• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
I understand they want to sell consoles but isn’t selling a $500 headset a good trade off by letting people use it on pc? Then maybe they’ll get a ps5 down the road. Really hope this happens without much work on my part
I’m probably in the minority but Mac support as well would be welcome. I only learned a couple of days ago about MacMorpheus existed so it’s not out the realms of possibility.

DryvBy

I understand they want to sell consoles but isn’t selling a $500 headset a good trade off by letting people use it on pc? Then maybe they’ll get a ps5 down the road. Really hope this happens without much work on my part

I hope so and I think they should release something on PC myself. I'd like to do some of the wonky stuff on PC.

dorkimoe

i refuse to believe that my left lens is not blury...but i saw someone else say it has to be the middle of the screen so let me test it out again later and report back

Minsc

Gold Member
I love VR Horror so much. Im not replaying RE4 Remake until the VR drops. That will be incredible, experiencing my favorite horror game from the inside! yes please!
Yeah, I'm really excited for that too, probably will wait for the VR as well unless they're like a year apart, which would suck.

But I'm looking forward to RE4 the most because it is the least horror of all the REs. If I can even make it to the castle which everyone is fawning over for how unbelievably detailed it is in VR in RE8 when I try it later I'll be impressed with myself. But RE4 I'll finish the whole game, in VR, I'm sure!

SilentUser

Random thought

I want Death Stranding 1 in VR. I think it would be great. Exploration would be elevated greatly and the BTs would be pretty nuts in VR.
I would love that, the game is gorgeous and, after some changes to work with VR, it could be great

Reactions: XXL

Haint

I wonder whats the equivalent in normal HDR TV Nits, having it so close to your eyes must have a big multiplicative factor

The forced blacked out viewing environment and OLED contrast ratio help, but most of the preview impressions had already commented that the HDR is nowhere close to high end TVs (even older OLEDs), with many questioning whether HDR was on or working at all. So no, there's no magical VR multiplicative effect.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Lots of people complaining about mura and/or screen door effect is putting me off, ngl.

Can any experienced VR users comment on how the image is, say in comparison to a Quest 2 running a PCVR game like Alyx on a decent rig?
I started alyx on my quest 2 yesterday and while it looks really good, something like horizon looks better. IQ is better on the PSVR2 imo.

But still love my quest and it didnt feel like a big downgrade going back to it.

Im keeping both headsets for the sony exclusives and to play mp crossplat games with the wife.

Man, I want an RPG in VR. Like seriously, I want SE to make a a whole VR final fantasy. Turn based and everything (except no random encounters, you should see the monsters on the map), full exploration. I want to truly disappear into a huge fantasy world where I get different ships and air ships, fight mythical monsters, and breed chocobos (with each other, not me breeding the chocobos, im good on that). Give me deep caves with goblins and LLamia's, and dwarven cities. Towers with evil wizards. And customization of character abilities, but tell a regular FF story with a fleshed out main character. .

I can deal with the regular rpg bullshit, like npc's repeating themselves and stealing everything from everyone without them thinking twice about it.

I want a true adventure. I know what im asking is probably ridiculous, but I still want it.

Minsc

Gold Member
The forced blacked out viewing environment and OLED contrast ratio help, but most of the preview impressions had already commented that the HDR is nowhere close to high end TVs (even older OLEDs), with many questioning whether HDR was on or working at all. So no, there's no magical VR multiplicative effect.
Still, it is literally hard to look at when it floods out a white screen, it is so damn bright. I squinted way more for the calibration than I ever have for my QLED TV at near-max brightness.
Man, I want an RPG in VR. Like seriously, I want SE to make a a whole VR final fantasy. Turn based and everything (except no random encounters, you should see the monsters on the map), full exploration. I want to truly disappear into a huge fantasy world where I get different ships and air ships, fight mythical monsters, and breed chocobos (with each other, not me breeding the chocobos, im good on that). Give me deep caves with goblins and LLamia's, and dwarven cities. Towers with evil wizards. And customization of character abilities, but tell a regular FF story with a fleshed out main character. .

I can deal with the regular rpg bullshit, like npc's repeating themselves and stealing everything from everyone without them thinking twice about it.

I want a true adventure. I know what im asking is probably ridiculous, but I still want it.
So like Skyrim? An RPG would be amazing, like a 60 hour game with detailed environments and NPCs, monsters etc.

Last edited:

drezz

I wonder whats the equivalent in normal HDR TV Nits, having it so close to your eyes must have a big multiplicative factor

Eating thoose flashbangs got too be a pain!

