually improves the headset.

PanzerCute

It's taking a month to receive my CMP2. Ordered aug 17, delivery sep9-11 was the recent update. Do not recommend ordering something that takes a moth to receive. If I ever get it, I'll report back how much this thing actually improves the headset.
It can be long, yes. I personally got mine after a week and 2 days, and believe me it is a game changer. You wont be disappointed.

daffyduck

Since Sony dropped the ball and left this wide open to scalpers, waiting a month is the lesser evil.

I ordered one on Amazon back in late July and got it next day fortunately. It's a really really great piece of kit.

The difference was huge for me. Before I could play for a couple of hours at most and still get a headache even if taking breaks. Now I can play for the whole evening with breaks and not have any aching from the pressure on the back and front of my head. Well worth £50.

Yerd

I ordered one on Amazon back in late July and got it next day fortunately. It's a really really great piece of kit.

The difference was huge for me. Before I could play for a couple of hours at most and still get a headache even if taking breaks. Now I can play for the whole evening with breaks and not have any aching from the pressure on the back and front of my head. Well worth £50.
Oh, see I got it because I wanted to not have to readjust the the visor all the time. I believe it helps keep it locked in place. The squeeze on the head wasn't a bother for me.

Oh, see I got it because I wanted to not have to readjust the the visor all the time. I believe it helps keep it locked in place. The squeeze on the head wasn't a bother for me.
The strap at the top helps with that for sure. You'll definitely notice the difference in comfort too.

sncvsrtoip

Finished Fishermans Tale, nice story puzzle escape room game. Can recommend as even tough very short it has unique puzzles and its quite cheap. Checked also Towers and Powers, its executed realy solid, I wont play it probably as its only tower defense game but again show power of vr and that almost all genre translate very good.

Googled PSVR2 and saw a story about Astrobot and the director saying there's zero chance for a PSVR2 version.

So effing dumb. It is what it is but man, Sony is such an embarrassment this gen when it comes to software decisions. Good thing there's Concord though! Lmao.

Ya it's gonna sound silly but, I'm not going to "boycott," I love astrobot, but I'm going to wait for a sale. Sony is fucking over everyone that bought a psvr2 on launch by not supporting it and astrobot not being in VR after the first game was basically a showcase for VR is a fucking unforgivable travesty. So while they won't lose a sale on me they will lose a day one purchase.

Ya it's gonna sound silly but, I'm not going to "boycott," I love astrobot, but I'm going to wait for a sale. Sony is fucking over everyone that bought a psvr2 on launch by not supporting it and astrobot not being in VR after the first game was basically a showcase for VR is a fucking unforgivable travesty. So while they won't lose a sale on me they will lose a day one purchase.
I totally get where you're coming from. I'm not buying it either. I have no doubt that the game will be great but I'm just not interested in playing it flat. I didn't even finish Playroom, not that it was bad but Astrobot is entry level platforming and VR is what made it special. I'm not dying to play a flat game like that, got other stuff to play in September and October is going to be dedicated to some horror games I've got lined up. Astrobot is deep sale territory for me. As dumb as it sounds, Epic Mickey Rebrushed is the $60 platformer I'm buying this month, lol. Mostly as a gift for my wife's bday but I'm also geeked to finally play it.

SilentUser

First psvr2 fishing game :messenger_tears_of_joy:

There are some VR specific fixes:

• Water reflections are now enabled for PSVR2.
  • PCVR now supports reflections on the water while running with reflections set to Ultra.
  • Fixed an issue that could make it difficult to interact with some space station objects while in VR.
  • Fixed a number of water-smearing issues when playing in VR.
This game... damn, I love it!

R6Rider

Gold Member
There are some VR specific fixes:

• Water reflections are now enabled for PSVR2.
  • PCVR now supports reflections on the water while running with reflections set to Ultra.
  • Fixed an issue that could make it difficult to interact with some space station objects while in VR.
  • Fixed a number of water-smearing issues when playing in VR.
This game... damn, I love it!
I have NMS but haven't set aside some time to actually play it yet. The last time I played it was at launch back in 2016.

Top Bottom