• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

I think they're trying to make a point here.

ZTdoN.png

Lies! ALL LIES!!!

NimbleDave

Neo Member
Game keeps deleting my stats and those red routes that you've travelled before... getting scared of bigger random deletions now...

EDIT: It just randomly rolled back my game a few minutes. Had to re-build my plane again and everything.

Is it crashing and then when you come back the progress is gone? Do you have iCloud turned off or on?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What do you mean more specifically, like your gamecenter stats? And the red lines always disappear when the planes land, they aren't supposed to stick around.
The stats in the menu. They just came back though, odd. But they were all definitely reset to zero. I exited back to the individual plane view and realized everything had been rolled back a few minutes because I no longer had my new plane which I built and swapped in. Re-built my plane, swapped it in and then checked my stats again and they were back.

And thanks for clarification on the second bit.

Is it crashing and then when you come back the progress is gone? Do you have iCloud turned off or on?
No crashes. Continuous play. iCloud not turned on.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Stop crying, it ends in 2 minutes :p
:lol

I actually had no idea how long these last, it's the first time I have to deal with the natural shenanigans. Glad I let the plane sitting in Calgary with the passengers then.

soqquatto

any chance for my save to come back? standard iphone 4 , never used cloud, play on only one device... shall I start over? what are the chances that will happen again?

NimbleDave

Neo Member
any chance for my save to come back? standard iphone 4 , never used cloud, play on only one device... shall I start over? what are the chances that will happen again?

Unfortunately it sounds like it's toast. Really sorry. If you want to try again on the current version of the game you can turn on iCloud to help the issue, or you can wait until the update we submitted last night to make it through approval if you want to start again which should stabilize the game even with iCloud turned off.

In either case if you want to send me your G: number in the settings screen of the game to dave@nimblebit.com I can compensate you with some bux and coins if you had any idea where you were at.

NimbleDave

Neo Member
NimbleDave are you going to add music in further patches?

I would like to, I even have a few tracks picked out already. The reason we left it out in the release is that most of the beta testers said they wouldn't want it.

*edit* I think we might have found where there is a potential edge case where you unlock a city but that info never makes it into your actual game save. Hopefully we can address it in the update after the one we submitted yesterday.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I would like to, I even have a few tracks picked out already. The reason we left it out in the release is that most of the beta testers said they wouldn't want it.
Crazy talk! PP can be very relaxing the way it is right now but I don't see why not have some tunes as long as it's possible to turn it off separately from the sound effects like it was in TT. This always got me pumped.

NimbleDave, are you aware of the ability to edit the game so a person can have unlimited money and bux? Is there anything set in place to stop people from exploiting that and using it to gain their crew an unfair advantage?

*edit* I think we might have found where there is a potential edge case where you unlock a city but that info never makes it into your actual game save. Hopefully we can address it in the update after the one we submitted yesterday.

:-(

Love the Tiny Tower music and wish there was music here (with an option to turn it on/off in settings).

NimbleDave

Neo Member
NimbleDave, are you aware of the ability to edit the game so a person can have unlimited money and bux? Is there anything set in place to stop people from exploiting that and using it to gain their crew an unfair advantage?

Yes. I posted about it a page or two back but we have some sleeper code in the game to detect it, it's just not enabled right now because we are not 100% sure yet it will catch cheaters and cheaters only.

Yes. I posted about it a page or two back but we have some sleeper code in the game to detect it, it's just not enabled right now because we are not 100% sure yet it will catch cheaters and cheaters only.

Yeah just went back a couple pages and found where you mentioned it. I'm hoping no one is using that for the crew challenge. :-\

NimbleDave

Neo Member
Yeah just went back a couple pages and found where you mentioned it. I'm hoping no one is using that for the crew challenge. :-\

Even with unlimited bux you can only speed up your production to a certain value. It's not like you could inject 9999999 jobs to the event. The group at number 1 right now has 3x as many users as the next group. We can also look at how many jobs everyone has delivered and there is no big outlier of one person who has contributed a ton more jobs than anyone else.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Holy shit I just bought New York. The amount of jobs :')

Don't like the airport limit though, don't know what I'm gonna do with all the money in between levels.

