• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I got a bug I hadn't seen yet, the "boarding" button kept taking me to the parts screen while the "airport" and "plane magnifying glass" didn't work. This happened in all airports and I had to reset the app.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This arrangement is amazing for money. I went from 300 to 1700 in 20 minutes. I have another ~1500 coming in from Mexico flights with layovers. So awesome.

3f3b7be8b6ff11e1b00112313800c5e4_7.jpg

E: I've also started to rename planes based off of carrying capacity. It's a nice way to see what I have in my fleet and what I'm lacking.

dyreschlock

Just installed and joined #GafAir. Shame I can't participate in the Global Event as I started in Australia. Should I start over and choose a new starting location?

You can buy airports in any part of the world you want. They don't need to be connected to your current network of air travel.

Japan was my starting area. After building up some cash, I just bought airports for Calgary, Bismark, and Minneapolis. I hangered a couple of my planes, and relocated them to that side of the world to participate in the global event.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
E: I've also started to rename planes based off of carrying capacity. It's a nice way to see what I have in my fleet and what I'm lacking.
Great idea, I'm going to start doing this too. I just had to go to the logs menu to check my cargo/passenger ratio and having that info on the name of the flight is much better.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Some REALLY bizarre bugs in this game. It just opened Calgary airport for me for no reason. I closed it after I did ~100 deliveries and started focusing my airports. Just now, it opened again (without me paying for it of course).

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Do you get less exp by hurrying a plane to its destination for a Bux?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Yay, Dave's back. Few questions:

What's the benefit to upgrading/advertising airports?

How do you get new choices (planes and parts) in the market?

What's the point of the events, besides the Calgary one?

Bug report: If you're reading BitBook and you get a notification saying a plane landed up top, clicking on it won't take you anywhere (usually takes you to the plane).

Branson

Damnit, I always seem to get hooked on an iOS game every few months. Last game that hooked me like this was Grand Prix Story.

senador

Banned
Finally caught back up this thread! I'm having a lot of fun with this game. I'm at level 9 with 11 airports, and number 12 in our crew, closing in on top 10. Man we got slammed yesterday. I didn't help that @eeen retweeted Touch Arcade which had their crew name. ;) Speaking of, it's awesome to see Dave here and Ian soon. I threw $5 your way.

I'm sure I'll have some more critiques and personal suggestions later like I did for Tiny Tower, but for now my only problems are Game Center and too short of jobs. I need to build some bigger further away airports. Tokyo to Hawaii only took 4 hours though with slow planes? I appreciate that there's more to do and it's quicker paced than Tiny Tower, but I was also hoping there got to be some really long flights that I could leave all day or something in the late game. Oh well.

As for Game Center, is there a way to make it connect to GC less often? On full app restarts or every X time? It really slows the loading of the game, and at work where out Internet is spotty, the game will fail to load sometimes due to GC failing to connect.

Other than that, for now I think it's great a lot or fun. TT had lots of updates that changed the game quite a bit so I'm excited to see what's to some as I play this.

OH, it took me about 6 months to complete Tiny Tower. I wonder how long this game would take to get all airports, planes, and max level if there is one?

NimbleDave

Neo Member
Fuck this game...I went to take some flights and the game deleted my San Fran airport. What the hell man?

Is is faded out like you need to unlock it again, or is it just closed (red text)?

Also had you just unlocked it recently or have you had it for a long time? Does anything else in the game seem rolled back?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is is faded out like you need to unlock it again, or is it just closed (red text)?

It wants me to pay 22,675 coins to buy it. I just don't get it. Not trying to hate on you guys (since I'm still playing and have already sunk $5 into it), it's just really really odd that these things are happening.

NimbleDave

Neo Member
It wants me to pay 22,675 coins to buy it. I just don't get it. Not trying to hate on you guys (since I'm still playing and have already sunk $5 into it), it's just really really odd that these things are happening.

So it's like it thinks you never bought it? It's not "X is broken" and asking you money to fix it right.

We deserve some hate when there are serious bugs that waste peoples time, thats a pretty shitty thing to have happen. I would be furious.

We beta tested the game for over a month with 30+ people and never caught these bigger ones, maybe for the next time we should do what other games do and launch in some region like Canada first to work out things like this that inevitably come to light.

Dacvak

Have you messed around with your device clock? They said that'll happen if you do.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

dyreschlock

are you guys mostly playing on iPads or iPhones? I've been playing this game on my iPhone 4S and haven't come across any problems at all so far.

parasight

We beta tested the game for over a month with 30+ people and never caught these bigger ones, maybe for the next time we should do what other games do and launch in some region like Canada first to work out things like this that inevitably come to light.

Haha, we're like the official iOS beta testing region. I don't mind.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
That is a huge head scratcher, did you recently mess around in the airport menu for the city where closing it is an option? Had you bought it recently and then experienced a crash?

No, I actually had a few flights leaving there, went to lunch, opened it while waiting for food, and that's when I discovered the airport was closed entirely. I didn't have any more money as a result, it was simply just gone.

And oddly enough, I haven't had any real CRASHES with the game, just bugs such as the game deleting my save (not after a crash) and this airport issue.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Game keeps deleting my stats and those red routes that you've travelled before... getting scared of bigger random deletions now...

EDIT: It just randomly rolled back my game a few minutes. Had to re-build my plane again and everything.

NimbleDave

Neo Member
No, I actually had a few flights leaving there, went to lunch, opened it while waiting for food, and that's when I discovered the airport was closed entirely. I didn't have any more money as a result, it was simply just gone.

And oddly enough, I haven't had any real CRASHES with the game, just bugs such as the game deleting my save (not after a crash) and this airport issue.

Wow, usually we have some idea of what could be going wrong but we can't really think of how this could have been triggered. The only thing in the game that has the ability to disappear an airport is the "close airport" button. We will have to keep tabs on this and see if it happens again or if other people start seeing it.

NimbleDave

Neo Member
Game keeps deleting my stats and those red routes that you've travelled before... getting scared of bigger random deletions now...

What do you mean more specifically, like your gamecenter stats? And the red lines always disappear when the planes land, they aren't supposed to stick around.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wow, usually we have some idea of what could be going wrong but we can't really think of how this could have been triggered. The only thing in the game that has the ability to disappear an airport is the "close airport" button. We will have to keep tabs on this and see if it happens again or if other people start seeing it.

I'll follow up and see if it happens again. Thankfully, between the 3 cities I have left, I can make money relatively quickly and open a new airport again shortly.

Top Bottom