• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Hawk269

Lean forward a little bit when setting the sitting play area and it will extend out more in front of you. You lose some area behind you, but it hasn't affected me much thus far.
That is not the issue, the issue is the left/right width is not big enough. Even my wife which is petite kept hitting the left right. I am a vet when it comes to VR and that trick to leaning forward and hitting the readjust is a good trick, but the real issue is the left/right width. On the Quest 2 and Quest 1 this was adjustable. You can draw both Sit down and Standup play space.

Oh I have one issue with the controllers… neither have vibration or rumble. Is this a known problem?
Hey, I noticed the same thing! And I definitely have never turned off vibration anywhere, I have it set to strong for my DS5. Are you still having this issue?

Also, the headset rumbles when I turn it on but I haven't felt any rumble in it since, as far as I can recall

Last edited:

Hawk269

Some impressions of Zenith which is a VR MMO.

I have this game on my Quest 2 and also play it using Link/Air Link from my PC and streamed wirelessly to the Quest 2. Overall the PSVR2 version is a substantial improvement over the Native Quest 2 version. However, if you have just a decent PC that version is better. Main issue is that when rotating left/right it is just not as smooth as the PC Quest 2 version. Perhaps they will improve overall performance of the PSVR2 version. With that said, they did a good job. It is really close visually to the PC version of the game....it clearly beats out the Quest 2 native version.

The game it self is a lot of fun. If you have at least some interest in a VR MMO this is a pretty good one.

Crayon

I have this game on my Quest 2 and also play it using Link/Air Link from my PC and streamed wirelessly to the Quest 2. Overall the PSVR2 version is a substantial improvement over the Native Quest 2 version. However, if you have just a decent PC that version is better. Main issue is that when rotating left/right it is just not as smooth as the PC Quest 2 version. Perhaps they will improve overall performance of the PSVR2 version. With that said, they did a good job. It is really close visually to the PC version of the game....it clearly beats out the Quest 2 native version.

The game it self is a lot of fun. If you have at least some interest in a VR MMO this is a pretty good one.

Can you tell me a little about how it is solo?

And I think the camera panning looking like a performance issue might be the reprojection. Horizon has a lot of it and it plays all kinds of tricks. The game can look like it's going 30fps for an instant if it hits just right.

Mahavastu

Yea they don't let you get the 'cheap upgrade' if you have the PS+ version. Same goes for Tetris. You can download the PS4 versions with PSVR support but they aren't the new ones and I'm not sure if they support the PSVR2.
Thats strange... Seems there is a difference between PS+ and the free edition from 2 years ago.
I just checked, and I can upgrade for 10€ :pie_smfaceyes:

Guys, how scary is Resident Evil Village in VR? I haven't played any of the games but I played the demo which was cool.

Are there lots of super dark corridors and rooms where enemies surprise you with jump scares and stuff? Coming from behind or suddenly leaping out of doors, closets and such?

I never feel like this in real life but during the demo I actually felt afraid of the dark and it wasn't very pleasant. Being outside when it was light was fine though!

Also, is this the kind or game where you're always extremely low on ammo and need to make every single bullet count because you never know when you're gonna find some more?

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Wtf am I doing wrong at this scrapper fight in horizon?

Three of them at once, massive health, using my arrow types, but it’s just a complete cluster fuck

Last edited:

Hawk269

Can you tell me a little about how it is solo?

And I think the camera panning looking like a performance issue might be the reprojection. Horizon has a lot of it and it plays all kinds of tricks. The game can look like it's going 30fps for an instant if it hits just right.
I think I hit level 30 or so playing strictly Solo. There were times where I grouped randomly for some of the dungeons, but mostly I played solo. It has a lot of good MMO stuff in it, cooking is really neat. Just a nice game. They just introduced another Character class that I have not had time to mess with yet. I do wonder if that panning choppynes is reprojection....really dislike that, so I alliviated it by not panning left and right too quickly.

SRTtoZ

Guys, how scary is Resident Evil Village in VR? I haven't played any of the games but I played the demo which was cool.

Are there lots of super dark corridors and rooms where enemies surprise you with jump scares and stuff? Coming from behind or suddenly leaping out of doors, closets and such?

I never feel like this in real life but during the demo I actually felt afraid of the dark and it wasn't very pleasant. Being outside when it was light was fine though!

Also, is this the kind or game where you're always extremely low on ammo and need to make every single bullet count because you never know when you're gonna find some more?
Its scary AF. This is coming from someone who 100%'d RE7 on both PS5 and Series X. I had to NOPE out of the Village demo last night in VR. It's scary but it's not cheap scary. They don't just toss jump scares in for fun like say the Dark Picture games. Ammo isn't really an issue especially if you play on easier difficulties. Beating the game gives you different free upgrades for your next playthrough and one of those items is infinite ammo. I believe you get that from beating it either on a harder mode or in a certain time limit. The RE games have a ton of replayability btw.