My Eyes Pain GIF

drezz

i refuse to believe that my left lens is not blury...but i saw someone else say it has to be the middle of the screen so let me test it out again later and report back
Think you need too let someone test your headsett... and verify its not your actual eye?

Just finished the Humanity demo. There is a severe shortage of this type of game these days. It's a common refrain that the smaller "weird" games are no longer available on Sony consoles like we used to get during the PS3 heyday (Think flower, Journey, Puppeteer, Echochrome, Tokyo Jungle). Humanity is in that kind of vein and I feel VR is a hotbed for those type of smaller creative games. Regarding Humanity specifically, I believe it was announced years ago and therefore, the resolution feels very low to me as though it was targetting VR1 and it results in quite a blurry image in VR2. I hope we get a higher res upon release. Amazing game though. I loved the demo and it's definitely on my wishlist

MastAndo

Yep... sucks, looks like other people having a similar issues with it not turning on with the same msg.
Saw someone on another forum have this issue, and it turns out the cable can become disconnected where it connects to the headset itself. I haven't had to mess around with it, but apparently if you move the eyepiece out, you can reseat the connection.

j2wIU2d.jpg

Have you tried that?

sachos

In flat mode with Assassin's Creed Odyssey de HDR only starts clipping at 1000 nits.
Yeah but i wonder what 280 nits feel like 1 cm from your eyes compared to a normal HDR TV, does it feel like "normal" 500 nits? 700 nits? Im sure there must be a way to calculate it.

Haint

It would be helpful to know if people are first time vr users or not. Some of the issues sound kind of normal to me. Like you do have to manage a headset a bit when you play a standing vr game. One day they will be small and light but we're not there yet and you'll have to grab a headset and realign it here and there. Even if it was a pair of glasses you are going to touch them here and there to straighten them out if you're moving around enough. Different heads notwithstanding, this one stays on pretty good. That doesn't mean it stays locked on for hours.

And chasing the dead-on sweet spot is a good way to end up fiddling with a headset way too much. On this headset there is a small spot where it looks fantastic, but a larger one where it still looks pretty fucking good. That's a weakness of this set, imo. The sweet spot (im already getting sick of that word) is very small and that's where it looks amazing. But if it's 90% on, it still looks great. Amazing is the enemy of great.

And maybe some first time vr people were expecting all the reports of excellent picture to mean it is sharper and clearer than a nice tv. A headset is not a tv. There are a million kind of artifacts and side effects that are in the process of being tackled in vr. You just have to forget about it and enjoy playing "the future". This set does a good job dealing with some of them but there's a long way to go. And yeah, for vr this is up there.

I own 8 headsets dating back to the DK1 Kickstarter with many thousands of hours of VR playtime. PSVR2 absolutely has the smallest sweetspot of any headset I've used, and by far the fastest most pronounced drop off in clarity and CA fringing once deviated from. Particularly the vertical sweetspot seems to be sub-millimeter in size, an issue exasperated 100 fold by the terrible strap/mount design which is too loose to hold a vertical position against even minor head movement, and quite simply doesnt work at all for people whose eyes and frontal cranial bone ratio fall outside the very limited parameters they used for the molding (which evidently describes a lot of people). There were a lot of really bad design decisions and some really dumb tradeoffs made with this product.

I don't even think the mura grain layer or SDE everyone complains about is mura or SDE at all, I think its an optical layer or film they added in an attempt to mask SDE or mura, which winds up looking worse than both. The reason I say that is because the focal distance of the "mura/SDE" artifact appears to be different (much closer) than the display's focal distance.

Last edited:

D23

Pistolwhip is amazing!

I know, its not exclusive to psvr and is not a new game, but if you guys only getting to VR now and did not play it anywhere else, get is asap!

Phew, Im sweating like a pig in this one.
such a good workout game- especially legs workout

Beechos

Maybe demo is worse then?

But to me graphics didnt look that good, they lacked details and stuff like grass/leaves etc looked almost like low res 2D objects floating around on some parts.

I dont have the full game, but on this boat demo it did look ok, but nothing to think "wow!". Resolution/clarity is just way worse than on 4k OLED tv, that it sticks out when stuff doesnt look clear/detailed.

and stuff further away felt like it lacks detail even more. Maybe there is differences between full game and demo, and/or all this hype made expectations too high.

