• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm just amazed at how cleverly designed this is.
Yeah, the more I'm geting used to the game the the more I'm liking it. Some nice touches too like the "info" button at the airports featuring real life trivia about the region.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Just grabbed 1 bux mid flight. Keep an eye out!

9kR5Q.png

dream

That's just great...iCloud support to ensure that I never stop playing this no matter where I am...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Happened to me too about 20 minutes ago. Pleasant surprise!

Gonna drive me nuts knowing my planes are flying with bux floating by!

Also, if I buy an airport in another country, how can I utilize it? I'm in Japan and want to buy an airport near England.

Fuu

Yeah the flying bux ruined me, I keep hoping it will pass by again. :lol

Also, just noticed you can eventually get a blimp. Can't wait.

I'm delivering so much pirate booty right now.

Does everyone else's 'jobs by you' under flight crew say 'rank will update shortly'? I wanna know how many jobs I've done!

Pandemic

I just purchased Perth for 11k, and it has a black dot, but it has an ''event'' for it. Do I get extra money for it or something...?

Row

Banned
started in montreal but am trying to expand west to cagary for the flight crew event, and the flight paths my little planes have to take are hilarious now that I'm at winnipeg

Pachael

Of course I just spent all my coins on 2 airports without considering things like range.

Tell me about it. Auckland is stranded as my planes are like three pixels out of range :(

Talking about which, is there a map somewhere that tells you how far the airports are from each other? Would be good to avoid this situation in future.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Me and 'Wutoz' are leading the #GAFAir crew, hehe. If we get a few people to farm some points we might be able to take #1

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
How come it's just your names? Who's at 23 points? And how are these points awarded?

I think they have to be on your gamecenter list or something? Not sure why stuff is anonymous. Points are for delivering stuff to the global mission

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It ends in 3 days? So basically, race over to Calgary right now for expanding cities, right?

The Calgary thing right now is to earn a prize for the #GAFAir crew. #1 prize is 100 bux (for everyone?). I don't think I ever received the prize for the first global mission...

Fuu

The crashing is a bit out of control, hopefully they'll release an update soon to fix it. I haven't lost any progress yet but it just crashed twice in a row on me because I was looking at a plane that was about to land. Looks like on top of crashing if you enter the game through notifications, it can also crash when it changes from air to airport and you're looking at the plane that's landing. So for now if you're < 1m of arriving somewhere its better to switch to a different plane/screen.

I just picked up two within five seconds of each other. I'm hooked. It's Tiny Tower all over again. D:
Same just happened to me, we're all screwed haha.

Pandemic

With nthe prizes, it says winner - 100 bux, top 10 - 50 bux. Is that per person in the group or... Divided between the group members...?

avcables

Banned
I burned all of my bux expediting the process to deliver to Calgary. But I've got 31 deliveries in for our team. Just completely out of everything I've saved up until this point, haha.

Do all of the events count towards gafair or just Calgary? If not, what's the point of Warsaw, etc?

My guess is that the contest is up when the main event(Calgary) is over, but all events count towards the total in the meantime.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Do all of the events count towards gafair or just Calgary? If not, what's the point of Warsaw, etc?

My guess is that the contest is up when the main event(Calgary) is over, but all events count towards the total in the meantime.

Just Calgary. Other people have spread out so we can get points for the next mission, whatever it is

Oh, finally got something from the Hilo mission. It gave me 2/1000 progress for Embassy Dinner event (I did 2 jobs). I think someone mentioned this earlier. 1000....shieeeett. Seriously?

avcables

Banned

This just depends on whether NimbleBit wanted to make sure everyone, regardless of where they started, would have a chance to contribute to the Global Event or not. It makes sense that it would work that way, however.

Regardless, I should rest. I'll get more Calgary point tomorrow.

Top Bottom