Hawk269

I played the Resident Evil demo for a brief time, why are the hands so f'n small. It just seems really strange. Also played the Star Wars game and really liked it, but was playing sitting and it seems like I was too low...so I adjusted it and it still seemed that i am too low. Like in the cantina where you start out, my line of site is barely at the height of the bar counter, which is too low even with changing the height to the highest it will go. I may try that trick where I stand partially and do the view reset to make this work. It worked great when playing PokerStars VR on the Quest 2.

Its scary AF. This is coming from someone who 100%'d RE7 on both PS5 and Series X. I had to NOPE out of the Village demo last night in VR. It's scary but it's not cheap scary. They don't just toss jump scares in for fun like say the Dark Picture games. Ammo isn't really an issue especially if you play on easier difficulties. Beating the game gives you different free upgrades for your next playthrough and one of those items is infinite ammo. I believe you get that from beating it either on a harder mode or in a certain time limit. The RE games have a ton of replayability btw.
Hmm ok! I finished the demo and it felt fine, except for walking in the super dark corridors which mademe pretty anxious that something was gonna creep up on me from behind.

Crayon

Literally moving as fast as I can to only get a few minor hits in one that doesn’t do shit

Trying to heal in this scenario is insane

Okay let me see what I can remember. There are basically three attacks coming. A series of slow moving shots, a sweeping laser that you have to duck, and a big lunging swipe that you have to dodge.

Continue circling towards whatever angle makes it easiest to keep an eye on all three. The key I would say is to be ready to either dodge or duck at any time. If you are already moving, you might avoid the slow shots but you might have to dodge them. Then just be ready to dodge the lunge and duck the laser.

Shoot the bulky unit on the chest to get the armor off. It's blue underneath. Shoot that. Use your eyes and look right at it. I think the blue arrows that are on the table might be good for that. If you can't shoot that, shoot the boxy thing on their rump.

That's all I can remember about how I did it. Now set forth and conquer.

Last edited:

SRTtoZ

I played the Resident Evil demo for a brief time, why are the hands so f'n small. It just seems really strange. Also played the Star Wars game and really liked it, but was playing sitting and it seems like I was too low...so I adjusted it and it still seemed that i am too low. Like in the cantina where you start out, my line of site is barely at the height of the bar counter, which is too low even with changing the height to the highest it will go. I may try that trick where I stand partially and do the view reset to make this work. It worked great when playing PokerStars VR on the Quest 2.
lmao I noticed that too. It's just a scale thing. Maybe Ethan is a small feller.

MastAndo

Pretty crazy how this thing seems clearer and clearer from one session to the next, once you learn how it should look and how to fix it. It's getting easier and easier to pinpoint when something is off. The clarity of text is a much more reliable indicator as to whether you're in the sweet spot or not. If you test each lens by closing an eye for example, and one doesn't look as clear as the other, your headset has probably tilted on you. Two second fix in IPD settings and just tighten into position. Double-tapping the PS button to get to quick settings is clutch for on the fly adjustments.

Now to figure out which game to buy, as I've just been playing Horizon and GT7 (and the free demos) to this point. Heavily leaning toward the Moss bundle.

Last edited:

Crayon

I think I hit level 30 or so playing strictly Solo. There were times where I grouped randomly for some of the dungeons, but mostly I played solo. It has a lot of good MMO stuff in it, cooking is really neat. Just a nice game. They just introduced another Character class that I have not had time to mess with yet. I do wonder if that panning choppynes is reprojection....really dislike that, so I alliviated it by not panning left and right too quickly.

So, I don't really play mmos and I was hoping it could be a stand-in for a self paced open world rpg like skyrim. (NMS would be that but I think I'll wait a minute for them to patch that because the iq is sad.) I don't need to finish a game or anything Just want to explore and has stuff to do.

Are people chatty on there or does everyone run around ignoring you? Like how to you group with people? Do you talk to each other and party up or do you wait outside of a dungeon to join groups? I don't think I've ever played an mmo.

Crayon

Pretty crazy how this thing seems clearer and clearer from one session to the next, once you learn how it should look and how to fix it. It's getting easier and easier to pinpoint when something is off. If you test each lens by closing an eye for example, and one doesn't look as clear as the other, your headset has probably tilted on you. Two second fix in IPD settings and just tighten into position. Double-tapping the PS button to get to quick settings is clutch for on the fly adjustments.

Now to figure out which game to buy, as I've just been playing Horizon and GT7 (and the free demos) to this point. Heavily leaning toward the Moss bundle.

