• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Point n Click Adventure GAF 2013 The pixel hunt continues.

Telltale announce their new series for summer, based on the Fables series of comics.

The Wolf Among Us

1ttHEgO.jpg]
Starring Bigby Wolf.

Also The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief, new game from KING Arts Game (people who did Unwritten Tales) has got a steam store page, listed release date June 20th.

Steam Store Page

Tizoc

Currently playing Papo & Yo on PS3, despite the lack of polish it's a rather interesting game. Great music and nice puzzles.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I'm a bloody backer and I didn't have a clue this was out there!

I have to admit to ignoring most of the backer's e-mails I get on Pinkerton Road, though, it's endless wallpapers and Lucy & Lola updates I'm not very interested in :(

Anyway, this looks like Cognition, unsurprisingly. I hope the game is good!

You really ought to check out those e-mails. $30 and up backers got to play the alpha build of chapter one today (it's still pretty rough.) Even though it wasn't perfect, playing it sure made me excited for the game. :9

BluWacky

You really ought to check out those e-mails. $30 and up backers got to play the alpha build of chapter one today (it's still pretty rough.) Even though it wasn't perfect, playing it sure made me excited for the game. :9

Well I got that one because they sent a separate e-mail about it!

Haven't had the chance to play it yet, but looking forward to doing so.

Tizoc

Just beat Papo and Yo today. Great and simple game, but the screen tearing really needed to be patched out.
Puzzles are actually quite simple, but I enjoyed what I played of it. If anything I'd replay it again to listen to the soundtrack which is amazing.
I personally think $15 is a little too much for how long it'd take to beat, so with the PC ver. coming soon I say grab it at $10.

Bauer24

This thread is a goldmine for adventure games but there are too many to choose from, although i've compiled a big list, i'm having trouble finding a good hard-boiled detective point-and-click game. Any suggestions?

inm8num2

This thread is a goldmine for adventure games but there are too many to choose from, although i've compiled a big list, i'm having trouble finding a good hard-boiled detective point-and-click game. Any suggestions?

If you haven't played them, the Gabriel Knight trilogy is exactly what you seek.

Each game is on GOG.com

Hofmann

One of the weirdiest P n C lately has just been released - Dominique Pamplemousse. It's $4.99 for Windows/Mac and iOS.

There's a really short demo which you can play here.

The game is made in stop motion animation, in a similar way to the Dream Machine, but the best thing about it, is how the characters express themselves - they just sing in most cases. It looks charming, but like I said, the demo is short, so I can't tell much more about it.

Fjordson

Uh...Fester Mudd is out on iOS for 99 cents. Defnlinitely grabbing that. Been waiting for it to come out, but haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. Isn't it like $10 on PC. Pretty big difference in pricing :lol

Tizoc

Uh...Fester Mudd is out on iOS for 99 cents. Defnlinitely grabbing that. Been waiting for it to come out, but haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. Isn't it like $10 on PC. Pretty big difference in pricing :lol

iOS games are always dirt cheap...well most of the times really. Thanks for the heads up though!

nny

Well, seems I'll be picking it up on iOs then. Just noticed, this is a first week only 66% discount.

Hofmann

Going to stream a bit of The Cat Lady, looks really interesting. Anyone here played it?

http://www.twitch.tv/awesomeoutof10/

And sorry for spamming the channel, got to get those viewers somehow :p

Don't want to be spoiled, so I won't help you with the counter.

I need to get back to it. Finished the first chapter and as for now, I really like it - mostly due to a creepy and disturbing atmosphere. I just hope that the game will focus on the story and character interactions, instead of a puzzle solving.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Been playing quite a lot of Syberia, the first one. It's a series that's been on my radar since, well, the sequels release actually. Almost ten years, time sure flies...

I'm loving it! What a delightful atmosphere, and the story is quite intriguing. Puzzles are fun. Not really hard, but they keep the story going. Some really nice art, too.

Those bundles are to good to be true sometimes. And for the ones who don't know which one I'm talking about and have an interest in Syberia:
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/bundle-five/

Started playing Primordia last night, enjoying it much more than I expected. Beautiful art direction, intriguing world mythology and a friggin' amazing, 80's inspired synth-heavy soundtrack.

inm8num2

Started playing Primordia last night, enjoying it much more than I expected. Beautiful art direction, intriguing world mythology and a friggin' amazing, 80's inspired synth-heavy soundtrack.

Finished that last week. I loved it. The music is awesome, too!

Sky Goblin have released The Journey Down prototype version, using AGS.

You haven't missed that there is a Retro "prototype" version of The Journey Down chapter one on our homepage? Its a full game, totally free to download and play! The prototype was built in Adventure Game Studio. A big thanks to Chris Jones for giving away the engine for free to the adventure game community!

901590_551630038214705_1777492157_o.png

Download it here.
http://www.skygoblin.com/the-journey-down/TheJourneyDown.zip

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Telltale announce their new series for summer, based on the Fables series of comics.

The Wolf Among Us

Starring Bigby Wolf.

Also The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief, new game from KING Arts Game (people who did Unwritten Tales) has got a steam store page, listed release date June 20th.