Flunkie

Banned
Holy shit I just bought New York. The amount of jobs :')

Don't like the airport limit though, don't know what I'm gonna do with all the money in between levels.

This is a non-issue for me. Mostly because I never have an excess of money to spend.

HBP

How do you get the option for better planes? I can only buy ones that go up to 1000 miles or so but I have bucks is it just a matter of leveling up?

Bigfoot

Joined GAFAIR but I started in Australia so I'm pretty useless right now... oh well.

How does the prizes work? Does everybody in GAFAIR get the prize, or is it divided equally between all members, or does it only go to those who helped with the challenge?

Evlar

Banned
Joined GAFAIR but I started in Australia so I'm pretty useless right now... oh well.

How does the prizes work? Does everybody in GAFAIR get the prize, or is it divided equally between all members, or does it only go to those who helped with the challenge?

You have to contribute a certain minimum to the challenge- 24 deliveries, I think.

Flunkie

Banned
How do you get the option for better planes? I can only buy ones that go up to 1000 miles or so but I have bucks is it just a matter of leveling up?

Pretty sure leveling up. I'm in dire need of a level 2 plane now that I've just bought my first blue city (San Fran, in addition to Detroit which I started with).

I second this. How do you do it, whats the advantage? If I cant reach a destination profitably, I just wait 5 mins for the jobs to refresh.. why owuld I do layovers?

This has been explained a few times if you read the last three/four pages. Should probably get an explanation in the OP!

I might be able to get some challenge done tomorrow. Thinking about hopping over the Atlantic to New York via Iceland and if I can manage that tonight, I should be able to get as far as Calgary from there, if there's enough time left.

Ok, another silly question: what does weight affect on the aircraft? I see you can upgrade the air frame to be lighter, but I have no idea what it does.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
2acfd1e2b71b11e1a39b1231381b7ba1_7.jpg

Let's use my current setup as an example!

Let's say I have 4 passengers in San Diego. 2 want to go to Mexico City, 2 want to go to Miami. Well, my plane won't reach Miami...BUT! It will reach Mexico City.

Let's also say I have 2 passengers in Miami that need to reach San Diego, but my plane won't reach it from Miami.

I can load my plane in San Diego with the 4 passengers and fly to Mexico City. In the mean time, I'll load the plane in Miami with the 2 wanting to hit San Diego.

Once the plane from San Diego arrives in Mexico City, I'll unload the passengers wanting to go to Miami and wait. After the plane from Miami arrives, I'll unload the passengers wanting to go to San Diego.

I can now put the passengers that wanted to go to Miami on the plane that just came there and get a layover bonus. The same goes for the ones wanting to go to San Diego.

While you may lose a little money in this example, you may also come out ahead. It just depends on the flights and the bonuses you build up.

The important things to note about layovers:

1) The passengers MUST unload from a plane at least once in their travels.

2a) The passengers CANNOT reload onto the same plane they arrived on and just head to their destination. They MUST make a plane switch.

2b) The passengers CAN, however, load onto the same plane IF it makes another trip and comes BACK to the layover location. Example: Plane A drops off passengers in Mexico City. The plane goes to Phoenix and returns back to Mexico City later. It can now take the passengers to Miami. All of this occurs on Plane A (whereas the example uses a Plane A and a Plane B).

Hopefully that clears some of it up.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
What's New in Version 1.0.2

Thanks for flying with NimbleBit!

- Added tweet button to Flight Crew menu
- Fixed crash when returning to app while Game Center window was up
- Removed vibration from in-game drop-down alerts
- Fixed crash on resume
- Some spelling corrections
- Prevented clearing of achievements
- Fixed crash when plane lands while manifest is up