See, the people who reviewed it had a week to figure it out. We've only had this 2 days. A new set takes a bit to get used to wearing. This one is a little more finicky that usual with the position but it's really not hard. I got really good and wiggling the psvr1 into place. This one has the ipd dial tho. I've learned to use the oncreen guide and stop fucking with it. If I try to fine tune it by sight, I can't see anything happen till it strains my eyes from going too wide. It was just a new thing that I wanted to play around with but I'll respect the dial now lol. The dial is not a toy.

EekTheKat

Quickie - PSVR2 charger dock.

Comes with two USB-C plugs to magnetic connector to connect to the base station. The two plugs are meant for your VR controllers, basically converting the USB-C port to magnetic connectors to dock with the docking station for charging.

Uses a traditional mini AC adapter setup. AC adapter allows power cable to be swapped and can be removed/swapped if you lose it.

Will give it a run after the controllers run out of power to see how fast or slow it charges.

Last edited:

Crayon

That charger is neat but I have nowhere to put that.

Shit I can't get over how great these controllers are. When you cup your pistol in pavlov the way they can overlap is so natural feeling. I've never used knuckles but I like how these don't feel like you're holding a wand with anything protruding from the hand too much.

EekTheKat

Heh yeah I just noticed what you're supposed to do every time you put on the headset - the quick calibration utility literally tells you what your sweet spot looks like as the headset sees it and helps a ton in getting everything right. It literally gives you an okay chime when it looks good. That's a pretty sweet perk of eye tracking.

My muscle memory is basically just put it on and go - from using previous headsets. Never occured to me that I should run a quick calibration to see if I got it on right.

Combine that with this being a really comfy headset it's way easier to play for longer sessions.

Last edited:

Crayon

Heh yeah I just noticed what you're supposed to do every time you put on the headset - the quick calibration utility literally tells you what your sweet spot looks like as the headset sees it and helps a ton in getting everything right. It literally gives you an okay chime when it looks good. That's a pretty sweet perk of eye tracking.

My muscle memory is basically just put it on and go - from using previous headsets. Never occured to me that I should run a quick calibration to see if I got it on right.

Combine that with this being a really comfy headset it's way easier to play for longer sessions.

You won't even have to use that. When you start it up and it's in pass through mode, there's the text box floating in the middle. Later on just try using that to line it up.

Romulus

I had to use my Quest 2 because I forgot my username for Zenith. What I noticed is that the comfort of the PSVR2 is better. However, while the resolution is better on the PSVR2 clarity seems better on the Quest 2. One of the big, I mean MASSIVE big things is that the Quest 2 UI is just amazing compared to Sony using flat screen. They really need to make a nice VR Dashboard for PSVR2 users. It is such a massive improvement in the Quest 2. I also noticed just messing with my Quest 2 is that the Sweet Spot is so much wider on the Quest 2. On the PSVR2 while I have not had major issues, it does take a bit more to line it it.

Only real issues I am having other than the boundary for Sit Down is that I am getting a stuffy nose and runny nose when using the PSVR2. It seems to be putting a lot of preesure on my sinus and causing the stuff/runny nose. I am going to make some adjustments tonight/tomorrow to see if I can make this better.

I did play the Star Wars demo and WOW that game is really nice. Going to wait on a sale and buy this.

So for me the biggest issues in order are:

#1) The Boundary when playing sit down is not allowed to be adjusted. This has caused major issues with many games.

#2) The lack of VR UI. Really is a shame they could not do something here. I am hoping that Sony is working on giving us a UI/Dashboard that is for VR.

#3) Need to make some adjustments so it does not put as much preesure on my sinus.

Yeah while psvr2 is incredible and can bring the big budget games like nothing else, quest 2 really punches above it's weight in a lot of unexpected ways like you mentioned.

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

Only real issues I am having other than the boundary for Sit Down is that I am getting a stuffy nose and runny nose when using the PSVR2. It seems to be putting a lot of preesure on my sinus and causing the stuff/runny nose. I am going to make some adjustments tonight/tomorrow to see if I can make this better.

#3) Need to make some adjustments so it does not put as much preesure on my sinus.
I'm getting this as well it's abit mental

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Okay let me see what I can remember. There are basically three attacks coming. A series of slow moving shots, a sweeping laser that you have to duck, and a big lunging swipe that you have to dodge.

Continue circling towards whatever angle makes it easiest to keep an eye on all three. The key I would say is to be ready to either dodge or duck at any time. If you are already moving, you might avoid the slow shots but you might have to dodge them. Then just be ready to dodge the lunge and duck the laser.

Shoot the bulky unit on the chest to get the armor off. It's blue underneath. Shoot that. Use your eyes and look right at it. I think the blue arrows that are on the table might be good for that. If you can't shoot that, shoot the boxy thing on their rump.

That's all I can remember about how I did it. Now set forth and conquer.

