• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Point n Click Adventure GAF 2013 The pixel hunt continues.

TripleSun

I do not know who played Lost Chronicles of Zerzura from Cranberry Studios (Black Mirror 2/3, Matahari) but it seems they are done with adventure games, they have been refocused on online games.

Lost Chronicles of Zerzura was a very enjoyable game. I love the atmosphere, the characters and the puzzles, but yeah it seems they're done with Adventure games.. Really sad, really.

TripleSun

Telltale announce their new series for summer, based on the Fables series of comics.

The Wolf Among Us

Starring Bigby Wolf.

Also The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief, new game from KING Arts Game (people who did Unwritten Tales) has got a steam store page, listed release date June 20th.

Steam Store Page

June 20th?! I've been awaiting news on this game for quite some time, but since their blog post is very scarce for any relevant news, I was just going to wait. I'm so happy right now! Really been needing a new crime thriller PnC in my hands lately. :)

disap.ed

I already contacted them if it would be already possible to pledge with paypal, won't use Kickstarter anymore after the Susan Wilson shit they pulled (also cancelled my Divinity: Original Sin perk) but would really like to support this project.

Sorry if this has been posted before (i did search but didn't find): kickstarter for The Realm, new point and click adventure. Looks awesome and promising.

Daaaamn at that art! I really want to see more monster/human interaction games like Majin.

idTQPT4ZDReXT.gif

Kinda would have liked to see a bit more of the game, but it sounds promising. What a generic title, though, don't think it'll do them favours.

Tizoc

Bought Captain Morgaine off EU PSN for 8 Pounds, will try to start it after I finish...Tomb Raider & Deus Ex HR: Missing Link.

Oh and I got RE1DC, 2, CVX & 3 off US PSN~ Will start them after I finish Dino Crisis 1.

SOME-MIST

Not really, it has a great first scene but then it falls apart. At each following scene I was hoping for it to pick up from that promissong opening but it never did. After halfway point it becomes one of the worst things I have played.
I thought it was awesome until
you get super powers
but even after that.. I still enjoyed it.

Fjordson

Is Farenheit/Indigo Prophecy good? It's on sale over at gog.com
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/fahrenheit_indigo_prophecy#s_0
I think it's worth it at that price. Wouldn't be surprised if you don't finish, but the first few sections of the game are really cool and worth seeing.

Man, that game had so much promise. And I wasn't a huge fan of Heavy Rain so I feel QD has yet to deliver on that promise. Hopefully Beyond turns out well.

Is Farenheit/Indigo Prophecy good? It's on sale over at gog.com
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/fahrenheit_indigo_prophecy#s_0
Great game. Turns a bit crazy at the end, but still explains everything in its weirdness. A second playthrough or Internet research is pretty much required unfortunately to fully understand the plot.

If you hate Quick Time events, then this is definitely not the game for you though. Play it on Easy. Also whenever you reach a part where stealth is involved (there are 2 sections of this) watch a LP to figure it out immediately, because they can be very frustrating.

For $3 it's pretty much worth it just for the soundtrack alone IMO.

Tizoc

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Seeing as it's $3 I should be able to enjoy the first few hours of the game fr that much heh.

Playing Captain Morgane on PS3 and so far...it's OK. One thing I dislike is that you move with the Right Stick but the Left Stick will just move or cycle between intractable objects. This kinda kills the whole examination aspect in PnCs.

Made it half way through the game in oh 3ish hours, will aim to finish it by the end of the month if I'm lucky.

I finally beat Beneath a Steel Sky. Wow, that ending was very satisfying.

And the "bad ending" of Robert becoming LINC was delightfully twisted, did not see that coming.

Now I need to look for a copy of the soundtrack online.

Joe Molotov

Not really, it has a great first scene but then it falls apart. At each following scene I was hoping for it to pick up from that promissong opening but it never did. After halfway point it becomes one of the worst things I have played.

Man, that demo (opening scene) was bait-and-switch to the max. It made it look amazing, when the rest of the game was hardly anything like that. I honestly thought it was going to be one of the best adventure games ever.

jdl

Banned
Daaaamn at that art! I really want to see more monster/human interaction games like Majin.

idTQPT4ZDReXT.gif

Kinda would have liked to see a bit more of the game, but it sounds promising. What a generic title, though, don't think it'll do them favours.

That looks incredible.

So I got the bad ending of Primordia last night. Those of you who played through both that game and Beneath a Steel Sky can imagine how eerie it felt to finish both on the same day...

I was gonna try the other endings but I forgot to save during the last few hours of the game, so I'll do that next weekend when I have more time.

Alastor3

So I got the bad ending of Primordia last night. Those of you who played through both that game and Beneath a Steel Sky can imagine how eerie it felt to finish both on the same day...