I mean, it looked cool, but is too jagged and low res to look nothing else than a game as in it breaks the immersion when stuff doesnt look clear enough.
Ughh i was hoping some of this stuff would be improved on with this "next gen" vr. So im guessing stuff still looks low res and graphics/assests still look like they from the ps1/ps2 era.
Saw someone on another forum have this issue, and it turns out the cable can become disconnected where it connects to the headset itself. I haven't had to mess around with it, but apparently if you move the eyepiece out, you can reseat the connection.

j2wIU2d.jpg

Have you tried that?
Yep thats the 1st thing i found and tried to do when none of the reg troubleshotting worked

Minsc

Gold Member
I own 8 headsets dating back to the DK1 Kickstarter with many thousands of hours of VR playtime. PSVR2 absolutely has the smallest sweetspot of any headset I've used, and by far the fastest most pronounced drop off in clarity and CA fringing once deviated from. Particularly the vertical sweetspot seems to be sub-millimeter in size, an issue exasperated 100 fold by the terrible strap/mount design which is too loose to hold a vertical position against even minor head movement, and quite simply doesnt work at all for people whose eyes and frontal cranial bone ratio fall outside the very limited parameters they used for the molding (which evidently describes a lot of people).

I've never used VR before, and my headset was setup and fine tuned well enough for me to enjoy everything without any issues. The device didn't move a millimeter from where I set it up, that dial to tighten it was unable to go another click how I had it. And it wasn't uncomfortable for me until the end, which it did leave quite the impression on my forehead when I removed it.

I had this expectation that luckily vanished from reading impressions that it would be as clear as 4k on my HDTV, but once I started reading all the terrible impressions the blurring around the edges and sharper center area and less than perfect white text on black etc all was easier to accept, but launching in to Horizon was incredible, all the flaws pretty much vanished, hard to believe how much more immersive it was, better than pretty much any experience I've had at Disney etc.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I am a complete newcomer to VR and will be getting my PSVR2 sometime today. I must admit that I am just as much nervous about it as I am excited.

For one, I am now reading about issues with the headset from annoyances with red/blue fringing on the OLED screens to issues with the Sense controller, which kind of make me wish I'd held off buying one now. Secondly, my eye sight isn't the best as I have a 'lazy' left eye so I am wondering just how effective the whole VR thing will be and how eye tracking will work (or even if it does). I guess I will find out later on today...

Assuming the experience is postive (let's be optimistic!) then I am looking forward to trying out the pack in game, Horizon: Call of the Mountain, and also the updated Gran Turismo 7 and Resident Evil Village. I also have a couple of PSVR2 demos queued up to try and may buy that mouse game (Moss?) too as that looks really interesting.

Let us know how you feel about it either way.

mckmas8808

Sure. On that moment, I was at first amazed that I had Allow talking to me, like a person just right to me, but then yeah, she is smaaall.

To me she looks like she's 5 feet even. Short girl. The guy felt more like he was 5 feet 8 inches tall.

Ar¢tos

I own 8 headsets dating back to the DK1 Kickstarter with many thousands of hours of VR playtime. PSVR2 absolutely has the smallest sweetspot of any headset I've used, and by far the fastest most pronounced drop off in clarity and CA fringing once deviated from. Particularly the vertical sweetspot seems to be sub-millimeter in size, an issue exasperated 100 fold by the terrible strap/mount design which is too loose to hold a vertical position against even minor head movement, and quite simply doesnt work at all for people whose eyes and frontal cranial bone ratio fall outside the very limited parameters they used for the molding (which evidently describes a lot of people).

There were a lot of really bad design decisions and some really dumb tradeoffs made with this product. I don't even think the mura grain layer or SDE everyone complains about is mura or SDE at all, I think its an optical layer or film they added in an attempt to mask SDE or mura, which winds up looking worse than both. The reason I say that is because the focal distance of the "mura/SDE" artifact appears to be different (much closer) than the display's focal distance.
Maybe the vertical movement of the headset is because of the user's hair?

mckmas8808

Yeah that’s what it is. I think it makes it difficult to play games that require quick glances at your periphery like GT7.

Yeahhhh I’m never trusting the hype again. I remember PSVR1 some tech YouTuber said Rez moved him to tears. So many people want to put a headset on and experience some techno rapture of the nerds. Definitely helps to keep your expectations in check

You may call it hype, but some games in VR can do that. I felt that same way when I played Thumper and REZ in PSVR. It's like an out-of-body experience. I played both of those games for over an hour at a time and came out feeling like I was in another world.