Finally got it

Man, VR is the opposite of lazy couch gaming loool

That fight was really damn awesome

D23

Woooooow having so much fun with this thing! Got zombieland on a whim and surprised at how fun that game is, especially if ur a fan of arcade shooter like time crisis/house of the dead

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
The first reviewers not mentioning how blurry it is is a fucking fail. It might be amazing quality if you been looking at Vaseline smothered SD Crt screens for the last decade, but coming from glorious 4k LCD screens it is shit.

Last time I trust anyone that gets early review hardware. How the fuck do you not mention the Vaseline-o-vision?

Rant off my chest, but the sense of immersion is unmatched... Just wish they would match the image quality of 2d hardware.

The first reviewers not mentioning how blurry it is is a fucking fail. It might be amazing quality if you been looking at Vaseline smothered SD Crt screens for the last decade, but coming from glorious 4k LCD screens it is shit.

Last time I trust anyone that gets early review hardware. How the fuck do you not mention the Vaseline-o-vision?

Rant off my chest, but the sense of immersion is unmatched... Just wish they would match the image quality of 2d hardware.
Image is super sharp my man. You have to set it up right though, it’s easy to get it wrong and have this Vaseline-o-vision. Jiggle and juggle with it until you get it right and the display will be sharp as day.

Crayon

Finally got it

Man, VR is the opposite of lazy couch gaming loool

That fight was really damn awesome

Hell yeah!

The game should really have more of the combat. The climbing isn't exactly relaxing either but at least the combat is more interesting. I've only been able to use the bow tho. idk if it's just the bow and a few arrow types through the whole game.

Darko

Image is super sharp my man. You have to set it up right though, it’s easy to get it wrong and have this Vaseline-o-vision. Jiggle and juggle with it until you get it right and the display will be sharp as day.
I wouldn’t go that far.. it’s still a bit blurry in the sweet spot

oh man I should’ve bought that .. I didn’t know we had an mmo already

drezz

Quick tip:

I've been having issues with my sense controllers not giving vibration or any haptic feedback. Well, I deleted them a couple of times, turned off the PS5 and paired them again and now they're working just fine.
Happend too me as well.

Had put the PS5 in sleep mode many times(So I could recharge the controllers.. my dock is delayed until monday) and suddenly... at random I noticed I've not felt any feedback for a while.

Got to a checkpoint and just full restart with PS5 and both the haptic feedback and triggers resistance came back(This is after fumbeling in all 3 menu's about haptic feedback).

Yea phone support closed an hour ago, so I'll try tomorrow. I want to see if they will send me the left controller first, so I don't have to be without VR for a week. Even if they have to put a hold on my credit card.
they won't. They'll give you a shipping label and make you return it. Had to do it with my PS5 controller at launch. I was just lucky I had bought a second.

SilentUser

So poople i meed help

Demeo
Kayak vr
Or
Moss 1&2
If you have friends to play with, I would 100% recomend Demeo. What a freaking blast to play with friends, I absolutely love it. Kayak is mine chill experience.

But never played Moss, though! It is on my list for sure.

drezz

Pavlov is the real deal and I feel like a total moron playing it. Just end up looting guns instead of reloading because my tiny monkey brain can’t comprehend the motions of reloading some of these guns.

This makes me want Kilzone 2 remade into VR so bad
As long as we get that amazing player count!

Loved the chaos wth that many people running around.

Im still waiting for Pavlov too release in Norway, but it seems the PSVR2 version has only 5v5?
Not 12v12 like on PCVR?

Chaos with high playercount is what I crave in MP games.

Sometimes smaller fights with 5v5 is good, but seeing how Pavlov already is 12v12 on pc.. why not on PSVR2?

Brock2621

So, I’m a 40 year old man and it had me in twists. I hadn’t played villiage at all until I tried the demo and just being in the atmosphere and walking around had me closing my eyes and pushing forward. Don’t even get me started on the jump scares…

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

find the sweetspot

How do you all like the included earbuds?
Reviewers say they are decent but I find them extremely bad. Like the worst earbuds I've ever had.
Am I doing something wrong? I've tried all the fits that are included but none of them fit well. Maybe that's the reason?
I find the sound very tinny and sharp. No bass at all, not even a little bit.

For those that have the Quest 2, do you like them better than the build in audio form the Quest?

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I really wish I was less a of a grumpy asshole.
I can’t enjoy this. It’s very uncomfortable, slips off the back of my head and my eyesight it all bad. I am a bit shortsighted and it’s blurry. And glasses fit but the. Everything distorts due to astigmatism correction in glasses.
And the sweet spot is so small :(

It’s a shame because I can see the screen is great. I might return it still but idk

Edit: at least my father is very impressed. Playing horizon right now. He never gets tired of vr and always visits me when I get a new one. He finished whole alyx

Last edited:
Top Bottom