Steam Store Page

OH MAN, Fables is a beautiful comic (issues 1-75 make up a wonderful, wrapped up, self contained story that should not be missed) and I was a huge fan of TT's TWD. Hopefully this is as good or better!

Sky Goblin have released The Journey Down prototype version, using AGS.

901590_551630038214705_1777492157_o.png

Download it here.
http://www.skygoblin.com/the-journey-down/TheJourneyDown.zip

Can't wait for Ep 2.

Carcetti

Played it on iOS. It's an amazingly accurate 'clone' of old SCUMM type games down to every detail. With that price anyone nostalgic for old Lucas should pick it up.

So which recent games I should have played and should be kicking myself if I haven't? Is there something awesome in them I'm missing out?

Ben There, Dan That (I feel bad for not having played this)
Edna and Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes (the GB Quick Look had me very o_O)
Metal Dead
Book of Unwritten Tales (their next game The Raven looks more appealing to me)
The Journey Down

Fjordson

So which recent games I should have played and should be kicking myself if I haven't? Is there something awesome in them I'm missing out?

Edna and Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes (the GB Quick Look had me very o_O)
Metal Dead
Book of Unwritten Tales (their next game The Raven looks more appealing to me)
The Journey Down
Journey Down is incredibly good. Short, but really good.

epmode

The Ben and Dan games are the funniest adventure games in years. Great writing.

disap.ed

Brno is like 2 hours from here in Prague, I could just show up and tell them the main character looks early CGI weird :p

This will change though. There currently is a voting on the backer forums how the new one should look like.

And Brno is only an hour away from me :)

epmode

I don't have an exact count but it seemed like a mid-sized adventure game. Keep in mind that it's ridiculously easy and the whole point is to read the boatloads of descriptive text and dialogue.

Am I making it sound terrible? I liked it a bunch. Good music too!

I don't have an exact count but it seemed like a mid-sized adventure game. Keep in mind that it's ridiculously easy and the whole point is to read the boatloads of descriptive text and dialogue.

Am I making it sound terrible? I liked it a bunch. Good music too!

Mid-sized would be 6 hours? I already have the game, just working on my backlog.

SOME-MIST

My first time through was almost four hours. But I played through it again shortly after and took my time and got, maybe, anther hour out of it.
I think my play time might have been double that..but I'm not too sure as I didn't keep track. I literally clicked on everything in the world (every single book, flower, etc..) to get descriptions.

I'm going to have to do the same thing for ithaka of the clouds since my name is going to be on one of the books now :D

km3k

Neo Member
Mid-sized would be 6 hours? I already have the game, just working on my backlog.

I played it a few months ago. I think it took me about 6 or 7 hours. It's a great game. Have you played the other Lands of Dream games? I went back and played the others after The Sea Will Claim Everything. They're much shorter (one is about 20 minutes long, the others about 2-4 hours) and not quite as good in my opinion, but still well worth your time. I'm looking forward to the next game, Ithaka of the Clouds, too.

Been playing quite a lot of Syberia, the first one. It's a series that's been on my radar since, well, the sequels release actually. Almost ten years, time sure flies...

I'm loving it! What a delightful atmosphere, and the story is quite intriguing. Puzzles are fun. Not really hard, but they keep the story going. Some really nice art, too.

I just started this too after getting it in a bundle. I love it too! Nice and charming! I really enjoy how you read through a lot of the story in found old letters and such.

My first time through was almost four hours. But I played through it again shortly after and took my time and got, maybe, anther hour out of it.

I think my play time might have been double that..but I'm not too sure as I didn't keep track. I literally clicked on everything in the world (every single book, flower, etc..) to get descriptions.

I'm going to have to do the same thing for ithaka of the clouds since my name is going to be on one of the books now :D

I played it a few months ago. I think it took me about 6 or 7 hours. It's a great game. Have you played the other Lands of Dream games? I went back and played the others after The Sea Will Claim Everything. They're much shorter (one is about 20 minutes long, the others about 2-4 hours) and not quite as good in my opinion, but still well worth your time. I'm looking forward to the next game, Ithaka of the Clouds, too.

Thanks, these responses are really helpful.

The Last Door has launched!
Episodic pixel art point n click horror mystery.

http://thelastdoor.com/

Kickstarter from last year.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1042570429/the-last-door-episodic-horror-adventure

There is a free playable teaser on the site and if you like the idea it's currently Minimum 2euro donation for Chapter 1 - The Letter.

Pilot Chapter, our lead character receives a mysterious letter and is compelled to embark on a journey in search of his childhood friend. Finding the clues to his whereabouts, he will unravel the terrible situation in which the inhabitants of the great manor were living, and the truth about his owner.

They are doing this on a chapter by chapter basis seeking funding as they go.

Well worth supporting I reckon.

The Last Door has launched!
Episodic pixel art point n click horror mystery.

http://thelastdoor.com/

Kickstarter from last year.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1042570429/the-last-door-episodic-horror-adventure

There is a free playable teaser on the site and if you like the idea it's currently Minimum 2euro donation for Chapter 1 - The Letter.

They are doing this on a chapter by chapter basis seeking funding as they go.

Well worth supporting I reckon.

Thanks! Looks cool, will have to check this out later.

Top Bottom