Find that right VR game for you and those feelings can happen.

Still, it is literally hard to look at when it floods out a white screen, it is so damn bright. I squinted way more for the calibration than I ever have for my QLED TV at near-max brightness.

So like Skyrim? An RPG would be amazing, like a 60 hour game with detailed environments and NPCs, monsters etc.
no, I want a JRPG, with a focused story that opens as you grow more powerful. FF4&6 for example.

MastAndo

I was reading a thread on another form with tips on getting the proper fit, and the poster mentioned this;

"Make sure you have no hair between the forehead pad and your skin as that will make it slide during gameplay. You want pad on skin only."

Now, I'm in my early 40's and my disaster of a hairline is making it's way towards the back of my neck - but if I wish to see any sort of clear image out of this thing, the top of the forehead pad most definitely rests on my hair. Am I doing something wrong, or maybe this guy just meant if you have bangs or long hair, to pin it back?

Haint

Maybe the vertical movement of the headset is because of the user's hair?

Reduced clamp friction from hair is some part of it, but also how high or low you have to sit the front pad for your eyes to line up with the lenses. This obviously varies wildly depending on facial/skull symetry and size. Ultimately it's an inherently poor design that will work great for some people and terrible for many others, which is an awful choice for a one size fits all solution. There needs to be many more points of adjustment, like the Index strap for example.

Last edited:
Ughh i was hoping some of this stuff would be improved on with this "next gen" vr. So im guessing stuff still looks low res and graphics/assests still look like they from the ps1/ps2 era.

Yep thats the 1st thing i found and tried to do when none of the reg troubleshotting worked
I mean, does Call of the Mountain look like a PS1 game to you?

Some weird ass comments in this thread.

AddiF

Update 2: returned my VR2 for a replacement this morning. Arrived before the store opened and outside was another guy who told me he had the exact same defect.

- severe double vision
- power cord not fully connected in headset, unable to turn on
- right lens/screen misaligned, sitting higher and tilted outwards on bottom, most likely the cause for severe double vision
- rotary wheel very stiff, right lens/screen seems stuck or shifted
- soft rubber loose

Mine also had a broken bezel/frame below right lens.

WOW!!! The image is becoming clearer and clearer each time I put on the headset! The litmus test for me are the hands in RE8. When I tried the game first, they were blurry as hell, I didn't have a clue what people were talking about the hands being "Crystal Clear". There are so many theories and suggestions flying around about why there is such a difference in clarity between different people, from dirty lenses to "get your eyes tested!".

Here's my theory... I have pretty much perfect vision, have never needed glasses and I can normally read text IRL at a distance and up close, but the last couple of years, I have spent soooo much time in front of a screen and I feel that my long-distance vision has degraded somewhat. I put this down to aging, but having spent time in VR2 these past few days, I don't actually believe that to be the case anymore. Whether it be my mobile phone, laptop, tablet or small handheld gaming device , 90% of my time is spent in front of a small display for long hours. I have large TVs but I haven't been using them at all since 2020, barely played anything on PS5... mostly PC gaming and using small handhelds like Odin Pro, Steam Deck, Analogue Pocket etc. Somehow, my eyes have just gotten very used to focusing on small screens at a distance of about 1ft to 3ft away. I read that VR is tuned to focus at a distance of 6ft so what is essentially happening (I believe) is that time spent in VR now is retraining my eyes to focus at a further distance and resulting in a clearer picture for me inside the HMD. I read in the past that you shouldn't stay focused on a small display for periods longer than 1 hour without taking a break and you should try focusing on things at varying distance. I didn't heed this advice whatsoever and this has resulted in my eyes having "lazy focus".

I'm still not there yet. I think it's going to take another couple of weeks but I caught my first brief glimpse of crystal clear hands in RE8 a few minutes ago and it was glorious. Also, maybe I'm completely barking up the wrong tree and my eyesight is fucked in some way or another or maybe I do actually need glasses, I'm not too sure yet. I will give it some more time and see if it keeps improving. I think whatever is happening, it feels like an overall net benefit for my eyesight - at least I hope so. Looking a computer screen is less clear at the moment than I'm used to. Text on my MBA retina display has noticeably more blooming than normal, but my eyes feel more "fresh" and "alive" (for lack of better terms), like somehow I'm turning back time on degradation of my vision. Anyway, just thought I'd share my experience thus far. PSVR2 ROCKS!

