• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You can expand very easily for the cost of 1 bux. Decommission a plane, buy 2 airports near where you want to fly, recommision plane from hanger and new location.

I'm now contributing to gafair and taking over Japan.

PS - still pissed that everything is deleted and I'm restarting.

Forkball

Japan is pretty hard to start off in because most of the cities are huge, and thus expensive. I had to buy Vladivostok before I could get Tokyo.

Pastry

Banned
Just Calgary. Other people have spread out so we can get points for the next mission, whatever it is

Oh, finally got something from the Hilo mission. It gave me 2/1000 progress for Embassy Dinner event (I did 2 jobs). I think someone mentioned this earlier. 1000....shieeeett. Seriously?

I think that is like 1,000 passengers or 1,000 individual pieces of cargo. Some of the larger planes seem like they can hold a lot so it might not be that bad... later.

Just Calgary. Other people have spread out so we can get points for the next mission, whatever it is

Oh, finally got something from the Hilo mission. It gave me 2/1000 progress for Embassy Dinner event (I did 2 jobs). I think someone mentioned this earlier. 1000....shieeeett. Seriously?
I don't get what the other missions are for then. How do you know when you get something for them? I've been doing Warsaw deliveries for a while and haven't noticed anything.

Also, does everyone's 'Jobs By You' still say 'Rank Will Update Shortly?'

dream

Is it vcheaper to build a plane or buy one?

It's cheaper to build if you already have a part, in my experience. I found an engine somewhere and bought a body and controls for 3 bucks a piece, so I ended up with a plane for 6 bucks vs the 18 it would have cost me to buy it outright.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think that is like 1,000 passengers or 1,000 individual pieces of cargo. Some of the larger planes seem like they can hold a lot so it might not be that bad... later.

I'm guessing all non-global events contribute to the number. Still pretty crazy.

We're closing the gap on #1. Only 44 away, it was like 100 a hour or so ago

Building planes by parts is usually cheaper but it takes time to build the plane that way

Pastry

Banned
I like Pocket Planes way more than I liked Tiny Tower already.

Joined the crew. I started in the southwest U.S.

I should just expand and wait for events in the area?

Yeah that might make more sense than forcing your way to Calgary.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I like Pocket Planes way more than I liked Tiny Tower already.

Yeah that might make more sense than forcing your way to Calgary.

Calgary is not far from southwest US. I started there and got to Calgary pretty quickly

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm guessing the list is anonymous so people don't just join the winning crew and reap the rewards?

I'm just about to download the game, knowing nothing about it aside from the trailer (and having played Tiny Tower)... is there anything I should know going into it? I hate it when I play a new game and wind up fucking up or doing something that sets me back of the curve when I'm learning how to play it.

I'm guessing the list is anonymous so people don't just join the winning crew and reap the rewards?

pretty much.

Shame i can't join in on the fun, started on east coast =(

Anybody find a good rhythm for making the money? Is it gonna take a long ass while before you can do hr+ long flights?

Be careful if you buy costumes, if you accidently change a persons appearance you lose it and have to buy it again. No way to transfer it to a new plane either. Bah.

Also gifting someone a part does not gain you a bux, it takes away, despite the awful description.

Heel

When I level up it says I can get an airport. Does it mean a higher maximum amount of airports, or one for free? If it's the latter I'm not seeing how to cash in.

centracore

I was hesitant about getting this because Tiny Tower always seemed like more of chore than a game to me, but I'm pleasantly surprised with Pocket Planes so far - seems to be a bit more strategy to it. I joined #GAFAIR and started in eastern Canada so I'll work my way west to Calgary for the challenge!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I joined GAFAIR but I have no idea what I'm doing. Pointers?

fuck.

izMcQ67Ve5HoH.jpg

moneyhats!

Downloaded and have been playing for a few.

This is my first time playing this type of game and I'm enjoying it.

I'm in the #gafair club...making trips to Calgary as I type.

I'm understanding it little by little. I just hope Im contributing somehow lol.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'm just about to download the game, knowing nothing about it aside from the trailer (and having played Tiny Tower)... is there anything I should know going into it? I hate it when I play a new game and wind up fucking up or doing something that sets me back of the curve when I'm learning how to play it.

Aim to buy the fastest machine pieces for new planes first up; 2 seater/cargo planes are your ideal starting point because 1500coins per hour is better than 500coins per hour.

If you are running out of spaces for your fleet when you are buying better planes, consider decommissioning your smaller planes and selling the parts off instead of spending thousands on expanding your fleet space.

If there is a cheap town situated between two major cities it's best to grab an airport there first rather than saving up for the big cities.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
This seems a lot more hands-on than Tiny Towers was. I want to be able to stop playing, but have significant stuff happen while I'm sleeping and whatnot. But it seems like the only thing I'm doing is specifically orchestrating flights, which go by quickly.

Isn't there some way to make the planes just automatically fly from destination to destination, picking a passenger/cargo automatically? I'd like to make progress while I sleep, but I dont think that's happening.

Top Bottom