I was gonna try the other endings but I forgot to save during the last few hours of the game, so I'll do that next weekend when I have more time.

is it worth the money ?

is it worth the money ?

If you enjoy the art direction, atmosphere and lore of that universe as much as I did, definitely. I got really immersed into the world and despite the uneven quality of the final product (some frustrating puzzles, poor animation and a few overwritten bits) I always wanted to see what was next. The whole setting and mythology surrounding the game really struck a chord with me. At times I found myself just staring at the beautiful backgrounds while listening to the haunting soundtrack, or digging through Metropol's public terminal learning about the history of the city.

The "bad ending" is
eerily similar to the bad ending of Beneath a Steel Sky
and I look forward to trying for a nicer conclusion.

Prominence has also just had some new screens and finally some footage released.

What is Prominence? A game I knew about but haven't linked to? in the 2013 OR the 2012 thread? Can't seem to find it but I have info and saved picture links.

ANYWAY here it is again if not.

Prominence

Similar style to Myst, exploration style point and click but with movement/animation.
Check out the first in game footage.
http://youtu.be/2EYkZ-jCkxE

Some game information.

After living for generations as persecuted refugees, the Letarri people set their sights on a far-off planet as a promising new home. But when the interstellar mission to colonize the new world goes terribly awry, the fate of their people falls into the hands of a lone adventurer. Now it's up to you to unravel the mystery of what happened. Can you save them and their mission, or is it already too late?

- Solve a dynamic mix of challenging, yet logical, puzzles that tie directly into the story.
- Acquire and use additional skills and abilities as you progress through the adventure.
- Discover clues and reconstruct the events of the mission through emails, audio recordings, environmental clues, and a damaged central computer in need of repairs.
- Become immersed in the world through fully rendered HD environments with animated movement and effects.
- Hack computer subsystems via a text-based interface.
- Access holographic data archives to explore a wealth of backstory, environmental details, mission information, crewmember records, and more.
- Experience an original soundtrack with over 40 minutes of music.

Prominence is a first-person, point-and-click adventure game for the PC filled with puzzle-solving goodness, compelling character arcs, and an engaging story of hope and humanity in the best traditions of good science-fiction.

Screenshots.
hEBrwKc.jpg

JRgcC9C.jpg

fliw2ac.jpg

BG6BLIq.jpg

10A0ixs.jpg

inm8num2

Ooh that Raven game looks interesting. King Art did a fantastic job with The Book of Unwritten Tales, so they have my attention!

Btw, was Critter Chronicles any good?

Just realized we're getting Night of the Rabbit and Leisure Suit Larry within a few days of each other. The year of the point-and-click is heating up!

Hey guys, is there a legal way to play Innocent Until Caught? I've been wanting to play this game forever but I don't know where to find it.

Hey guys, is there a legal way to play Innocent Until Caught? I've been wanting to play this game forever but I don't know where to find it.

I'm not sure if it is abandonware.
Try searching for it using abandonware as a tag. If you do play it there was also a sequel called, Guilty.
May have a look for them myself.

I'm not sure if it is abandonware.
"Abandonware" doesn't mean much... It's not been "liberated" by Psygnosis (which is now under Sony, I think), so you should search for the floppies or the CD. I've seen a couple of boxes on Ebay and Amazon. A little bit pricey, though: $19.99.

Thanks guys. I will probably have to configure Dosbox in order to play it and I'm pretty ignorant on that front... is the game worth the effort of learning how to do that? I feel like Innocent Until Caught looks pretty good yet it has next to zero coverage/reviews online, even on specialized adventure gaming web sites.

I feel like Innocent Until Caught looks pretty good yet it has next to zero coverage/reviews online, even on specialized adventure gaming web sites.

The reviews I remember from back then were pretty positive. And that was a period where Lucas and Sierra were dominating the genre and dwarfing every other game not published by those two beasts. Getting positive reviews while being compared to Monkey Island or King's Quest wasn't a small feat. I think it's worth a try.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Rufus is a generally well designed douchebag.

Just played the "good ending" of Primordia.

Wow, for all its indie/low-budget rough edges this game is simply unforgettable. The artwork, the music and the mythology combine to create an amazing atmosphere. The game isn't perfect but I come away very satisfied with the overall experience.

I loved the two endings I got, especially that last one. Now I want a new game set in the same universe.

nny

Just played the "good ending" of Primordia.

Wow, for all its indie/low-budget rough edges this game is simply unforgettable. The artwork, the music and the mythology combine to create an amazing atmosphere. The game isn't perfect but I come away very satisfied with the overall experience.

I loved the two endings I got, especially that last one. Now I want a new game set in the same universe.

By the end, I really wished there was more game for me to get to know the world better; learn more about the mythology and explore other places.

Top Bottom