XXL

Iz there a way to expand out the size of your play area for sitting mode? I keep reaching out the area when playing
There is an option regarding play area sensitivity or something like that in the settings/accessories/PSVR 2.

What also works is, set it to standing, edit the layout to be larger (going through furniture) and just sit down and hold options to recalibrate. I'm not sure if this works for every game, but it works when tried it with Horizon

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
PSVR2 is asking to turn on TV every time.

I did the setup, played many games yesterday and today, but when I turn the PS5 and PSVR2 it asks me to take it off and turn on the TV screen. After I do that it lets me proceed and I can turn off the TV.

Here is a picture of the issue.

xFxkDZg.jpg
This is so incredibly annoying, especially since my TV the console is hooked up to is in a different room than my VR play space. I thought I might be doing something wrong but no. Makes no sense and I really hope they address this.

Sounds like a nice idea but it’s not for Sony. They know with pc support the set will sell gangbusters. Problem is that the set is such a low price vs other sets because they calculate profits from selling games instead of the headset. So if they’ll sell it with pc support for the same price Sony will only lose money on it because the games you’ll buy for it are not Sony games and they’re not from a Sony store.

Crayon

I own 8 headsets dating back to the DK1 Kickstarter with many thousands of hours of VR playtime. PSVR2 absolutely has the smallest sweetspot of any headset I've used, and by far the fastest most pronounced drop off in clarity and CA fringing once deviated from. Particularly the vertical sweetspot seems to be sub-millimeter in size, an issue exasperated 100 fold by the terrible strap/mount design which is too loose to hold a vertical position against even minor head movement, and quite simply doesnt work at all for people whose eyes and frontal cranial bone ratio fall outside the very limited parameters they used for the molding (which evidently describes a lot of people). There were a lot of really bad design decisions and some really dumb tradeoffs made with this product.

I don't even think the mura grain layer or SDE everyone complains about is mura or SDE at all, I think its an optical layer or film they added in an attempt to mask SDE or mura, which winds up looking worse than both. The reason I say that is because the focal distance of the "mura/SDE" artifact appears to be different (much closer) than the display's focal distance.

Interesting theory about a coating to mask artifacts. That would make sense to me as I always thought the first one's "screen door effect" looked different from vive because it was that grain pattern more than a grid. And yeah it does seem like it could be closer when you focus on it. That is interesting. I always preferred that to the grid look on the vive but never understood the difference in kind.

The spot is smaller but I am used to the psvr1 and when I fussed with it a lot trying to get the band on right. There are a couple positions you can wear these in and still get the scope lined up, but some stay put better than others. As far as getting it on the head with sub-millimeter accuracy... Idk bout that. I don't think any of us would ever be able to get it lined up much less playing a game for 1 minute if it was so narroe a range. The band is not good for craning your head up like must be done constantly in horizon (bad showcase, in that way) and it slips forward. But then I just reach back and push the back of the band down and I'm good.

Forsete

Finally got the time to play some more Gran Turismo (almost 400 km today).

For me its easier to drive the cars in VR.
Placement of the car, grip of the car, distance to everything. The sense of speed is also realistic so I am better able to judge how the car will perform when braking into a turn.

Driving the Subaru BRZ GT300 in the Sardegna WTC 800 (15 laps) was a mix of fear and joy in the beginning, but once I got used to that car in VR it was pure joy.
I noticed the game does not tell you when you are about to run out of fuel (in VR), so remember to check your fuel gauge every now and then. :messenger_winking:

Also the Subaru WRX Isle of Man car has no side view mirrors I noticed, and no video feed from the rear, so racing the 24h Circuit de la Sarthe (30 min race) was a bit bumpy for a while.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Can a GT7 Veteran help me out?

If I just want to play a convertible car on the new track that was released....can I do that somewhere? All I see is career mode but you cant select individual tracks

Raonak

Banned
It's important to remember that TV clarity is always gonna look way better than VR clarity. Just a natural consequence of having a light screen in front of your eyes.

I find the graininess noticible when I put on the headset. But after a minute of playing. My brain completely forgets about it.

In a weird way, the more PSVR2 I play, the better it looks.

MastAndo

Can a GT7 Veteran help me out?

If I just want to play a convertible car on the new track that was released....can I do that somewhere? All I see is career mode but you cant select individual tracks
Do you have any world circuit tracks unlocked? Once you select one of those, you can do a Time Trial or Arcade Mode where you can race any car you want on that track.

If I recall correctly, only a few are available in the beginning. The others have to be unlocked by playing through the campaign (menu books).

Last edited:

Crayon

I really want to pop in nms to see what the issue is. Someone mentioned the updates is blurry on pc, too so they were presumable able to take render resolution out of the equation. That means it could be their anti aliasing or something. Yeah I didn't take a day off to explore technical nitpicks I did to play games lol.

I think it's time to try something other than horizon. I only had the evenings the last two days so I just stuck with that game. I think it's alright but hey life is short and there is some more exciting stuff waiting.

What's your routine for starting out a VR session with it? Do you need to redo any tests or calibration? The eye tracking? I've still only had one, but it will be nice having the process down to under 30 seconds instead of the longer learning curve on day 1.

I just put it on with two hands, stretching the band open. Then a few preliminary clicks of the dial. Then bring int he scope and into postion, then a few more dial clicks and earbuds in. I only go to the alignment helper screen if i start fucking with the ipd dial. Which I should probably not do because i don't think the distance between my eyes is changing anytime soon lol.

It's nothing like a good tv. But it's better than my cheap "hdr" tv. It looks fucking awesome.

What you are asking is not ridiculous at all. Skyrim did it. It was a pretty slapdash implementation and it still kicked as. It's still videogames. Fun game is more important that technical stuff.

I sadly have to say bye to skyrim vr till I get something for pc.

I took a look at the mmo zenith to see if it was good to solo and found that it wasn't meant for that but you can have fun. That's based on a few youtube impressions I found.

I've never used VR before, and my headset was setup and fine tuned well enough for me to enjoy everything without any issues. The device didn't move a millimeter from where I set it up, that dial to tighten it was unable to go another click how I had it. And it wasn't uncomfortable for me until the end, which it did leave quite the impression on my forehead when I removed it.

I had this expectation that luckily vanished from reading impressions that it would be as clear as 4k on my HDTV, but once I started reading all the terrible impressions the blurring around the edges and sharper center area and less than perfect white text on black etc all was easier to accept, but launching in to Horizon was incredible, all the flaws pretty much vanished, hard to believe how much more immersive it was, better than pretty much any experience I've had at Disney etc.

There is a thing here where this is going to be the biggest influx in new vr users for a minute and people who are familiar are taking for granted what vr looks like. Thinking from the perspective of someone who's never tried, hearing seasoned reviewers gush about the quality, but the only thing you have to compare it to is a tv.... yep.

I was reading a thread on another form with tips on getting the proper fit, and the poster mentioned this;

"Make sure you have no hair between the forehead pad and your skin as that will make it slide during gameplay. You want pad on skin only."

Now, I'm in my early 40's and my disaster of a hairline is making it's way towards the back of my neck - but if I wish to see any sort of clear image out of this thing, the top of the forehead pad most definitely rests on my hair. Am I doing something wrong, or maybe this guy just meant if you have bangs or long hair, to pin it back?

Sounds like you might have it too high, actually. For instance, I can put it on high and still get the thing dialed in but it doesn't sit that well. And that high would be further up onto my hair. The best fit is significantly lower and is definitely more on my skin than hair.

- severe double vision
- power cord not fully connected in headset, unable to turn on
- right lens/screen misaligned, sitting higher and tilted outwards on bottom, most likely the cause for severe double vision
- rotary wheel very stiff, right lens/screen seems stuck or shifted
- soft rubber loose

Mine also had a broken bezel/frame below right lens.

Holy shit. Like it took a beating or something!? But I presume the box was not crunched or you would have mentioned it. What the fuck is going on with that?

Finally got the time to play some more Gran Turismo (almost 400 km today).

For me its easier to drive the cars in VR.
Placement of the car, grip of the car, distance to everything. The sense of speed is also realistic so I am better able to judge how the car will perform when braking into a turn.

Driving the Subaru BRZ GT300 in the Sardegna WTC 800 (15 laps) was a mix of fear and joy in the beginning, but once I got used to that car in VR it was pure joy.
I noticed the game does not tell you when you are about to run out of fuel (in VR), so remember to check your fuel gauge every now and then. :messenger_winking:

Also the Subaru WRX Isle of Man car has no side view mirrors I noticed, and no video feed from the rear, so racing the 24h Circuit de la Sarthe (30 min race) was a bit bumpy for a while.

Oh it's so much easier to drive in vr. I've heard a couple people say your times will go down at first and I'm like "how?". Maybe for the first few hours while you are distracted looking all over? Idk. The depth perception and being able to look into turns is night and day.

Top Bottom